Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line (31918 Views)

Anybody Having Delay With Shipment With Grimaldi Shilling Line? / Grimaldi Destruction. / Update: issue with Autoelectng resolved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Fogman(m): 4:13am On Apr 17, 2020
Please, is Grimaldi line currently having issues with Lagos port?

I am expecting couples of vehicle via Grimaldi and they are not keeping to there schedules.

Two of there vessels Hoegh Singapore has been in Nigerian part of Gulf of Guinea since 27th March it departed Port of Cotonou and normally once it depart Cotonou, it arrives Lagos port same day. And same issue applies to the 2nf vessel Precious Ace, left Cotonou port since 12th March, and arrival dates to Lagos keep changing every other days

Tracking the vessel is not even helpful and Grimaldi customer care are clueless regarding this.

What is actually wrong here, or is Covid-19 issue affecting her?

2 Likes

Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Deen112: 5:01am On Apr 17, 2020
The question you asked is also the answer to your question.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Fogman(m): 5:05am On Apr 17, 2020
Deen112:
The question you asked is also the answer to your question.

If that is the case, why are they delivering on schedule in other ports and not Lagos? Covid-19 is a global issue and not specific to Lagos NG only

1 Like

Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by soloehis(m): 7:45am On Apr 17, 2020
I think its peculiar to vessels from Asia..mine left Hamburg 27th march and it arrived naija since on the 13th of April..I guess they are taking precautions due to covid 19.. mine came with grimaldi Senegal
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Fogman(m): 8:22am On Apr 17, 2020
soloehis:
I think its peculiar to vessels from Asia..mine left Hamburg 27th march and it arrived naija since on the 13th of April..I guess they are taking precautions due to covid 19.. mine came with grimaldi Senegal

This vessels are from US
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Banks92(m): 10:35am On Apr 17, 2020
Fogman:

This vessels are from US

Experiencing the same thing. It keeps changing without any known or clear reason. I am already tired of the whole thing
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Fogman(m): 11:15am On Apr 17, 2020
Banks92:

Experiencing the same thing. It keeps changing without any known or clear reason. I am already tired of the whole thing

Same here. So close but too far
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Fogman(m): 11:16am On Apr 17, 2020
Banks92:

Same here. So close but too far.
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by SortOut: 3:12pm On Apr 17, 2020
search online for their customer representative and get first hand information. There's congestion at Nigerian port though amidst other technical issues. Meanwhile your vessel may have been on Nigerian waters for awhile.
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Inception(m): 9:51pm On Apr 17, 2020
Yeh!

I hope I will not experience this o. I am expecting my consignment (via Hoegh Xiamen) on the 5th of next month.

Funny thing is that my Dock receipt showed Hoegh Singapore as the carrier before it was changed to Xiamen.

Have you tracked the vessel in question to know it's location within the gulf?
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Fogman(m): 12:24am On Apr 18, 2020
Inception:
Yeh!

I hope I will not experience this o. I am expecting my consignment (via Hoegh Xiamen) on the 5th of next month.

Funny thing is that my Dock receipt showed Hoegh Singapore as the carrier before it was changed to Xiamen.

Have you tracked the vessel in question to know it's location within the gulf?

The vessel has been stationary in Gulf of Guinea (Nigeria water) for over 3weeks now.
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by sultaan(m): 7:39am On Apr 18, 2020
Now you all know why shipping to Nigeria is more expensive than most location even when they are war torn.
The extra cost of staying in Nigeria will be paid for by Nigerian shippers.
The economy will not recover soon because they keep playing lip service to actions needed for growth
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Fogman(m): 7:53am On Apr 18, 2020
sultaan:
Now you all know why shipping to Nigeria is more expensive than most location even when they are war torn.
The extra cost of staying in Nigeria will be paid for by Nigerian shippers.
The economy will not recover soon because they keep playing lip service to actions needed for growth

I really don't know why everything that has to do with Nigeria is otherwise. All vessel delivers on schedule to Cotonou and other West Africa port but Nigeria it is another story
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Banks92(m): 10:59am On Apr 18, 2020
Fogman:

I really don't know why everything that has to do with Nigeria is otherwise. All vessel delivers on schedule in Cotonou and other West Africa port but Nigeria it is another story

Is there anything/sector that works well in Nigeria? such is the country we have found ourselves in. Well all we can do now is wait.

1 Like

Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 18, 2020
Due to congestion at the port, waiting time for vessels at the port is usually between 10 days to 40 days. This has been going on for almost a year now.

