Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,694 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

I Stood Up To My Father - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Stood Up To My Father (27964 Views)

How Many Women Here Can Boldly Say, I Stood By Husband When He Had Nothing? / Is That Love? Man Stood Up The Whole 6 Hours So His Wife Could Sleep. PHOTOS / My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Stood Up To My Father by Pipefitter: 8:08pm On Jun 16, 2023
NamelessOGBENI:

One thing sure me, that man (his dad) will see through thick and thin to pay the next rent. He's a man after all, we can't stomach disrespect from others.

I'm telling you. Just because he managed to pay for a year he feels he can disrespect someone that has fed, sheltered, protected and clothed him for 18yrs...
Re: I Stood Up To My Father by franchasofficia: 8:18pm On Jun 16, 2023
DamianDd:
From a man your age this is totally wrong, I'm asking for corrections because what I did was wrong. Are mistakes a sin as well or is corrections not accepted in African traditions. If you think I was prideful and evil the way you have portrayed me in your prayers now would I ever come here to ask for opinions. Regardless of your age what you've done is wrong in all levels, I'm not a devil neither did I kill anybody

Sorry if I sounded harsh, maybe because of how you narrated the story.

But please and please go back to your dad and apologize to him sincerely from the depth of your heart and ask him to forgive you that you promise not to act in such manner again.

As children we must respect our parents because they are our second God here on earth.

Obedient to your father will prolong your life here on earth and it also helps a child to prosper.

Respect and obedience to your father is a must not optional whether he is rich, poor or average you must respect and obey your father because it is God that placed him in the position of being your father and you can never get or have another father.

Once again, I am sorry if my words caused you pains, I sincerely apologize.
Re: I Stood Up To My Father by osmosis101(m): 8:24pm On Jun 16, 2023
Get ur place, e no concern anybody even if u no sleep house for 3weeks...u will understand well when u get a woman and pikin
Re: I Stood Up To My Father by DamianDd: 8:29pm On Jun 16, 2023
Drone95:
Op u no add say u drank satchet action bitters? grin

I don't drink, don't smoke, don't do drugs and don't eat cola

These are rules my dad instilled me when I was young and I would do the same for kins and make it a generational rule in our lineage.

My generations high IQ is my top priority to make the most compitent seeds and raise compitent men. If I smoke and drink it will reduce that IQ and I don't want to think like majority of Nigerians

1 Like

Re: I Stood Up To My Father by DamianDd: 8:35pm On Jun 16, 2023
franchasofficia:
Sorry if I sounded harsh, maybe because of how you narrated the story.

But please and please go back to your dad and apologize to him sincerely from the depth of your heart and ask him to forgive you that you promise not to act in such manner again.

As children we must respect our parents because they are our second God here on earth.

Obedient to your father will prolong your life here on earth and it also helps a child to prosper.

Respect and obedience to your father is a must not optional whether he is rich, poor or average you must respect and obey your father because it is God that placed him in the position of being your father and you can never get or have another father.

Once again, I am sorry if my words caused you pains, I sincerely apologize.

I'd do that, my dad's my main man. Love him too much to put him down that way, he treats me like a man and is happy how I've grown at my age. His happiness is my top priority as well my family. People in this thread think I'm like the rest boys these days.... Young, silly, childish, smokers, druggists and irresponsible.

Truth is I don't like these things, I guide my mind and my heart from the vices of the current world because I'm fully aware it's a evil time to live in. My focus are my goals, becoming the best version of myself, growing mentally, spiritually, physically as a person. Becoming a true man is what I'm after so that's why I'm open to advises.

I will apologize, thanks alot 🏆

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Stood Up To My Father by franchasofficia: 9:03pm On Jun 16, 2023
DamianDd:

I'd do that, my dad's my main man. Love him too much to put him down that way, he treats me like a man and is happy how I've grown at my age. His happiness is my top priority as well my family. People in this thread think I'm like the rest boys these days.... Young, silly, childish, smokers, druggists and irresponsible.

Truth is I don't like these things, I guide my mind and my heart from the vices of the current world because I'm fully aware it's a evil time to live in. My focus are my goals, becoming the best version of myself, growing mentally, spiritually, physically as a person. Becoming a true man is what I'm after so that's why I'm open to advises.

I will apologize, thanks alot 🏆
I wish you all the best and may the good Lord guide you always
Re: I Stood Up To My Father by DonEd(m): 9:09pm On Jun 16, 2023
BinamRex:

The poster is a bombastic element. He should keep on keeping late nights until SARS arrests him at night and falsely accuse him of being a kidnapper, then kill him and harvest his organs.

