Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,881 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Women's World Cup 2007 - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Women's World Cup 2007 (15439 Views)

Poll: GHANA&9JA PLAY TEAMS FROM VARIOUS CONTINENTS, WHICH NATION HAS A CHANCE OF QUIFYING FOR THE NEXT STAGE?

GHANA: 13% (7 votes)
NIGERIA FALCONS: 32% (17 votes)
BOTH TEAMS: 11% (6 votes)
NONE: 43% (23 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 / Nigeria Vs USA : Women's World Cup ( 0 - 1) On 17th July 2015 / Azerbaijan Vs Nigeria (0 - 11): U-17 Women's World Cup On Tuesday Sept-25-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women's World Cup 2007 by McOmo(m): 6:49pm On Sep 18, 2007
PDF

I dont agree with u that the girls tried their best cool

in actual fact they are a very terrible team always waiting for the dying minutes when the damage has been done to try get into the game . . . . ARE GAMES WON THAT WAY ? undecided

The coach had no bizness using that girl Ebi in the first instance (and I mean in the 2nd game, since she had flunked heavily against Sweden ) at least Cole showed what she was capable of doing - more like the Balogun/ Joshua scenario of the WC-winning eaglets cool

Nkwocha was not all that as she was way too selfish all thru d competition, embarassed

who even played in attack for us sef ? embarassed
Re: Women's World Cup 2007 by PDF: 7:16pm On Sep 18, 2007
Kit,

Yes, the attack was non-existent.

I am of the opinion the girls were not motivated enough. Their display today was driven by sheer determination, not wanting to lose.  It was, by far, their best performance in the group matches. The attack just let them down, perhaps it was the opponent's rock-solid defense.

The girls should be encouraged.
Re: Women's World Cup 2007 by Mustay(m): 7:37pm On Sep 18, 2007
i kinda smell SABOTAGE!
this money palava eh hhn

we neva can say maybe th gals had threatened NFA officials they'll allow US score as many as they like and ater the 1st NFA agreed terms but it was just too late.

Anyway, this has been our worst team with the best performance!
Re: Women's World Cup 2007 by denex: 9:10pm On Sep 18, 2007
I only watched the second half of the match and what I saw those girls play was fantastic even the USA who are rated number 1 in the world were totally outclassed.

This team is virtually the best team at that tournament but lack of proper funding, a coach with the wrong offensive strategy and no moral support.

This is when you begin to notice the bias between men and women in Nigeria.

There was no supporters club.
No proper feeding.
No adequate allowances.
Lack of National Concern.

Imagine if those girls had recieved a call from President Yar'Adua this morning, and he told the girls to just win this match and see what the nation will do for them.

If he had told them to go there and beat the USA, forget about whether they would stay or leave, just beat the best team in the world hands-down and go out with guns blazing.

Those ladies would have done more than beating the USA 2-0.

They would have abandoned that their flawed offensive strategy and improvised.

Imagine the fact that nobody deemed it fit to even send a supporter club to motivate them. Is it because they are women?
So glo is now a men/boys club that will only sponsor the supporters club only when men or overaged boys are representing Nigeria. Well na God go Judge.

Those girls played with more dedication than I've ever seen any Nigerian team play throughout this decade.

They made me proud and I felt like they won the cup. I also clearly saw a clear and obvious example of the result of mismanagement in Nigeria.

I hope somebody can tell me when they will be arriving back in the country so I can make out time to at least make an appearance and show some appreciation.

Those girls performed amazingly well, the goalkeeper was out of this world.

I'm impressed at their class. I'm wearing a smile of satisfaction right now knowing fully well that all things being equal, we would be the ones taking the Gold home. Unfortunately, the Nigerian factor has made all things to be unequal. Well this is the situation we find ourselves.

