Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

NLNG Headquarter Relocates From Lagos To Port Harcourt - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NLNG Headquarter Relocates From Lagos To Port Harcourt (10123 Views)

Is Importing From China Better Than Buying From Lagos? / NLNG Panics As US, Australia Enter Gas Market / Fire Gutted Fine Coat Paint Headquarter Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLNG Headquarter Relocates From Lagos To Port Harcourt by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 02, 2011
Abagworo:

No way.They were there long before the militancy began.NNPC headquaters was transfered from Lagos to Abuja but the question remains why they should be there in the first place.
There is a different between administrative headquarters and operational base.Most of the oil companies have their operational base in ND but their administrative headquarters outside the region due to the volatility of the ND.
Re: NLNG Headquarter Relocates From Lagos To Port Harcourt by Seunn11: 12:47pm On Oct 02, 2011
DaLover:

I am surprised by this question, r u 4 real, so by now you do not know what they call hypocrazy from our SW brothers in this country?

in 1999 abubarka/abacha administration moved shipping council hq to abuja and the SW pple screamed to high heavens that there is no port or sea in abuja, obj came in and promptly moved it back to lagos.
Now major oil companies have their hqs in lagos including napims, since 1980s before militancy started in 2006, but SW pple in trying to justify this rediculus situation come up wih all kinds of foolish reasons as if they are talking to dummies.(they propable think they are)
1 No security in niger delta
2 Niger deltans are uneducated and some other funny stuff.

Can your shallow minded ways let u see how painful it is to produce cocoa on your farms in SW and have cocoa house located in kaduna, where all high level decisions on the ccoa industry will be taken from,

Whenever u even attempt to justify such injustice just know that what go around comes around

What do you mean by hypocrisy of SW people? Was it SW people that made Lagos the capital of Nigeria? was it not even an injustice to allow all sort of criminals to invade Lagos in the name of Federal Capital? Are opportunities not taken from indigenous population of Lagos by such invasion?
What the hell are you saying? Is Lagos not even a potential producer of Oil? Just stop being silly and stop this silly idea of Yoruba people cornering things afterall Lagos is a fair representation of Nigerian diversity as it is.[size=14pt] Perhaps, one might suggest that as Lagos is no longer the capital of Nigeria and since you so much want the oil companies to be at your backyard, then non indigenous population of Lagos should have the decency to follow the companies out withing 3 months and those who refuse might be bombed as a buffoon earlier suggested!![/size]
Re: NLNG Headquarter Relocates From Lagos To Port Harcourt by phantom(m): 1:08pm On Oct 02, 2011
KnowAll:

The staff and d company would probably have to live through d " blackout" in PHC for d moment b4 things improve hopefully, and a big "hopefully it is. Nothing works in PH, even d state of d roads in d city are all shiiiit, if comments made on this forum are anything to go by . What that Governor has is a well oiled propagandist dishing out shiiiit as fast as it comes out of d Governor's Nyansh. lipsrsealed
grin grin grin o please, give them 6 months and they ll know what they ve been missing, breathing fresher air,less stress et al, their life expectancy go suddenly rise from 45years(lagos) to >70yrs, grin grin
this is just the beginning.dont know why it wasnt done earlier, shell and co should follow suit.
i had mentioned this in some other thread that this country is gradually decentralising, Its happening even faster than i thought.