He thinks he can become a man in a hurry. There are a lot of factors that builds up a boy to become a man, little opportunities doesn't make a boy a man, it's the travails that males go through that makes them men.

Let him continue

1 Like

Re: I Stood Up To My Father by thecommunist(m): 9:13pm On Jun 16, 2023
YOU NEED TO GO BACK AND APOLOGISE TO YOUR FATHER.
YOU ARE YOUNG AND HAVE YOUR OPINION, HE IS OLD SCHOOL AND HAS HIS OPINIONS TOO. YOU HAVING MONEY AND PAYING THE RENT DOES NOT INVALIDATES HIS OPINION EVEN IF YOU DONT AGREE WITH IT. DONT FORGET THAT WHEN YOU WERE A CHILD, HE PAID THE RENT FOR YOU TO LIVE IN HIS HOUSE TOO, HE SENT YOU TO SCHOOL, LOVED AND TOOK CARE OF YOU AS A FATHER SHOULD, ONLY GOD KNOW HOW MUCH THE MAN MUST HAVE SACRIFICED TO GET YOU WHERE YOU ARE TODAY. MIND YOU, SACRIFICE MAY NOT BE ONLY ON MATERIAL THINGS.
YOU REALLY HURT THE MAN. NEXT TIME, LEARN TO TAKE IT COOL AND THINK DEEPLY BEFORE YOU TALK.
ALSO BEG HIM NOT TO STOP CORRECTING YOU. LET HIM UNDERSTAND THAT YOU DONT MEAN TO INSULT HIM.
Re: I Stood Up To My Father by Goldmaxx(f): 9:20pm On Jun 16, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

For coming back late, and challenging the father?

An 18yr old in Nigeria is different from an 18yr old in the West.

If you believe that's what it takes to be a real man, then you're a mad man
Authoritarianism isn't democracy.
We are in a progressive world.
Re: I Stood Up To My Father by DIntegrity: 10:05pm On Jun 16, 2023
You have a good conscience that's why you felt bad... I understand.
People make mistakes sometimes and from what I read your outburst is not really out of disrespect but tied to the fact those things he said was affecting your mind and you couldn't bear.
Your father is just acting out his level of mental transformation... it's fine. That's why you're there, to be better. So don't be hard oh him.
Imagine you had children that surpass you in ideology and turn it to disrespect.

Handle him with wisdom

Paying for rent is something you should be happy about...it shows you're able to take on certain responsibilities from him as a son. It's progress and I celebrate you.

Nevertheless, go to him as a father and just apologize except you really have ego and that's not a good thing. Saying sorry when necessary doesn't hurt, it shows you're a person of character and humble but let him know that you know you didn't do well returning that late and you'd work on it but he should stop using certain words and talking about how other perceive you because you don't really like it.

80% of issues longer because people don't want to communicate.
I trust you'll do the right thing.
From what I see you're a good man!
Kudos!
Re: I Stood Up To My Father by DrDunamis(m): 11:54pm On Jun 16, 2023
descarado:

Are you afraid of death?
Why will he apologise?
Cos he is the father.
We keep on allowing parents box us into corners and see that as acceptable.
It is not.
Parents ought to know their limit.
Heck, my parents never boxed me into corners neither will I do that to my kids.
He came late and apologised.
This man will push him into the hands of what he was afraid of.
He the father should apologise.
Oh, we live in a country where parents never apologise.
Mine always apologise cos nobody is above mistake.
I apologise to my kids.

In fact, I don't hesitate to apologise for the littlest thing.
That is how it should be.
Parents act like mini God in Nigeria. So entitled.

Long had the scriptures spoken about those who would be disobedient to parents and all.
I really wish what I just read is a joke though
Re: I Stood Up To My Father by Spiff20(m): 11:56am On Jun 17, 2023
Op thank God for the kind of Dad you have. Mine would have killed you already and you won't probably be here typing with guts. Because you're 18 you and you helped to pay rent you feel you have arrived. If I'm your dad I'll hustle and give you back the rent, then chase you out of the house. Go live on your own terms. One day you'll need a father. Rubbish. All these kids. Lucky chaps.
Re: I Stood Up To My Father by Originalsly: 12:17pm On Jun 17, 2023
I'm sure he agreed with your response... and received it in good faith ...but to mention you paid for the house was crossing the line. The message he received from that was " I paid for this house and therefore nobody should be telling me what I should do or not do ... including you Dad ... the reason he replied he will say no more until he pays for his own. He will now be avoiding you because he will now feel like a tenant living with the landlord. I suggest you meet with him outside ... some cool spot ... apologize for the remark and let him know you didn't realize probably sent the wrong message.
Re: I Stood Up To My Father by Sike(m): 12:22pm On Jun 17, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:
I must commend your dad for his patience. He is a real man!

