Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,213 members, 7,811,581 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Corolla 2010 Gear Delay Issue - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Corolla 2010 Gear Delay Issue (2358 Views)

As A First Time Car Owner, Toyota Corolla 2010 Or Honda Civic 2011? / Camry 2010 Gear Not Up Shifting / Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corolla 2010 Gear Delay Issue by Gracepikin33333(m): 6:54pm On Jun 26, 2023
You mean it can be the brain box or ECU, right?
Angrygoat:
It cant be brainbox or ecu. Have u checked for the gear fuse
Re: Corolla 2010 Gear Delay Issue by Angrygoat: 6:55pm On Jun 26, 2023
Google it for ita location. Might be inaide glove box. Under glove box. Passengers side kick panel
Gracepikin33333:
How can I check the gear fuse boss?
Re: Corolla 2010 Gear Delay Issue by Angrygoat: 6:59pm On Jun 26, 2023
Cant . Brainbox or ecu na same thing. If na ecu your car no go even work. Dont go and remove factory ecu oh. When its not like the ecu fried or got burnt.
Gracepikin33333:
You mean it can be the brain box or ECU, right?
Re: Corolla 2010 Gear Delay Issue by Gracepikin33333(m): 7:01pm On Jun 26, 2023
Okay boss, do I need to change the fuse if located?
Angrygoat:
Google it for ita location. Might be inaide glove box. Under glove box. Passengers side kick panel
Re: Corolla 2010 Gear Delay Issue by Angrygoat: 7:09pm On Jun 26, 2023
I dnt know. It might have blown
Gracepikin33333:
Okay boss, do I need to change the fuse if located?
Re: Corolla 2010 Gear Delay Issue by Gracepikin33333(m): 7:21pm On Jun 26, 2023
I can't figure out the gear fuse from the fuses that are here. I'd ask a rewire to look for me then.
Angrygoat:
I dnt know. It might have blown
Re: Corolla 2010 Gear Delay Issue by Gracepikin33333(m): 7:22pm On Jun 26, 2023
But I'm still worried about what the scan says which is the brain box
Re: Corolla 2010 Gear Delay Issue by Dozieson(m): 8:56pm On Jun 26, 2023
Gracepikin33333:
I did scan today so it says the brain box is where the error is and not from the gear box, how true is this bosses on this thread?
Error codes was cleared, we tested and viola, the transmission ran well when we tested it on express but when I was driving in town, I still experience same issue, what can I do?

Show us the scan results
Re: Corolla 2010 Gear Delay Issue by Dozieson(m): 8:58pm On Jun 26, 2023
Gracepikin33333:
But I'm still worried about what the scan says which is the brain box

Brainbox hardly fails. Share the codes here. We will interpret it. It my not even be related.
Single code may mean so many things
Re: Corolla 2010 Gear Delay Issue by Gracepikin33333(m): 9:55pm On Jun 26, 2023
He only told me it was the brainbox and he has reset the error codes. I'll have to go back and ask him for the codes then. Thanks boss
Dozieson:

Brainbox hardly fails. Share the codes here. We will interpret it. It my not even be related.
Single code may mean so many things
Re: Corolla 2010 Gear Delay Issue by Dozieson(m): 4:19am On Jun 27, 2023
Gracepikin33333:
He only told me it was the brainbox and he has reset the error codes. I'll have to go back and ask him for the codes then. Thanks boss

Is there still check light on your dashboard? You need to rescan if it is there.

You can also buy the scanning tool for as cheap is 5-7k if you are in Lagos or Abuja.

Or you check online on jumia/jiji/konga . Just type OBD 2 Bluetooth scanner. It works with your android or iphone
Re: Corolla 2010 Gear Delay Issue by mayor2013: 7:14am On Jun 27, 2023
Gracepikin33333:
I did scan today so it says the brain box is where the error is and not from the gear box, how true is this bosses on this thread?
Error codes was cleared, we tested and viola, the transmission ran well when we tested it on express but when I was driving in town, I still experience same issue, what can I do?

You better change your mechanic and that person scanning your vehicle. They actually no nothing. What is the result of the scan. Place it here

1 Like

Re: Corolla 2010 Gear Delay Issue by Gracepikin33333(m): 7:39pm On Jun 27, 2023
Here are the codes bosses on this thread

Re: Corolla 2010 Gear Delay Issue by Gracepikin33333(m): 6:58am On Jun 28, 2023
Good morning bosses on this thread
Re: Corolla 2010 Gear Delay Issue by Dozieson(m): 8:26am On Jun 28, 2023
P0017 and p0013 are related to timing chain not properly set.
P0302 means the plug or coil 2 is bad. Try by replacing the plug as it is cheaper.

P0500 is a more delicate one
It is the cause of the delay. Your gear is okay
Could mean the VSS sensor is bad
Could mean the instrument cluster/speedometer reading is bad. Is your speedometer working fine?
Could mean there is an electrical connection issue to the VSS sensors. You need a competent mechanic to help you check and test these sensors.
Re: Corolla 2010 Gear Delay Issue by Gracepikin33333(m): 9:04am On Jun 28, 2023
Thanks boss, I really appreciate this. Yes, speedometer is working fine. Is it a mechanic that can test this sensors or a rewire?
Dozieson:
P0302 means the plug or coil 2 is bad. Try by replacing the plug as it is cheaper.

