Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,430 members, 7,846,787 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Chef Dammy Has Completed Her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Chef Dammy Has Completed Her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon (40622 Views)

Adeyeye Adeola: Chef Deo Begins 150-Hour Cook-A-Thon To Break Guinness Records / Chef Dammy Surpasses Hilda Baci’s 100-Hour Cook-a-Thon Record / 120-hour Cookathon: Inspire Others With An Unwavering Spirit - Hilda To Dammy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chef Dammy Has Completed Her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon by hardbody: 2:04pm On Jun 14, 2023
Jeffy1206:
which yeye guidelines... She will be owing gwr some minutes after their calculations. 😅They took a whopping 7hrs from Hilda for just 1 minute violation. She cook and rest and off gas too. 😒😏

And even picked beans
Re: Chef Dammy Has Completed Her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon by Rubbiish(m): 2:08pm On Jun 14, 2023
hardbody:

Let us get the result from Guinness then. If she has broken a world record, we will congratulate her, until then, her effort is like Baci's own until she was recognized and until then, congratulations are not exactly in order.
You are trying to sound neutral, but still bittered. People never waited for GWR to officially certify Hilda before showing support, so far, the young chef effort is worthy of support. I see no reason people are taking this personal, there is no monetary value attached to this thing, the fame associated with it, I m very sure Hilda has already gotten it. So whether a thousand more chef participate in this won't take that fame from Hilda, the unnecessary hate is totally uncalled for. After her, a lot more should compete for it. GWR is not meant for one person.
Re: Chef Dammy Has Completed Her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon by Zane2point4(m): 2:13pm On Jun 14, 2023
CharleyBright:
Winch girl.
Anyone that is envying, coveting and planning to downplay my efforts, and says I will not enjoy the fruit of my labour, holy ghost fire!!!

This cooking record has been unchallenged and undefeated for years, But immediately Hilda Baci made attempt to break it, one winch girl pretending to be churchy is enviously coming to deprive Hilda of her labour.
Is there no other record to be broken?
Even God is not happy with such covetousness.
How about Nigerians focusing on breaking other records so that only Nigerians will be record holders in many spheres?
It is the record that her fellow Nigerian broke that hungry her to break.
Evil Ekiti girl.

May Guinness Book of Record not recognize Dammy, in Jesus name.

Thats how many ppl behave!
Open a particular business somewhere that anyone hvnt tot of opening, suddenly you’ll see 100 of that business opening,at the end they’ll cast it and everyone will go hungry!
Re: Chef Dammy Has Completed Her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon by thesicilian: 2:16pm On Jun 14, 2023
Rubbiish:

You are just being sentimental!
Records are meant to be broken, regardless of region. Will u say because your neighbor studied medicine, u won't study medicine when u have interest in it? She might have gotten her inspiration from Hilda & there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Hilda also broke some one's record & a lot more people will continue to break it after this lady. Any of Hilda or dammy won't be the last to break it. Please stop the unnecessary hate. She has done absolutely nothing wrong.
Of course I'm being sentimental. It's all about sentiments. Objectively she's done nothing wrong. But then again, all things are lawful, but not all things are expedient
Re: Chef Dammy Has Completed Her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon by CyracksMrBlogger(m): 2:26pm On Jun 14, 2023
OloYeOfEgbE:
Mumu girl..and a copy cat. Ignorant people say you will win. WIN WHAT..they haven't explained

I REPEAT INDIANS COULD BREAK THAT RECORD THAT AN INDIAN WAS HOLDING. GUESS WHAT THEY DIDNT BECAUSE THE RECORD WAS IN INDIA.

THIS LEAN THING DIDNT EVEN ALLOW THE BACI GIRL COLLECT HER LAURELS ATLEAST FIRST FIRST..SHE COULDNT DO LONGEST BAKING OR FRYING..SHE JUST WANT EXPOSE PEPPER GANG LAS LAS

OLYMPICS NA COUNTRY DOINGS NOT STATES INSIDE A COUNTRY..NA SO WORLD CUP BE.
just like Obi couldn't wait for Tinubu to collect his certificate of return before going to court. So it is the Nigerian thing, don't blame her.

