Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,041 members, 7,821,584 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Sad End To Another Domestic Violenc Case - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sad End To Another Domestic Violenc Case (2607 Views)

I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / Sad End Of A Youth Corps Member / How Do Career Women Cope With Domestic Chores? - Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sad End To Another Domestic Violenc Case by Nobody: 4:27am On Oct 01, 2011
To those of you who continue to stay with a violence spouse, fast pray and cook pounded yam and vegitable soup, am not cursing you but telling you the cold hard truth. Your name and story will be up here next. Another woman who refused to listen and use her head. Shey love fasting and prayer can change a crazy man who takes delight in knocking off ur teeth and breaking ur hand. Good luck oh, its a long weekend, pray and fast well oh before you receive a tripple portion of independence beating.
e Criminal Investigation Department, CID of Nassarawa State Police Command, Lafia is questioning Johnson Yakubu, a taxi driver who plies his trade in Abuja on the murder of his fiancee.

The body of the deceased, 29-year-old Victoria Akubo, was discovered by the son to the couple’s landlord on Friday afternoon. Explaining the circumstances in which the body was discovered, sources in the deceased residence at Catholic Church Road, One Man Village, a suburb of Abuja, Nigeria’s capital, told news men that the taxi driver who had left home earlier in the day called the landlord’s son to help check on his fiancee since he has been trying unsuccessfully to get her on phone.

The landlord’s son said he subsequently went to knock the door of the couple’s flat, but he did not get any response. The landlord’s son said he subsequently called Johnson back to inform him that there was nobody at their home. But the taxi driver was said to have insisted that his wife is inside the house. He asked the landlord’s son to check inside the house through the other door that leads into the couple’s flat at the back. Following Johnson’s instructions, the landlord’s son said that he went to peep in through the window and saw the body of Victoria lying on the bed with her face covered with a pillow.

He said he entered the flat and discovered that the Victoria was dead with two marks indicating that she was stabbed in two places. The landlord’s son said he consequently reported to the police. News men confirmed that the incident was reported at the local police station before the case was transferred to Lafia on Monday this week. It was gathered that Johnson, in his statement, tried to deny responsibility for the murder. But the claim is being faulted by Victoria’s family.

It was learnt that Johnson had initially told the police that he left home around 8 am that day, but changed his statement later when he gathered that Mama Reuben had called Victoria around 6:12 am, indicating that the deceased was still alive as at then. The same Mama Reuben told the police that she later went to see Victoria at their home around 7:30 am, but left after she repeatedly knocked the door without getting any response.

Investigations also revealed that though Victoria and Johnson did their traditional marriage introduction ceremony preparatory to their wedding about two months ago, the deceased’s family did not approve of the marriage. Also, neighbours of the couple at their former residence told news men that Johnson, an Igala from Kogi State, like his wife, is in the habit of beating and maltreating his wife to be.

Victoria, it was learnt, was admitted in hospital for some weeks recently as a result of such beating. A younger sister of the deceased who was living with the couple claimed to have left in protest of the domestic abuse of Victoria. Solomon Akubo, an elder brother of the deceased, said the family wants justice to be done on the issue even as he alleged that the police are trying to sweep the matter under the carpet.
Re: Sad End To Another Domestic Violenc Case by Nobody: 4:43am On Oct 01, 2011
Hmm, na wa oh
Re: Sad End To Another Domestic Violenc Case by Nobody: 4:44am On Oct 01, 2011
I have no kind words for Victoria, at 29 you signed ur death warrant choosing to stay with an abuser. Someone who will beat you and the beating gets you into a hospital you will carry ur legs against family and friends advice and go back, toh enjoy ur love na, shey na till death do you part, you don die at 29, party continues, d world goes on, If Yakubu gets away with it he will go to church and get another victim, chikenan ur own don end. Shebi you love am, can't live without him, toh you got ur wish. The only people I pity are her poor family who saw d signs, begged, warned and protested now have to bury their daughter at 29.
Re: Sad End To Another Domestic Violenc Case by Nobody: 5:46am On Oct 01, 2011
A man that hits you once will do it again(you'all don't have to agree with me). What kind of woman will stay with a man that beats her?
Re: Sad End To Another Domestic Violenc Case by Odunnu: 6:21am On Oct 01, 2011
The average Nigerian gurl thinks that a man who hits them is the best dude for them, thats insanity!
Re: Sad End To Another Domestic Violenc Case by 9to5365(m): 12:14am On Oct 03, 2011
Am I missing something here or is the OP here calling on women to leave their homes? I think that is sick.
I do appreciate that you say you were a victim but why do you have to try and spoil other people's homes? Just so they can join you in the bitter womens club ? Please ifd any married woman has problems with their husband try and use the normal african method of resolving family problems, invole the extended family etc. Leave these damaged females alone.
Re: Sad End To Another Domestic Violenc Case by SisiKill1: 12:22am On Oct 03, 2011
9to5365:

Am I missing something here or is the OP here calling on women to leave their homes? I think that is sick.
I do appreciate that you say you were a victim but why do you have to try and spoil other people's homes? Just so they can join you in the bitter womens club ? Please ifd any married woman has problems with their husband try and use the normal african method of resolving family problems, invole the extended family etc. Leave these damaged females alone.

