Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,802 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... (3138 Views)

Lone Man Repairs Highway In Ogun To Save Motorists From Gridlock / Jakpa Advise: Think Critically / Jakpa To Bolivia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... by ourunivibes(m): 6:50pm On Jun 22, 2023
Hello good day. Ealier this year, I started my Japa process via Akada process. Still in the process couple of months ago, I was offered admission in Canada, Norway, Sweden 🇸🇪 and Russia. But i had to decline the whole offers.

Mehn the rates on foreign currency transfers is ridiculous i had to ask the institutions to withdraw the admissions.

Makachi is not easy o with the whole Japa process..i was like i had the money to pay school fees but i won't be left with anything settling down and feeding. This made me to drop off the whole process. So i decided to quickly apply to Babcock Uni, paid application fee and submitted all my docs pending when to hear back from them.

Recently ,on Monday i got an offer to study M.sc in Software Engineering at Babcock. Which i perceived to be 3 semesters for my program then i can opt in for a PHD program in any country of my choice.

My classes in Babcock resumes on sept 4th. But here is a slight issue now. I have never been to Ogun state. I have stayed all my years in Enugu and Abakaliki. I need someone to recommend good place i can secure accommodation close to Babcock since i will be living off campus

I believe i am making the right call though. Considering the whole tuition fee, in Babcock i will be required to pay 1.1m for my tuition fee. And surviving in Nigeria is somehow fair on it's own if not for the whole dollar ish in the country.

Please!!! I need your suggestions
Concerning relocating to Ogun state.
I willl be going with my car and it's not SUV. I have read that Ogun have relatively the wackiest road nna ehh e weak me cry cry

I am finally in ilishan Ogun state since 8th of September 2023 with no accommodation yet. Moving to Ogun state i will say is one of the toughest decision i have ever made.

All my life i spent in the East growing up, first degree and so on. I will go straight to the point, the biggest challenge i am and currently facing now is issue of accommodation. I have been in the hotel since Sunday i got here and have really spent a lot of money so far. Is one of the challenges in life i know i will sooner or later be alright.

If you are from Ogun State please help me get an accommodation around ilishan or Ikenne. The agents i have met so far here aren't trying at all. Most of them takes you to an uncompleted building more less they are just after money basically without any apartment.

I will be updating this thread as time goes on and by this time next year i should be out of Nigeria

Here is a Recap of what have happened so far
* I have gotten an apartment in Town planning area ilishan grin. With steady power supply the only thing i can point out here is the bad road here. My car shocks don hear am. Another thing girls within this part of the country are very materialistic... No talk say i no inform you now.
* I will be writing my 1st semester exam tomorrow tongue wish me success
*I matriculated recently tongue M.sc Software Engineering in view. Below are some photos 📸

That's it for now you can ask me questions o.
And by the way i might be transferring my 1st and 2nd semester transcript to finish up in another country by 2024.

3 Likes

Re: My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... by neutralmind: 8:52pm On Jun 22, 2023
You can rent an apartment in Sagamu. Its just about 10 minutes drive from Babcock and it has all the basics like banks etc.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... by ourunivibes(m): 10:54pm On Jun 22, 2023
neutralmind:
You can rent an apartment in Sagamu. Its just about 10 minutes drive from Babcock and it has all the basics like banks etc.
Nice thank you. What can you say about the road there

1 Like

Re: My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:57pm On Jun 22, 2023
Men if you had school fees money you would have proceeded. Even with your masters its gonna be insanely difficult leaving Nigeria for a PhD when you are ready o and dollar will be exchanging like 3000 naira to a dollar by then. Maybe get the masters and find a scholarship to the US but staying back after schooling in the US is very hard except through marriage.

5 Likes

Re: My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... by ghettochild(m): 12:56am On Jun 23, 2023
Find a nice flat to rent in ilishan right there....
You will b fine..
Your brothers n sisters are there..
You can attend the 7day advertist church services..
I'd suggest the ones on campus if u like girls...
That off campus one can be very boring sha.....
But I used to go there in my 1st year n could go outside school on Saturdays if I want....
Las Las u go dey alright

3 Likes

Re: My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... by ourunivibes(m): 3:24am On Jun 23, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Men if you had school fees money you would have proceeded. Even with your masters its gonna be insanely difficult leaving Nigeria for a PhD when you are ready o and dollar will be exchanging like 3000 naira to a dollar by then. Maybe get the masters and find a scholarship to the US but staying back after schooling in the US is very hard except through marriage.

What do you mean with masters it will be insanely difficult leaving 9ja?

