Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Are Car Trackers Inclusive In The Sim Registration? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Are Car Trackers Inclusive In The Sim Registration? (3846 Views)

How To Install Car Trackers / What Do You Know About Car Trackers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Car Trackers Inclusive In The Sim Registration? by hope2007(f): 12:36am On Oct 03, 2011
Please help. I remembered I didnt register the sim card of my MTN car tracker as I lost the number sometime last year when armed roobers stole my phone. My car suddenly stopped on 30th Sepyember, 2 days after the NCC deadline. My mechanic has tried all to restart the car to no avail. I am now wondering if the car tracker has been blocked thereby resulting to the ceasure of the car. Please whoever knows anything about it should please help so I can know what next to do
Re: Are Car Trackers Inclusive In The Sim Registration? by werepeLeri: 8:23am On Oct 03, 2011
Good question.

I will think it is yes - you have to register it. Just like you register your modems with SIM cards in them. Remember it is SIM card registration, not phone registration, so, anywhere the SIM is being used, it should be registered.
Re: Are Car Trackers Inclusive In The Sim Registration? by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 03, 2011
Sooner or later,some of you will come to NL to seek permission if you should fu-ck your wife !

2 Likes

Re: Are Car Trackers Inclusive In The Sim Registration? by werepeLeri: 9:22am On Oct 03, 2011
@OP

Ignore tramps where necessary
Re: Are Car Trackers Inclusive In The Sim Registration? by sylve11: 9:29am On Oct 03, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Sooner or later,some of you will come to NL to seek permission if you should fu-ck your wife !

he only asked a question. . grin cool
Re: Are Car Trackers Inclusive In The Sim Registration? by werepeLeri: 9:30am On Oct 03, 2011
There is no fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"
Re: Are Car Trackers Inclusive In The Sim Registration? by klas(m): 9:35am On Oct 03, 2011
Even if the stoppage is traceable to the tracker, it cannot be because of non registration. Nobody has been or can be blocked yet because harmonisation is still on. Note that some people registered directly with the service operators while many registered at the ncc registration points. Both are valid and until the harmonisation of the two is completed, nobody can know who has not registered.
Re: Are Car Trackers Inclusive In The Sim Registration? by bayol2001: 9:44am On Oct 03, 2011
very good question, i dint even register my car sim,
Re: Are Car Trackers Inclusive In The Sim Registration? by halfcurrent(m): 9:46am On Oct 03, 2011
bayol2001:

very good question, i dint even register my car sim,

me too. pls is registration still going on?
Re: Are Car Trackers Inclusive In The Sim Registration? by Exponental(m): 10:15am On Oct 03, 2011
werepeLeri:

Good question.

I will think it is yes - you have to register it. Just like you register your modems with SIM cards in them. Remember it is SIM card registration, not phone registration, so, anywhere the SIM is being used, it should be registered.
good point!

Since d whole exercise is abt being identified with d sim, expect deactivation of your sim- but I think d deactivation shld only cos d tracker inactive rather dan stopping d car. So go 4 car diagosis.
Re: Are Car Trackers Inclusive In The Sim Registration? by CarlosVent(m): 10:22am On Oct 03, 2011
Bro find whats happening to your car and call on the experts that installed the device for you. MTN or NCC can never stop your sim card cos you have not registered. they can only plead with you to register and give you bumper bonuses to spur you in doing that.

Your a consumer and for the fact that when you bought it in the first place that they didn't tell you to register the SIm you don't need a Lawyer to win them. the consumer right will like to treat your case if they have done anything.

As for me I have 4 sim cards still un registered. Etisalat and their 10k reward for registering made me to go and Register. I registered my zain because then there was a reward. as for glo and mtn i haven't seen any nice promising reward from them and therefore I am not stepping an inch.

Let them stop the sim from working and watch my next line of action. same thing applies to bank act update.

Diamond bank was on me with texts and calls to come and update my act else it will be closed i was waiting for them to close it but they did not. next thing they sent me the update form in email and pleaded with me to scan my passport and attach to it and just fill the form of which i gladly did and forwarded it back to them. so find what happened to you and not that because you didn't register your line has been blocked.
Peace.
Re: Are Car Trackers Inclusive In The Sim Registration? by werepeLeri: 10:28am On Oct 03, 2011
^^^^

You have not been listening to the GLO adverts - register your SIM and get a chance to win a trip to go watch Man U in Old Trafford. Wayne Rooney and other Man U players on the advert.
Re: Are Car Trackers Inclusive In The Sim Registration? by CarlosVent(m): 11:40am On Oct 03, 2011
werepeLeri:

^^^^

You have not been listening to the GLO adverts - register your SIM and get a chance to win a trip to go watch Man U in Old Trafford. Wayne Rooney and other Man U players on the advert.

oh ok. or else they will give me the value in cash or airtime i don't need to visit Old Trafford as am not a Man Utd Fan but an Arsenal Fan.

Or can they swap from Old Trafford to Emirates Stadium?
Re: Are Car Trackers Inclusive In The Sim Registration? by Donmichaelz(m): 1:27pm On Oct 03, 2011
i heard BOMB tracker was also included
Re: Are Car Trackers Inclusive In The Sim Registration? by GeorgeD1(m): 2:45pm On Oct 03, 2011
i have a gsm car tracker which i registered the sim just last week.

but that aside i think the cause of your car refusing to start is not as a result of blocked sim.

try and get a good diagnostic technician look at your car.
Re: Are Car Trackers Inclusive In The Sim Registration? by CasCas2: 11:18pm On Oct 03, 2011
What I think is: It should be the responsibility of your tracking company to register the sims they installed in trackers.