The ibaka deep sea port will be the NAIL that finally seals the coffin,
Re: NLNG Headquarter Relocates From Lagos To Port Harcourt by Gideonyte(m): 1:15pm On Oct 02, 2011
This is a very good move! At least the ND will be able to enjoy some taxes derived from its resources. Someone working as an accountant in Chevron revealed to me that Chevron alone pays more than N800m in taxes to Lagos state government every month! It boggles my mind to think how much taxes would be derived from the likes of DPR, NAPIMS, SHELL, TOTAL, EXXON etc and other servicing companies in residing in Lagos. This just has to be an excellent move!
Re: NLNG Headquarter Relocates From Lagos To Port Harcourt by ahf(m): 1:17pm On Oct 02, 2011
careytommy:

next up: spdc

Wasn't SPDC head office already "Shell Industrial Area, Rumuobiakani Port Harcourt"? Plus, they operate in multiple states, probably they have a right to be in all those states too i.e. Bayelsa, Delta, Edo etc

Hope the NLNG move brings about more merits and less demerits. This should be a plus for the tax base of Rivers State, hopefully, the governor would utilize these funds wisely.

Certainly you don't expect people to move their families down to PH instantly, initially the workers would probably leave their families in Lagos while shuttling between both locations.

Bias, Sentiments and Tribe aside, to be honest, if you had a choice of location of Lagos or Port Harcourt for an office, tell me the percentage of people that would prefer PH? Very very low, I presume.

The past Niger Delta issues have made the town not a preferential location. But if the Niger Delta people demand that companies operating there, have their head office in the localities, so be it.

The confusion here is that people presume that head office automatically means revenue? NOT SO. Some multinational service companies moved their head office to Dubai to ensure they pay lower tax, while they still have their operational bases in other places. NLNG been a national company probably wont follow that line.

People should avoid the negative behaviours that chase companies away (e.g. Julius Berger - pulling out of East West road construction & Setraco doing such a terrible job on the road).
Are you aware that
- multinationals prefer to hold their meetings in Lagos rather than have foreigners travel to the Niger Delta. That's the nature of the stigma created from the actions of some so called "freedom figthers/militants/bunkering cabal"
- equipment providers currently prefer not to deploy to the Niger Delta.
- some of the multinationals have been looking for ways to sell off their assets in the area?

The ultimate way to attract businesses is not to harass and force them to locate there, it's to create the enabling environment for them to opt to move there (e.g. Dubai etc).

Hope the Rivers State govt would create this enabling environment to allow businesses to thrive. Wish them all the best !!!
Re: NLNG Headquarter Relocates From Lagos To Port Harcourt by MackDealer: 1:27pm On Oct 02, 2011
So let me get this, NLNG a company formed in 1989 with about 400 employees in Lagos a city of 15million people is moving it's headquarters to PH and all of a sudden the economy of Lagos will be crippled, am I missing something?

If most people on Nairaland is what Nigeria has to offer, it will never develop, it's not a curse, it's a fact, everybody seems to just think out of their behind
Re: NLNG Headquarter Relocates From Lagos To Port Harcourt by Seunn11: 1:33pm On Oct 02, 2011
It is the attitude of some bigots here that pissed me off! Imagine some people saying stuff like: SW will now be finished! Lagos will be dead and buried!!! what level of wickedness is that? Envy exposed.

Be sure of one thing: the level of sophistication in SW is not because of oil. Far from it. In fact, just few corrupt politicians make money from oil in the SW.

To all haters, watch as your hell hole implode further when various ethnic group start fighting for what they think is truly theirs. Then, you will pray that the companies move back to Lagos
Re: NLNG Headquarter Relocates From Lagos To Port Harcourt by philip0906(m): 1:40pm On Oct 02, 2011
Good. . .atleast it is better than paying tax to the Lagos state government,yet the roads around Lagos are in a terrible state. . .
Re: NLNG Headquarter Relocates From Lagos To Port Harcourt by Desola(f): 1:54pm On Oct 02, 2011
Don't be surprised people.

Jonnysatan have promised to decongest Lagos and now, he's only fulfiling his promise.
Re: NLNG Headquarter Relocates From Lagos To Port Harcourt by mathskill: 1:55pm On Oct 02, 2011
Very soon NNPC and petroleum ministry head quarters will be moved to portharcourt, the future capital of the NIGER-DELTA republic.Kudos to you.SW,NORTH,MID-BELT,SE will no more pester on your oil,you will soon enjoy it all by yourself.
Re: NLNG Headquarter Relocates From Lagos To Port Harcourt by aljharem3: 2:11pm On Oct 02, 2011
macjive01:

lagos greatest asset is not fashola or awololo or any other godamnit name but its position as a formal FCt of which was built into the nations commercial nerve by amongst all the SEAPORT.

