Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,330 members, 7,839,589 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

How My Neighbor, An Alfa, Converted To Christianity And Changed His Name - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How My Neighbor, An Alfa, Converted To Christianity And Changed His Name (516 Views)

Alfa Babatunde: Youths Burn Sotitobire Miracle Church In Akure Over Death Of Boy / Masquerade Converts To Christianity And Becomes An Evangelist In 6 Months(photo) / Islamic Cleric Divorces Wife Who Converted To Christianity & Changed Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Neighbor, An Alfa, Converted To Christianity And Changed His Name by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:18am On Jun 18, 2023
How My Neighbor, An Alfa, Converted Christianity And Changed His Name

In the thread I created in response to that of the "winners' pastor turned babalawo", i shared the story about a neighbor of mine who also found herself in a similar predicament being the daughter of a former occultist, but in her own case refused to succumb to the lies and tempting offers of the devil, but to stick with Jesus instead, and today she's already reaping the rewards of her decision.

https://www.nairaland.com/7168640/winners-chapel-pastor-turned-babalawo

One of them was in the life of her husband, who used to be an alfa and an adulterer. He was also on the verge of taking a second wife at some point last year, having already concluded plans to go with his friends to the family house of the other woman to pay her dowry, which really troubled his wife, but God intervened by making him come back to his senses beforehand, to the extent he would regret his actions and immoral lifestyle which he came to realize had set him back a lot.

She was telling me about how he now fears women and doesn't go near them as he used to do.

She also said her husband would call her when she doesn't know his whereabouts and would tell her he was inside a church to her greatest surprise. She would be wondering what her husband was doing in a church building of all places.

It wouldn't take long before her Muslim husband would confirm his new faith, just incase there was any doubt left, with a change of name from that of a Muslim to a Christian name.

However the news of his conversion and change of name would not go down well with his family members who were traditional Muslims, that they would summon him to confirm if it was true and why he would do such a thing.

But he told them it was what helped him that's why he decided to follow it, so they had no choice but to accept his decision even though they weren't happy with it.

Then later on, his mum who was a staunch Muslim and had sternly warned his wife, when he brought her to the family while they were about to get married, not to dare try to convert her son to Christianity after their marriage, because he was a Muslim by birth and came from a traditionally Muslim home, after falling seriously sick, and losing her memory, after she was poisoned by a close friend, now had no choice but to go stay with her Christian daughter in-law while seeking solutions and started following her to church.

Not long afterwards his mum was healed and fully recovered her memory loss and this news astounded his muslim siblings when they got to hear if it.

They were deeply grateful to his wife because of what she did for their mum knowing fully well how dire and hopeless her case was before she was brought to their house. They even followed my neighbor's wife to her church when they came to visit her as a result.

That's how God's been helping my neighbor's wife, and also using her to accomplish great things in the life of her husband and also in his family, after she decided to stick with Christ and reject the enticements of the devil.

God bless.

3 Likes

Re: How My Neighbor, An Alfa, Converted To Christianity And Changed His Name by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:18am On Jun 18, 2023
I can still remember early last year when she complained bitterly about her husband. She said she doesn't think she could be able to carry out the assignment God gave to her while yet being married to him.

At the time, I didn't even know it was because of his plans to bring another woman into their marital home.

But I sensed the devil was behind it and was trying frustrate and discourage her using her husband, after she decided to take God seriously upon my urging, and had even started to carry out the assignment He gave to her to preach the Gospel and call men to repentance.

So I tried to calm her down and to encourage her as much I could, and told her not stop the work of God no matter what.

I told her that since the problem was too much for her, that she should place it in God's hands who was able to solve it, and focus on the carrying out the assignment that God gave to her. That if she took care of God's, God will take care of hers. I told her i wouldn't even be surprised if tomorrow God touches the heart of her husband, and the same man troubling her now, would begin to support her for being steadfast and even respect her the more.

Later when I saw the husband, I told him what God told me about his wife being an important vessel to Him, so he should bear with her because it's not going to be easy, but that God would see them through, to which he agreed having heard similar things being said by several about his wife.

