Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,142 members, 7,829,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice (1569 Views)

Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms / My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With / Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by Bayonet40: 12:03pm On Jun 07, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by EriMma1: 12:07pm On Jun 07, 2023
Irresponsible men will kick against this meanwhile this is the universal truth and nothing but the truth from time immemorial.

"I too Sabi" women don change the whole thing of which most of them ended/end up getting their fingers burnt cos as you're using your money to feed the men, they are using theirs to Chase and spend on side chicks. Una m.umu never do.

Make i see that man that will ask me what Ill bring to the table, ka ihu ma ya na ajaocha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by Wawelexy(m): 12:15pm On Jun 07, 2023
No man prays for being fed by a woman... I totally agree with this in marriage...

But ladies showing entitlement mentality during relationship/courtship is what we won't succumb to.... You or your father should be responsible for your welfare until I marry you....

4 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by mariahAngel(f): 12:19pm On Jun 07, 2023
Many men of this generation have successfully manipulated women into sharing their responsibilities equally with them, and so many women have fallen into that trap, trying to prove what they need not, thereby, overexerting themselves.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by fyzaila: 12:27pm On Jun 07, 2023
There is absolutely nothing wrong in this advice. She couldn't have said it better.

Men are known to always be in charge of everything. For a man to cater for his girlfriend is optional and strongly his choice but after marriage it's very very compulsory on him to shoulder every responsibility of his and his wife.

Because of the issues of women becoming a shadow of themselves after an unfortunate incidence of husband's demise, that is why you see many women nowadays struggling to work and earn as well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by Kobojunkie: 2:07pm On Jun 07, 2023
Bayonet40:
Came across this on FB and decided to share here
Yes, the mention of name of God in an attempt to pretend a mere opinion is sanctioned by God. Nowhere in scripture is it written that God made it is the man's job to be the sole provider in the home. undecided

Sharing of responsibilities is what a partnership even in marriage is after all meant to be about. Sadly, cultural ideologies have driven to extremes the idea by imposing on the minds of people what it refers to as gender roles in a marriage where the one believes that the nature of the anatomical hole in between his or her legs determines the roles he or she is best fit for in the partnership hence reducing what ought to be a shared experience down to something that mirrors a master-slave situation. undecided
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 07, 2023
I don't agree with the advice... I can't imagine myself staying at home all day for the rest of my life being a house wife... I'll start minding other people's businesses and turn into a gossipmonger, I don't want that.

Next thing I'll start hating my neighbors for no reason and I'll have nothing interesting to tell my man when he comes home in the evening after work.. grin grin grin... I hate zeaworld, but I might find myself watching it... grin grin grin

And the relationship will be more fun if we're both working and contributing something to the table.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:40pm On Jun 07, 2023
the problem with the above women and their statements is that...these women are quick to use the word of "god" to claim some yeye nonsense....but when that same bible says the below verses, they are all quiet:

Deuteronomy 22:20-21
If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the young woman’s virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done an outrageous thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house. You must purge the evil from among you.

1 Timothy 2:12
I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.

Deuteronomy 22:23-24
23 If a man happens to meet in a town a virgin pledged to be married and he sleeps with her, 24 you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death

1 Peter 3:3
3 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by 1Sharon(f): 6:08pm On Jun 07, 2023
Lol. Typical cherry pickers. What about where it says women should keep silent in churches?

If the man dies, will she starve to death?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by Foodqueen(f): 9:10pm On Jun 07, 2023
Many of those women that commented practically provide 80% in the home, they will come to social media to be forming porche.

