Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,143 members, 7,811,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? (17451 Views)

See This Thing I Killed In My Room That Looks Like A Snake / Man Shares Photos Of Monkey He Just Killed That Looks Like Human In PH / OMG ! This Is What It looks like In a Shopping Mall In China (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Dpsychologist: 10:18pm On Jun 20, 2023
They say good looking people are often perceived as more intelligent, honest and successful.

1. Have you ever been discriminated because of your looks?

2. Was someone who is more attractive than you favoured over you, even when you know deep down that you are better?

3. Do you think lookism (discrimination based on looks) exists?

Will love to see your comments. I need to carry out a survey.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by 4KNGOATS(m): 10:23pm On Jun 20, 2023
Dpsychologist:

2. Was someone who is more attractive than you favoured over you, even when you know deep down that you are better?

You seem to be fkd up victim of your story, are you looking for a fellow niga

27 Likes

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Dpsychologist: 10:25pm On Jun 20, 2023
4KNGOATS:

You seem to be fkd up victim of your story, are you looking for a fellow niga

If you have no intentions of participating in the survey just back off.

127 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Ay04z(m): 10:25pm On Jun 20, 2023
Female yes.....
Male.... Just be extra good and pray for grace..
I no too fine but grace dey...

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Dpsychologist: 10:31pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ay04z:
Female yes.....
Male.... Just be extra good and pray for grace..
I no too fine but grace dey...
Yea, I get you.

Though in showbiz it can affect both gender.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Henrikjay: 10:50pm On Jun 20, 2023
Yes it does happen to lots of people all over the world especially to women ..

If u re matured enough to handle it when it happens to u , it makes u stronger and keep u in the game of life and it experiences ..

But is u re weak to handle it when it happens it will knock u down and affect u so badly that u will even hate urself ..

Dpsychologist:
They say good looking people are often perceived as more intelligent, honest and successful.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by 4KNGOATS(m): 4:43am On Jun 21, 2023
;
Dpsychologist:

If you have no intentions of participating in the survey just back off.
grin grin niga dey look for fellow mourners

3 Likes

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Sonnobax15(m): 6:24am On Jun 21, 2023
lipsrsealed
Not really,but I think I was once mocked back then in primary 3 by a female teacher because of my accent.... Funny thing was that I wasn't left out among the first best 5 pupils ......

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Nobody: 7:13am On Jun 21, 2023
No, I've never been discriminated before, but each time I go to the salon I get questions like "are you a coloured? Do you have a mixed or a white family background? How sure are you that you don't have a white ancestry?"

All these questions can be really tiring sometimes because I always have to explain myself.

I've got a 4A hair texture and sometimes people question it because I'm also fair in complexion.

I've been told that I look like an Ethiopian, one girl back in high school once told me of how I looked like those illegal Pakistani migrants here in SA.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Worriedguy6699: 7:18am On Jun 21, 2023
All I can say is people are mean to ugly folks and nicer to good looking folks.

112 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by mzansiboy(m): 7:21am On Jun 21, 2023
Samantha124:
No, I've never been discriminated before, but each time I go to the salon I get questions like "are you a coloured? Do you have a mixed or a white family background? How sure are you that you don't have a white ancestry?"

All these questions can be really tiring sometimes because I always have to explain myself.

I've got a 4A hair texture and sometimes people question it because I'm also fair in complexion.

I've been told that I look like an Ethiopian, one girl back in high school once told me of how I looked like those illegal Pakistani migrants here in SA.

Sam, you see how wide the scope is for the coloured people. I wish I could see you. If you look at me you would see that I have european blood in me. My mother is very white and has some straight hair, but she has all the african features.

6 Likes

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by goldstar25(f): 7:25am On Jun 21, 2023
no i haven't. people always like and favor me because of my small voice and as for looks i know i am beautiful.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Bellotelli: 7:26am On Jun 21, 2023
Yes, I see it everytime and it happens to me occasionally. But this life itself isn't balance. People are born differently,.. rich, poor, tall, short, light skin, dark skin, etc. Las las, na who get money dey win nowadays.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by helinues: 7:33am On Jun 21, 2023
Just Bieber ft Blanco ,Lonely came to mind

Everybody knows my name now
But somethin' 'bout it still feels strange
Like lookin' in a mirror, tryna steady yourself
And seein' somebody else

And everything is not the same now
It feels like all our lives have changed
Maybe when I'm older, it'll all calm down
But it's killin' me now
What if you had it all
But nobody to call?
Maybe then you'd know me
'Cause I've had everything
But no one's listening
And that's just lonely.

They criticized the things I did as an idiot kid
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 21, 2023
But I'm not a coloured, I'm a black African.
mzansiboy:

Sam, you see how wide the scope is for the coloured people. I wish I could see you. If you look at me you would see that I have european blood in me. My mother is very white and has some straight hair, but she has all the african features.

