Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,083 members, 7,863,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:55 AM

US Divided? Man Creates His Own Country Where Wearing 'crocs' Is Not Allowed - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Divided? Man Creates His Own Country Where Wearing 'crocs' Is Not Allowed (808 Views)

Nicola Sturgeon: Trump Not Allowed Into Scotland To Escape Biden Inauguration / Macdonald In China Apologizes For Saying Blacks Not Allowed In Their Restaurant / Interviewers Are Not Allowed To Look At Jacob Zuma's New 24-yr-old Wife (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

US Divided? Man Creates His Own Country Where Wearing 'crocs' Is Not Allowed by Karemarealty288(m): 10:18am On Jun 22, 2023
In a bizarre step, radio DJ Randy 'R Dub' Williams, after travelling to over 190 UN-designated countries across the world, has established his own micronation called 'Slowjamastan' and made himself 'Sultan' of the territory, which spreads across 11 acres in the Golden State.

The radio DJ from San Diego, after visiting so many countries, decided to create his own country under his rule.

"I've seen some incredible places that many people do not get the chance to travel to … What's next for me, it's to make a country of my own," Williams said while speaking to FOX 5.

The micronation, like any other country, has rules for residents. The actions outlawed include eating string cheese by biting through it and not pulling it apart, playing 'mumble rap' music and wearing crocs.

The United States has not officially recognised the micronations, although 16 countries have stamped Williams' Slowjamastan passport. The man has claimed that 5,000 people have signed up to become his country's citizens.

Slowjamastan and other micronations are independent, however, not formally recognised by sovereign states. There are around 70 such countries around the world.

Micronation with the national anthem, parliament

Williams got the idea of creating Slowjamastan after coming across a micronation in Nevada called the 'Republic of Molossia'.

After purchasing the land in 2021, the Sultan made efforts to cultivate it into a nation and place it on the map.

The micronation has its own national anthem called 'Slowjamastan (I think It's Gonna Be an Awesome Place),' and also has a national animal - the ringtail raccoon and a 'parliament'.

The currency of Slowjamastan is the 'duble'. Speaking about the structure of the government, Williams said it's a dictatorship which becomes a democracy occasionally.

"We are a republic on some days, but on (other) days we have a dictatorship. I am the great leader that makes the rules, although sometimes … we let the community chime in on issues that are important to the Slowjamastani," the radio DJ

"The sultan is the sultan of slow jams. He loves the Boys II Men, and the Usher, and the Alicia Keys, Luther Vandross and Anita Baker," Williams said.

"That's just kind of the tie-in we wanted – the land of slow jams where people could come and just vibe out and relax," he added.

https://www.wionews.com/trending/us-divided-man-creates-his-own-country-where-wearing-crocs-is-not-allowed-606217

1 Like

Re: US Divided? Man Creates His Own Country Where Wearing 'crocs' Is Not Allowed by SalamRushdie: 10:39am On Jun 22, 2023
I support anything that bans crocs , I have never seen any sane person wear that , a slip on for very difficult greedy people

1 Like

Re: US Divided? Man Creates His Own Country Where Wearing 'crocs' Is Not Allowed by panafrican(m): 3:31pm On Jun 22, 2023
How many people live there ?
One person ( only the ruler ). cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Hamas Says Ready To Exchange 70 Hostages For a 5-day Truce / Tribute To Martin Luther King Jr. / Move Over Obama! Yar Adua Is The Messiah!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.