Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,044 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost (78908 Views)

Re: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Fuel Savings / Fuel Subsidy: Convert Your Generator To LPG/CNG For Great Savings / Convert Your Generator To Lpg Generator 08166866515 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by crestedaguiyi: 3:13pm On Jun 12, 2023
I just ordered this kit today from alaba. It's less than 20k.

The use of lpg is far cheaper.

12.5kg of gas will run for more than 42 hrs.

25litrs of fuel will not give you 24hours on same gen.

This text has been done in Nnewi last week, the carburetor already has a dealer there who has large quantity in stock.

Ibo people, Una wan sabotage dangote

96 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:17pm On Jun 12, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

LPG results

Final results on 1kg, ₦650 test on LPG

Result was 3hours and 17mins

7 Likes

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by PJmania: 3:20pm On Jun 12, 2023
I am waiting for the result.
Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by money121(m): 3:31pm On Jun 12, 2023
Ok
Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:32pm On Jun 12, 2023
PMS (petrol ) test has commenced, using same load conditions and same carburettor.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by Manuella4ace: 3:35pm On Jun 12, 2023
GAZZUZZ:
PMS (petrol ) test has commenced, using same load conditions and same carburettor.

Awaiting results for me to decide
Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by pacino26(m): 3:42pm On Jun 12, 2023
GAZZUZZ:
Final results will be released in 1st blank post, but from our coalition centre these are the results coming in on IREV for the presidential results... grin

At this juncture I will be calling upon my witness from BVAS filling station, the gas no do shsssss grin

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by Badb0y4lyf(m): 3:47pm On Jun 12, 2023
It’s almost the same consumption at fuel 488L 2Hrs 38 min and LPG 3hrs17 minutes @650 kg
Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by nawaforyouo: 3:56pm On Jun 12, 2023
LPG gas is too expensive in Nigeria to make a difference

in saner climes, 1 Kg of LPG is around half the price of 1 litre of petrol

It might even be more expensive to run on LPG sef grin

Nigeria na nonsense abeg. All of us don enter am whether you like it or not tongue

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by Viktor1983(m): 3:57pm On Jun 12, 2023
crestedaguiyi:

12.5kg of gas will run for more than 120 hrs.

This text has been done in Nnewi last week, the carburetor already has a dealer there who has large quantity in stock.

how far ...go like call you oo
Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by excanny: 3:59pm On Jun 12, 2023
eghuan1:
Sorry to ask, is the price of LPG same as CNG? Because I was told at NIPCO gas that CNG is 110 Naira per KG.

Kindly confirm please

LNG will be more expensive as it is more compressed, so more work done and higher price.

I have a feeling that the cost of running CNG will almost be the same as current petrol price.

That deceptive APC government is simply using CNG propanganda to divert attention on the proper use of the replaced subsidy money

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by kingreign(m): 4:00pm On Jun 12, 2023
GAZZUZZ:
Final results will be released in 1st blank post, but from our coalition centre these are the results coming in on IREV for the presidential results... grin

Ellu o 77 grin
Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by excanny: 4:02pm On Jun 12, 2023
crestedaguiyi:

This one wan sell kits.

CNG is another APC scam. Dont fall for it.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by demolagilbert: 4:24pm On Jun 12, 2023
Badb0y4lyf:
It’s almost the same consumption at fuel 488L 2Hrs 38 min and LPG 3hrs17 minutes @650 kg
You're right. Nice one sha Gazzuzz. At least now folks can know what to expect and go for what works for them. At the current price point of both, it looks like a tie to me...although the lpg would be better for the environment.
MODIFIED: I can now see that the 2hr 38 was uploaded while the LPG test was still in progress, and the 3hrs 17 is the final score
Also, like someone pointed out, shouldn't CNG have been used in place of LPG?. Cos I know cars run on CNG wella, so gens should be able to as well, AND CNG is wayyyy cheaper. I think CNG should have been used, and that one makes financial sense big time.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by michlins(m): 4:37pm On Jun 12, 2023
crestedaguiyi:

who dey sell for Nnewi please. Nudez?

And please, can it work with my 3000 generator

6 Likes

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by WantsandMore: 4:51pm On Jun 12, 2023
What about compressed natural gas? Anyone done a test?
Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by 9icetoo(m): 5:08pm On Jun 12, 2023
kingreign:

You wan start vawulent talk, we go start Vawulence o!
No be everything be fight

I no wan make e be like our erections.