Yes oooh, it is far better to be A DEAD WIFE than an ALIVE DIVORCEE!

Thanks ojare for reiterating  that point!!

See some of us let ourselves get swept away by the thought of self preservation, we forget what's truly important.

Fortunately, we have people like you to remind us.  kiss kiss  kiss
Re: Sad End To Another Domestic Violenc Case by obowunmi(m): 12:51am On Oct 03, 2011
LoL at Sisikill---
Re: Sad End To Another Domestic Violenc Case by 9to5365(m): 1:41am On Oct 03, 2011
@sis_kill
I will not bother to reply to your post as it is just juvenile. However I will say this, the African way of handling things is still the best method. I am yet to see a family that wants or allows their kid to be killed.
Re: Sad End To Another Domestic Violenc Case by SisiKill1: 3:47am On Oct 03, 2011
9to5365:

@sis_kill
I will not bother to reply to your post as it is just juvenile. However I will say this, the African way of handling things is still the best method. I am yet to see a family that wants or allows their kid to be killed.
You are right, that was juvenile. . very juvenile sef and it takes someone who reasons as maturely as you do to spot that.

In my haste to post, I totally forgot to factor what the family WANTS and what they will ALLOW when I made that statement and it was very wise of you to bring it up seeing as we have ample evidence to show that what the family WANTS and ALLOWS is ALWAYS what happens.

Poor Titilayo who was hacked to pieces, it wasn't her husband's fault. . .she got exactly what her family wanted and allowed for her. The day she was born, her mother looked at her and said "My daughter, you will be chopped to pieces before your 30th birthday"

Victoria nko? Can't you just picture her parents sitting in their porch looking up the midnight skies and discussing how they want their daughter to be stabbed to death in the BQ of someone else's home. Awwwwwwwww!!

Thank Goodness that woman from the other thread is still alive (even though her eyeballs are hanging out from their socket from when her husband tried to perform surgery on her with a broken bottle) she can go plead with her family to want and allow good things for her in the future instead of the head bashings she receives on a daily basis.

To all the women who received some tender loving acid showers from their husbands - Please talk to you family (that is if your lips haven't melted into your chin), ask them why they wanted and allowed you to get an acid bath.

Battered women everywhere. . . are you trying to figure out what went wrong? Look no further than your family, apparently this is what they wanted and therefore allowed to happen to you.

Great, non-juvenile way of thinking, no? Very Mature!!!

Once again, from the bottom of my heart. . .I want thank 9to5365 for helping us see the light! kiss kiss kiss
Re: Sad End To Another Domestic Violenc Case by Nobody: 3:57am On Oct 03, 2011
^^^ hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah. SisiKill, I swear if I lose my Job, na die you dey soo . The line that made me shait in my Gstring was the ''Thanks for making us see the light''. Heheheheheheh what a light. grin.
Re: Sad End To Another Domestic Violenc Case by Nobody: 3:58am On Oct 03, 2011
Hahahaha Sisi, I wanted to reply but tnx for covering dat for me, all wise one: am very bitter oh, ha very bitter now cos I was already used to slaps n kicks and now I don't get my daily dose. Kai I regret living oh I should ve stayed and fulfilled my destiny as a married dead woman survived by her almighty husband and wonderful African family. Silly bitter me, you and Madam CC need to have a deliverance session to cure me of my bitterness oh. Silly me, the African way is definately d best forgive me for not stayoing tru but we can get great testimonies from Titilayo, victoria and recent without ear African woman Mercy, ah Mercy is a very good African woman, despite being without ears and half her face gone, she still loves and forgives her sweet African man, maybe I should go and take lessons from her

