Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,877 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

How To Make Money Doing What You Love - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Make Money Doing What You Love (224 Views)

How Does Opay Make Money Doing Free Transfers? / 3 Ways To Start Making Money Doing What You Love - Onlinenigerianbusiness / How To Make Money Doing CPA Marketing (CPA) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Money Doing What You Love by Emceecee(m): 2:24am On Jun 12, 2023
It's not news the need for money, we see people begging, some people asking for help, others presenting their certificates looking for work. There is a lot of opportunity to make money if people are willing to be creative, sadly, that is something that’s hardly taught anywhere, and what i’ll like to discuss about.
The problem is there is a big misunderstanding between the goal and the means by which we fulfill the goal. By creativity, I mean that if you dial in on the goal, then you can be flexible with the means to reach it, and can do so in a way that is more suitable for your situation and what you are able to do at your current moment. So what am I talking about?
The goal is to make money, that’s the final objective, the means is going to school, learning a skill, asking people, etc. Now boil it down to it’s first principles, what’s common between all these? It’s getting people to give you money. Now ask why do people give money? What do they hope for? Here’s the thing, PEOPLE GIVE MONEY TO HAVE THEIR PROBLEM SOLVED.

Think about all the things that made you to give somebody money; to travel, eat, snack, a laptop, clothe, house, and so on. All these things are common in the sense that they solve problems, big or small, in other words, you gave money in exchange for what will solve problem, which is known as value. In summary, the way to get money is for people to give you, and people usually give money in exchange for a value that solves their problem.
If people see something as valuable, they’ll be willing to pay money because people want their problem solved. When you perceive something as valuable and at the right price, you don't really care about the money what you care about is the value you are receiving in return that is the case with everybody.

If you can understand this then you can see why the current education system and people looking for certificates and going for a job applications is not as valuable as it once was, and it’s not the only way, rather you can be creative, because all you need to do is to create value. Imagine if someone could cure cancer, create a better alternative to fuel, fix broken marriages, you think people won’t buy because he doesn’t have a certificate?
Here’s the interesting part, if you’ve understood what i’ve said so far, then understand that you can create a value that solves people's problem, based on something that you are passionate about, so you’re making money whilst doing what you love and enjoy. Next in sha Allah, i’ll be giving some examples.
Re: How To Make Money Doing What You Love by Emceecee(m): 4:18am On Jun 12, 2023
Two things to note:
1. Notice what’s common between them is that they all solve problems.
2. These are ideas i’ve seen come up with based on me and my journey, don’t see them as the only way, if you’re creative, you’ll find many opportunities.
3. They are things with little to no competition, that’s the advantage of being creative.

Go to a school private universities, focus on a specific course or program e.g. medicine and then offer a program that simplifies their educational journey, you make graduating with good grades easier. I saw someone doing this, no competition I think, making 6 figures, in pounds (Cambridge).

Teach a particular group of doctors maybe surgeons or dentists how to acquire more customers, all businesses need more customers.

A rich man with big houses and space in it, offer to cultivate the land with crops or animals. In fact, agriculture is so lucrative you can just meet someone with money and sell him to invest in agriculture where you run the business for him, it can be as simple as raising layers.

There are influences online people with a lot of audience but they don't sell anything to them, teach them or create a product for them that they can sell to their customers and then you'll be willing to pay you or get a commission for that which is what many influencers do.
People have money and don’t know what to do with it, offer to start something small where they put you in charge; provision store, restaurant, etc.

And so on, what is important is that you are creative and it is based on something that you are good at doing or is most suited to you and you enjoy doing it. Now you see some people saying their problem is capital, i'll like to say something about that.
Re: How To Make Money Doing What You Love by Emceecee(m): 10:45am On Jun 12, 2023
Some people say their problem is they are trying to raise capital to start a business, looking for 100k, 500k, and no one to give them. Again, start from the very beginning, people give money to have their problem solved, if you can’t go big, start small, as small as solving a problem for one person.

Let's say you want to buy and sell clothes, meet one person and be honest with him, tell him your situation and if he'll be willing to buy clothes from you even if it is just for you to go to the market/store and buy it for him, you save him the time and energy him to go and buy it by himself then you can get a small commission from that even if it's 1,000, 2,000. People want to help, and they are willing to if it won’t cost them too much. Don’t go and be begging and saying my child, no food, no amount is too small, people are tired of that, when they give, such people usually come back and ask for more, that’s creating a problem, not solving one. If you can afford to beg for 100 naira, you can afford to look for a small value you can offer to somebody for 1,000 naira, make sure it solves the person's problem.
More examples:
Instead of opening a restaurant, cook for just one person, some people buy from street vendors because there’s no choice, but if someone can make food that’s home cooked, cleaner, healthier and more delicious, and for the right price, they won’t mind patronizing.
Many rich parents have children that are not doing well in school, if you can really help their child to excel in school, they can even pay you more than what many schools pays teachers.
The university example I gave above, don’t go big, start with 1-3 people, even 1 is enough.
Don’t know who to meet, go to rich homes and offer to clean or wash, don’t beg, if people find you solving their problems, they’ll be more open, that’s how you open your opportunities.
If you’ve noticed me mentioning rich people, then you’re right, you want to tap into where the money is flowing, no point charging what people can’t afford. It’s not only them, it just increases your chances of getting paid good money, you can still do with average. The goal is to solve problems, be creative, look around you and observe, what problems people are having that you can solve, even in your immediate contact list are people you can help, and they’ll be willing to pay you. Provide QUALITY product/service.

People say there is no money in the country, please don’t take it the wrong way, that’s how poor people think. It’s not an insult, it’s just a way of thinking that doesn’t serve you, just like thinking you’ll one day elect a politician that’ll save the country, rich people think differently. Jumia has laptops and ipads selling at over 1 million and people are buying, if people perceive value, they’ll pay, period.

When you can solve a problem for 1 person, then you can solve the same problem for two people, three people, keep on adding, if one person will pay you 1,000 then 10 people will total 10,000, Do the maths, and before you know it, you can earn more the salary of the average civil servant, with less work and more value, do it well, and with time you can blow. Solving problem for people, that’s all business, yet someone will go to school for 20 years and will never hear something like this, who will tell him, if his teachers knew they won’t be teaching.
I find it surprising people are still looking for certificates these day, believing it’s a sign of education, and if you don't have one, you are not a smart person or you can't find a job. I saw a research that professors(US,UK) with all their degrees and ‘titles’, are not anywhere near the richest people, like the gap was too much. I was once speaking to a girl who studied medicine and she told me that once she starts housemanship, she’ll be earning 140k per month. I chatted with a lady on nairaland, after learning kdp for like 6 months, she started earning N200k per month, 6 months vs 7 years. Over a year later, I don’t know what the doctor is learning, but the kdp girl’s income has almost quadripled.
I don't know anybody that is going to pick up he's mathematics or chemistry notes from 5 years ago and solve a problem that he is currently facing but someone can learn programming, psychology, cooking, etc., and solve people's problem over and over again for a lifetime. Things are easy, it’s people that make it hard. Shikenan, I can’t shout louder than that.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Money Doing What You Love by Hoily: 9:26am On Jun 16, 2023
I just sent you a PM, do well to respond.

(1) (Reply)

Best Marketing Agencies In Lagos For Startups / Palmpay Is Giving Free 1k Without Bvn And Referral / Can Opay Account Be Opened On Behalf Of A Customer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.