Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours (48609 Views)

GWR: Tope Maggie Completes 200-Hour Cooking (Photos) / 150 Hrs Cook-A-Thon: Ondo Chef Deo Sleeps After Cooking For Over 80 Hrs (Video) / What Hilda Baci Has Been Cooking For 4 Days To Break Guinness World Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours by yemex04(m): 7:36pm On Jun 11, 2023
This African mentality is annoying.. No innovation! Everyone just jumps at anything trending.. I expect others would think of 1 unique thing to do... The truth is Hilda rose the bar none those joining the bandwagon will enjoy the kind of popularity she enjoyed..
Re: Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jun 11, 2023
Me na 365 days I wan dogrin
Re: Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours by ojonugba2014(m): 7:39pm On Jun 11, 2023
Me self go soon break record of phone pressing

Lol....

Fools with copycat mentality
Re: Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours by Sijo01(f): 7:40pm On Jun 11, 2023
Where's the other one that turned off her gas to pick beans πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚
Re: Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours by Fatasy(m): 7:41pm On Jun 11, 2023
Egbon werey.
Re: Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours by Killermamba: 7:42pm On Jun 11, 2023
Lawalemi:
Una dey kolo o. Hilda has opened the door for you copy cats
Me I don vex as I dey now, I go soon do my own 5,000 hours . Crazy people everywhere
Re: Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours by GloriousGbola: 7:44pm On Jun 11, 2023
Nazgul:
I posted this on the Dammy thread, and I'll post it here.

This is one attitude of Nigerians I hate. That record has been lying idle for years and none of them ever thought of breaking it. There are also many Guinness world records currently being held by Nigerians but because none gave the holders the kind of publicity Baci has been getting, no one is attempting to break it.

But because Baci started getting publicity and contracts here and there, boom, everyone suddenly wants to challenge the record so they too can hammer like her.

If you go to a community without a pure water factory and open one, and business start booming, after some months everyone would want to open their own factory. Even the ones who would use their palour as factory. Within months the business would be saturated and everyone would stop making money.

We lack creativity in this country. Just some bunch of opportunists trying to ride on the hard work of others

Your quote about pure water is spot on. I remeber seeing pure water for the first time in 1989/90 at a gala held in my secondary school. Very fancy looking. The texture of the bag was soft and it had coloured ink. It looked classy and guaranteed safe to drink . Today everyone is literally making pure water in their toilet with rough coarse fading blue ink.

I wrote somwehere else that the same thing happened with Linda ikeji. She worked on her blog for years. Once she hammered everyone started gossip blog, but unlike her they had no restraint or discipline whatsoever. Linda had some really douche moves like the Femi kuti paternity thing, but those copying her are far far worse.

2 Likes

Re: Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours by danilho(m): 7:44pm On Jun 11, 2023
HeartlessMan:
All Afonjas.
Afonjas and jealousing Omo Igbo...
Though am not in support of these chefs that are just rushing to break Hilda’s record but then Hilda is now an Ibo while Akpabio is not. Are they not from the same state again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours by JealousCobra(m): 7:45pm On Jun 11, 2023
Lawalemi:

So you're not aware of unstable mental health of so many Nigerians 😎

1 Like

Re: Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours by Beverlyjean(f): 7:47pm On Jun 11, 2023
jaybenugo:
Watch what Burna just did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J_mScOQgho

This fool laughing like a retard... but will start forming like a fool that he is when he sees Africans ... inferiority complex fool

3 Likes

Re: Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours by clockwisereport: 7:48pm On Jun 11, 2023
We like to saturate anything we see other people do in this country that seems profitable.

From pure water business to filling stations to blogging to comedy skits to POS business to private universities to this latest one (cook-a-thon)

I wish them well though. After all, records are meant to be broken

1 Like

Re: Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours by labake1(f): 7:48pm On Jun 11, 2023
Nazgul:
I posted this on the Dammy thread, and I'll post it here.

This is one attitude of Nigerians I hate. That record has been lying idle for years and none of them ever thought of breaking it. There are also many Guinness world records currently being held by Nigerians but because none gave the holders the kind of publicity Baci has been getting, no one is attempting to break it.

But because Baci started getting publicity and contracts here and there, boom, everyone suddenly wants to challenge the record so they too can hammer like her.

If you go to a community without a pure water factory and open one, and business start booming, after some months everyone would want to open their own factory. Even the ones who would use their palour as factory. Within months the business would be saturated and everyone would stop making money.

We lack creativity in this country. Just some bunch of opportunists trying to ride on the hard work of others.

Say someone that can't attempt anything.
Hatred full people heart, if you can't cheer them up, just keep your opinion to yourself. COOKING is creativity itself, what can you cook?
Soon they will be saying ONE NIGERIA
Re: Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours by Gamesmart: 7:49pm On Jun 11, 2023
Lawalemi:

May they all fail so we can mock them.

Useless Nigerians without original thinking.
Re: Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours by rolams(m): 7:49pm On Jun 11, 2023
Una no go find another thing to do?

