Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,288 members, 7,850,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:04 PM

Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice (1588 Views)

Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms / My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With / Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by Foodqueen(f): 7:54pm On Jun 08, 2023
malaria:

My dear I was about saying that. Believe everything you see on sm at your own peril ..My gender can be funny , most of those ladies spend on this men big time. Some even take care of their families self. Imagine one saying she asked for refund of her pad money. Tomorrow if the man starts treating her like slave she will complain because she can not even afford ordinary pad for herself.

That pad scene did not even happen.

It's her imagination.

Alot of things we imagine while growing up

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by GloriousGbola: 9:31pm On Jun 08, 2023
cococandy:
You guys want an independent woman who’s a stay at home mom that earns high income, is not a leech, is ambitious but not too ambitious as to not overshadow you. however must always be available to do all the parenting and catering to your needs.

What you guys want does not exist. Leave women alone.

I was told there woukd be unicorn. I want my unicorn. No stories angry
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by cococandy(f): 9:33pm On Jun 08, 2023
cheesy
GloriousGbola:

I was told there woukd be unicorn. I want my unicorn. No stories angry
I know right
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by pansophist(m): 10:32pm On Jun 08, 2023
mariahAngel:
Many men of this generation have successfully manipulated women into sharing their responsibilities equally with them, and so many women have fallen into that trap, trying to prove what they need not, thereby, overexerting themselves.

Na women manipulate themselves lol. It was not men that invented feminism and 50/50 equality. Na women. Hence I uphold feminist are the biggest hater of women.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by pansophist(m): 10:35pm On Jun 08, 2023
Nothing is wrong with the advice, but only in the context of marriage. No man should be responsible for the financial needs of a girl he is not married to.

Furthermore, a woman should support her provider husband financially when he is passing through temporary financial issues. That's one of the qualities of being a good wife.

3 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by mariahAngel(f): 10:50pm On Jun 08, 2023
pansophist:

Na women manipulate themselves lol. It was not men that invented feminism and 50/50 equality. Na women. Hence I uphold feminist are the biggest hater of women.

What I know is Christian ladies should be careful when choosing a partner.
In true Christian marriages, we don't do 50/50.
Men are the head of the family, therefore, they're major providers.

pansophist:
Nothing is wrong with the advice, but only in the context of marriage. No man should be responsible for the financial needs of a girl he is not married to.

Furthermore, a woman should support her provider husband financially when he is passing through temporary financial issues. That's one of the qualities of being a good wife.

As long as the man does not have sex with her.

I agree with the second part, as long as the man does not stop trying to get back on his feet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by Acidosis(m): 11:04pm On Jun 08, 2023
cococandy:
You guys want an independent woman who’s a stay at home mom that earns high income, is not a leech, is ambitious but not too ambitious as to not overshadow you. however must always be available to do all the parenting and catering to your needs.

Cocoo.. grin
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by pansophist(m): 11:11pm On Jun 08, 2023
mariahAngel:

What I know is Christian ladies should be careful when choosing a partner.
In true Christian marriages, we don't do 50/50.
Men are the head of the family, therefore, they're major providers.

As long as the man does not have sex with her.

I agree with the second part, as long as the man does not stop trying to get back on his feet.

Now that you've clarifed, I agree with you. And yes, as long as he is trying to get back on his feet. And also yes, no sex with her.

One quick question, since you brought up Christian marriage, how should a woman (or a man) handle situations where the spouse stop loving up to their marital duties?

So for example, the husband stops providing not because he can't, but because he don't want to. Or a woman stop being submissive.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by Neverlookback: 11:13pm On Jun 08, 2023
Will you also be willing to play your traditional part, or will you claim equal partners when it comes to your own responsibilities?
mariahAngel:
Many men of this generation have successfully manipulated women into sharing their responsibilities equally with them, and so many women have fallen into that trap, trying to prove what they need not, thereby, overexerting themselves.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by mariahAngel(f): 11:25pm On Jun 08, 2023
pansophist:

Now that you've clarifed, I agree with you. And yes, as long as he is trying to get back on his feet. And also yes, no sex with her.

One quick question, since you brought up Christian marriage, how should a woman (or a man) handle situations where the spouse stop loving up to their marital duties?

So for example, the husband stops providing not because he can't, but because he don't want to. Or a woman stop being submissive.

They should address their issues (the root cause)/air their grievances/seek spiritual counselling (if need be), then forgive one another, if they're willing and want the marriage to work.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by pansophist(m): 11:33pm On Jun 08, 2023
mariahAngel:

They should address their issues (the root cause)/air their grievances/seek spiritual counselling (if need be), then forgive one another, if they're willing and want the marriage to work.