1 Like

Re: Chef Dammy Has Completed Her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon by hardbody: 2:28pm On Jun 14, 2023
Rubbiish:

You are trying to sound neutral, but still bittered. People never waited for GWR to officially certify Hilda before showing support, so far, the young chef effort is worthy of support. I see no reason people are taking this personal, there is no monetary value attached to this thing, the fame associated with it, I m very sure Hilda has already gotten it. So whether a thousand more chef participate in this won't take that fame from Hilda, the unnecessary hate is totally uncalled for. After her, a lot more should compete for it. GWR is not meant for one person.

I am restraining myself from really sounding angry at your stewpidity because I really am. Embittered over what and why? Go and get busy little brat. I am done having this conversation. People like you lack the ability to reason rationally and no matter how this is broken down, you will NEVER understand it. So dwell with your wisdom

Like seriously what is wrong with waiting for the result on Baci's to be announced before she starts off on her challenge? Doesn't it mean anything to you that as a country you guys are so disconnected that you don't know that she should have waited for the first result to be announced before she starts contesting it? Do you have any brains at all?
Re: Chef Dammy Has Completed Her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon by UptownVibes(m): 2:33pm On Jun 14, 2023
finallybusy:
In the next two years, we won't recognize her. Yahoo boys and politicians will change her life. I hope her will is strong in serving the Lord because temptations abound the road she'll ply.
This is the new big brother niaja cheesy Where are the guys,we need to start cooking too. GBR go hear am hot for Nigerians hand for this thing when Hilda startd cheesy

1 Like

Re: Chef Dammy Has Completed Her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon by SIRTee15: 2:34pm On Jun 14, 2023
OloYeOfEgbE:
Mumu girl..and a copy cat. Ignorant people say you will win. WIN WHAT..they haven't explained

I REPEAT INDIANS COULD BREAK THAT RECORD THAT AN INDIAN WAS HOLDING. GUESS WHAT THEY DIDNT BECAUSE THE RECORD WAS IN INDIA.

THIS LEAN THING DIDNT EVEN ALLOW THE BACI GIRL COLLECT HER LAURELS ATLEAST FIRST FIRST..SHE COULDNT DO LONGEST BAKING OR FRYING..SHE JUST WANT EXPOSE PEPPER GANG LAS LAS

No need insulting her, just make your point without body shaming.
Besides she broke all the rules of the record so she achieved nothing. Only her fans are hyping her.
Re: Chef Dammy Has Completed Her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon by Uchesis: 2:35pm On Jun 14, 2023
madridguy:
Fine here also. I hope you're seeing Jagaban magic hand doing wonders grin

Yes o. Infact eh, i can now disappear from my house to work without paying a dime. Thank you Tinubu
Re: Chef Dammy Has Completed Her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon by Alliswell248: 2:36pm On Jun 14, 2023
Buddha3:

As expected, your faulty brain just quickly assumed I'm Igbo. You lots on nairaland are pathetic.

Sore loser, bitter soul , and empty barrel.
Re: Chef Dammy Has Completed Her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon by SIRTee15: 2:36pm On Jun 14, 2023
beautyhd:
I have tried to understand her reasons for embarking on such below the par performance after the superb one Hilda graced our eyes with.

Peradventure, GWR decides to review her cooking, only God knows the number of hours they will leave her with.

Girl was practically sleeping when we slept and the time was reading as well.

Congratulations to her for the fame she has achieved
U mean she didn't pause the clock when she went to sleep.
Re: Chef Dammy Has Completed Her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon by benqo01(m): 2:37pm On Jun 14, 2023
thesicilian:

She should go and sit down somewhere. The record that has been on ground for years, as soon as her fellow Nigerian breaks it that is the particular one she wants to go for. Of all the hundreds of thousands of records to attempt! The one who broke the record has not even received the official award yet and you're already trying to topple her. Just like that employee that would secretly go and try convince the boss that she deserves a promotion more than a fellow co-worker, instead of just applying for her own promotion.

