Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? (17516 Views)

See This Thing I Killed In My Room That Looks Like A Snake / Man Shares Photos Of Monkey He Just Killed That Looks Like Human In PH / OMG ! This Is What It looks like In a Shopping Mall In China (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by mzansiboy(m): 1:43pm On Jun 21, 2023
Samantha124:
I'm not offended, I just don't understand how your statement correlates with what I said.

You telling me of how wide the scope of coloured people is, it's like you're trying to imply that I could be a coloured too.

I admit that on my mother's side there are some mixed ethnicities starting with my grandmother, her father's genes are very much dominant in her, she has straight hair with some curls ranging from 2b to 2c texture and she's very fair in complexion... And the funny part is that her eyes have two different colours... One brown and the other green.. grin grin grin.. I've lost count of the number of times I made fun of them.. grin grin grin.. But she too has black facial features.

Growing up the family always shaved her head and identified her as an albino to the public in order to conceal her true identity because you know the history of SA.

She never knew her father and she was raised in a Pedi village and she identifies as a Pedi too.

So as a Coloured, would you say we're Coloureds identifying as Pedi people?

I don't like the term coloured, I believe every tripe in SA is african, so it doesn't matter if you pedi or not you first african before you are Pedi. I see you as african. How do you see the coloured people?
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 21, 2023
I see them as people of mixed ethnicities.
mzansiboy:

I don't like the term coloured, I believe every tripe in SA is african, so it doesn't matter if you pedi or not you first african before you are Pedi. I see you as african. How do you see the coloured people?
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by mzansiboy(m): 1:48pm On Jun 21, 2023
Samantha124:
I see them as people of mixed ethnicities.

However do you see them as african?
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Ay04z(m): 2:27pm On Jun 21, 2023
Dpsychologist:

Yea, I get you.

Though in showbiz it can affect both gender.
Showbiz yes....
Not. My niche none....
100%... Tech
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Zonefree(m): 2:37pm On Jun 21, 2023
Magnoliaa:
Personally, no.

But it's a two-way thing.

There's discrimination unjustly based on look, and there's a positive type that deals with being generally presentable.
Uglee woman.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 21, 2023
They usually deny their heritage, which can make some us confused as to whether they're Africans or not.

I can't classify a person to a certain group when he or she does not know who he or she is, or where he or she belongs.
mzansiboy:

However do you see them as african?

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by GodWrites: 2:47pm On Jun 21, 2023
Dpsychologist:
They say good looking people are often perceived as more intelligent, honest and successful.

1. Have you ever been discriminated because of your looks?

2. Was someone who is more attractive than you favoured over you, even when you know deep down that you are better?

3. Do you think lookism (discrimination based on looks) exists?

Will love to see your comments. I need to carry out a survey.

Look matters more than we care to admit. Someone can live in Hell or in Heaven just because of how they look. As someone who went from ugly to being a hot cake, the difference in treatment was vastly astonishing.

If you are very attractive, someone can literally pick you up from the street and give you the life of your dreams. But the same cannot be said if you are ugly.

I really pity for ugly people. They have to work 10x harder to achieve the life they want.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Exceed15: 3:12pm On Jun 21, 2023
When a person agrees his look is a disadvantage so be it. It starts from you. I have known a friend over the years and it hardly occur to me he limps. He is energetic, confident, social to an extent and dresses well

I also have a friend with one eye and have have never seen it as a disfigure on him because of his positive approach to life. He talks intelligently and smile a lot. I have an albino female friend. I see her as a normal person because she is always happy. In a nut Shell , it begins of how the person feels about his/herself.

6 Likes

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Dpsychologist: 3:19pm On Jun 21, 2023
Worriedguy6699:
All I can say is people are mean to ugly folks and nicer to good looking folks.

Yes you have a point.
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Michaelspresh(f): 3:32pm On Jun 21, 2023
Never

Cos I am a fine kerl😘
Sweet and lovely too

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Dpsychologist: 6:49pm On Jun 21, 2023
Michaelspresh:
Never

Cos I am a fine kerl😘
Sweet and lovely too

Why do I feel some people are not saying the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by 9182736455O1999(m): 7:03pm On Jun 21, 2023
Looks really does matter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Badmashii(m): 7:17pm On Jun 21, 2023
Regardless of gender,the bitter truth is looks do matter. But it matters most for females; as the saying goes A WOMAN BEAUTY IS HER WEALTH WHILE A MAN WEALTH'S HIS BEAUTY.

But if you are very attractive as man,na better advantage you get o.

As for ladies,you have no choice, your appearance would be judged ruthlessly by men,women, society and all. If you no fine na better disadvantage you get for life,you go suffer die.

You can never see a pretty lady suffering,na lie when SIMP choke everywhere. Even female beautiful female celebrities are more successful than their ugly colleagues.

Abeg at all cost,if you are a female and you are born ugly,you need to do something ASAP about your appearance. Thank God say all my sisters fyn.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Edipet(m): 7:38pm On Jun 21, 2023
Yes. Everyday of my life
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Edipet(m): 7:44pm On Jun 21, 2023
GodWrites:

Look matters more than we care to admit. Someone can live in Hell or in Heaven just because of how they look. As someone who went from ugly to being a hot cake, the difference in treatment was vastly astonishing.