If I was your dad, you will be on a wheelchair with no arms and legs. I will report myself to the police station when I am done with you!

You have a great dad.
Walai

1 Like

Re: I Stood Up To My Father by seguno2: 1:02pm On Jun 17, 2023
DamianDd:
What pissed me off asides from things he said was the fact that he was putting himself down and the family down with his words all because of what other people will think. God! I hate it so much because he's been doing that for years always comparing us to other people, wanting us to behave in a way that won't upset people, to be seen as perfect and likable by everybody and when I realized this fact I start working on myself till this day, i still get that feeling of timidity but I always push through because really who gives a Bleep what people think of me that's why I was so timid when younger that I hated myself. Coming home late was wrong and I told him that yes it's true but those things he was saying is where we had the issue.

Are you a yahoo yahoo scammer? Or what are you doing to make 500k as an 18 year old boy
Re: I Stood Up To My Father by jimcaddy(m): 1:57pm On Jun 17, 2023
Where I fault the father was saying that neighbours are talking and landlord. Unless there is no specific time rules stated before the rent of the house, then I don't think it's anyone's business what time I get home from wherever. But where I fault the guy was rubbing it in your dad's face that you paid for the rent. Naaa. That was too low.. You should apologise to him. He meant well, trust me, but you know how African parents are. They are always concerned about what their friends or neighbours will say or perceive about their children.
Re: I Stood Up To My Father by Aaaaarghmed(m): 4:43pm On Jun 17, 2023
18 years old,coming home late,wetin you dey do by that time for outside.your Dad talked to you,you dey spill thrash.you get luck say he no knock your head.you are still a teenager .go and rent our house and come home 2am.mumu
Re: I Stood Up To My Father by Drone95(m): 10:35pm On Jun 17, 2023
DamianDd:

I don't drink, don't smoke, don't do drugs and don't eat cola

These are rules my dad instilled me when I was young and I would do the same for kins and make it a generational rule in our lineage.

My generations high IQ is my top priority to make the most compitent seeds and raise compitent men. If I smoke and drink it will reduce that IQ and I don't want to think like majority of Nigerians
Re: I Stood Up To My Father by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 11:34pm On Jun 17, 2023
DamianDd:
My dad is a really good guy, I love him so much and he's gentle most times. Though he gets angry sometimes but he's reasonable about everything he does.

I came home 11:30 which is very late and I knew that and I even hated it too that I came home this late so I was trying to avoid him even when he asked to come to his room because I had a gut feeling that things won't gi right.

But I ended up going to get my charger that was with him, then for the first 5 minutes in he was making sense about why I came home late and I was agreeing to it that it's true

Then all of a sudden he starts saying "what will people think?" "Neighbors are watching" "they'll start saying god forbid, like father like son" "I nor fit let my pikin be like this boy" "which kind family be this, see when their son dey come house?" "People are watching, people are judging" and even more words and it started getting annoying to me, then he said they will say "see when this small pikin dey come house"

It was at that moment that I shut it down, I've never been that way to him but it was so infuriating, I told him I'm not a child I'm 18 which is legal age, I work for my money, I make 50k to 300k a month on my own; no neighbors give me food when I'm hungry, the landlord doesn't clean my eyes when they hurt from viewing my phone too much so I don't give a Bleep what they think of me. I told him to not put all those orientations in my head because it affected me alot when I was younger and it made me timid and shy and scared of being myself or having different opinions and that's what I'm trying to fix in myself and my mindset now.

What I do feel bad about is last year I paid for the house rent and packing when I had alot of money, I brought it up when I was talking to him and said "I paid for this house with my own money so who is landlord or the neighbors for me to be sacred to come in and out of my own home, I know what I did is wrong and I'm sorry but don't put those bad thoughts in my head" I shouldn't have said that though by bringing up what I did for family. He only called me back and said "don't worry I won't talk to you anymore until I use my own money to pay for the house next time" I didn't say anything because i know I was wrong and nothing good would come out of talking back, I just left his room.

What's your thoughts on the matter?
codedly go beg your old boy, I understand everything you've said but just beg him if not for anything but for bringing up that talk of paying the rent. Buy one bottle of Schnapps or non alcoholic wine if he doesn't take alcohol then later on, I'll advise you plan on leaving the house at least within one or two years. Advise no be curse o

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

It's Our Wedding Anniversary! Help Us Thank Jehovah. / Who Are The Parents Of 2 Children Found Wandering In Enugu? (Photo) / Married Women Using Their Father's Name As Middle Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.