The erring spouse is not willing to make things work. So no hope. Is divorce an option, or permanent endurance?

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by cococandy(f): 11:34pm On Jun 08, 2023
Acidosis:

Cocoo.. grin

Where’s the lie?

Everyday women this and women that 😵‍💫

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by Gerrard59(m): 2:56am On Jun 09, 2023
mariahAngel:

You wanted feminism, you got it Why, then are you complaining? Na so South Korean women complain so tey the men voted for a man who cancelled most of the feminist policies by the previous administration. Now, they are pushing that women should participate in the mandatory national service since birth rates are low. You cannot ask for equal rights in the household and do "my money is mine, but your money is our money".

If you want right, get ready for the responsibilities that follow.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by GloriousGbola: 3:47am On Jun 09, 2023
cococandy:

edit - your unicorn is incomplete

she must be a virgin and a decent woman and a confam freak in the sheets. but not too much of a frak or i will think she must have been wayward.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by Cromagnon: 4:30am On Jun 09, 2023
cococandy:

Screenshot of these lies
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by 1Sharon(f): 5:06am On Jun 09, 2023
pansophist:

Fair enough. But there are men that judge their girlfriends if they don't cook or clean for them. They shouldn't expect wife duties from a gf either.

When it comes to 50/50 the woman ends up doing more.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by cococandy(f): 5:36am On Jun 09, 2023
GloriousGbola:

edit - your unicorn is incomplete

she must be a virgin and a decent woman and a confam freak in the sheets. but not too much of a frak or i will think she must have been wayward.

Oh how could I forget that
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by VTJN(m): 5:41am On Jun 09, 2023
pansophist:

Furthermore, [b]a woman should support her provider husband financially when he is passing through temporary financial issues. [/b]That's one of the qualities of being a good wife.
provided the man won't ask for sex from her until after marriage, then i agree with you

I assume temporary financial issues shouldn't exceed some weeks or maximum of few months. On that note, the man must show commitment during those short temporary financial issues period. He has to convince the woman with his efforts trying to get back on his feet. You know it is temporary not permanent. Also, don't forget it isn't the woman responsibility.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Nigerian women are their own worst enemies indeed! In this day and age, there is everything right about a woman carrying her own weight — not her weight and that of her husband, but her own weight— in the business of marriage. Anything more than that becomes abuse for her or for her partner unless they both agree it should be so. undecided
No Nigerian women aren't their own enemies. Nigeria consists of different tribes and culture, you can't expect every Nigerian woman to support some set of people who wake up one morning and start spewing bladderdash on social media. Thoughts that are very far from reality. How many Nigerian men can comfortably take full financial responsibility for their family without the support of their women? In this current Nigerian economy how many rich man do we have? . Foodqueen is right, these sets of people are the ones we see in markets selling Uwgu or other vegetables, they are the ones in appliances shops with their husbands hustling for daily bread but at night they come to social media to form what is not and deceive young minds.

2) Not every woman will subscribe to being totally taken care of because we know what that means to a Nigerian man. Not every woman can be docile, quiet and be a Yes sir person. If liberty comes with responsibility some of us will gladly accept. You can't eat your cake and have it, but it's better one isn't a furniture or trophy for exhibition.

3) What happens if the man dies? Not all women are narrow-minded. How does a woman who is always taken care of survive the loss of her provider? How does she manage her life and children? Some women think deeper than Now so they don't over work their husbands. And no those women aren't enemies, they are wise.

Lastly marriage shouldn't center on being taken care of, it's selfish. What about the husband? No be human he be? In a marriage base on love, you care for one another. That's the true definition of Marriage.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 09, 2023
Samantha124:
I don't agree with the advice... I can't imagine myself staying at home all day for the rest of my life being a house wife... I'll start minding other people's businesses and turn into a gossipmonger, I don't want that.

Next thing I'll start hating my neighbors for no reason and I'll have nothing interesting to tell my man when he comes home in the evening after work.. grin grin grin... I hate zeaworld, but I might find myself watching it... grin grin grin

And the relationship will be more fun if we're both working and contributing something to the table.
grin grin

This is very funny but true grin . Before you know it, you will be the watch-woman people will come to for details of whatever happens in the house. grin grin

Psychologically, it makes one mentally redundant. Lol. And what happens to your own family when they need your support financially Will the husband shoulder that too?