Most countries offers free tuition for PhD Program candidates. And you even get paid self. So how is that difficult settling down with PhD.? That's good 4 years for you to figure yourself out

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... by ourunivibes(m): 3:25am On Jun 23, 2023
ghettochild:
Find a nice flat to rent in ilishan right there....
You will b fine..
Your brothers n sisters are there..
You can attend the 7day advertist church services..
I'd suggest the ones on campus if u like girls...
That off campus one can be very boring sha.....
But I used to go there in my 1st year n could go outside school on Saturdays if I want....
Las Las u go dey alright

Thanks for your comments.
I want to ask you. When you were in Babcock what degree were you studying?
How is light in Ilishan?
How is the road too?
Are you still in Ogun state ?
Re: My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:44am On Jun 23, 2023
ourunivibes:

What do you mean with masters it will be insanely difficult leaving 9ja?

Most countries offers free tuition for PhD Program candidates. And you even get paid self. So how is that difficult settling down with PhD.? That's good 4 years for you to figure yourself out

You should have made it work now you have money for tuition. Most people going only have a few funds for their tuition and are able to still work the rest out. I pray you can get a fully funded PhD when done with your masters though.

1 Like

Re: My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... by ourunivibes(m): 12:47pm On Jun 23, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

You should have made it work now you have money for tuition. Most people going only have a few funds for their tuition and are able to still work the rest out. I pray you can get a fully funded PhD when done with your masters though.

Fully funded phd plenty for USA now. Mehn i wish i could now. But i have to calculate my risks well. Foreign currency now is something else

2 Likes

Re: My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:52pm On Jun 23, 2023
ourunivibes:

Fully funded phd plenty for USA now. Mehn i wish i could now. But i have to calculate my risks well. Foreign currency now is something else

The problem with the US is legalising your stay after. The chances of H1B visa is now 10 percent. During your time it might be 5 percent

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... by ourunivibes(m): 4:22pm On Jun 23, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

The problem with the US is legalising your stay after. The chances of H1B visa is now 10 percent. During your time it might be 5 percent

I don't even want the USA self. There are other countries i can go do my PhD in peace
Re: My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... by ghettochild(m): 6:36pm On Jun 24, 2023
ourunivibes:

Thanks for your comments.
I want to ask you. When you were in Babcock what degree were you studying?
How is light in Ilishan?
How is the road too?
Are you still in Ogun state ?
I did biochemistry
Light in town isn't bad but if u are in campus.. it's steady electricity...
Once nepa go.. na gen straight o..
Am sure most things have improved over the years.
I grad in 2010
I dey for SA

6 Likes

Re: My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... by Ge0grapher(m): 7:19pm On Jun 24, 2023
ourunivibes:

Guy, don't mind what that dude is saying.. you have made a perfect decision.. urs is even better, cos it's a private school, if you are serious u would graduate at the stipulated time and start applying to the arrays of fully funded PHD programs abroad. I am in ur shoes, but I no get money for private Uni, so I am thinking Unilag.
As per accomodation, don't worry there are lot of reasonable accomodations off campus in Babcock. It's a bubbling city with active students..

3 Likes

Re: My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... by Ge0grapher(m): 7:23pm On Jun 24, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

You have no clue what you are saying.. you can stay back if you find a job related to your field after your studies in the US. There is a process and it's quite reasonable. It even favours people who are in STEM the most sef. Pls, don't give advise on things you have limited knowledge on.

4 Likes

Re: My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:27pm On Jun 24, 2023
Ge0grapher:

You have no clue what you are saying.. you can stay back if you find a job related to your field after your studies in the US. There is a process and it's quite reasonable. It even favours people who are in STEM the most sef. Pls, don't give advise on things you have limited knowledge on.

OPT is valid for a Year. Stem professionals can extend for two more years. What happens if you don't get H1B while on OPT. For 2024, there's almost one million applicants for 85000 visas and the process is a lottery and you must maintain your H1B for at least six years to be eligible for green card. If you get laid off while on H1B, you have 60 days to find a new employer or leave the US. Except you marry an American, staying back after schooling based on work isn't beans. I think you should educate yourself more on the US immigration system.

7 Likes

Re: My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... by lastkingsman: 8:24pm On Jun 24, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

OPT is valid for a Year. Stem professionals can extend for two more years. What happens if you don't get H1B while on OPT. For 2024, there's almost one million applicants for 85000 visas and the process is a lottery and you must maintain your H1B for at least six years to be eligible for green card. If you get laid off while on H1B, you have 60 days to find a new employer or leave the US. Except you marry an American, staying back after schooling based on work isn't beans. I think you should educate yourself more on the US immigration system.

For UK what's the option/alternative of not getting COS after 2 yrs PSW?
Re: My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:30pm On Jun 24, 2023
lastkingsman:

For UK what's the option/alternative of not getting COS after 2 yrs PSW?