The relocation of nlgn no doubt will have a little effect, but what will bring lagos to its kneel wud be a deep seaport in Portharcourt or Akwa-ibom, linked to an Aba and Onitsha inland container port, and then Nnewi and Aba EPZs, that in place LAGOS will seize to exist, southwest will time-travel back to 1967 into an agrarian society, low standard of living, possibly renewal of slave trading ( trading their children- this time knowingly).

Every other step in that territory will be littered with high powered concentrated juju, rituals will be the order of the day. no more igbos to abuse hence they will turn on themselves, firstly to Ijebus ( as the black sheeps), then to Abeokwuta - for overshadowing the rest. soon the awori man wud declare his true status and ethnicity.

just imagine Lagos losing west-minister and all those tank farms !, yes, 78% of the contents of those tanks travel outside Lagos and SW, would it not be more judicious to transport it by a barge from portharcourt or Akwa-Ibom deep seaport to Onitsha oil tank farm, then proceed to lokoja tank farm - which wud cater for Abuja consumption , then to niger tank farm - which wud in turn cater for the north west. Onitsha wud also cater for the middle belt and the rest of the north.

Is this what you wish for yoruba people shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

SUCH HATRED grin grin grin grin well we wish Igbos all the best and WE THE SW PEOPLE PRAY for SE economy to grow

Seunn11:

please, let decongestion of lagos and sw start immediately. Good host we have been all this while. Now, let other regions also host the whole country.
Did someone just barked sw will time travel to 1967? I found it amusing at best.

Ikwerre and Ijaw people in port harcourt are nice in fact even nicer to yorubas than their Neigbours cool

DaLover:

I am surprised by this question, r u 4 real, so by now you do not know what they call hypocrazy from our SW brothers in this country?

in 1999 abubarka/abacha administration moved shipping council hq to abuja and the SW pple screamed to high heavens that there is no port or sea in abuja, obj came in and promptly moved it back to lagos.
Now major oil companies have their hqs in lagos including napims, since 1980s before militancy started in 2006, but SW pple in trying to justify this rediculus situation come up wih all kinds of foolish reasons as if they are talking to dummies.(they propable think they are)
1 No security in niger delta
2 Niger deltans are uneducated and some other funny stuff.

Can your shallow minded ways let u see how painful it is to produce cocoa on your farms in SW and have cocoa house located in kaduna, where all high level decisions on the ccoa industry will be taken from,

Whenever u even attempt to justify such injustice just know that what go around comes around

shocked shocked shocked shocked Hypocritcy shocked shocked

was it a yoruba man that made the capital Lagos at he first place

was calabar not the capital at some poin in history

the oil companies are FREE TO CHOSE THEIR CAPITAL and where they want it to be, It has nothing to do with the FG or Obj

go check the legistrative powers of the FG before you start posting rubbish cry cry cry

phantom:

grin grin grin o please, give them 6 months and they ll know what they ve been missing, breathing fresher air,less stress et al, their life expectancy go suddenly rise from 45years(lagos) to >70yrs, grin grin
this is just the beginning.dont know why it wasnt done earlier, shell and co should follow suit.
i had mentioned this in some other thread that this country is gradually decentralising, Its happening even faster than i thought.