E go better!
Re: Women's World Cup 2007 by Iman3(m): 9:32pm On Sep 18, 2007
We were deprived of our most potent weapon in football's international stage-cheating.If we can't cheat,we can't thrive.Apart from the age competitions like the Olympics,U-21,U17.e.t.c where we can falsify our ages and win. . . .inability to cheat renders us mediocre.
Re: Women's World Cup 2007 by 9ja4eva: 12:46am On Sep 19, 2007
So sad but good we are out
Re: Women's World Cup 2007 by WarfyBoy(m): 2:28am On Sep 19, 2007
[b]i didnt watch the match , i was anxious to know what the scores was, but to my greatest surprise 1- 0, since inception i hav always n still believes in the gals e no easy at all, i thot US was going to trash us like 5-o, imagine Argentina taking home 18 goals in 3 matches, these Argentines were very prepared, supported, sponsored, cared for, well payed, gud training etc compared to our Beautiful gals dat were being treated like outcast by our own NFA n co, abeg UP falcons you gals r great, u just conceeded only 4 goals n score 1, inshort those gals need to be applauded. nybody wey say dem no try no well. to run for field for 95 min no b beans, most of dem for there don born self, c Chiejene no 8 wen dt gal neva fat , she dey play like christiano ronaldo, so make we still ty dem for representing us, its a gud tin, if no b fraud and scam wey enta our footie commosion head those gals suppose perfom pass like that, our NFA no take dem serious d only tin wey d NFA wnt na the 250,000 dols wey FIFA go pay anny country wey present 4 d worl cup[/b]
Re: Women's World Cup 2007 by Mustay(m): 4:46am On Sep 19, 2007
Iman what d' you mean?

Most players in other nations are MOthers not even ladies sef

the fact emains NFA were only interested in colleting the 250k appearance fee ad there was a division in camp 'cos most experirenced players dropped outta tge team cos of NTIERO THE COACH!
Re: Women's World Cup 2007 by Mustay(m): 4:53am On Sep 19, 2007
DENEX HABA!

DIDNT THESE GALS GET SUPPORT AT THE AWC? shocked

Re: Women's World Cup 2007 by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 19, 2007
can someone please confirm the criteria for selection of players that make up the falcons?

because i just went through their photos in fifa.com, i think looks was the major criteria  grin
Re: Women's World Cup 2007 by denex: 10:15am On Sep 19, 2007
@I-man

I don't believe you watched the match at all.

@Mustay

who the hell is the AWC?
Re: Women's World Cup 2007 by gidig(m): 12:15pm On Sep 19, 2007
@I-man,

what was the rationale behind your response? Did you watch the match at all or you are just one of those who like to
abuse Nigeria?
Re: Women's World Cup 2007 by labiyemmy(m): 1:16pm On Sep 19, 2007
The ladies tried their best - and for I-man, it is a shame that you can talk about your country that way.
Re: Women's World Cup 2007 by gidig(m): 2:02pm On Sep 19, 2007
I watched their three matches and the last match against the USA was their best. They were very horrible against the Koreans. These girls are a victim of a sports system that was built on commemoration rather than development. The fight between the NFA and the NFL is an example.

The NFA is run by people who should have a court order restraining them from coming near anything administration.They are a clueless lot!
Re: Women's World Cup 2007 by BlackMamba(m): 2:22pm On Sep 19, 2007
I understand the promotion of equal opportunity for all gender in sports. But do I have to put up with a half-baked over-hyped world championship to drive the point home. High school and college soccer should be adequate for pretty ladies. Do I sense some male chauvinism? May be I'm just been real.
Re: Women's World Cup 2007 by voldemort(m): 7:14am On Sep 20, 2007
While working in Shanghai China last year during the world cup, it was amazing the amount of Chinese that came up to me to ask about our men's soccer team. Whatever happens, l pray we don't get disappointed. USA can be defeated.
Re: Women's World Cup 2007 by Mustay(m): 7:39am On Sep 20, 2007
AWC is African WOmen's Championship abi how dem dey call am?
Re: Women's World Cup 2007 by Bamiprof(m): 10:44am On Sep 20, 2007
Those girls need to be flogged immediately they arrive just for leaving the best for the last.
Re: Women's World Cup 2007 by McOmo(m): 11:56am On Sep 20, 2007
A pregnant bunch of em old chics would have done beta ! Agumanu, Omagbemi, Ajayi, Eucharia, Okosieme, Akide , Ogun et al !
Re: Women's World Cup 2007 by PDF: 12:03pm On Sep 20, 2007
. . . at least we didn't concede 15 goals like the Ghanians tongue.
Re: Women's World Cup 2007 by Mustay(m): 11:24pm On Sep 20, 2007
ghanan na disgrace
Re: Women's World Cup 2007 by deb(m): 12:37pm On Sep 21, 2007
PDF

I don't agree with u that the girls tried their best

in actual fact they are a very terrible team always waiting for the dying minutes when the damage has been done to try get into the game . . . . ARE GAMES WON THAT WAY ?