1 Like

Re: Sad End To Another Domestic Violenc Case by Nobody: 4:24am On Oct 03, 2011
Lest I Forget, pls forgive my sick advice in advocating for women to stay alive, what greater glory can a virteous womans testimony be than the fact that she died from submission. After all he is her husband, ladies disregard my previous advice I was sick when I wrote them from now on if your husband uses belt to flog you pls make sure you neatly arrange the belts for him so when he wants to flog u he won't have to look for the belt. The day he decides to stab you, wash and clean d knife den present it on bended knees, before you die make ur last worship of ur almighty african man be done in total submission. Its your destiny and dying married especially in the hands of the man who is meant to love you more than himself is the best thing that can happen to you
Re: Sad End To Another Domestic Violenc Case by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 03, 2011
Re: Sad End To Another Domestic Violenc Case by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 03, 2011
Madam CC I no gree oh, if you have kids its your responsibility to remove them from that dangerous situation. He kills you and then you die a Mrs and leave ur children to a life of misery transported from one relative to another or you raise another generation of wife beaters and daughters who think beating is and acceptable norm in marriage, if our mothers had stood firm we won't be in dis mess
Re: Sad End To Another Domestic Violenc Case by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 03, 2011
Re: Sad End To Another Domestic Violenc Case by ifyalways(f): 10:21am On Oct 03, 2011
I have no pity for anyone sent to an early grave by a mad spouse.I can't love you more than you love yourself.If anyone decides to stay in an abusive marriage for any reason,S/he is ready to die for no reason.

Btw,what was the cause of their fights?Good Lord,marriage is sweet and honorable but its not done by 'force and power'.If it stops working,its best to seperate and go different ways peacefully.
Re: Sad End To Another Domestic Violenc Case by ronkebp(f): 6:56pm On Oct 03, 2011
9to5365:

CORPORATE EXAMPLE OF A WIFE BEATER, shocked shocked shocked shocked wink wink
Re: Sad End To Another Domestic Violenc Case by dayokanu(m): 7:29pm On Oct 03, 2011
Its better to die fighting than to be alive a divorcee.

9to5365, If no one else understands you, I surely do.

Marriage is like Royal Rumble 2, Only the strong survive, Only the wise excel, Only the lonely die slowly. Its like Hulk Hogan and Undertaker fighting and the Undertaker runs away.

The children of the dead spouse would live in the glory that our mom died fighting.

Pray to have a fighter as a spouse so the glory can be higher
Re: Sad End To Another Domestic Violenc Case by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 03, 2011
9to5365:

I did the african method and it did not work so PLEASE leave that one.

as for the person blaming the woman for staying PLEASE DON'T DO THIS OR INSULT THOSE THAT DO, its no so easy as just up and leaving - b4 the man reaches the point of raising his hand trust me he has beaten you down mentally.

I've got to go - its not easy to leave and trust me I have even contemplated going back to my ex (and no i wasn't smoke weed at the time - lol) its only cos i'm not in Nigeria and by the grace of God that I didn't fall into that stupid trap of running back. I also have another life to consider - not just my own - the next generation should not grow up thinking its ok for a man to beat his wife.
Re: Sad End To Another Domestic Violenc Case by Nobody: 6:07am On Oct 04, 2011
Lol Dayo, I don laugh die
Re: Sad End To Another Domestic Violenc Case by Confilass: 4:26pm On Oct 05, 2011
I'll say life is a choice. If u decide to answer married woman and die dey fine, if u decide to move out it's still OK. It's only dos that wears the shoes dat knows where it pains most.

For me I don't pray to be dey, I had an Aunt that sufferred from this and when she narrates her stories it's horrible and terrible. She can get a film out of her situation. She had five children with the man but finally left. Thank God he has re-married.

A bit of my own experience, 1st time of been beaten by my boyfriend. We were happy together but as soon as he saw another chic he had wanted to taste (u know some guys way, d taste okro, melon, vegetable etc). The best he could do was to beat me and collect his house key and bring in d other chic, he ended up taking me to hospital and I lied to the Dr. I fell down but I had to quit.

[b][/b]DO NOT STAND OUTSIDE TO JUDGE debrief08
Re: Sad End To Another Domestic Violenc Case by samtoye(m): 4:28pm On Oct 07, 2011
Paradox of Life; right on the main board a topic goes - I Hired Those That Killed My Late Husband – Detained Wife - it has 2 comments and 136 views. Topic started 3:01pm Oct 5. No lady commented on this topic. Another topic - Sad End To Another Domestic Violenc Case - it has 21 comments and 467 views. Topic started 4:26pm Oct 5. Man killing woman would be termed the "devilish men" but woman killing man is just another tale of temporary insanity. Who should complain of gender inequality?

