Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,803 members, 7,824,341 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Please Advise [converting Manual Transmission To Auto Trans.] - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Please Advise [converting Manual Transmission To Auto Trans.] (1385 Views)

Few Months Maintained MINI COOPER... (no Repairs)auto Trans,fine Leather. @1.65m / Help! - Car Refuses To Engage Reverse Or Drive Gear - Auto Trans / Converting Manual Transmission To Auto Transmission Is It Adviceable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise [converting Manual Transmission To Auto Trans.] by Arcayo: 8:11am On Oct 01, 2011
Is it advisable/possible to change a manual transmission 2003 toyota to Auto trans? and also what will one need to change apart from the gear box
Re: Please Advise [converting Manual Transmission To Auto Trans.] by femmy2010(m): 8:18am On Oct 01, 2011
I do rather sell my manual vehicle to buy an auto if that is what I like driving.
Re: Please Advise [converting Manual Transmission To Auto Trans.] by Arcayo: 8:43am On Oct 01, 2011
Thanks am posting these for a friend, i will tell him that
Re: Please Advise [converting Manual Transmission To Auto Trans.] by ambyzown(m): 12:29am On Oct 02, 2011
Its possible to convert, but I don't believe there are any qualified mechanics to do it properly here in Nigeria. The cost of such a swap will also be very high, making it a very uneconomical decision.
Re: Please Advise [converting Manual Transmission To Auto Trans.] by Arcayo: 9:32am On Oct 02, 2011
Thanks for the advise, the cost will be like how much?
Re: Please Advise [converting Manual Transmission To Auto Trans.] by Arcayo: 1:12pm On Oct 04, 2011
What if the transmission is change and also the brain box cos i dont there is any good mechanic that can reprogramme brain box in Nigeria,will that work PLEASE A PROFESSIONAL ADVISE
Re: Please Advise [converting Manual Transmission To Auto Trans.] by Ikenna351(m): 9:13pm On Oct 04, 2011
Its easier to convert auto to manual, than from manual to auto. if your friend prefer auto to manual, he should simply sell the car & look for auto tranny vehicle of his choice.

Every auto trans has ECU (electronic control unit: what Nigerians call "brain box"wink that controls it (except Peugeot 605 V6 auto trans that has no electronics or electric control). So there has to be some electric modifications for the auto tranny to work in a formerly manual tranny car.

Ikenna.
Re: Please Advise [converting Manual Transmission To Auto Trans.] by femmy2010(m): 9:27pm On Oct 04, 2011
Ikenna351:

Its easier to convert auto to manual, than from manual to auto. if your friend prefer auto to manual, he should simply sell the car & look for auto tranny vehicle of his choice.
Ikenna.

You said it all.
Re: Please Advise [converting Manual Transmission To Auto Trans.] by Arcayo: 10:50pm On Oct 04, 2011
Thanks, but what if the ECU is completely change to Auto's ECU the guy didnt care about the cost he just love the car and want to change it to automatic
Re: Please Advise [converting Manual Transmission To Auto Trans.] by Ikenna351(m): 11:07pm On Oct 04, 2011
Unless you are ready to do the harness transplant yourself, do not venture. Such conversion is better done with/from a donor car, so that all the auto tran harness, from the trans to the ecu, will be transfered to the car been converted. I dont see any of these rewires here competent to do such conversion here. Its not about cost, but competency. They will end up rendering the car immobile. He better stick with his manual till he buys another car or he loses the one he has without having another.

Ikenna.
Re: Please Advise [converting Manual Transmission To Auto Trans.] by Arcayo: 2:37pm On Oct 05, 2011
thanks for that. its really help

(1) (Reply)

o / Super Clean Executive Lexus Ls 230 - Thumb Cruise - Paddle Shifter - 08098508092 / Mint Tokumbo 2011 Avalon For Sale N5m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.