The ibaka deep sea port will be the NAIL that finally seals the coffin,

Yes if that what you igbos wish for lagos then I must say I am sorry for una grin grin grin

You can not be wishing evil for a group of people and expect blessing for God . Not possible

Gideonyte:

This is a very good move! At least the ND will be able to enjoy some taxes derived from its resources. Someone working as an accountant in Chevron revealed to me that Chevron alone pays more than N800m in taxes to Lagos state government every month! It boggles my mind to think how much taxes would be derived from the likes of DPR, NAPIMS, SHELL, TOTAL, EXXON etc and other servicing companies in residing in Lagos. This just has to be an excellent move!

Can u please stop that rubbish you posted

what ND. was it Obj that told the oil companies to stay in lagos

was the capital not moved to abuja

was all HQ not moved to abuja, who asked them to stay in lagos at the first place undecided

MackDealer:

So let me get this, NLNG a company formed in 1989 with about 400 employees in Lagos a city of 15million people is moving it's headquarters to PH and all of a sudden the economy of Lagos will be crippled, am I missing something?

If most people on Nairaland is what Nigeria has to offer, it will never develop, it's not a curse, it's a fact, everybody seems to just think out of their behind

LOL not Nairaland but Igbos. this what they want

so an igbo man said, to see yorubas on their knees begging shocked shocked shocked shocked How hateful is that cry cry cry

Seunn11:

It is the attitude of some bigots here that pissed me off! Imagine some people saying stuff like: SW will now be finished! Lagos will be dead and buried!!! what level of wickedness is that? Envy exposed.

Be sure of one thing: the level of sophistication in SW is not because of oil. Far from it. In fact, just few corrupt politicians make money from oil in the SW.

To all haters, watch as your hell hole implode further when various ethnic group start fighting for what they think is truly theirs. Then, you will pray that the companies move back to Lagos

Now you know them, those are SE igbos for you and that is why Ikwerre would never ever allow them in port harcourt

they can never rule port harcourt because of such mentality. How sad cry cry cry cry

mathskill:

Very soon NNPC and petroleum ministry head quarters will be moved to portharcourt, the future capital of the NIGER-DELTA republic.Kudos to you.SW,NORTH,MID-BELT,SE will no more pester on your oil,you will soon enjoy it all by yourself.

Gbammm. abi we need peace in Nigeria

To conclude

How can a poster say; I quote " soon the yorubas will be decimated and would be on their knees" all in the name of the HQ moved to bonny island cry cry cry

WHY DO IGBOS HATE YORUBA PEOPLE SO SO SOOO MUCH

why would a fellow human being want another man to be on his knees all in the name of HQ

why would another man want to see another fellow human being begging cry cry cry

is that not sadistic cry
Re: NLNG Headquarter Relocates From Lagos To Port Harcourt by Desola(f): 2:49pm On Oct 02, 2011
Let them continue to hate jo, that is why they will never do well and attain the heights that we as a people have. They would continue to lag behind and even the Niger Deltans would become more relevant than them. It is happening and I wish the ND the very best. They deserve good things with the way the country have decimated them and abused their land. I do hope they use jonasatan's opportunity at the top judiciously and make a mark on their existence as a people.
Re: NLNG Headquarter Relocates From Lagos To Port Harcourt by emmatok(m): 2:56pm On Oct 02, 2011
MackDealer:

+100%

Now you know Nairaland is filled with tribalism.

When private firm has more than 1000 employ's in Lagos alone.

See Igbo wishing Lagos burned down before they leave.

Where were they(IGBOS) hiding when Lagos was developing before independent.
Re: NLNG Headquarter Relocates From Lagos To Port Harcourt by Olaone1: 2:58pm On Oct 02, 2011
Desola Desola  grin grin

Take care, moi sista. grin
Re: NLNG Headquarter Relocates From Lagos To Port Harcourt by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 02, 2011
I laugh at some of the silly posts.when global economy is seeking alternative to oil.most developed nations do not have oil e.g malaysia,sweden,norway,japan,china.na oli go kill most people.nonsense.
Re: NLNG Headquarter Relocates From Lagos To Port Harcourt by Seunn11: 3:06pm On Oct 02, 2011
Desola:

Don't be surprised people.