Could mean the instrument cluster/speedometer reading is bad. Is your speedometer working fine?
Could mean there is an electrical connection issue to the VSS sensors. You need a competent mechanic to help you check and test these sensors.

Re: Corolla 2010 Gear Delay Issue by Dozieson(m): 10:03am On Jun 28, 2023
Gracepikin33333:
Thanks boss, I really appreciate this. Yes, speedometer is working fine. Is it a mechanic that can test this sensors or a rewire?

Where is your location?
Re: Corolla 2010 Gear Delay Issue by Gracepikin33333(m): 10:16am On Jun 28, 2023
Abeokuta Ogun
Dozieson:

Where is your location?
Re: Corolla 2010 Gear Delay Issue by Gracepikin33333(m): 11:28am On Jun 28, 2023
Re: Corolla 2010 Gear Delay Issue by Gracepikin33333(m): 11:32am On Jun 28, 2023
I found the thread above and the person said the instrument cluster was the root cause, could this be the cause for me too?

I just google to see if this can be the cause now and here's what I found
Sends Inaccurate Info to the Gearbox
Likewise, a malfunctioning instrument cluster can send the wrong signals to the gearbox of an automatic transmission system. If it feeds inaccurate speed data in there, it may force the car to shift prematurely or with delay. The transmission will surely take a heavy toll in either of these settings if left unchecked.

Regardless if you are driving a manual or automatic, if the transmission shifts too early, it can cause the engine to labor and bog down. On the other hand, if the transmission shifts too late, it can make the engine rev too high before shifting. These can make the car jerk or lurch when shifting also.
Re: Corolla 2010 Gear Delay Issue by Gracepikin33333(m): 11:45am On Jun 28, 2023
Re: Corolla 2010 Gear Delay Issue by Dozieson(m): 11:58am On Jun 28, 2023
Gracepikin33333:
https://cararac.com/blog/can-bad-instrument-cluster-cause-transmission-problems.html

It could be. Most of these repairs follows the possible causes.

From instrument cluster to VSS sensor to damaged or disconnected wires. If you want to do it yourself, you have to follow the steps carefully and it may take days to achieve it
Re: Corolla 2010 Gear Delay Issue by Gracepikin33333(m): 12:06pm On Jun 28, 2023
I want to take it to a mechanic and tell him what to look for because it appears he doesn't know what to do. Imagine him saying brain box is bad when the cause isn't brain box
Dozieson:

It could be. Most of these repairs follows the possible cause.

From instrument cluster to VSS sensor to damaged or disconnected wires. If you want to do it yourself, you have to follow the steps carefully and it may take days to achieve it
Re: Corolla 2010 Gear Delay Issue by mayor2013: 1:00pm On Jun 28, 2023
Gracepikin33333:
I want to take it to a mechanic and tell him what to look for because it appears he doesn't know what to do. Imagine him saying brain box is bad when the cause isn't brain box

And you haven’t fired him
Re: Corolla 2010 Gear Delay Issue by Dozieson(m): 3:39pm On Jun 28, 2023
mayor2013:

And you haven’t fired him

i tire. look for another mechanic to help you out.
check YouTube for the VSS sensors if the instrument cluster did not work out well .
hope you know the instrument cluster?
Re: Corolla 2010 Gear Delay Issue by Gracepikin33333(m): 4:38pm On Jun 28, 2023
Yes, I do know the cluster.
Dozieson:

i tire. look for another mechanic to help you out.
check YouTube for the VSS sensors if the instrument cluster did not work out well .
hope you know the instrument cluster?
Re: Corolla 2010 Gear Delay Issue by Kashif(m): 4:02pm On Jun 30, 2023
Dozieson:

How these would be causing a 15-minute delay when cold is still puzzling to me. That's the only outlier for me
Re: Corolla 2010 Gear Delay Issue by AnglChris(m): 1:59am On Aug 05, 2023
Kashif:

How these would be causing a 15-minute delay when cold is still puzzling to me. That's the only outlier for me
Kashif:

Please Mr kashif, I’m having issues with my Toyota Camry gearbox, and would love to have it fixed where do you reside if I may ask?

Would it be too much trouble to get your help with this problem? It was converted to 10pin, that’s how I bought it, and I wasn’t told it was so, the mechanic I brought with me to check out the car kept telling me it was better this way, but it’s a very very very unpleasant drive, please help what should I do?
Re: Corolla 2010 Gear Delay Issue by Dozieson(m): 10:40am On Aug 05, 2023
AnglChris:

Please Mr kashif, I’m having issues with my Toyota Camry gearbox, and would love to have it fixed where do you reside if I may ask?

Would it be too much trouble to get your help with this problem? It was converted to 10pin, that’s how I bought it, and I wasn’t told it was so, the mechanic I brought with me to check out the car kept telling me it was better this way, but it’s a very very very unpleasant drive, please help what should I do?

Which year if Camry ? If it is 2005-2009, change to 13pin.
Re: Corolla 2010 Gear Delay Issue by Kashif(m): 7:03am On Aug 09, 2023
AnglChris:

You'll need to reinstall 13 pin.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Someone Please Give Us More Details: I Saw This BMW GT In Traffic Today / Advise Needed: How Durable And Reliable Is Honda Ridgeline? / Take A Look At This Diamond Mercedes Benz (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.