Anyways, my tracker was installed by my insurance, if they do not register, ncc blocks, God forbid my car gets missing, wallahi they must pay!!!
Re: Are Car Trackers Inclusive In The Sim Registration? by GeorgeD1(m): 1:19pm On Oct 04, 2011
cas-cas,
if your using a one-off payment plan like mine, don't count on the insurance people doing that
for you.

in my own case i was handed the sim pack meaning they have given me complete control.
Re: Are Car Trackers Inclusive In The Sim Registration? by dhtml1(m): 11:11pm On Oct 04, 2011
Donmichaelz:

i heard BOMB tracker was also included

or a BOKO-TRACKER!
Re: Are Car Trackers Inclusive In The Sim Registration? by stechi(m): 6:57am On Oct 05, 2011
hope2007:

Please help. I remembered I didnt register the sim card of my MTN car tracker as I lost the number sometime last year when armed roobers stole my phone. My car suddenly stopped on 30th Sepyember, 2 days after the NCC deadline. My mechanic has tried all to restart the car to no avail. I am now wondering if the car tracker has been blocked thereby resulting to the ceasure of the car. Please whoever knows anything about it should please help so I can know what next to do

To solve the problem with your vehicle presently, you would need the services of a good rewire.Meanwhile, what is the make of your vehicle?

Exponental:

good point!

Since d whole exercise is abt being identified with d sim, expect deactivation of your sim- but I think d deactivation shld only cos d tracker inactive rather dan stopping d car. So go 4 car diagosis.

With my knowledge and ongoing experience in vehicle tracking business, SIM cards do not stop cars without a command being sent to the tracking device either by the vehicle owner or the tracking company(on the clients instruction) to stop the vehicle.
Instead, the 2 main reasons why the SIM must be registered are:
1. To enable the vehicle owner to continue receiving alerts from the tracking device about activities on the vehicle.
2. To enable the tracking device communicate with the web-based software via GPS/GPRS, without which you cannot view your vehicle online.

Presently, I register all SIM cards I insert in tracking devices being installed on my clients vehicles because I use pre-paid SIM cards instead of post-paid so that:
1. The client can transfer credit directly into the SIM via VTU.
2. When there is no credit, the tracking device can still communicate with the web-based software via GPS/GPRS.

For your patronage, send an email to track@chi-track.net requesting for additional information on my vehicle tracking services.
Re: Are Car Trackers Inclusive In The Sim Registration? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:01pm On Oct 05, 2011
are you now advertising your car tracker? 

trust naija people to use every opportunity to make a fast buck!  grin
Re: Are Car Trackers Inclusive In The Sim Registration? by CasCas2: 5:20pm On Oct 21, 2011
cas-cas,
if your using a one-off payment plan like mine, don't count on the insurance people doing that
for you.

in my own case i was handed the sim pack meaning they have given me complete control.

My insurance installed and renews the service even though I can contact the tracking company on my own.

But the fact is that if you have a comprehensive insurance, u need not bother. If the car gets missing, it is left for the insurance company to find it by every means, if they like , use jazz shocked else, they pay!!
Re: Are Car Trackers Inclusive In The Sim Registration? by GeorgeD1(m): 6:32pm On Oct 27, 2011
Cas-Cas:

My insurance installed and renews the service even though I can contact the tracking company on my own.

But the fact is that if you have a comprehensive insurance, u need not bother. If the car gets missing, it is left for the insurance company to find it by every means, if they like , use jazz shocked else, they pay!!

i guess your right about the tracker but sometimes the inconvieniences attached to getting your car outrightly stolen (without trace) far outweighs any replacement the insurance company is going to give you.
Re: Are Car Trackers Inclusive In The Sim Registration? by CHARIGOLD: 5:37am On Dec 05, 2015
CAR TRACKING SERVICES: THIS IS TO INFORM ALL OUR CUSTOMERS IN NIGERIA, THAT DUE TO THE RECENT FACE-OFF BETWEEN MTN (NIGERIA) WHICH HAS LEAD TO SUSPENSION OF WORKING SIM CARDS DUE TO INCOMPLETE REGISTRATION ALONG OTHER REASONS THAT ALL OUR CLIENTS ARE ADVISED TO PLEASE RE-REGISTER SIM CARD NUMBERS ATTACHED TO THEIR CARS.
NOTE: WITH ABOUT OVER 11,000 CARS ON THE ROAD, WE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO REMEMBER WHICH CAR'S TRACKER, GENERATORS AND FIXED ASSETS HAVE DULY REGISTERED SIM CARDS, AND OVER A PERIOD OF 4 YEARS, WE MAY NOT KNOW HOW MANY OF OUR CUSTOMERS USED THE TRACKERS IN THEIR CARS ACCORDINGLY.
CALL FOR ASSISTANCE IF TRACKERS IN YOUR CARS ARE NOT FUNCTIONAL ON 08023229176 LAGOS, 07033243888 ABUJA AND 07067652237 OTHER STATES.
BE SECURITY CONSCIOUS HAVE A TRACKER TODAY. CHARIGOLD

(1) (Reply)

Problem With My Toyota Car. / Toyota Camry 2005 (big 4 Nothing) / Holt Radiator Coolant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.