Na level playing ground I dey find. cheesy
Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:11pm On Jun 12, 2023
Results from all the 774 LG have been received and results will be published in 2nd post shortly.

Kindly disregard any results not obtained from the commission.

Signed

YK.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:23pm On Jun 12, 2023
GAZZUZZ:
In response to the removal of PMS subsidy.

I have installed an LPG/CNG carburettor that also works with PMS (petrol)

Kindly note

Fuel tank emptied via the supply hose .

Scale set to measure lpg as it is consumed in KG

1L of fuel measured out into a gallon and will be poured into gen.

Same amount of load will be applied in both instances .

Timer set to zero.

I will start with LPG.... Will run for 1KG and I will turn it off once it hits 1kg on the scale the
mark the time.

Next will be petrol PMS, it will also run for 1L then I will mark the amount of time it took before gen went off.

1kg of gas = ₦650 (June 12 2023)

1L of petrol = ₦500 (June 12 2023)

Let's start.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Modified summary

Total time of LPG - 197mins at #650/kg

= #3.3/min

Total time or petrol - 106 mins at #500/l

= #4.7/m

Another way of looking at it .

With Gas

By calculation

1kg of gas at 650naira per kg lasted 3.17hours (3hours 17mins)

How many kg of gas per hour
650/3.17= 205.

Cost per hour = ₦205

I.e ₦205 of gas lasted one hour

*With Petrol*

One liter at #500 lasted 1.46mins (one hour 46mins)

Cost per hour= 500/1.46 = ₦342

Conclusion LPG cheaper

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by kingreign(m): 5:30pm On Jun 12, 2023
grin cheesy
9icetoo:

No be everything be fight

I no wan make e be like our erections.

Na level playing ground I dey find. cheesy
Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by nex(m): 5:36pm On Jun 12, 2023
GAZZUZZ:
In response to the removal of PMS subsidy.

I have installed an LPG/CNG carburettor that also works with PMS (petrol)

Kindly note

Fuel tank emptied via the supply hose .

Scale set to measure lpg as it is consumed in KG

1L of fuel measured out into a gallon and will be poured into gen.

Same amount of load will be applied in both instances .

Timer set to zero.

I will start with LPG.... Will run for 1KG and I will turn it off once it hits 1kg on the scale the
mark the time.

Next will be petrol PMS, it will also run for 1L then I will mark the amount of time it took before gen went off.

1kg of gas = ₦650 (June 12 2023)

1L of petrol = ₦500 (June 12 2023)

Let's start.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good day my dear brother. I would like some clarification on how the gas is administered versus the petrol because the entire 1kg of gas may be fully exhausted and we'll measured, but the petrol, if poured into a completely empty tank, there may be some reserve fuel left in the tank which the generator may not be able to utilize before it goes off. How do we account for that.

14 Likes

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:44pm On Jun 12, 2023
nex:

Good day my dear brother. I would like some clarification on how the gas is administered versus the petrol because the entire 1kg of gas may be fully exhausted and we'll measured, but the petrol, if poured into a completely empty tank, there may be some reserve fuel left in the tank which the generator may not be able to utilize before it goes off. How do we account for that.

Good question.

I factored that consideration into my calculations by draining fuel from the carburettor supply line not by emptying the tank complete.

Approximately 1L of petrol was used in this experiment.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by ekkywolex(m): 5:47pm On Jun 12, 2023
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=123749363][/quote]

Awesome. Who has the kit for sale?
Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by Fabbyking: 5:48pm On Jun 12, 2023
That 1liter inside gallon is more than 1 liter at the station. That fuel fit reach 600 or 650

18 Likes

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by Nlanalyst: 6:19pm On Jun 12, 2023
This sincerely should be on frontpage.

Cc
Nlfpmod.

1 Like

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by PJmania: 7:09pm On Jun 12, 2023
What is the cost of converting?

1 Like

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by DesChyko: 7:15pm On Jun 12, 2023
Thank you GAZZUZZ.

3 Likes

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by magabounce(m): 7:22pm On Jun 12, 2023
But isn't this super risky?

2 Likes

Re: I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost by Anytask01: 7:24pm On Jun 12, 2023
I see

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Preorder Cars from Dubai: Prado, Hilux, Hiace, Benz, Coaster, Rolls-Royce... / ♒ ♒ Recover Your Lost/Stolen Custom Duty Documents Here ♒ / Vehicle Registration And Drivers Licence Processing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.