If you are very attractive, someone can literally pick you up from the street and give you the life of your dreams. But the same cannot be said if you are ugly.

I really pity for ugly people. They have to work 10x harder to achieve the life they want.
if you are ugly, no one will look your side. Speaking from experience. The only thing There is that you gotta love yourself very well. And don't force yourself on people because if they reject you many times you will get depressed.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by MrBroke(m): 7:59pm On Jun 21, 2023
I get the opposite but my head no dey big o
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Brownshoe: 9:31pm On Jun 21, 2023
Samantha124:
I'm not offended, I just don't understand how your statement correlates with what I said.

You telling me of how wide the scope of coloured people is, it's like you're trying to imply that I could be a coloured too.

I admit that on my mother's side there are some mixed ethnicities starting with my grandmother, her father's genes are very much dominant in her, she has straight hair with some curls ranging from 2b to 2c texture and she's very fair in complexion... And the funny part is that her eyes have two different colours... One brown and the other green.. grin grin grin.. I've lost count of the number of times I made fun of them.. grin grin grin.. But she too has black facial features.

Growing up the family always shaved her head and identified her as an albino to the public in order to conceal her true identity because you know the history of SA.

She never knew her father and she was raised in a Pedi village and she identifies as a Pedi too.

So as a Coloured, would you say we're Coloureds identifying as Pedi people?
you are always aggressive online, who do you like that
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Michaelspresh(f): 8:25am On Jun 22, 2023
Dpsychologist:

Why do I feel some people are not saying the truth.
lolzzz
You are not me nuh
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 1:46pm On Jun 22, 2023
Dpsychologist:
They say good looking people are often perceived as more intelligent, honest and successful.

1. Have you ever been discriminated because of your looks?

2. Was someone who is more attractive than you favoured over you, even when you know deep down that you are better?

3. Do you think lookism (discrimination based on looks) exists?

Will love to see your comments. I need to carry out a survey.
I was hated by some of my pals because I have a large Gbola. They felt intimidated and hated so much
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by EDOSBROWN: 1:48pm On Jun 22, 2023
Monkey no fine, him mama like am, in all na money be fine BOBO

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by adecz: 1:48pm On Jun 22, 2023
I always discriminate against ugly
ladies and go for the more beautifulπŸ‘„πŸ’‹
ones.. 😁😁😁

Who nor like better thinz .😁😁😁
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by tiswell(m): 1:49pm On Jun 22, 2023
Samantha124:
No, I've never been discriminated before, but each time I go to the salon I get questions like "are you a coloured? Do you have a mixed or a white family background? How sure are you that you don't have a white ancestry?"

All these questions can be really tiring sometimes because I always have to explain myself.

I've got a 4A hair texture and sometimes people question it because I'm also fair in complexion.

I've been told that I look like an Ethiopian, one girl back in high school once told me of how I looked like those illegal Pakistani migrants here in SA.
Nice PR
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by tianshie(m): 1:49pm On Jun 22, 2023
Samantha124:
No, I've never been discriminated before, but each time I go to the salon I get questions like "are you a coloured? Do you have a mixed or a white family background? How sure are you that you don't have a white ancestry?"

All these questions can be really tiring sometimes because I always have to explain myself.

I've got a 4A hair texture and sometimes people question it because I'm also fair in complexion.

I've been told that I look like an Ethiopian, one girl back in high school once told me of how I looked like those illegal Pakistani migrants here in SA.

This feels like a backhanded brag.
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by tiswell(m): 1:49pm On Jun 22, 2023
goldstar25:
no i haven't. people always like and favor me because of my small voice and as for looks i know i am beautiful.
let's see ya pics first

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by IkeGod9891(m): 1:51pm On Jun 22, 2023
Severally my dear. I once thought of ending it.
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by MONEY247: 1:51pm On Jun 22, 2023
Just try to have money..
That's all....

All this musicians don't have good looks , but have good money.....

I have the Arab kind of hair but, mehn but I don't have much money.....

Just have money...

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by BreconHills(m): 1:51pm On Jun 22, 2023
goldstar25:
no i haven't. people always like and favor me because of my small voice and as for looks i know i am beautiful.

Beautiful yes no discrimination there but I have unfortunately seen well endowed women with hour glass figures being victimised because they didn't look "professional"

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Adewale1603(m): 1:53pm On Jun 22, 2023
Do you have encounter with people on a daily basis, calling you a name you're not bearing and mistaking you for another person they knew, or people asking you questions, maybe you've worked someplace before and commenting on you that you resembles someone they knows?. This is what I mostly face on regular basis
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by descarado: 1:54pm On Jun 22, 2023
mzansiboy:

Sam, you see how wide the scope is for the coloured people. I wish I could see you. If you look at me you would see that I have european blood in me. My mother is very white and has some straight hair, but she has all the african features.
So having a straight hair equals European?
Mbok.

Go and do dna ancestry.
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by juman(m): 1:54pm On Jun 22, 2023
If I have problem of people rejecting me because of my look, then I would go to my village to"get" new acceptable look.
Re: Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks? by Troublesome23: 1:55pm On Jun 22, 2023
4KNGOATS:

You seem to be fkd up victim of your story, are you looking for a fellow niga

no dey joke with everything na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Create A Yahoo Mail Account From Your Mobile Phone Free / Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys / Waec 2019/2020 Timetable Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.