Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,948 members, 7,848,843 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:59 AM

Neymar Questions African Footballers Commitment - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Neymar Questions African Footballers Commitment (514 Views)

5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football / 5 African Footballers Who Went From Rich To Broke / Mikel, Kanu, Yakubu Named Among Epl's Most Influential African Footballers Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Neymar Questions African Footballers Commitment by thedio(m): 6:56am On Jun 05, 2023
Brazil superstar Neymar has questioned African players’ commitment to their countries despite the abundance of talents from the continent.

In a tweet by Frank Khalid, a British entrepreneur, the owner of West London Film Studios, Elbrook Cash and Carry, Brazil superstar Neymar has questioned African players’ commitment to their countries despite the abundance of talents from the continent.

The Paris Saint Germain forward, in his statement, said Africa was blessed with an array of stars, but added that they mostly put up good performances only for their foreign clubs, but don’t show the same commitment for their countries.

Neymar, whose country Brazil has won the World Cup on five occasions, ascribed their achievement to the enthusiasm shown by South American and European players for their respective countries.

“African players have talent, but they only show it to their respective clubs, not for their respective countries,” Neymar was quoted as saying by Khalid.
This is why Brazil has five World Cups because African players don’t have a lot of passion to represent their countries like South American teams and the Europeans. It’s surprising because the best African players play in the best clubs in Europe.”

The 31-year-old’s assertion may not be far from the truth as several Nigerian star players have been castigated for showing more commitment to their clubs than the national team.

Neymar has made 124 appearances for Brazil, scoring 77 goals.

In the space of 13 years, since he made his debut for the Seleção in 2010, the former Barcelona forward has only managed to win the Confederations Cup (2013) and was a runner-up in the Copa América in 2021.
https://punchng.com/neymar-questions-african-footballers-commitment/

Re: Neymar Questions African Footballers Commitment by 2RUTHHURTS(m): 7:08am On Jun 05, 2023
SureGoalPunter1:
Good morning ladies and gentleman men

I have a good and well trusted source that provides me sure 2 odds daily, And the games are 100% guarantee winnings. Though the games are just 2 odds, but it haven’t fails me before and the winning are still counting and going on.

Contact me +234 903 368 2733
At least comment on the above Topic before giving us your 2 odds from the pit of hell grin
Re: Neymar Questions African Footballers Commitment by Oromoni619: 7:16am On Jun 05, 2023
Evil set of players, I remember back den when men are men
Re: Neymar Questions African Footballers Commitment by Amotolongbo(f): 7:38am On Jun 05, 2023
Oromoni619:
Evil set of players, I remember back den when men are men
If you had the same opportunity the players had, you would do worse.
So men aren’t men again right?
Re: Neymar Questions African Footballers Commitment by Oromoni619: 8:26pm On Jun 05, 2023
Amotolongbo:
If you had the same opportunity the players had, you would do worse.
So men aren’t men again right?

Speak for yourself brotherly,no e
Very one is as nice as you if you know what I mean

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Bicycle Kick Called SANGALOW? / I Guess You Can Entertain? / Thanks Arsenal For Teaching Chelsea Football Lessons.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.