Jonnysatan have promised to decongest Lagos and now, he's only fulfiling his promise.

He should be a man enough to move out the uninvited guests out of Lagos as they have overstayed their welcome.
Re: NLNG Headquarter Relocates From Lagos To Port Harcourt by jason123: 3:16pm On Oct 02, 2011
This is really crazy!!!
I am happy that the HQ is being moved to PH. After all, we produce the Oil the country enjoys. However, I do not subscribe to comments made by some Igbo/SEasterners on the issue. It's as if they never want the SW to do well undecided.

Even the PH peeps are not this bad. How can a Lagosian Igbo say he wishes Lagos to burn down?! Yet, he is a Lagosian shocked sad.

Anyway, please FG move more Oil companies to Warri!! PLEASE!!! We produce this oil, we deserve the jobs!!!

Desola:

It is happening and I wish the ND the very best. They deserve good things with the way the country have decimated them and abused their land.
Thank you my sister!
Re: NLNG Headquarter Relocates From Lagos To Port Harcourt by odumchi: 3:22pm On Oct 02, 2011
Who are the people that you are talking about and also who are the Niger Deltans?

Desola:

Let them continue to hate jo, that is why they will never do well and attain the heights that we as a people have. They would continue to lag behind and even the Niger Deltans would become more relevant than them. It is happening and I wish the ND the very best. They deserve good things with the way the country have decimated them and abused their land. I do hope they use jonasatan's opportunity at the top judiciously and make a mark on their existence as a people.

Honestly, a clear head will see that this is a sensible move. Why build something in a certain place but leave your office miles apart. Such close proximity to the actual resources will increase their productivity since of anything goes wrong, they will be close enough to respond quickly and also it will connect them with the flow of Natural resources coming from
Aba. Besides, their staff will have quick acsess to their families in states like Rivers, Aba, Imo, Anambra etc versus the 10 hour trip from Lagos.
Re: NLNG Headquarter Relocates From Lagos To Port Harcourt by Seunn11: 3:23pm On Oct 02, 2011
jason123:

This is really crazy!!!
I am happy that the HQ is being moved to PH. After all, we produce the Oil the country enjoys. However, I do not subscribe to comments made by some Igbo/SEasterners on the issue. It's as if they never want the SW to do well undecided.

Even the PH peeps are not this bad. How can a Lagosian Igbo say he wishes Lagos to burn down?! Yet, he is a Lagosian shocked sad.

That is why they need to jump now, otherwise they will end up at the bottom of the ,
Re: NLNG Headquarter Relocates From Lagos To Port Harcourt by Seunn11: 3:26pm On Oct 02, 2011
odumchi:

Who are the people that you are talking about and also who are the Niger Deltans?

Honestly, a clear head will see that this is a sensible move. Why build something in a certain place but leave your office miles apart. Such close proximity to the actual resources will increase their productivity since of anything goes wrong, they will be close enough to respond quickly and also it will connect them with the flow of Natural resources coming from
Aba. Besides, their staff will have quick acsess to their families in states like Rivers, Aba, Imo, Anambra etc versus the 10 hour trip from Lagos.

Will it not be nice as well to let the ibo people in Lagos move themselves out now in order that their people in Aba, Ebonyi, Imo Abia have access to them instead of seeing them once in 3 years?
Re: NLNG Headquarter Relocates From Lagos To Port Harcourt by odumchi: 3:34pm On Oct 02, 2011
Don't derail this thread. Let's not turn it into what it's not. Focus on the topic at hand.

jason123:

This is really crazy!!!

Anyway, please FG move more Oil companies to Warri!! PLEASE!!! We produce this oil, we deserve the jobs!!!

Thank you my sister!

