Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,099 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

My Journey To Canada PART 1 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Journey To Canada PART 1 (4727 Views)

My Journey To Canada �� Part 2 / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Journey To Canada PART 1 by Barbiesmiles(f): 10:18pm On Jun 05, 2023
Hi loves, Welcome to my MOVING TO CANADA FROM NIGERIA SERIES. This series will be in 3 parts , the first my student visa application process.

it’s a start of a new era and I’m glad I was able to document this, I hope my process helped someone and you enjoyed this video.

I hope you enjoyed it
Please do SUBSCRIBE, LIKE, COMMENT and SHARE. Thank you muah 💋.
Link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCLlpZ5euJg

6 Likes

Re: My Journey To Canada PART 1 by Barbiesmiles(f): 10:25pm On Jun 05, 2023
It wasn’t an easy journey tho
But thank God my visa got approved.

My first step was getting Admission into Algoma University in Canada. Course Post graduate diploma in Business.

6 Likes

Re: My Journey To Canada PART 1 by Barbiesmiles(f): 10:34pm On Jun 05, 2023
After getting admission into Algoma university, I was asked to pay a tuition deposit of $11,500. Which I did
Then d student visa application started…

4 Likes

Re: My Journey To Canada PART 1 by ahnie: 10:34pm On Jun 05, 2023
Reminds me of whizqueen.wheres that lady sef?

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Canada PART 1 by Barbiesmiles(f): 10:41pm On Jun 05, 2023
Secondly I processed to medicals IOM
INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION For IMMIGRATION
I booked an appointment because one can’t go for it without booking. After booking an appointment
A date and time was given to me, including the documents I was asked to come with.

5 Likes

Re: My Journey To Canada PART 1 by Barbiesmiles(f): 10:49pm On Jun 05, 2023
On the day of my appointment for my medicals
I made sure I woke up very early, I left my houz as early as 6am in d morning to avoid any issues and boom 💥 I meant crowd 😂 but lucky me I got number 14.

5 Likes

Re: My Journey To Canada PART 1 by Barbiesmiles(f): 10:57pm On Jun 05, 2023
Finally I was called to come in, a passport photograph was taken then afterwards. I was asked if it was an upfront medicals, I told them yes it was, they collected my international passport and gave it back to me, along with a document and I was asked to go upstairs to start my medicals.

6 Likes

Re: My Journey To Canada PART 1 by Barbiesmiles(f): 11:01pm On Jun 05, 2023
They collected my blood, as well as my urine and lastly
X-ray was done. I meant with a nurse and doctor asking me plenty, plenty questions consigning my health and if I have any health issues. Checking of eyes, height, weight and all.

5 Likes

Re: My Journey To Canada PART 1 by Rescuemania(m): 11:32pm On Jun 05, 2023
Please continue the process, thanks.
Re: My Journey To Canada PART 1 by Barbiesmiles(f): 11:46pm On Jun 05, 2023
I told them I don’t have any health issues and I’ve only be operated once, so very advisable to tell them of you have any health issues to be Guided. Once I was done, a document was printed and given to me, on which you must upload on your application portal to avoid them sending you back for medicals again.

Ask questions please if u have any
Don’t forget my link to my YouTube channel is up ahead.

5 Likes

Re: My Journey To Canada PART 1 by Barbiesmiles(f): 1:42pm On Jun 06, 2023
Back with d gist 😃.
The doctor advised me to upload the document given to me immediately so they don’t send me back for medical again because it turns out, people don’t upload the slip given to them immediately and once d day has passed, you are starting all over again. (Just medicals)

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Canada PART 1 by Barbiesmiles(f): 1:46pm On Jun 06, 2023
Immediately I sent d slip to my husband to upload
It for me because I’m not ready to be back here again😂. Note: if you have any serious health issues that needs immediate treatment it’s very much advisable to treat your sef before medicals, if not
Your visa application might be canceled or put on hold, till you are physically fit.

4 Likes

Re: My Journey To Canada PART 1 by Barbiesmiles(f): 1:51pm On Jun 06, 2023
That was it for my medicals 😃
Moving forward. PCC Police Clearance Certificate
was needed for my application. PCC Is issued by Nigerian police which is also known as GOOD CONDUCT CERTIFICATE. The certificate shows that you have no crime or Nigeria has nothing to hold u for , you are not a criminal. But if you are that’s a big issue for you

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Canada PART 1 by Barbiesmiles(f): 2:03pm On Jun 06, 2023
I chatted with someone that worked there before going for d certificate, he asked for my address, local govt of residence, state of origin, destination country, data page of my passport, passport photograph (white) , NIN number, Email on my NIN , phone number on my NIN, Reason for inquiry (Education). He used all this information to create a page for me and I was asked to pay 40k for the PCC. I was asked to come the next day for fringed print.