The coach had no bizness using that girl Ebi in the first instance (and I mean in the 2nd game, since she had flunked heavily against Sweden ) at least Cole showed what she was capable of doing - more like the Balogun/ Joshua scenario of the WC-winning eaglets

Nkwocha was not all that as she was way too selfish all through d competition,

who even played in attack for us sef ?

Its so easy to criticize. The girls did well. You won't even believe that they played the same US that used to bash
them with as much as 8-0 in the past.

Nkwocha was great in the match she even won the MVP of the day
Re: Women's World Cup 2007 by suprted(m): 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2007
because i just went through their photos in fifa.com, i think looks was the major criteria

are you high? they are without a shadow of a doubt the most beastiful set of women i have ever seen. look at the number 2. a real number 2, looks like a slightly version finer version of Taribo. that said, stella mbachu is cute. christie george is ok, but her face is a little long and horselike. why do some of these girls look like they shave? maureen mmadu is also ok. some of the girls are not so bad but look like they bleach? ok yinka kudaisi is fine too. uwak is ok, cole is ok (but she looks like a strict primary school teacher). some of them even have adam's apples.

jesus, i wouldn't want to see your significant other (but if you have one at least you have one embarassed)
Re: Women's World Cup 2007 by McOmo(m): 12:34am On Sep 22, 2007
Deb . . . now u r taking d piss ! Nkwocha was f@cked thruout d competition ! she won Mvp cos she was selfishly blasting shots that was never going 2 miff d goalie, so f*cks what ? in d country of d blind what happens ? even d Americans were hogwash, imagine how poorly they played ! America of 6/8 yrs ago would have taken our girls to d cleaners thrashing them silly so dont even think the scoreline is representative !
Re: Women's World Cup 2007 by Mustay(m): 7:45am On Sep 22, 2007
Kitaun, letz be honest; those gals tried!

If it were the super eagles, they won't defend that One goal US scored. These gals still played well despite salary plaava. If we know we aint interested in women's soccer, we can transfer our gals 2 s.a; at least, they will be utilized there!

@ve u heard that he gals are calling NFA head a liar 4 giving the press a wrong pic of happenings?

Nigerians didn't support these gals, NFA is even another BAD ONIOn to the soup, NTiero is evebn the worst as hez caused a division BETWEEN THE TEAM OF EXPERIENCE and AMBITION
Re: Women's World Cup 2007 by Mustay(m): 11:12pm On Sep 22, 2007
gERMANY THRASH KOREA embarassed

Re: Women's World Cup 2007 by McOmo(m): 11:28pm On Sep 22, 2007
Mustay . .shallow reasoning dey worry u ! d girls tried ? are u saying thats best of Uwak, Chiejine and Nkwocha u ve seen ? Been watching female footie since inceptn and bliv me d NFA thing has always been there so no excuse jare ! Nfa na me and u- a true reflectn of d comatose state of d economy and polity !
Re: Women's World Cup 2007 by Mustay(m): 11:53pm On Sep 22, 2007
U MUST BE D SAME TOO

WILL UR PROFESSIONAL EAGLES PLAY AT ALL SEF?

THEY'LL NT PLAY!

NA because THESE WANS NA WOMEN; THEM STILL GET SOFTY SIDE
Re: Women's World Cup 2007 by McOmo(m): 11:59pm On Sep 22, 2007
Na u sabi ! I hear say Chiejine na ur chic ! na lie ?
Re: Women's World Cup 2007 by Mustay(m): 12:12am On Sep 23, 2007
igbo gals are dangerous!

IMAGINE.NA D WORST PREPARED TEAM BRING THE BEST RESULT 4 US!!!
Re: Women's World Cup 2007 by McOmo(m): 12:28am On Sep 23, 2007
Best result? are u hallucinating ?
Re: Women's World Cup 2007 by Mustay(m): 9:54am On Sep 23, 2007
DID U EXPECT US 2 CONCEDE JUST ONE GOAL AGAINST USA

WE ONLY CONCEDE 4 AND SCORED ONE . . .THANKFULLY

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria U-20 Player Suffers Injury As Team Bus Crash / Local TV Stations To Show AFCON Final / Nigeria/Ethiopia -FIFA Replace Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.