That lady that commented about pad, fit no even get fwb talk more of boyfriend.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by Rubyjade: 9:11pm On Jun 07, 2023
So, you are looking for a man to feed and house you
Bayonet40:
Came across this on FB and decided to share here

https://www.facebook.com/100077444346401/posts/pfbid0PohWQ8LuACfkPCuBne7RL2AnRNiiAk7MRVwtRUUEYRMKZPLiMM3s57FvhB1fHh4Pl/?app=fbl
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by Kobojunkie: 9:14pm On Jun 07, 2023
Foodqueen:
■ Many of those women that commented practically provide 80% in the home, they will come to social media to be forming porche. That lady that commented about pad, fit no even get fwb talk more of boyfriend.
Nigerian women are their own worst enemies indeed! In this day and age, there is everything right about a woman carrying her own weight — not her weight and that of her husband, but her own weight— in the business of marriage. Anything more than that becomes abuse for her or for her partner unless they both agree it should be so. undecided
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by GoldenJAT(m): 9:22pm On Jun 07, 2023
Mtchewwwwwww!;
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by izonborn098(m): 11:16pm On Jun 07, 2023
I cannot allow my wife to take my responsibities in my house all because i will lose my self worth, and if you meet the bad women you will turn house boy
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by Karleb(m): 12:33am On Jun 08, 2023
Last last, everybody will log out and face reality. grin

I know a woman that left her marriage because the husband told her to pay the son rent in school while he takes care of other expenses. Now they are separated and the women will still pay the rent. grin

5 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by Karleb(m): 12:38am On Jun 08, 2023
Foodqueen:
Many of those women that commented practically provide 80% in the home, they will come to social media to be forming porche.

We know. grin This is what we try to tell all those teenagers and early twenties girls but they don't mostly listen until they are too old.

Women lie a lot about things like this, even off social media. You need to follow them home to see that many of them are simps to their man, if they have one.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by Hathor5(f): 6:13am On Jun 08, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
the problem with the above women and their statements is that...these women are quick to use the word of "god" to claim some yeye nonsense....but when that same bible says the below verses, they are all quiet:

Deuteronomy 22:20-21
If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the young woman’s virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done an outrageous thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house. You must purge the evil from among you.

1 Timothy 2:12
I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.

Deuteronomy 22:23-24
23 If a man happens to meet in a town a virgin pledged to be married and he sleeps with her, 24 you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death

1 Peter 3:3
3 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes.

The following is more fitting in the context of the quote, don`t you think? smiley

Proverbs 31

10 How hard it is to find a capable wife! She is worth far more than jewels!
11 Her husband puts his confidence in her, and he will never be poor.
12 As long as she lives, she does him good and never harm.
13 She keeps herself busy making wool and linen cloth.
14 She brings home food from out-of-the-way places, as merchant ships do.
15 She gets up before daylight to prepare food for her family and to tell her servant women what to do.
16 She looks at land and buys it, and with money she has earned she plants a vineyard.
17 She is a hard worker, strong and industrious.
18 She knows the value of everything she makes, and works late into the night.
19 She spins her own thread and weaves her own cloth.

20 She is generous to the poor and needy.
21 She doesn't worry when it snows, because her family has warm clothing.
22 She makes bedspreads and wears clothes of fine purple linen.
23 Her husband is well known, one of the leading citizens.
24 She makes clothes and belts, and sells them to merchants.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by cococandy(f): 6:26am On Jun 08, 2023
You guys want an independent woman who’s a stay at home mom that earns high income, is not a leech, is ambitious but not too ambitious as to not overshadow you. however must always be available to do all the parenting and catering to your needs.

What you guys want does not exist. Leave women alone.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by cococandy(f): 6:27am On Jun 08, 2023
I thought the Bible says strictly the woman must be a stay at home wife. “That’s hOw nAtuRe Made iT”.

Hathor5:

The following is more fitting in the context of the quote, don`t you think? smiley

Proverbs 31

15 She gets up before daylight to prepare food for her family and to tell her servant women what to do.
16 She looks at land and buys it, and with money she has earned she plants a vineyard.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by Hathor5(f): 7:06am On Jun 08, 2023
cococandy:
I thought the Bible says strictly the woman must be a stay at home wife. “That’s hOw nAtuRe Made iT”.

