Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,264 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Nairalander's Church Picnic In Russia: Photos - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairalander's Church Picnic In Russia: Photos (45911 Views)

My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) / Used Toyota Picnic 690k / Pastor W.F. Kumuyi In Russia Then The Unthinkable Happens! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalander's Church Picnic In Russia: Photos by mushroomFarm: 1:08pm On Aug 13, 2023
Hi buddies.
So I completed my first year exams successfully.
Russian language gets easier with each new day, I made 79%, 80% and 88% in Russian language, chemistry and biology respectively (For my midterm medical school exams for foreign students) which are very great scores because we study in Russian language and we were examined via a method that involves writing and giving oral answers to your professors. These professors only speak and understand the Russian language.
(I got higher chemistry and biology scores compared to students from former USSR countries studying with me even though they are native speakers of the Russian language wink?
So enough of the bragging grin grin
My pastor decided to take us on a picnic (African and foreign students) and I just want to share with you some pictures from our picnic.
First picture is my pastor giving me a slice of water melon.

Second picture is me.
Third picture is a picture I took in the church library before we went on our journey. We assembled in church very early in the morning for tea and breakfast (majorly fruits)
Last picture here is my pastor before he started showcasing his cutting skills on the water melon.
It was a lovely experience and an exciting picnic. Take note that we were not asked to pay anything oooooooo... Our pastor calls it a gift from God...and a way of making us experience nature more and bond together as one family in Christ regardless of race and colour.❤️
Let me also add that there are no police nor military checkpoints in Russia. There are no militants, unknown gunmen, terrorists, etc in the bushes too. Any gunman that wants to be unfortunate, all the farmers who are retired war veterans would gang up and hunt them down lol nobody send you to be stupid grin
As thick as the forests are, everyone felt safe..made me feel sad about Nigeria. undecided
nlpfmod
Follow the link in my profile/signature to view more photos and videos in my Russia/foreign life WhatsApp group.

73 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Nairalander's Church Picnic In Russia: Photos by mushroomFarm: 1:08pm On Aug 13, 2023
First picture here is roasted meat and fish (from the wild chicken our pastor hunted down in the forest. He caught the fishes too)
Second picture is a friend and another African student from Zimbabwe.
Third picture is my own plate of food. That was the fourth plate I got lol because we actually had lots of meat and roasted fishes.

38 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nairalander's Church Picnic In Russia: Photos by illicit(m): 1:10pm On Aug 13, 2023
Is it summer in Russia now

14 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Church Picnic In Russia: Photos by mushroomFarm: 1:14pm On Aug 13, 2023
First picture here is our pastor, another brother from church vibing to some afrobeats we were playing in a bass speaker and there is also sister Natalia (the sister from church that bought me my winter clothes) she was helping prepare another round of food after she finished swimming just minutes earlier.
Second picture is our pastor in the deep, fishing...
Third picture is our first round of food (I think...)

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nairalander's Church Picnic In Russia: Photos by mushroomFarm: 1:17pm On Aug 13, 2023
First pic...Sister Natalia serving drinks, pancakes, biscuits, sweets and another round of food. The church's mantra is that whenever you come to the presence of your father (our God) you should go back home 'overfed'
Second pic: Another round of food
Third pic is a picture I took on our way to the picnic site. Yes, it is summer in Russia now, in fact, Summer is now rounding up so farmers need to gather alot of hays that will last them for the 9months of winter that is fast approaching.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nairalander's Church Picnic In Russia: Photos by mushroomFarm: 1:21pm On Aug 13, 2023
So when it was time for swimming, I declined. Recently a Nigerian died in another city. He drowned in a river. He was a good swimmer but in Russia, the rivers are dangerously cold...one dive and you could start suffering from disorientation, hypothermia, etc before you actually get drowned. Someone here on Nairaland once said 'life has no duplicate is a black man's mantra" this is very correct. But our pastor's wife insisted that I would be very safe if I swim with her. (I never enter river before oooo)
Na so we enter sha... After few minutes I was already swimming in the deepest part of the river....but she was close by at all times...and sometimes when I dive and don't surge nor emerge quick enough she would swim to my location lol remember I told you the church here shows and practice a kind of love that would start making you wonder if something else is not getting involved. grin
Well, here is a picture we took before swimming. No mind me...I con wrap my hair grin grin na jjc I be

95 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nairalander's Church Picnic In Russia: Photos by panpan(m): 1:26pm On Aug 13, 2023
Which city or region of Russia is this?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalander's Church Picnic In Russia: Photos by mushroomFarm: 1:29pm On Aug 13, 2023
This is the city of Yakutsk.
I study in one of the top 100 medical schools in the world.
But for this picnic we went to a farming region in the state of Yakutia (Yakutsk where I study is the capital) the state of Yakutia is about three times the size of Nigeria by land mass. I am not sure how far this picnic site is from the city but we were doing 120 to 140km/hour for about an hour before getting there.

