Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,801 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

Please Is This Training Fee Too Much For Cybersecurity? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Is This Training Fee Too Much For Cybersecurity? (1205 Views)

Should I Go For Cybersecurity Or Computer Science? / Xmas Awoof: IIHT 70% Off Training Fee Plus Gift / Start Dropshiping Business With This Training Course Worth $997 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Is This Training Fee Too Much For Cybersecurity? by Ernesttoby30: 7:25pm On Jun 15, 2023
Good day to the Tech Gurus.

I'm a salary earner who resides in Lagos. After realising that I'm living from hand to mouth cos my salary is not much, i thought of investing in my self by learning any Tech skill(s). I've chosen to go for cybersecurity and I've started making research of any training centre on mainland.

I came across one in Ikeja, but i want to know if the training fee is okay or it's expensive as the are calling 300k. Mind you, I've not gotten laptop yet and that will take about 200k from me.

I don't have much with me so I'm trying to see if anyone know how i can get the skill cheaper than this. Thanks

Re: Please Is This Training Fee Too Much For Cybersecurity? by VeryWickedMan: 7:30pm On Jun 15, 2023
You no wan spend 300k for course but you want 300k+ salary job.

Alaroro.

4 Likes

Re: Please Is This Training Fee Too Much For Cybersecurity? by Solanaa: 7:36pm On Jun 15, 2023
Ernesttoby30:

I'm a salary earner who resides in Lagos. After realising that I'm living from hand to mouth cos my salary is not much, i thought of investing in my self by learning any Tech skill(s). I've chosen to go for cybersecurity and I've started making research of any training centre on mainland.

I came across one in Ikeja, but i want to know if the training fee is okay or it's expensive as the are calling 300k. Mind you, I've not gotten laptop yet and that will take about 200k from me.

I don't have much with me so I'm trying to see if anyone know how i can get the skill cheaper than this. Thanks

Invest what you can afford to lose, There was one I even saw that said $1500 for the training. And it's even virtually. Omo Make I dey use my free Youtube or cheaper Udemy/cousera for now.

I'd advise you get a PC first then learn on your own, atleast for a month before going ahead to pay for a course

3 Likes

Re: Please Is This Training Fee Too Much For Cybersecurity? by clintz(m): 7:45pm On Jun 15, 2023
Ernesttoby30:

Fine similar training on youtube for free and devote time to learning.
Re: Please Is This Training Fee Too Much For Cybersecurity? by code101: 7:46pm On Jun 15, 2023
My advice is simple, getting an entry job in cyber security is difficult... To me, the best thing is to learn programming or web development, after years of practice it would be easier to now specialize in cyber security. So buy laptop and learn using some free online resource....

1 Like

Re: Please Is This Training Fee Too Much For Cybersecurity? by jackmrandy: 8:13pm On Jun 15, 2023
300k for cyber security, na how many years they wan take teach you. If it's less than a year, don't do it. Use that money get yourself a laptop, download contents from YouTube. Download books, start it yourself. If you are really keen on Learning, you will even teach the person that wants to teach you after doing this thing i just told you.

2 Likes

Re: Please Is This Training Fee Too Much For Cybersecurity? by Risis: 8:14pm On Jun 15, 2023
grin
Re: Please Is This Training Fee Too Much For Cybersecurity? by Ernesttoby30: 8:22pm On Jun 15, 2023
Solanaa:

Invest what you can afford to lose, There was one I even saw that said $1500 for the training. And it's even virtually. Omo Make I dey use my free Youtube or cheaper Udemy/cousera for now.

I'd advise you get a PC first then learn on your own, atleast for a month before going ahead to pay for a course

I appreciate your advice bro. But i will need a mentor. Someone i can asked question whenever I'm finding difficulties
Re: Please Is This Training Fee Too Much For Cybersecurity? by Ernesttoby30: 8:24pm On Jun 15, 2023
clintz:

Fine similar training on youtube for free and devote time to learning.

No problem bro
Re: Please Is This Training Fee Too Much For Cybersecurity? by Darammliveth(m): 8:44pm On Jun 15, 2023
Ernesttoby30:

I appreciate your advice bro. But i will need a mentor. Someone i can asked question whenever I'm finding difficulties

Is it physical class or online training?
Re: Please Is This Training Fee Too Much For Cybersecurity? by Ernesttoby30: 10:03pm On Jun 15, 2023
Darammliveth:

Is it physical class or online training?

