Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,180 members, 7,864,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:20 AM

Which Oil Is Best To Service My Camry Big Daddy - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Oil Is Best To Service My Camry Big Daddy (778 Views)

Please Which Oil Is Meant For This Place In This Car / Which Oil Can I Use To Service My Rav 4 2008 / Is This Engine Oil Good To Service My Corolla (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Oil Is Best To Service My Camry Big Daddy by Renwess: 11:30am On Jun 12, 2023
Dear experienced Users,

I have this Toyota Camry 2003 (big daddy) and I have not serviced it for a while due to the fact that I wasn’t having the cash at hand when it was time to do the oil change , then as last month I begin to see very thick black smokes coming out of it. This black smoke comes out with water at times when starting the car in the morning. I have been asked to go service asap.

Pls the mechanic that service it the last time wasn’t available so this time I want to use Mobil 1 to service the car.

The problem is when I got to market to buy the guy asked if it’s Nigeria or Overseas Mobil 1.

I am confused . Is Mobil 1 of 2 types? If yes then which would you recommend for me.

God bless you as await your advice .
Re: Which Oil Is Best To Service My Camry Big Daddy by Patented: 11:32am On Jun 12, 2023
The exact spec of the oil required is on the top of the oil cover. Look for that and buy fully synthetic
Re: Which Oil Is Best To Service My Camry Big Daddy by OgbeniOja1: 11:39am On Jun 12, 2023
First of all. Your recommended oil is 5w 30. It should be on the engine oil cover. Now 5w 30 is in many different brands like total and Mobil but considering your interest on mobil you should get the advanced synthetic 5w 30. It is the best for your engine. Though I would like to know the oil your car has been previously using. There is also the semi synthetic. I attached a picture of the two and price from jumia

Re: Which Oil Is Best To Service My Camry Big Daddy by Treadway: 3:52pm On Jun 12, 2023
If it is tokunbo, you can go for the Mobil 1 5w30 synthetic, BUT if you got it naija used, find out what the previous owner was using and keep using that. If previous owner was using the right oil weight of 5w30, good for you. If the previous owner, had been using incorrect oil weight for longer than a year or two eg 20w50, then just keep using the 20w50, cos if you use Mobil 1 in this instance, you are not only throwing money away, but your engine will show you balablu and bulaba

(1) (Reply)

Does Customs Now Allow Tokunbo Cars Upto 15years Old Into D Country / Faulty Oxygen Sensor And Trouble Codes / Stopping The Car Alarm For 2003 EOD

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 0
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.