Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,299 members, 7,860,730 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:05 PM

It Is Proper? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / It Is Proper? (479 Views)

Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? / Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? / Is It Proper To Address Your Partner By His/her Real Name In Public? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Proper? by Omoalare1985: 4:25am On Jun 11, 2023
Please is it proper for a wife to be receiving/ calling married man in the presence of her husband?

Note: long conversation minimum of 20mins gisting mostly
Re: It Is Proper? by Kobojunkie: 4:28am On Jun 11, 2023
Omoalare1985:
Please is it proper for a wife to be receiving/ calling married man in the presence of her husband?

Your wife no be human being again? undecided

1 Like

Re: It Is Proper? by GboyegaD(m): 5:56am On Jun 11, 2023
Omoalare1985:

You mind sharing why you think there is an issue with the call?

1 Like

Re: It Is Proper? by fyzaila: 6:21am On Jun 11, 2023
Omoalare1985:

Not proper even behind her husband. If it's a business call, then it's ok but casual no. Capital No.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Proper? by anthonyuncle(m): 6:34am On Jun 11, 2023
it is improper if she knows that the husband is uncomfortable with it and yet, she continues doing it.

1 Like

Re: It Is Proper? by bukatyne(f): 7:52am On Jun 11, 2023
Omoalare1985:

The 'properness' depends on who the married man is to her and the frequency of the calls?

For instance, if she served/schooled with someone and both parties got married and moved apart, nothing wrong in long calls perhaps once a year to catch up.

If the calls are regular and you do not know where he featured/features in her life, then I understand your concern.

Ultimately, communication is key. Engage her and communicate your reservations (if any) after you check it is not from a place of 'Nigerian Husband' complex after her feedback.
Re: It Is Proper? by worry357: 7:52am On Jun 11, 2023
Omoalare1985:
Please is it proper for a wife to be receiving/ calling married man in the presence of her husband? Note: long conversation minimum of 20mins gisting mostly

You sound like jealous and insecure person. Are you afraid that wifey is going to meet a man with more money or bigger joystick?
I think if you wife is mature unlike you she will soon be off with a less suspicious person who is not trying to control her.
Re: It Is Proper? by Omoalare1985: 12:49pm On Jun 11, 2023
worry357:

You sound like jealous and insecure person. Are you afraid that wifey is going to meet a man with more money or bigger joystick?
I think if you wife is mature unlike you she will soon be off with a less suspicious person who is not trying to control her.

I am not jealous and I trust her but I am not just comfortable not only because of me but to those wives that seat besides their husbands and a married woman calls them for almost 30mins, maybe I will be fine if this calls are made behind me

1 Like

Re: It Is Proper? by Kobojunkie: 2:19pm On Jun 11, 2023
Omoalare1985:
■ I am not jealous and I trust her but I am not just comfortable not only because of me but to those wives that seat besides their husbands and a married woman calls them for almost 30mins, maybe I will be fine if this calls are made behind me
So you would rather she make the calls behind your back? shocked shocked shocked

Then go ahead and tell her just that then. grin

3 Likes

Re: It Is Proper? by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So you would rather she make the calls behind your back? shocked shocked shocked

Then go ahead and tell her just that then. grin

Hehehe grin

1 Like

Re: It Is Proper? by talented321: 9:41am On Jun 12, 2023
How some people take dey marry their wives baffle s me
Re: It Is Proper? by pansophist(m): 10:59am On Jun 12, 2023
What a husband.

If he can tolerate his wife talking to other married men in his presence, he probably deserves it. No one will disrespect you without your consent.

8 Likes

Re: It Is Proper? by worry357: 11:49am On Jun 12, 2023
This will not be a nice house to live in with OP mistrusting wifey when he is there, imagine what he is thinking while he is away.
Does he think that wifey has not seen his attitude and how possessive he is being.
I predict that wifey will be away as soon as she finds a less suspicious person that looks after her better!

Then OP will say it's all wifeys fault!
Re: It Is Proper? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 12, 2023
What are you saying?

You're a married man. Whether you're a married man or woman, your spouse should not be calling and receiving calls from members of the opposite sex (other than male family members, and work colleagues/business partners) in your presence or behind your back. I reckon you opened this thread because these men she talks to do not fall into those two categories, but at the same time you're saying you see nothing wrong with her making + receiving them behind your back. Your wife knows she married a mumu man, which is why she's bold enough to make + take these calls in your presence and will undoubtedly make + take them behind your back, if she hasn't begun already. If you're fine with her disrespecting your marital vows, then what's my business?

Omoalare1985:

I am not jealous and I trust her but I am not just comfortable not only because of me but to those wives that seat besides their husbands and a married woman calls them for almost 30mins, maybe I will be fine if this calls are made behind me

(1) (Reply)

Butterfly Sewing Machine For Sale / Very Important Information To Residents Of America!!! / Three Widows Of Army Personnel Killed In Delta Are Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.