5 Likes

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by SonofGod231: 8:01am On Jun 21, 2023
Samantha124:
Fair enough for me....That's of you're the one in those skinny ripped jeans...Can you send me your contact pls? I want to check something.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by wiseone28: 8:46am On Jun 21, 2023
SonofGod231:

Fair enough for me....That's of you're the one in those skinny ripped jeans...Can you send me your contact pls? I want to check something.
Comrade off your mic 😁😁

10 Likes

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by SonofGod231: 8:50am On Jun 21, 2023
wiseone28:
Comrade off your mic 😁😁
πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ™Œ
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by wiseone28: 8:52am On Jun 21, 2023
SonofGod231:
πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ™Œ
You want go southy 🀣
You think say she dope to fly you thereπŸ˜‹
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by SonofGod231: 8:57am On Jun 21, 2023
wiseone28:
You want go southy 🀣

You think say she dope to fly you thereπŸ˜‹
Nah far from that....Just last year I was part of a crew sent to capetown to sail a newly acquired vessel down....I just want get her contact incase of next time...I need position her.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by TheMaharajah: 9:19am On Jun 21, 2023
I've always been exceptionally good looking.
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by mzansiboy(m): 9:49am On Jun 21, 2023
Samantha124:

No I am not saying you are coloured, I am saying that being coloured, one can be very dark but also very light. I hope I am clear, I am sorry if I offended you.
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by talented321: 10:04am On Jun 21, 2023
Fact, we all welcome to a world where you are called wicked by your look.
Worriedguy6699:
All I can say is people are mean to ugly folks and nicer to good looking folks.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Magnoliaa(f): 10:42am On Jun 21, 2023
Personally, no.

But it's a two-way thing.

There's discrimination unjustly based on look, and there's a positive type that deals with being generally presentable.

3 Likes

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 21, 2023
I'm not offended, I just don't understand how your statement correlates with what I said.

You telling me of how wide the scope of coloured people is, it's like you're trying to imply that I could be a coloured too.

I admit that on my mother's side there are some mixed ethnicities starting with my grandmother, her father's genes are very much dominant in her, she has straight hair with some curls ranging from 2b to 2c texture and she's very fair in complexion... And the funny part is that her eyes have two different colours... One brown and the other green.. grin grin grin.. I've lost count of the number of times I made fun of them.. grin grin grin.. But she too has black facial features.

Growing up the family always shaved her head and identified her as an albino to the public in order to conceal her true identity because you know the history of SA.

She never knew her father and she was raised in a Pedi village and she identifies as a Pedi too.

So as a Coloured, would you say we're Coloureds identifying as Pedi people?
mzansiboy:

No I am not saying you are coloured, I am saying that being coloured, one can be very dark but also very light. I hope I am clear, I am sorry if I offended you.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Sheistoopretty(f): 10:58am On Jun 21, 2023
Dpsychologist:

Never ever,,,,, rather I get worshipped for my looks kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Sixfeetbelle: 11:10am On Jun 21, 2023
Dpsychologist:

1) Yes. It was subtle, but I definitely noticed it.

2) Only ever experienced this in between female colleagues and their potential suitors. Never in a professional setting.

3) Yes, definitely. I believe in the pretty people privilege cause I see real life examples of it all the time

8 Likes

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Houseofglam7(f): 11:31am On Jun 21, 2023
🀐
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Lonestar124: 11:42am On Jun 21, 2023
Who are the people that discriminate? We all as a human being?

Have you discriminate people before because of their look, if you have done that before then your sense is tantamount to chicken reasoning.

In short I rejoice and build up my confidence with it, when people discriminate me cause I deemed them foolish and inexperienced..Discrimination is conditional, it can be differentiate and place in its various scale if handle well by sensible person.The rich discriminate the poor you know that....But it is outright foolishness when a rich man discriminate his fellow rich man, same thing with the poor ones..

Everybody should know where they belong, who to discriminate, and who has the upper hand to discriminate them..

In conclusion, discrimination is natural, and we all will attest to it whether ugly or fine..

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Kevineleven(m): 12:17pm On Jun 21, 2023
The problem that i'm facing right now is that I look rich but broke, now everyone in my environ hates me because they believe that i am stingy, even to myself.
Can't a man be good-looking and be broke?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Exmilitant(m): 12:39pm On Jun 21, 2023
I do body-shamed and discriminate people alot, right from my primary school days.

Wayo eye, k-leg, big head, bow leg, bald head, flat nyash, big nyash, fat man/woman, black skinned, albino, big teeth, long man, short man, blind man/woman, stammerer, those who can't read, those who makes mistakes while talking, those who can't speak proper English and many more.
On Sunday afternoon I was visiting my friend, as I was about to drive into his street this pretty fat girl was walking by so I slowed, and said hello, she turned and I shouted, fat giiirl. grin grin grin grin grin grin.
We all should be perfect. Shouldn't we undecided

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? / The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! / What Is Your Greatest Fear?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.