1 Like

Re: Sad End To Another Domestic Violenc Case by chivaley(f): 10:22pm On Jun 18, 2012
Domestic violence is a no no and should not be tolerated. that said, divorce is not always the answer like some of the ladies here like preaching. Marriage takes work, committment and dedication, so ladies(and I dont mean the 'divorce all husbands' clan)please work on your marriages before packing it in. Many of these ladies preaching divorce(with the exception of debrief who unfortunately had an abusive marriage) have problems in their own homes, resolve them quietly and then come here to ask you to toss yours in the bin.
Re: Sad End To Another Domestic Violenc Case by sophy09: 10:44pm On Jun 18, 2012
Domestic violence at times is not physical but rather emotional and mental. It is easy for some to get out while some find it hard. Nigeria has few support groups for these women. The religious houses which are to be a place of refugee are not but rather a place of condemnation. Apart from the few support group, some will prefer to stay in the marriage because their mindset has so messed up. Some see their case as hopeless while some will rather stay to save face from families and friends.

It takes a strong women to say no and walk out of the relationship but where is the strength when she has been abused both physically and emotionally.
Re: Sad End To Another Domestic Violenc Case by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jun 18, 2012
chivaley: Domestic violence is a no no and should not be tolerated. that said, divorce is not always the answer like some of the ladies here like preaching. Marriage takes work, committment and dedication, so ladies(and I dont mean the 'divorce all husbands' clan)please work on your marriages before packing it in. Many of these ladies preaching divorce(with the exception of debrief who unfortunately had an abusive marriage) have problems in their own homes, resolve them quietly and then come here to ask you to toss yours in the bin.

my dear what do you suggest is the answer??

its all good and well to say work on yourself but when it reaches the point that u get a beating for merely breathing what do you suggest. divorce is never the answer for marital problems but when its a life or death issue I suggest one leaves the situation to enable one live to see another day.
Re: Sad End To Another Domestic Violenc Case by Nobody: 2:16am On Jun 19, 2012
I so much love it when some people do the Maths:

African mentality = Common Sense
Modern Mentality = No sense
Olden-day African Mentality = Extremely rare and common sense.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Sad End To Another Domestic Violenc Case by armyofone(m): 2:37am On Jun 19, 2012
so sad!

a wife beater must be given his own bitter pills to swallow. the day the son of adam dare pinches you, same day you give it back through awon boyz or your big brothers.
anyway, rest in peace. may new generation ladies take heed undecided
Re: Sad End To Another Domestic Violenc Case by lolaluv1(f): 8:58pm On Jun 19, 2012
My parents have been married 31 years. In all this time, I have NEVER seen my dad raise a hand against my mum or browbeat her with insults, even though they have had their share of marital struggles. These past 31 years; they still sleep in the same room. They still buy gifts for each other. She still cooks him his favourites. He sometimes cooks his 'bachelor special' for us too. They watch movies together, with my dad explaining sm parts to her. They go out for dates in the evenings with their friends sometimes. They argue and they make up.
Inshort, they are best of friends. It hasn't always been so easy and sweet. But we wouldn't be where we are today, if my dad had been abusive. We love him and respect him as a father who has been a father indeed, not as a fearful dictator some men are to their families.
As a student, I loved going home because the peace and love there, was unquantified.
The truth is that some men think the only way to handle a woman is to maltreat her. Bt as can be seen in the case of my parents, it is grossly untrue.
I would ask any woman in an abusive relationship to save herself. If it is leaving him, getting counselling, etc but just save yourself. It is a living woman, that gets to be a Mrs.

Years ago, I lost my aunt to an accident caused by her lying, unfaithful, uncaring husband and today, the pain is still so fresh as that faithful day she died.
(Ah! aunty, mine. I hope you have finally found peace that so eluded you in your marriage).

The man in question is remarried. But my tall, kind, beautiful aunt died in her 20s. She went prematurely to the world beyond in anguish and sadness of heart. I wish she'd decided to save her life. I wish....

1 Like

Re: Sad End To Another Domestic Violenc Case by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 21, 2012
Up til now am yet to understand or fathom why women will choose to live with an abusive spouse.d funny part if it is dat dey say its because of love or because of my kids.if its because of love,as far as am concerned domestic violence is not love,if u want to know what love is read 1st corinthians ch 13.and if its because of ur kids,d day u die is d beginning of their misery as long as they are still minors.d sad truth however in nigeria d law protects d strong against d weak,y because we live in an abnormal society where anarchy and d state of nature is d order of d day.women learn,we av only one life.and d worst part of it is dat women are not safe in societies where d state of nature precedes rule of law.take it or live it.anyway my father told us dat if we bring any prospective husband to our house we should let him know dat he is going to go for mental check up and if he isnt ready,he can go to hell,i'll rather have u gals to be safe,happy and single than to live a life of misery n pain all in d name of enduring marriage to a beast,moreso i dont want my grand kids to think wife battering is a way of life.she who has ears let her hear.enoff said

(1) (Reply)

In Pictures: World Largest Kitchen That Feeds 100,000 Daily / My Wife Money Mismanagment / Is Iyana Oworo A Goodplace To Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.