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Canada PART 1 by Barbiesmiles(f): 2:44pm On Jun 06, 2023
When I got to police headquarter in wuse, Abuja the next day, They refuse to allow me enter because the police men I meant at d entrance said 😒😒 what I was putting on was short that I should go back home and I was coming all the way from Kubwa which is like far far. And to me there was nothing wrong with what I was wearing 😞.

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Canada PART 1 by Juliette3Ken(f): 3:08pm On Jun 06, 2023
This is cool 😄. Following

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Canada PART 1 by Barbiesmiles(f): 3:35pm On Jun 06, 2023
The police men were very rude, one of them was saying even if I like I know the Oga at d top he won’t let me in , as if me and him get beef before 😒😒. I was already frustrated then one of the officers 👮‍♀️ that was nice called me to one corner and directed me to meet a lady that sells food close to d gate to ask her if she has a cloth for me to tie around my waist so I can go in.

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Canada PART 1 by Barbiesmiles(f): 5:27pm On Jun 06, 2023
I went to meet the lady and begged for her help
She wasn’t having any clothes on ground to give so she offered to exchange clothes with me even tho I was feeling comfortable about it but mennnn I don’t have a choice. So we exchanged clothes and went back
D way I passed d police men ehhh 😂 fear no let them stop me again. Because d cloth I was now wearing was very long 😂

5 Likes

Re: My Journey To Canada PART 1 by willieguy: 7:11pm On Jun 06, 2023
How did you pay for the fees pls? Form A or through black market rate?
Barbiesmiles:
After getting admission into Algoma university, I was asked to pay a tuition deposit of $11,500. Which I did
Then d student visa application started…
Re: My Journey To Canada PART 1 by Lhimeet(m): 8:34pm On Jun 06, 2023
ahnie:
Reminds me of whizqueen.wheres that lady sef?

Enjoying life in Canada with her younger sis. I watch her YouTube vlog frequently...

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Canada PART 1 by Barbiesmiles(f): 10:54pm On Jun 06, 2023
willieguy:
How did you pay for the fees pls? Form A or through black market rate?
black market
Re: My Journey To Canada PART 1 by Barbiesmiles(f): 10:58pm On Jun 06, 2023
When I got inside, the Man helping me
Logged into my page and I proceeded in doing my finger print. It wasn’t up to 20min
My certificate was sent to me on my page and I downloaded it immediately and I was on my way back home. I tipped d lady that borrowed me her clothes
My way of saying thank you.

5 Likes

Re: My Journey To Canada PART 1 by Barbiesmiles(f): 11:00pm On Jun 06, 2023
And that was it for my PCC
AND finally the last step BIOMETRIC. This delayed a little because you have to book an appointment and wait for a date and time to be sent to you before going for it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Canada PART 1 by Barbiesmiles(f): 11:03pm On Jun 06, 2023
I finally received a date and was asked to be there
15min before my appointment time, my advise is you go 2hrs or go early morning sef because me I went on d time given to me and I was like number 85 😩😩😩.

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Canada PART 1 by Barbiesmiles(f): 11:07pm On Jun 06, 2023
I was asked to come with my appointment letter and a colored copy of your international passport as well as ur original passport. When I got there I showed my appointment letter at d entrance before I was allowed to pass and this time around, I wore long jeans 👖 and polo and tied my hair so nobody will say my dressing 👀

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Canada PART 1 by Barbiesmiles(f): 3:41pm On Jun 07, 2023
So when I got inside
I was d last person number 85, before more people came in. We were to put our bags in a locker 🔐200naira way of making money 😒, before standing in line. We were asked to fill a form nothing serious
Just email, phone number, address and all.

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Canada PART 1 by Barbiesmiles(f): 3:45pm On Jun 07, 2023
Soon it was my turn and I was given a piece of paper
More like a another number and u give them ur filled form and processed to d next room. We’re Dey collected my passport, copy of your colored passport , and all with d number given to you. Only My passport was given back to me and I was told to wait .

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Canada PART 1 by Barbiesmiles(f): 3:48pm On Jun 07, 2023
I was called into a room, were I was asked to read what was on the wall and asked if I’m ok with it, I told them yes and then I did my finger print and that was the end.
I asked d lady what is next now. She say I have to wait for my finger print to appear on my appplication and it takes like two weeks 😩.

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Canada PART 1 by Barbiesmiles(f): 3:50pm On Jun 07, 2023
But luckily for me, 2hrs after I’ve gotten now
My husband called me to give me d great new that my biometric just reflected on my application page 😳😳
I was so shocked 😮 because everybody keeps saying I go wait go oh and here it is same day
Completed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Canada PART 1 by Barbiesmiles(f): 3:52pm On Jun 07, 2023
And the next step now was to wait for approval
This is when d wait started 😩😩😩😩
I thought I was going to be among the people that wait for like ever to get visa approve
But God did it again 😃😃😃

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cape Verde / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Jacky Hathiramani, Dana Air CEO Lauds Commitment By Aviation Agencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.