Re: NLNG Headquarter Relocates From Lagos To Port Harcourt by odumchi: 3:48pm On Oct 02, 2011
Port Harcourt boasts Nigerias fastest growing economy according to this video;

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYxSk04CFRM[/flash]
Re: NLNG Headquarter Relocates From Lagos To Port Harcourt by emmatok(m): 3:49pm On Oct 02, 2011
odumchi:

Don't derail this thread. Let's not turn it into what it's not. Focus on the topic at hand.

Sorry the thread derail long ago.

Quote from: macjive01 on Today at 01:55:04 PM
lagos greatest asset is not fashola or awololo or any other godamnit name but its position as a formal FCt of which was built into the nations commercial nerve by amongst all the SEAPORT.

The relocation of nlgn no doubt will have a little effect, but what will bring lagos to its kneel wud be a deep seaport in Portharcourt or Akwa-ibom, linked to an Aba and Onitsha inland container port, and then  Nnewi and Aba EPZs,  that in place LAGOS will seize to exist, southwest will time-travel back to 1967 into an agrarian society, low standard of living, possibly renewal of slave trading ( trading their children- this time knowingly). 

Every other step in that territory will be littered with high powered concentrated juju, rituals will be the order of the day.  no more igbos to abuse hence they will turn on themselves, firstly to Ijebus ( as the black sheeps), then to Abeokwuta - for overshadowing the rest. soon the awori man wud declare his true status and ethnicity.

just imagine Lagos losing west-minister and all those tank farms !, yes, 78% of the contents of those tanks travel outside Lagos and SW, would it not be more judicious to transport it by a barge from portharcourt or Akwa-Ibom deep seaport to Onitsha oil tank farm, then proceed to lokoja tank farm - which wud cater for Abuja consumption , then to niger tank farm - which wud in turn cater for the north west. Onitsha wud also cater for the middle belt and the rest of the north.

Why are IGBOS always rejoicing at anything they perceive NEGATIVE news about Lagos.

And how much tax is NLNG paying Lagos.

For all i know most FG organisations don't pay TAX to SG and NLNG((NNPC owns 49%) might not be paying anything to Lagos SG.
Re: NLNG Headquarter Relocates From Lagos To Port Harcourt by jason123: 3:54pm On Oct 02, 2011
odumchi:

You are definitely not referring to me! Go to page 1 to see who and how it was derailed! Be objective!!!
Re: NLNG Headquarter Relocates From Lagos To Port Harcourt by odumchi: 3:59pm On Oct 02, 2011
I talk to you about this all the time, stop with the "im not the only one" attitude. Anyway back to topic.
Re: NLNG Headquarter Relocates From Lagos To Port Harcourt by jason123: 4:04pm On Oct 02, 2011
^^^
Then don't quote me!
Re: NLNG Headquarter Relocates From Lagos To Port Harcourt by manny4life(m): 4:38pm On Oct 02, 2011
I think a lot of people on here are getting it wrong; a company with an employee size of 400 definitely will NOT cripple Lagos obviously; however, the $100 million activity that the company engages will is what cripples Lagos. Take for instance they employed 400 people, assuming that each employee earn an average of $12,000 annually (convert that to Naira and do the math), that's a payroll of $4.8million the company is contributing in terms of employment wages to the state. That's a benefit (No.1), and if the company pays local payroll taxes say 5%, that's a $240,000 lost revenue.

Keep in mind that we haven't talked about company generating activities that private companies engage into, by the time you take all this into consideration, a move will cost the company (DIRECTLY) about $2million annually and an indirect cost is just too unmeasurable.

Therefore, losing one company WILL NOT hurt, but losing 10 companies will hurt the purse of the govt in the long run. This is simple supply and demand (services) in economics. Will the company transfer 400 people along with relocation expense to PH? That's some of the questions that need answered because sooner or later, one move spurs other companies moves. Again just my own opinion.
Re: NLNG Headquarter Relocates From Lagos To Port Harcourt by Akanbiedu(m): 4:54pm On Oct 02, 2011
The greatest strength of the Yorubas is TOLERANCE. Though I personally believe it's a weakness in a jungle country like Nigeria. This particular attribute, coupled with competent administration that has kept the residents of Lagos secure, have been taken for granted.