Personally, If i want to try being a housewife i will have to refund my dad every penny spent on my education grin grin because I won't hear the end of it . grin How can an old man struggle to send me all through primary, secondary and university then I turn out to be housewife! . Even if my husband pays me millions weekly, Father will never be happy with it. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by descarado: 10:22am On Jun 09, 2023
Persephone1:
No Nigerian women aren't their own enemies. Nigeria consists of different tribes and culture, you can't expect every Nigerian woman to support some set of people who wake up one morning and start spewing bladderdash on social media. Thoughts that are very far from reality. How many Nigerian men can comfortably take full financial responsibility for their family without the support of their women? In this current Nigerian economy how many rich man do we have? . Foodqueen is right, these sets of people are the ones we see in markets selling Uwgu or other vegetables, they are the ones in appliances shops with their husbands hustling for daily bread but at night they come to social media to form what is not and deceive young minds.

2) Not every woman will subscribe to being totally taken care of because we know what that means to a Nigerian man. Not every woman can be docile, quiet and be a Yes sir person. If liberty comes with responsibility some of us will gladly accept. You can't eat your cake and have it, but it's better one isn't a furniture or trophy for exhibition.

3) What happens if the man dies? Not all women are narrow-minded. How does a woman who is always taken care of survive the loss of her provider? How does she manage her life and children? Some women think deeper than Now so they don't over work their husbands. And no those women aren't enemies, they are wise.

Lastly marriage shouldn't center on being taken care of, it's selfish. What about the husband? No be human he be? In a marriage base on love, you care for one another. That's the true definition of Marriage.
kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by Vision101(m): 10:30am On Jun 09, 2023
This hairdressing salon gossip is too long
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by pansophist(m): 11:23am On Jun 09, 2023
VTJN:
provided the man won't ask for sex from her until after marriage, then i agree with you

I assume temporary financial issues shouldn't exceed some weeks or maximum of few months. On that note, the man must show commitment during those short temporary financial issues period. He has to convince the woman with his efforts trying to get back on his feet. You know it is temporary not permanent. Also, don't forget it isn't the woman responsibility.

Of yes, of course. My consequent response to mariahangel shows that was what I meant. No sex for the man until marriage either.

And to be clear, a man should assist a woman that he is not married to financially, but where I draw the line is when the women feels entitled to his provisions, then she is crossing the line.

Personally, I will express my affection by giving if I see that there is a genuine need. She don't have to ask, I'll just give. But when it becomes my duty, or a right for her to access my provisions, then only marriage unlocks that.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by pansophist(m): 11:30am On Jun 09, 2023
1Sharon:

Fair enough. But there are men that judge their girlfriends if they don't cook or clean for them. They shouldn't expect wife duties from a gf either.

When it comes to 50/50 the woman ends up doing more.

Also agreed.

In my view, the line should be drawn between discretion and duty.

So for example, I'll exercise discretion by giving her money and gift, as an expression of love. Basically fromy church mind, I do not owe her such, but purely a benevolent act.

But it switches to becoming my duty only after marriage, then she is not only entitled, but have a right to be under my provision coverage. This should apply in the other way round from her as well.

I'll be pissed off if I treat a woman like this, but if it reach her turn to help me maybe cook, she reminded me that she owes me nothing unless I marry her. Meanwhile she is a beneficiary of my discretion.

This rules should be flexible and not rigid, but it also depends on the maturity of the couples in it. Ultimately, if they both have their best interest at heart, this should not be a problem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by VTJN(m): 11:33am On Jun 09, 2023
pansophist:

Of yes, of course. My consequent response to mariahangel shows that was what I meant. No sex for the man until marriage either.

And to be clear, a man should assist a woman that he is not married to financially, but where I draw the line is when the women feels entitled to his provisions, then she is crossing the line.

Personally, I will express my affection by giving if I see that there is a genuine need. She don't have to ask, I'll just give. But when it becomes my duty, or a right for her to access my provisions, then only marriage unlocks that.
I agree with you

But how would you know she's truly in need if she can't ask you as a friend? For instance, let's assume she's from a humble background. As a student, she has paid her tuition fee but hasn't completed her hostel fee. Her hostel fee is 70k but she has 40k. How would you know she needs help truly if she didn't ask for it?

Personally, i feel if she constantly ask for help from you then i wouldn't condole that. But if it's once in a blue moon, and it's something reasonable like her education, handwork, health et al, then i would be glad to help and support. Afterall, we can help a total stranger who seek for genuine help, talk more of a friend.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by pansophist(m): 11:46am On Jun 09, 2023
VTJN:
I agree with you

But how would you know she's truly in need if she can't ask you as a friend? For instance, let's assume she's from a humble background. As a student, she has paid her tuition fee but hasn't completed her hostel fee. Her hostel fee is 70k but she has 40k. How would you know she needs help truly if she didn't ask for it?