2 Likes

Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by sultaan(m): 4:24pm On Apr 18, 2020
Congestion with the road devoid of traffic, I think we should make sense of the excuse we have been told all this time.
The person who took time to purchase and shop their cargo is definitely intended on clearing it. The government is bent on collecting 100% the value they attach to the cargo, so some importers of lower valued items walked away, and when the closed the border to prevent people from using Cotonou it all feel back to a system that has failed.
Cutting through the red tape is made impossible by those bent on profiting from the chaos.

All these is not random but intentional, from the lady in charge to customs, boss, and minister of finance who the customs boss should be reporting to. Also they have sold the lekki port to the Chinese, so we are screwed really bad economically

1 Like

Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Fogman(m): 4:58pm On Apr 18, 2020
luxy44:
Due to congestion at the port, waiting time for vessels at the port is usually between 10 days to 40 days. This has been going on for almost a year now.

I disagree with you sir. This is the first time I am experiencing this, hence reason for my crying out. Maximum wait time to discharge cargoes on arrival in Lagos port is 4 days, you can confirm this from Grimaldi schedule. I have cleared lots of vehicles this year and never had this present experience
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Fogman(m): 11:57pm On Apr 22, 2020
Custom agents in the house, you have any information for us?
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by sultaan(m): 5:01am On Apr 23, 2020
There has been some pirate activity in Benin in the last couple of days at least a ship has been hijacked right now

https://www.seatrade-maritime.com/piracy/pirates-board-containership-benin-crew-held

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/africa/crew-of-singapore-owned-container-ship-kidnapped-by-pirates-off-benin

These are the cause of the additional cost of shipping to Nigeria.
The Apapa port comptroller still does not understand the concept of ease of doing business.

The Corona Virus is a blessing now we should all plan to change how we do things for the better.
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Fogman(m): 6:44am On Apr 23, 2020
sultaan:
There has been some pirate activity in Benin in the last couple of days at least a ship has been hijacked right now
https://www.seatrade-maritime.com/piracy/pirates-board-containership-benin-crew-held

Thank you for this info
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Inception(m): 9:31am On Apr 23, 2020
Fogman:
Please, is Grimaldi line currently having issues with Lagos port?

I am expecting couples of vehicle via Grimaldi and they are not keeping to there schedules.

Two of there vessels Hoegh Singapore has been in Nigerian part of Gulf of Guinea since 27th March it departed Port of Cotonou and normally once it depart Cotonou, it arrives Lagos port same day. And same issue applies to the 2nd vessel Precious Ace, left Cotonou port since 12th March, and arrival dates to Lagos keep changing every other days

Tracking the vessel is not even helpful and Grimaldi customer care are clueless regarding this.

What is actually wrong here, or is Covid-19 issue affecting her?

Has Precious Ace berthed?
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Fogman(m): 9:37am On Apr 23, 2020
Inception:

Has Precious Ace berthed?
No yet
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Inception(m): 10:13am On Apr 23, 2020
Fogman:

No yet

Na wa o. This is serious!
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Fogman(m): 10:38am On Apr 23, 2020
Inception:

Na wa o. This is serious!
ETA keeps changing every other day
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by aluta2: 10:50am On Apr 23, 2020
Precious ETA 08 05 2020
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Inception(m): 11:08am On Apr 23, 2020
aluta2:
Precious ETA 08 05 2020

I saw 25 /04/2020, Now this!
It is finished!

Why is Nigeria always unique for the bad reasons? why?
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Fogman(m): 11:26am On Apr 23, 2020
Inception:

I saw 25 /04/2020, Now this! It is finished!
Why is Nigeria always unique for the bad reasons? why?
08/05 is Grimaldi updated ETA
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Fogman(m): 4:01pm On Apr 25, 2020
Please i still don't understand why Hoegh Singapore and Precious Ace have not arrive Lagos while Sunlight Ace that departed Cotonou only yesterday is in Lagos the next day. All vessels are Grimaldi
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Eattah(m): 4:32pm On Apr 25, 2020
The ETA for hoegn Singapore has further change to 15th of may 2020 on the Grimaldi fleet schedule.
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Inception(m): 4:54pm On Apr 25, 2020
Eattah:
The ETA for hoegn Singapore has further change to 15th of may 2020 on the Grimaldi fleet schedule.

Fogman:
Please i still don't understand why Hoegh Singapore and Precious Ace have not arrive Lagos while Sunlight Ace that departed Cotonou only yesterday is in Lagos the next day. All vessels are Grimaldi

There is a very serious problem with these two vessels. I wont be surprised if the ETA is extended well into June.

I am beginning to suspect that it has nothing to do with TinCan

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Evolution Of BUGATTI Hypercars From 2005 To 2019 In Pictures / The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos) / Help, Thieves Have Ruined My Car.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.