I left without saying much more but continued putting them in prayer in the meantime, especially his wife, but when next I talked with her, she started telling me about how her husband is her backbone, and I was like "what?" I didn't expect it to be this fast.

That was how things kept developing until the point where God is not just using her to preach his Gospel and call sinners to repentance elsewhere, but also in her own husband's life and his Muslim family.

I am really happy for her and grateful to God for what He's doing in her life, because when God first told me she was important to Him the first time i was praying for her, last year, I didn't know exactly what He meant.

But it's making much sense now seeing where God's brought her from then, early last year, to what He's already using her to do today.

I know that the journey is still very early and tough times yet lie ahead, but I also know that God who brought her to this point is more than able to see her through it all.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: How My Neighbor, An Alfa, Converted To Christianity And Changed His Name by TemplarLandry: 8:20am On Jun 18, 2023
grin
Re: How My Neighbor, An Alfa, Converted To Christianity And Changed His Name by Honchoslim16(m): 8:20am On Jun 18, 2023
It's nothing serious!

People convert on a daily basis from religions!

1 Like

Re: How My Neighbor, An Alfa, Converted To Christianity And Changed His Name by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 18, 2023
Honchoslim16:
It's nothing serious!

Gbam! 🀣
Re: How My Neighbor, An Alfa, Converted To Christianity And Changed His Name by Zonefree(m): 8:21am On Jun 18, 2023
Honchoslim16:
It's nothing serious!

OP never said it's serious. You're the one making it serious with your comment.

3 Likes

Re: How My Neighbor, An Alfa, Converted To Christianity And Changed His Name by Honchoslim16(m): 8:23am On Jun 18, 2023
Zonefree:

OP never said it's serious. You're the one making it serious with your comment.
You are also making it more serious, by quoting me!

2 Likes

Re: How My Neighbor, An Alfa, Converted To Christianity And Changed His Name by Honchoslim16(m): 8:24am On Jun 18, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

Gbam! 🀣
No nah.... Abi i lie!?
Re: How My Neighbor, An Alfa, Converted To Christianity And Changed His Name by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 18, 2023
story for the gods,moving from frying pan to fire,what is the diffirents between christianity and islam,they are both religions of hatred,hypocrisy,violence,liers and criminality,so no big deal,he just change name and nothing more,mohammed and jesus are the same fuckheads

1 Like

Re: How My Neighbor, An Alfa, Converted To Christianity And Changed His Name by Nobody: 8:44am On Jun 18, 2023
Honchoslim16:

No nah.... Abi i lie!?
No brah, I don't know why they think people converting to another religion is something to be celebrated! 🀣

The op's write-up sef dey funny!

1 Like

Re: How My Neighbor, An Alfa, Converted To Christianity And Changed His Name by Fattesticles: 8:46am On Jun 18, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

No brah, I don't know why they think people converting to another religion is something to be celebrated! 🀣

How many gay you don toast today?
Re: How My Neighbor, An Alfa, Converted To Christianity And Changed His Name by Nobody: 8:49am On Jun 18, 2023
Fattesticles:

How many gay you don toast today?
Oya, get on that bed now! πŸ†πŸ†πŸ€£
Re: How My Neighbor, An Alfa, Converted To Christianity And Changed His Name by Fattesticles: 8:52am On Jun 18, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

Oya, get on that bed now! πŸ†πŸ†πŸ€£

You no go buy this thing for you father to make him happy as father's day ?
Re: How My Neighbor, An Alfa, Converted To Christianity And Changed His Name by Gbadebo19(m): 8:54am On Jun 18, 2023
Help me win 10k from palmpay refer and win. Download palmpay and register with my referral code:
HFGJ8MY3
I need only 3 referrals to win 10k. I promise the three people who join through that code 1k each. Just contact the number in my signature via WhatsApp.
Less than 10 hours remaining. Let's help one another.
Re: How My Neighbor, An Alfa, Converted To Christianity And Changed His Name by Honchoslim16(m): 9:15am On Jun 18, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

Very funny πŸ˜‚

(1) (Reply)

Mixed Reactions Trail Kumuyi’s Comment On Tinubu’s Administration / Salvation Is Free / Holy Ghost Congress 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.