Radarada!
Re: Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours by ucheclub(m): 7:51pm On Jun 11, 2023
If all of us start to cook nah!Guiness book to your contain our names oo!they will put some people name for Heineken,bajinotu,small stout or Burukutu record book
Re: Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 11, 2023
Memeni:
Why must the backstabbing always come from the wasterland....are they cursed or what

We know una

Ipob terrorist

Re: Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours by Lewiseze1988(m): 7:54pm On Jun 11, 2023
The sky is large enough for everybody,ride on.records r meant to be broken.break that record asap.
Re: Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours by Federalis: 7:54pm On Jun 11, 2023
Make all of them getat, including the OP.
Re: Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 11, 2023
I have never seen a more collection of people who lack ideas

2 Likes

Re: Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours by Oxfordgrade: 7:55pm On Jun 11, 2023
Delphi:
This scenario that is playing out in Nigeria now where every tom, dick and harry wants to cook and surpass Hilda's time is typical of Nigerians' mentality. No originality at all just copy-cat ideology!. No one wants to create a niche for oneself but just want to imitate. Once one does something extraordinaire every other person copies. This is so nauseating.
ur moniker suggest to me, that u're a secret socrates disciple

1 Like

Re: Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours by jomarick(m): 7:55pm On Jun 11, 2023
Now everybody dey claim to be chef😁

1 Like

Re: Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours by eyinjuege: 7:55pm On Jun 11, 2023
They should all get out
Re: Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours by wisestman(m): 7:55pm On Jun 11, 2023
some people dont just have shame sha....smh
Re: Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours by NAVYdogg: 7:56pm On Jun 11, 2023
New cats everywhere
Re: Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours by Eriokanmi: 7:56pm On Jun 11, 2023
OldBeer:
Chef Prince Temitope Adebayo popularly known as Tope Maggie from Ogbomoso is warming up to cook for 140hours 20mins.. His attempt date is in November 2023 in Ibadan, watch out.
Chef Maggi, the super griller..see those chicken, wao!
Re: Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours by Dubetex96(m): 7:58pm On Jun 11, 2023
the thing be say na envy dey worry us for this country

1 Like

Re: Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours by MemoriesAndMe: 7:59pm On Jun 11, 2023
I don't really blame him, at least he's trying to achieve a fear to make a name for himself. Would it have been better if he had joined the lazy area boys extorting free money from everyone and motorists?
Re: Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours by Nazgul: 8:00pm On Jun 11, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Your quote about pure water is spot on. I remeber seeing pure water for the first time in 1989/90 at a gala held in my secondary school. Very fancy looking. The texture of the bag was soft and it had coloured ink. It looked classy and guaranteed safe to drink . Today everyone is literally making pure water in their toilet with rough coarse fading blue ink.

I wrote somwehere else that the same thing happened with Linda ikeji. She worked on her blog for years. Once she hammered everyone started gossip blog, but unlike her they had no restraint or discipline whatsoever. Linda had some really douche moves like the Femi kuti paternity thing, but those copying her are far far worse.
That's Nigerians for you. You see that pure water eh! It's horrible. I saw a thread here on Nairaland where nafdac arrested some people producing it in their dirty backyards. Only God would save us in this country.

Nigerians lack creativity. We just want to reap the hard work of others. It's so wrong.
Re: Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours by superCleanworks(m): 8:01pm On Jun 11, 2023
Delphi:
This scenario that is playing out in Nigeria now where every tom, dick and harry wants to cook and surpass Hilda's time is typical of Nigerians' mentality. No originality at all just copy-cat ideology!.

this tells so much about why nigerians are stuck where they are stuck. if you start to sell trucks today, you will see your neighbour selling the same trucks.
Re: Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours by JeffreyJunior: 8:01pm On Jun 11, 2023
Iberibeism taken to its apogee.

Everyone who boils hot water is now a chef and wants to be Guinness book of records.

Well, it's better than BBNaija.

1 Like

Re: Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours by ThatCEO: 8:01pm On Jun 11, 2023
Delphi:
This scenario that is playing out in Nigeria now where every tom, dick and harry wants to cook and surpass Hilda's time is typical of Nigerians' mentality. No originality at all just copy-cat ideology!. No one wants to create a niche for oneself but just want to imitate. Once one does something extraordinaire every other person copies. This is so nauseating.

Emmm, if what Hilda did was extra ordinary, no one would have copied it. We r not talking about a record in atomic physics here. Non of them can get Hilda's fame but perhaps, 20 percent of her fame is enough for them
Re: Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours by superCleanworks(m): 8:01pm On Jun 11, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
Iberibeism taken to its apogee.

Everyone who boils hot water is now a chef and wants to be Guinness book of records.

Well, it's better than BBNaija.

after 70 hours he will put off gas to go and play bet9ja

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What To Do When You Suspect Your Drink Has Been Spiked / How I Cooked My Coconut Fried Rice / 11 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.