Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,039 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Swollen (Expanding) Of The Testis Of Newly Born Baby. Pls Advise. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Swollen (Expanding) Of The Testis Of Newly Born Baby. Pls Advise. (1509 Views)

Lipstick Left Woman With Swollen Lips - Lady Claims (Graphic Photos) / 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise / What Does Movement In The Testis Mean (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Swollen (Expanding) Of The Testis Of Newly Born Baby. Pls Advise. by farous(m): 2:56pm On Sep 30, 2011
The testis of my newly born baby boy swolls.He is still three to four months,but looking at the testis(the bladder of the joystick) its very big,and it expands more when he is crying.Some including a doctor say it is hernia.Please has any body encountered this before and can advise on what to do?.
Re: Swollen (Expanding) Of The Testis Of Newly Born Baby. Pls Advise. by maclatunji: 4:09pm On Sep 30, 2011
You have to go to the hospital and get proper medical care for your son. If its Hernia, then he will need an operation. The faster you deal with it- the better. Goodluck and God bless.
Re: Swollen (Expanding) Of The Testis Of Newly Born Baby. Pls Advise. by 2mch(m): 4:13pm On Sep 30, 2011
I wonder why the first place you came to was Nairaland to seek advice when your son has such an issue. When it comes to sensitive and reproductive body parts do not waste any time. Go to your hospital as soon as possible. Dont let the boy grow up and blame you for his problems in the future. Just go to a teaching hospital. And before you operate on such a place ask for more than one doctors opinion and the best way to go around it. This is not a joking matter. shocked

1 Like

Re: Swollen (Expanding) Of The Testis Of Newly Born Baby. Pls Advise. by ronkebp(f): 4:25pm On Sep 30, 2011
Kai!!!!!!!!!!! start running to the hospital!!!!!!!!!!!!! common now, what advice are you looking for on Nl?
Re: Swollen (Expanding) Of The Testis Of Newly Born Baby. Pls Advise. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 30, 2011
Pls op, kindly carry your baby to the hospital, and keep praying for your baby. Prayers works wanders. Take care.
Re: Swollen (Expanding) Of The Testis Of Newly Born Baby. Pls Advise. by LadyWinona: 3:15am On Oct 01, 2011
These are d facts. The testis functions best in temp lower than that of the body hence its position in a scrotum situated outside d body. Most hernias which by the way is what your son has, is due to part of the intestine entering the scrotum. The intestine has a higher temp than what d testis is comfortable wit. Delay in making a quick decision can lead to sterility. There are of course other complications but the above is sure to get ur attention faster. The earlier, the better
Re: Swollen (Expanding) Of The Testis Of Newly Born Baby. Pls Advise. by Nobody: 4:09am On Oct 01, 2011
Reading through, I just prayed for ur son. Pls don't panic, just go to d hospital, the same God that brought him to life will take control. Amin
Re: Swollen (Expanding) Of The Testis Of Newly Born Baby. Pls Advise. by Nobody: 4:17am On Oct 01, 2011
Like 2mch said,please seek a second medical opinion b4 any operation. All is well
Re: Swollen (Expanding) Of The Testis Of Newly Born Baby. Pls Advise. by tpia5: 8:21am On Oct 01, 2011
poster, go to a hospital.
Re: Swollen (Expanding) Of The Testis Of Newly Born Baby. Pls Advise. by flushmedic: 4:18pm On Oct 01, 2011
scrotal swelling in a newborn is not uncommon dear,the causes ranges from fluid around the testis which may resolve before your child is one year old hence needing no other forrm of intervention, to an Inguinal hernia which needs to be monitored and surgically corrected. please see a Medical doctor to examine your child and advice you appropriately.
Re: Swollen (Expanding) Of The Testis Of Newly Born Baby. Pls Advise. by Basics007: 7:31am On Oct 02, 2011
Dont panic. It's either an hernia or hydrocele. The doctor has told you the correct thing. Get to a pediatric surgeon for required soluting. All the best
Re: Swollen (Expanding) Of The Testis Of Newly Born Baby. Pls Advise. by farous(m): 12:20pm On Oct 05, 2011
thanks for all the advice.I have gone to teaching hospital,they said that the surgery will be in two years to come,ie 2013,that we should book for it and come back then,i was shocked wats the need to extend it to that kind lenght of time,they say thats how they do it,i went to another private hospital,the Doctor said it can be done any time even now if i want.Some people are saying it can be done now while others are saying to give it a time.I am confused,please more advice!
Re: Swollen (Expanding) Of The Testis Of Newly Born Baby. Pls Advise. by iaabc(f): 12:28pm On Oct 05, 2011
If I were you I would have asked the teaching hospital why the 2 year wait, could it be that they think it could resolve itself by then or are they just being naija hospitals? Then I would seek second third opinions even after going to the other private hospital and I would act fast!
Re: Swollen (Expanding) Of The Testis Of Newly Born Baby. Pls Advise. by farous(m): 12:59pm On Oct 05, 2011
I asked d Doctor such a question and he said"Thats how we do it here",that we should be coming every six months for check up. Thats all he said. Then i went to a private hospital which says it can be done anytime even now.
Re: Swollen (Expanding) Of The Testis Of Newly Born Baby. Pls Advise. by iaabc(f): 1:11pm On Oct 05, 2011
ok, so that was just their naija system of madness. ok so you probably need to get one or two more qualified opinions before taking him for surgery. where are you based? i could suggest a doctor to you if you are in Lagos.
Re: Swollen (Expanding) Of The Testis Of Newly Born Baby. Pls Advise. by farous(m): 1:39pm On Oct 05, 2011
I stay in Lagos
Re: Swollen (Expanding) Of The Testis Of Newly Born Baby. Pls Advise. by iaabc(f): 1:43pm On Oct 05, 2011
whats your email address?you can remove it once i send the info to you.
Re: Swollen (Expanding) Of The Testis Of Newly Born Baby. Pls Advise. by farous(m): 2:15pm On Oct 05, 2011
jin_farous@yahoo.com
Re: Swollen (Expanding) Of The Testis Of Newly Born Baby. Pls Advise. by iaabc(f): 2:21pm On Oct 05, 2011
Ok. I sent the info.
Re: Swollen (Expanding) Of The Testis Of Newly Born Baby. Pls Advise. by farous(m): 2:30pm On Oct 05, 2011
Thanks i got it.

(1) (Reply)

Baby Born With Two Faces / Help: A Friend In Need / Aspiring Model Told She Was 'too Short' Has Her Legs SURGICALLY Lengthened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.