I was surprised too. cheesy
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by 1Sharon(f): 7:35am On Jun 08, 2023
Foodqueen:

She asked a man to refund her for pads and she's not ashamed.

You're right. They're just like the red pill men. They tell men to avoid women and focus on building their life. But the average man has a woman that they are coveting or eyeing. It's natural. Most men are heterosexual.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by 1Sharon(f): 7:36am On Jun 08, 2023
izonborn098:
I cannot allow my wife to take my responsibities in my house all because i will lose my self worth, and if you meet the bad women you will turn house boy

So you believe men should contribute 100% ?

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by izonborn098(m): 8:47am On Jun 08, 2023
If she is business minded, i will try open business for her, her contribution will depend on her income i will not force her, just like my present woman she has that understanding i do almost 90% while she complete the 10%,
1Sharon:

So you believe men should contribute 100% ?

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by 1Sharon(f): 9:06am On Jun 08, 2023
izonborn098:
If she is business minded, i will try open business for her, her contribution will depend on her income i will not force her, just like my present woman she has that understanding i do almost 90% while she complete the 10%,

So when women say this exact thing, why are they called gold diggers?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by izonborn098(m): 9:17am On Jun 08, 2023
1Sharon:

So when women say this exact thing, why are they called gold diggers?
it depend on who u marry and the most importantly the understanding, there are things you yourself as woman has to do without calling ur husband, but now days many women lack that mentality, you cannot call your husband money to cook food everyday, if that will be the case tell him to open small business for u. If their is no deep understanding between husband and wife it is very hard for marriage to last
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by NoToPile: 2:06pm On Jun 08, 2023
This table we are shaking ehn
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by NoToPile: 2:11pm On Jun 08, 2023
mariahAngel:
Many men of this generation have successfully manipulated women into sharing their responsibilities equally with them, and so many women have fallen into that trap, trying to prove what they need not, thereby, overexerting themselves.

You have a point walahi. Na real manipulation, trap indeed.

Why should a married woman be paying houserent, schoolfees and chop moni? Ha!

She go provide the money come die on top home front work again. Lots of the men can't do any other thing in the home apart from providing money so let them provide.

With the kind of men being bred nowadays abeg let them do their providing in peace simple.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by BATified2023: 2:15pm On Jun 08, 2023
mariahAngel:
no wonder many of u are still single n lonely at 40

Leeches
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:18pm On Jun 08, 2023
Hathor5:

Proverbs 31

sadly EVERYTHING from that holy book is more fitting, you cant just take what fit your agenda....

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by mariahAngel(f): 2:38pm On Jun 08, 2023
BATified2023:
no wonder many of u are still single n lonely at 40

Leeches

There's that emotional blackmail. 🙄

It is better for a lady to remain single, than to marry and bear children for a weakling.
Make the truth pepper you well well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by mariahAngel(f): 2:47pm On Jun 08, 2023
NoToPile:

You have a point walahi. Na real manipulation, trap indeed.

Why should a married woman be paying houserent, schoolfees and chop moni? Ha!

She go provide the money come die on top home front work again. Lots of the men can't do any other thing in the home apart from providing money so let them provide.

With the kind of men being bred nowadays abeg let them do their providing in peace simple.

Women (especially Christian women) need to understand that it is majorly their husbands' duty to provide for the family.
Women should only step in as helpers, and not to carry responsibilities that are beyond their power.
There's no need trying to impress anybody.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by malaria(f): 7:34pm On Jun 08, 2023
Foodqueen:

My dear I was about saying that. Believe everything you see on sm at your own peril ..My gender can be funny , most of those ladies spend on this men big time. Some even take care of their families self. Imagine one saying she asked for refund of her pad money. Tomorrow if the man starts treating her like slave she will complain because she can not even afford ordinary pad for herself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Would You Refuse To Marry A Guy Cos He's Not Fine And/ Or Tall? / How To Develop Your Child's Intelligence / ''mysterious'' Boy Or What?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.