GWR HAD TO DEDUCT 7HOURS FROM HILDAS 100HRS COS SHE RESTED FOR JUST A MIN

I WONDER HOW MANY HOURS WILL BE DEDUCTED FROM HERS COS SHE DIDNT COOK THROUGHOUT D NIGHT SHE EVEN PUT OFF D GAS TO PICK BEANS

SERIOUSLY I DONT JUST UNDERSTAND IF IT BY FORCE TO TRY SAME THINGS AND SHE DIDNT EVEN PREPARE WELL
Re: Chef Dammy Has Completed Her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:39pm On Jun 14, 2023
hardbody:

You guys are so parochial in your thinking that I struggle to think of what strand of thread brought your likes together with me.
Get this straight:

1. I did not support anyone, Hilda or whomsoever you call her.
2. I am aware there was a cooking thingy to try and get a new world record somewhere
3. There was a buzz around it and until yesterday I did not hear that Guinness World record recognized her cooking effort
4. Following that recognition, her period started counting. So your candidate can actually start trying to erase the Nigerian record from yesterday not a day earlier. It is called sequencing.
5. It smacks of unseriousness for anyone to start erasing a world record which had not even been recognized.
6. Assuming Baci's record was not recognized by the Guinness records, who would have been the girl's competition, I guess the Indian? Which is perfectly ok
7. Did she just wake up to recognizing that such a record existed and was open to be erased? What would anyone lose waiting for Guinness to even recognize one record first before commencing another charade.
8. Has it ever crossed your mind the picture you as a people are creating in the mind of right thinking members of the global community?
This is simple logical reasoning but in your small world every damn thing has to go down as tribal.
I reject your type in my world.

you people make NO DAMN SENSE!! anyone should aim for their dreams, regardless of what you or anyone believes. if someone tells me they are the best at something i fully well know i am better, then i will make sure i show them that i am the best, not them. whats the big deal? records are broken everyday. why would you want someone who aint the best, to be called the best?

there is absolutely NO LOGIC in your above points:
A) Guinness records are not the property of ANYONE. any person who thinks they are better, can challenge any record, AT ANY TIME..
B) just because a record is held by a Nigerian citizen, does NOT mean no Nigerian can challenge it
C) these records are all about being better than others.... expecting someone better NOT to challenge a record is absurd.
D) get your misplaced sentiments aside....as they are irrelevant to the issue at hand. this is the backward mindset that any human being should vehemently reject!
Re: Chef Dammy Has Completed Her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon by Ojady(m): 2:42pm On Jun 14, 2023
On one side you have Pro-Hilda who are mostly non-westerners, on the other side, you have pro-Dammy who as we all know are Omoluabis (only that e be like say Igbos don teach una how to dey beat chest like them grin) either way, Hilda?we know... Dami? we don know am... - you wey you dey take sides... who sabi you? Pls make una go mind una business
Re: Chef Dammy Has Completed Her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon by Lacash: 2:44pm On Jun 14, 2023
post=123780795:
Breaking :

Chef Dammy just completed her 120 hour cook-ha-thon. Congratulations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfKK3omugu4
Records are meant to be set, records are meant to be broken….Congratulations to u Chef Dammy🙏

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chef Dammy Has Completed Her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon by hardbody: 2:46pm On Jun 14, 2023
[quote author=MrBrownJay1 post=123792247]

you people make NO DAMN SENSE!! anyone should aim for their dreams, regardless of what you or anyone believes. if someone tells me they are the best at something i fully well know i am better, then i will make sure i show them that i am the best, not them. whats the big deal? records are broken everyday. why would you want someone who aint the best, to be called the best?

there is absolutely NO LOGIC in your above points:
A) Guinness records are not the property of ANYONE. any person who thinks they are better, can challenge any record, AT ANY TIME..
[b]B) just because a record is held by a Nigerian citizen, does NOT mean no Nigerian can challenge it
C) these records are all about being better than others.... expecting someone better NOT to challenge a record is absurd.
D) get your misplaced sentiments aside....as they are irrelevant to the issue at hand. this is the backward mindset that any human being should vehemently reject![[/b]/quote]

The above is why I think you are a DOLT.