Find care job if nothing else works or return back to naija
Re: My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... by lastkingsman: 9:29pm On Jun 24, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Find care job if nothing else works or return back to naija

Naija beat by Balablue? grin grin

God have mercy cheesy
Re: My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... by ourunivibes(m): 10:17pm On Jun 24, 2023
ghettochild:

I did biochemistry
Light in town isn't bad but if u are in campus.. it's steady electricity...
Once nepa go.. na gen straight o..
Am sure most things have improved over the years.
I grad in 2010
I dey for SA

Alright cool. I am going for M.sc i can't live inside hostel i don pass that one o boss grin
Re: My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... by ourunivibes(m): 10:20pm On Jun 24, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Omo well not only USA is there now. More over like i said i will prefer other countries to US. Their gun violence is crazy. You need to be talking frequently with someone there. Forget the media

1 Like

Re: My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... by ourunivibes(m): 10:22pm On Jun 24, 2023
Ge0grapher:

Guy, don't mind what that dude is saying.. you have made a perfect decision.. urs is even better, cos it's a private school, if you are serious u would graduate at the stipulated time and start applying to the arrays of fully funded PHD programs abroad. I am in ur shoes, but I no get money for private Uni, so I am thinking Unilag.
As per accomodation, don't worry there are lot of reasonable accomodations off campus in Babcock. It's a bubbling city with active students..

Thanks man. I am entering there first week of July to survey area first and search for accommodation. I am thinking of moving my properties from the east here to Ogun state. Don't know what will be the best idea
Re: My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... by ghettochild(m): 2:11pm On Jun 25, 2023
ourunivibes:

Alright cool. I am going for M.sc i can't live inside hostel i don pass that one o boss grin
It's hostel for msc students sha....
It's not like the one for BSc..
U r bound by no rules..
Well you shd get accommodation in town...
U go dey ok..I'm sure the town would be bigger now in terms of population
Re: My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... by Gerrard59(m): 3:12pm On Jun 25, 2023
Ge0grapher:

The issue is not seeing the jobs but actually being sponsored. I don't think you fully understand the process of being sponsored by an American company as a foreigner. When I asked what route Nigerians used to become citizens eventually, very few replied and those who did point out that marriage is the route most Nigerians take.

https://www.nairaland.com/7535720/nigerian-students-now-americans-how

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... by ourunivibes(m): 10:55am On Jul 08, 2023
ghettochild:

It's hostel for msc students sha....
It's not like the one for BSc..
U r bound by no rules..
Well you shd get accommodation in town...
U go dey ok..I'm sure the town would be bigger now in terms of population

Hello bro i want to ask you. How safe is Ilishan. I have been reading stuffs about Ogun state that even made me to cancel the admission. Can you say something about this
Re: My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... by ghettochild(m): 9:45pm On Jul 08, 2023
ourunivibes:

Hello bro i want to ask you. How safe is Ilishan. I have been reading stuffs about Ogun state that even made me to cancel the admission. Can you say something about this
Ilishan is safe n serene...
For further security.
U can choose to stay in campus..
But all in all..ilishan is safe
My guy just finished his PhD last month n graduated.
Re: My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... by ghettochild(m): 9:55pm On Jul 08, 2023
ourunivibes:

Thanks man. I am entering there first week of July to survey area first and search for accommodation. I am thinking of moving my properties from the east here to Ogun state. Don't know what will be the best idea
They are lots of ur brothers n sisters in ilishan..
It's home to them and they do their businesses in town...
And travel to east during Xmas...
If u wanna settle down there
Just open a game ctr if u can or dstv ctr.

1 Like

Re: My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... by ourunivibes(m): 12:36am On Jul 09, 2023
ghettochild:

Alright thanks man. I appreciate i will keep you posted how everything goes through

1 Like

Re: My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... by true2home(m): 10:42pm On Sep 08, 2023
Hi,

Are you now in Babcock University?
Re: My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... by ourunivibes(m): 11:37pm On Sep 08, 2023
true2home:
Hi,

Are you now in Babcock University?

Yes i came in last week sunday. It haven't been easy getting apartment. Do you have any way to help out thanks
Re: My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... by ourunivibes(m): 10:25pm On Sep 10, 2023
ghettochild:

Boss man i am in Ilishan currently. Not been easy securing a place yet. Any idea will be fine
Re: My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... by ghettochild(m): 7:11pm On Sep 11, 2023
ourunivibes:

Boss man i am in Ilishan currently. Not been easy securing a place yet. Any idea will be fine
Whatsapp +27737839889
Re: My Jakpa Journey M.sc in Babcock University (Ilishan OGUN) To ..... by true2home(m): 10:55pm On Sep 12, 2023
send me your number and i will connect you to an apartment. ofamodu@yahoo.com

ourunivibes:

Yes i came in last week sunday. It haven't been easy getting apartment. Do you have any way to help out thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Became A British Citizen Today / Beautiful Pics Of Yoruba Land Excluding Lagos / Spain Visa Appeal Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.