Let the companies try other sides, they will definitely MISS us.
Re: NLNG Headquarter Relocates From Lagos To Port Harcourt by emmatok(m): 4:57pm On Oct 02, 2011
manny4life:

I think a lot of people on here are getting it wrong; a company with an employee size of 400 definitely will NOT cripple Lagos obviously; however, the $100 million activity that the company engages will is what cripples Lagos. Take for instance they employed 400 people, assuming that each employee earn an average of $12,000 annually (convert that to Naira and do the math), that's a payroll of $4.8million the company is contributing in terms of employment wages to the state. That's a benefit (No.1), and if the company pays local payroll taxes say 5%, that's a $240,000 lost revenue.

Keep in mind that we haven't talked about company generating activities that private companies engage into, by the time you take all this into consideration, a move will cost the company (DIRECTLY) about $2million annually and an indirect cost is just too unmeasurable.

Therefore, losing one company WILL NOT hurt, but losing 10 companies will hurt the purse of the govt in the long run. This is simple supply and demand (services) in economics. Will the company transfer 400 people along with relocation expense to PH? That's some of the questions that need answered because sooner or later, one move spurs other companies moves. Again just my own opinion.

LOL.

Your are still with this your cripple Lagos ideology.

The-same thing they said when the FCT was relocated to ABUJA yet LAGOS is still standing.

And for your $100m activities your are wrong, NLNG don't pay Lagos SG that much.

The FG controls 49% of NLNG, meaning most of the 400 workers are civil servants.

So tell me do FG civil servants pay any TAX to SG?
Re: NLNG Headquarter Relocates From Lagos To Port Harcourt by manny4life(m): 5:13pm On Oct 02, 2011
emmatok:

LOL.

Your are still with this your cripple Lagos ideology.

The-same thing they said when the FCT was relocated to ABUJA yet LAGOS is still standing.

And for your $100m activities your are wrong, NLNG don't pay Lagos SG that much.

The FG controls 49% of NLNG, meaning most of the 400 workers are civil servants.

So tell me do FG civil servants pay any TAX to SG?

Correction, let me rephrase (NOT CRIPPLE) but affects Lagos. Yeah I'm still on the LAGOS ideology. The Fed isn't a revenue generating entity bound by the laws of Lagos state; so fed moving to FCT wouldn't have made any difference; however, private and Public corporations / companies operating with the feds and its agencies are bound by the laws of the state government. Again, if you read the $100million hypothetical, I said $100million of generating activities NOT revenues to the govt, get it together. That FG controls 49% stake makes it a PUBLIC stock holding company and its employees ARE NOT civil servants. They are NOT employed by the Fed. The moment a govt entity goes public by selling a certain stake in the company, it's no longer a Fed wholly owned entity, it's a public entity and is treated as such. Yes they are NOT civil servants BUT company employees. Dude, please go and read in finance and accounting entity formation and laws. As a matter of fact, in a well democratic state and government, Civil servants or Fed employees pay fed and state taxes, go figure.
Re: NLNG Headquarter Relocates From Lagos To Port Harcourt by SouthEast1: 5:57pm On Oct 02, 2011
Seunn

To where wil you flush all the Yoruba armed robbers, gbomogbomo, con men and ritalists?
Re: NLNG Headquarter Relocates From Lagos To Port Harcourt by ak47mann(m): 5:59pm On Oct 02, 2011
GOOD idea cool cool cool cool

@SOUTHEAST forget to add Incest cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fire Incident Halts GTBank's ATM & E-Services / CBN To Sack Bank Directors With Bad Loans / Exchange Rate Of African Currencies To Nigerian Naira.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.