Was she challenging the Indian record when she commenced her cooking? Baci's record only came through yesterday so as at the time she commenced her cooking charade, it was an Indian record that was existing and there is nothing saying she couldn't challenge that. Logic no be your mate.
Re: Chef Dammy Has Completed Her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon by Banter1(m): 2:48pm On Jun 14, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

so let me get this straight.... you are saying that, because sista Hilda went for the record and got it, NO NIGERIAN person should ever try it again (even if they are obviously better than her, like the above chef)?!?

are you people for real?!?
No dude. She could have just take a chill pills laughs, and wait for her to be verified before she embark on her own record breaking. She's wrong and how will you feel if someone try to take your shine away from you? Reason am now
Re: Chef Dammy Has Completed Her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon by hardbody: 2:51pm On Jun 14, 2023
Ojady:
On one side you have Pro-Hilda who are mostly non-westerners, on the other side, you have pro-Dammy who as we all know are Omoluabis (only that e be like say Igbos don teach una how to dey beat chest like them grin) either way, Hilda?we know... Dami? we don know am... - you wey you dey take sides... who sabi you? Pls make una go mind una business

Funniest thing is some of us are trying to explain why the challenge should not even have started just yesterday (after Hilda must have been confirmed) and this is nothing to do with West , South or East. It is basically about sequencing. You don't challenge what is not existing. Hilda's position was only confirmed yesterday meanwhile someone supposedly started working to beat the record before it was even validated. How can some people refuse to just reason? It now a good time to start cooking to erase the record because has now been validated.
Re: Chef Dammy Has Completed Her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 2:52pm On Jun 14, 2023
Enemy of progesss 😁
OloYeOfEgbE:

Re: Chef Dammy Has Completed Her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:52pm On Jun 14, 2023
hardbody:
Was she challenging the Indian record when she commenced her cooking? Baci's record only came through yesterday so as at the time she commenced her cooking charade, it was an Indian record that was existing and there is nothing saying she couldn't challenge that. Logic no be your mate.

A) she was challenging the cooking record and/or whoever held it, DUH!!!
B) the confirmation of Baci's record is irrelevant to people going after this challenge, especially if they know they will beat any record. DUH!!!
C) put your misplaced sentiments aside, as it makes you sound bitter because someone is better than your idol. DUH!!!
Re: Chef Dammy Has Completed Her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon by amber222(f): 2:56pm On Jun 14, 2023
The sky is big enough for all to fly. Why criticizing her? Just becos somebody try something,another person shouldn't make attempt again. You want to tell me now that because Samsung design a product,another brand shouldn't make a better design than Samsung. Even you too can later decide to break her record if you want. Its high time we start appreciating ourselves in ds country.
thesicilian:

She should go and sit down somewhere. The record that has been on ground for years, as soon as her fellow Nigerian breaks it that is the particular one she wants to go for. Of all the hundreds of thousands of records to attempt! The one who broke the record has not even received the official award yet and you're already trying to topple her. Just like that employee that would secretly go and try convince the boss that she deserves a promotion more than a fellow co-worker, instead of just applying for her own promotion.
Re: Chef Dammy Has Completed Her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:57pm On Jun 14, 2023
Banter1:
No dude. She could have just take a chill pills laughs, and wait for her to be verified before she embark on her own record breaking. She's wrong and how will you feel if someone try to take your shine away from you? Reason am now

again, thats your misplaced sentiments talking.... NOBODY OWES ANYTHING TO BACI NOR THAT INDIAN CHEF. if someone think they are better then let them challenge that record whenever they see fit. nothing in the Guinness rules says that people must wait for a record to be validated before challenging it (especially when we all know that it takes a few weeks before Guinness confirm a record).

if i pretend to be the best at something and someone BETTER shatters/breaks my record then i will get back on my grind and better myself, rather than cry because someone (obviously better than me) didnt allow me to bathe in my fake glory!
Re: Chef Dammy Has Completed Her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon by Padipadi: 2:57pm On Jun 14, 2023
OloYeOfEgbE:

The most important thing is that you have been captured and forced to change religion after been enslaved by Christian missionaries..

That's double enslavement..wahala no dey finish..

See Almighty alaafin as dem roll am like gala ontop religion because your tradition has been conquered.. hahahahahaha
You are ignored like a plague. You banters are watery. You mocked agbo sellers. Women diligently selling local drinks that you are mocking. It's how's your low IQ.
You posted Awo posing with kids while some were naked. Should you be reminded of your primitive life and region?
As at 2006, Okija was still practicing barbaric killings.
Now you posted Muslims burying each other. Is that not an aberration in your brain?
You are of no value to humanity and not worth exchanging banters with.
Carry sniper, drink and exit.