Personally, i feel if she constantly ask for help from you then i wouldn't condole that. But if it's once in a blue moon, and it's something reasonable like her education, handwork, health et al, then i would be glad to help and support. Afterall, we can help a total stranger who seek for genuine help, talk more of a friend.

grin grin grin grin grin

It's like you've just started dating women. I'm assuming you're a man lol.

If a woman is in need, you will know. A man may hide his need because woman loose respect for men they support financially. But women? I'll know.

They leave cues. She will talk. She will say it indirectly. It's impossible to confuse it, unless the man just don't want to help. A woman in financial need is the easiest thing to spot in the world.

If I ask "how are you", and she said I'm not fine, I'll only continue asking her what the problem is if I'm sure I can help. If not, I'll just tell her " God is your strength ".

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 09, 2023
pansophist:

Also agreed.

In my view, the line should be drawn between discretion and duty.

So for example, I'll exercise discretion by giving her money and gift, as an expression of love. Basically fromy church mind, I do not owe her such, but purely a benevolent act.

But it switches to becoming my duty only after marriage, then she is not only entitled, but have a right to be under my provision coverage. This should apply in the other way round from her wife as well.

I'll be pissed off if I treat a woman like this, but if it reach her turn to help me maybe cook, she reminded me that she owes me nothing unless I marry her. Meanwhile she is a beneficiary of my discretion.

This rules should be flexible and not rigid, but it also depends on the maturity of the couples in it. Ultimately, if nothing have their best interest at heart, this should not be a problem.
The Pan I used to know before redpill overdose 🤧
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by pansophist(m): 11:59am On Jun 09, 2023
Persephone1:
The Pan I used to know before redpill overdose 🤧

I don grow na. Or do you still crawl with your four legs?
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 09, 2023
pansophist:

I don grow na. Or do you still crawl with your four legs?
grin grin grin

[i] You are right sha, it's nice to see positive growth.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by VTJN(m): 12:03pm On Jun 09, 2023
pansophist:

grin grin grin grin grin

It's like you've just started dating women. I'm assuming you're a man lol.

If a woman is in need, you will know. A man may hide his need because woman loose respect for men they support financially. But women? I'll know.

They leave cues. She will talk. She will say it indirectly. It's impossible to confuse it, unless the man just don't want to help. A woman in financial need is the easiest thing to spot in the world.

If I ask "how are you", and she said I'm not fine, I'll only continue asking her what the problem is if I'm sure I can help. If not, I'll just tell her " God is your strength ".

yes i get you grin

But why is it like that?

A female friend of mine shared her friend experience with me. This her friend has been proposed to and their wedding is coming up in two months time. This her friend live on the mainland. She finished her service just of resent while the guy (husband to be) live and work on the island. This her friends need some cash to sort out something (around 30-40k) and she couldn't talk to her fiance (husband to be) but resorted to ask her friend

It doesn't sit well to me though. I felt if she can accept a man proposal, it means they must have been together for a while and willing to start a family with him. Why wouldn't she be free to express her win and loss to him? Or was it that she felt he won't do it for her or he will but feel somewhat awkward and she's trying to avoid that?

I don't know, i felt it's weird if you aren't free completely to your husband or wife to be
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by mariahAngel(f): 12:33pm On Jun 09, 2023
pansophist:

The erring spouse is not willing to make things work. So no hope. Is divorce an option, or permanent endurance?

Are you, by any chance, that erring spouse? cheesy
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice by pansophist(m): 12:42pm On Jun 09, 2023
VTJN:
yes i get you grin

But why is it like that?

A female friend of mine shared her friend experience with me. This her friend has been proposed to and their wedding is coming up in two months time. This her friend live on the mainland. She finished her service just of resent while the guy (husband to be) live and work on the island. This her friends need some cash to sort out something (around 30-40k) and she couldn't talk to her fiance (husband to be) but resorted to ask her friend

It doesn't sit well to me though. I felt if she can accept a man proposal, it means they must have been together for a while and willing to start a family with him. Why wouldn't she be free to express her win and loss to him? Or was it that she felt he won't do it for her or he will but feel somewhat awkward and she's trying to avoid that?

I don't know, i felt it's weird if you aren't free completely to your husband or wife to be

Haaaa, this one is serious. It's not a good start.

It's difficult to access their situation since we are not in a relationship. But is either the man who made her feel uncomfortable coming to him for her needs, he doesn't have, or something else. I don't know.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Polygamous Family; is it very sweet? / Hello Nlanders I Need Your Voices / Can A Two Months Pregnant Woman Embarke On A 6hour Journey Via Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.