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nairalander's Church Picnic In Russia: Photos by mushroomFarm: 1:32pm On Aug 13, 2023
Finally I decided to add a picture of the city so you won't think Yakutsk is all made up of forests and uncivilized zones lol
Fun fact, all intact and major well preserved mammoths in the world are all in my university. Yakutsk is the coldest city in the world and the most well preserved mammoth ever found, was found here in our city.

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairalander's Church Picnic In Russia: Photos by TheMensch(m): 1:45pm On Aug 13, 2023
Y

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's Church Picnic In Russia: Photos by DevilishMan: 1:45pm On Aug 13, 2023
mushroomFarm:

Well, here is a picture we took before swimming. No mind me...I con wrap my hair grin grin na jjc I be

Bros why you cover your preeq for here?

244 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Nairalander's Church Picnic In Russia: Photos by RoadMozart(m): 1:49pm On Aug 13, 2023
You guys don't have access to Garri there? cool

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nairalander's Church Picnic In Russia: Photos by mushroomFarm: 1:52pm On Aug 13, 2023
Least I forget...let me sound you guys a note of warning. Don't ever try to hold your pastor's wife like I did up there in Naija oooo grin cheesy cheesy talkless of swimming with her.. grin grin

116 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nairalander's Church Picnic In Russia: Photos by mushroomFarm: 1:54pm On Aug 13, 2023
DevilishMan:

Lolzz you are a bad man grin I was in shorts and I just don't feel comfortable posting my pictures without trousers that's all.

64 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nairalander's Church Picnic In Russia: Photos by DevilishMan: 2:10pm On Aug 13, 2023
mushroomFarm:

Lolzz you are a bad man grin I was in shorts and I just don't feel comfortable posting my pictures without trousers that's all.

Your Pastor and wife are into BBC cuckold fetish so get ready.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nairalander's Church Picnic In Russia: Photos by Solsix(m): 2:11pm On Aug 13, 2023
I thought they say Russians are racist, how true is that??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalander's Church Picnic In Russia: Photos by mushroomFarm: 2:16pm On Aug 13, 2023
Solsix:
I thought they say Russians are racist, how true is that??
They lied to you that's all. Russians are friendly to foreigners than most 'white' countries. Russians are probably the only group of people in the world that does the opposite of rasicm to black people. I mean most countries are either neutral, slightly racist or very racist but Russians love black people and they carry it for head.
I am pro American. My dad did all his studies there and I seem to like America. Russians respect Americans too. So trust me...I am not being sentimental, I am just telling you about Russia...exactly the way they are.

158 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nairalander's Church Picnic In Russia: Photos by mushroomFarm: 2:25pm On Aug 13, 2023
DevilishMan:

Seun Mynd44 dominique nlfpmod OAM4J justwise everybody
grin think about it, I actually encouraged you to build a meaningful successful and happy life despite that annoying thing you said about people I love and respect.
So don't you think I encouraged and gave you a good advice??

122 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nairalander's Church Picnic In Russia: Photos by DevilishMan: 2:28pm On Aug 13, 2023
mushroomFarm:

grin think about it, I actually encouraged you to build a meaningful successful and happy life despite of that annoying thing you said about people I love and respect.
So don't you think I encouraged and gave you a good advice??

Ishilove pocohantas ibkayee samantha124 goodlady siofra
Fight for your love

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairalander's Church Picnic In Russia: Photos by siofra(f): 2:37pm On Aug 13, 2023
DevilishMan:

Ishilove pocohantas ibkayee samantha124 goodlady siofra
Fight for your love

You're so embarrassing🤦🤦🤦

Like he said, get a life undecided

118 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nairalander's Church Picnic In Russia: Photos by TERMlNATOR(m): 3:16pm On Aug 13, 2023
mushroomFarm:
Please grow up and salvage something meaningful out of this thing you call life.
brother.
I want to come to russia but i no too get money.
I just want to escape tinubu's shege.
Pls, what business can one do over there?

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nairalander's Church Picnic In Russia: Photos by DrSam4(m): 3:22pm On Aug 13, 2023
@mushroom brother, you are inspiring me!

I would like to follow you to Russia.

I am learning to drive & barb as a handwork to add to my studying over there.

Please, I would like you to be interested.
How do I contact you?

4 Likes

Re: Nairalander's Church Picnic In Russia: Photos by GoodBoi1(m): 4:43pm On Aug 13, 2023
Okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalander's Church Picnic In Russia: Photos by Maycol(m): 4:43pm On Aug 13, 2023
Cool
Re: Nairalander's Church Picnic In Russia: Photos by tydi(m): 4:43pm On Aug 13, 2023
grin
Re: Nairalander's Church Picnic In Russia: Photos by money121(m): 4:44pm On Aug 13, 2023
Ok
Re: Nairalander's Church Picnic In Russia: Photos by ecolime(m): 4:44pm On Aug 13, 2023
DevilishMan:

Mumu

14 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What A Mathematician Friend Told Pastor Adeboye / TB Joshua Exposes Shrine Where Elderly 'priests' Enslave, Sleep With Virgins / Stop These Sexual Acts In 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.