Re: Chef Dammy Has Completed Her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon by alobright17(m): 3:00pm On Jun 14, 2023
Hotice085:

Agbero you still think Tinubu is the president, you think you will use INEC style to get the oloribuku gal to America, thunder fire you
I knew you won’t stay long before you’ll start dishing out curses and insults as a serial loser that you’re.

Mr USA visa issuer , the same USA has congratulated and sent delegates to Tinubu inauguration. Your rants and wailings never stopped anything.

The next institution you’re going to face now is Supreme Court after they finally nail you and Obi’s coffin

Before then the innocent and hardworking record breaking lady must have gone to the USA and come back.
Re: Chef Dammy Has Completed Her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon by Baatunde(m): 3:07pm On Jun 14, 2023
You are just raking for nothing, what is your evidence that there are Indians who could break the record but they decide not to? Do you know how much the likes of Yohan Blake strove to beat Usain Bolt each time they go for competition despite both competing for the same country?

Athletics is a very good example for this situation, and by your argument if there are 8 Heats for the 200m Men event and at the first heat one major athlete set a new world record (because that has been his main target since entering for the competition), na him be say make the other sprinters (especially those from his country) in other heats try not to spoil show for am and slow down so that he can enjoy his new record?..... Is that what we are saying,

OloYeOfEgbE:

Re: Chef Dammy Has Completed Her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon by alobright17(m): 3:07pm On Jun 14, 2023
OloYeOfEgbE:

Dey play...

She is popular ehen..maybe in Ekiti

I've been to the US..

NEXT

So the comment you’re making about her is in Ekiti ? What else is popularity? No popular blog ,newspaper, Tv Radio e.t.c in at least Nigeria never mentioned her .

You’re announcing your USA travel ,while hers will be announced on all social media platforms . Both you haters and lovers will still read about her .

You can’t stop her shine with your hate.
Re: Chef Dammy Has Completed Her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon by Guestlander: 3:10pm On Jun 14, 2023
Zane2point4:

Thats how many ppl behave!
Open a particular business somewhere that anyone hvnt tot of opening, suddenly you’ll see 100 of that business opening,at the end they’ll cast it and everyone will go hungry!

What is wrong about this? You opened a particular business and others shouldn't because you give them the money you make from your business?
Why do people like you think in a warped way?
Someone climbed mount everest first, others have been doing it ever since even in the face of fatal consequences.
Our parents told us the sky is wide enough for birds to fly without collision. Ekiti babe doesn't owe Hilda anything, she is free to pursue whatever dreams she wants to pursue.
The problem with folks like you is hate, pure and simple.

1 Like

Re: Chef Dammy Has Completed Her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon by BATified2023: 3:14pm On Jun 14, 2023
OloYeOfEgbE:

y e come dey pain u igbos like this?
Re: Chef Dammy Has Completed Her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon by BATified2023: 3:14pm On Jun 14, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
i really dont understand why people are mad at this girl.... as if she owe anyone anything. anyone who think they can do better than sista Hilda, then let them try. no big deal! why shouldnt she show the whole world that she is better than somebody?!

CONGRATS TO THIS LADY JOR!
na igbos carry d matter for head, dem don turn am to igbo vs Yoruba thing cos they have forgotten records are meant to b broken
Re: Chef Dammy Has Completed Her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon by Kion: 3:20pm On Jun 14, 2023
I don’t rate her, she should get out
Re: Chef Dammy Has Completed Her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon by Baatunde(m): 3:22pm On Jun 14, 2023
But even HIlda is not Ibo now..... I hate to generalise but if you have read the comments of some people it seems there is a perpetual hatred of Yorubas and anything to do with Yoruba and it is very difficult not to pick the ethnic coloration in this particular matter...habe on top record wey no carry money for head

BATified2023:
na igbos carry d matter for head, dem don turn am to igbo vs Yoruba thing cos they have forgotten records are meant to b broken
Re: Chef Dammy Has Completed Her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 3:23pm On Jun 14, 2023
Congrats to her once again, she tried.

Now it's left for GWR to either qualify her or disqualify her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

5 Weird Animals Nigerians Eat / Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) / See The Food Items A Lady Bought For 300k In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.