Physical class
Re: Please Is This Training Fee Too Much For Cybersecurity? by Darammliveth(m): 7:02am On Jun 16, 2023
Ernesttoby30:

Physical class

If it is physical class I think the fee is not too much then. Because with physical class you can ask questions anyhow you like.
Re: Please Is This Training Fee Too Much For Cybersecurity? by Yungbliss(m): 7:03am On Jun 16, 2023
Ernesttoby30:

We are in the same shoe.
Even the 300k is cheap compared to 640k Aptech is charging.

This is the advice I just got. I should learn programming first, then move to cyber security, because cyber security is not an entry level tech skill. They will need years of experience before they employ you. Even as it is in-demand, they employ anyhow.

Re: Please Is This Training Fee Too Much For Cybersecurity? by Yungbliss(m): 7:06am On Jun 16, 2023
Ernesttoby30:

We are in the same shoe.
Even the 300k is cheap compared to 640k Aptech is charging.

This is the advice I just got. I should learn programming first, then move to cyber security, because cyber security is not an entry level tech skill. They will need years of experience before they employ you. Even as it is in-demand, they employ anyhow.

I discovered one. Most things they will teach you are on internet including YouTube and Coursera. The only problem is guidelines, in which if you have someone that can help you out, you are good to go

Re: Please Is This Training Fee Too Much For Cybersecurity? by Victor1014(m): 7:09am On Jun 16, 2023
[quote author=Yungbliss post=123827695][/quote]
Re: Please Is This Training Fee Too Much For Cybersecurity? by Yungbliss(m): 7:10am On Jun 16, 2023
Victor1014:

I know of an app that is where I’m learning now
You can text me on WhatsApp ‪0906 173 5039‬

Ok.
Re: Please Is This Training Fee Too Much For Cybersecurity? by emoboy4u: 9:00am On Jun 16, 2023
How did you reach the conclusion the Cybersecurity is the best thing for you? what is your educational background? is what you do now related (Service desk, IP, IT, Network Engineer) to Cybersecurity ? What are your expectations? How long do you plan to learn? Are there any firms you are looking at interning? what would you do if you don't get a job ? do you have backup plans?

If you are doing this for quick money, it would be better you learn graphic design.

Good luck bro.

1 Like

Re: Please Is This Training Fee Too Much For Cybersecurity? by jesmond3945: 12:18pm On Jun 16, 2023
Ernesttoby30:

i will advise you learn software engr with java or python. Cybersecurity is highly specialized. You would still need certifications and years of practice to get a shot.
Re: Please Is This Training Fee Too Much For Cybersecurity? by LikeAking: 4:02pm On Jun 16, 2023
jesmond3945:
i will advise you learn software engr with java or python. Cybersecurity is highly specialized. You would still need certifications and years of practice to get a shot.

Dem go green..

Person wey no Sabi code one do cyber security.
Re: Please Is This Training Fee Too Much For Cybersecurity? by jesmond3945: 5:19pm On Jun 16, 2023
LikeAking:

Dem go green..

Person wey no Sabi code one do cyber security.

lol
Re: Please Is This Training Fee Too Much For Cybersecurity? by CodingSoft: 11:24pm On Jun 16, 2023
Ernesttoby30:

If the course is a minimum of six months intensive with real life work experience then fine, but not in two months as on their advert

1 Like

Re: Please Is This Training Fee Too Much For Cybersecurity? by stanliwise(m): 12:24am On Jun 19, 2023
Ernesttoby30:

I don’t think you will learn much in 2 months but you can it if you don’t mind. And btw it’s not the money, it’s what you will learn
Re: Please Is This Training Fee Too Much For Cybersecurity? by Mikedel80: 8:00am On Jun 19, 2023
jackmrandy:
300k for cyber security, na how many years they wan take teach you. If it's less than a year, don't do it. Use that money get yourself a laptop, download contents from YouTube. Download books, start it yourself. If you are really keen on Learning, you will even teach the person that wants to teach you after doing this thing i just told you.
Wow. What an inspiration!
Re: Please Is This Training Fee Too Much For Cybersecurity? by MindHacker9009(m): 5:37am On Jun 20, 2023
CodingSoft:

If the course is a minimum of six months intensive with real life work experience then fine, but not in two months as on their advert

(1) (Reply)

Can You Write In System Language / Recovery Tool / Sql*plus On Oracle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.