Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,536 members, 7,827,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Increase In The Price Of Water - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Increase In The Price Of Water (31946 Views)

The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. / What's The Price Of A 50kg Bag Of Rice In Your Area In Nigeria / Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:57pm On Jun 23, 2023
obembet:
Subsidy will affect every business. We go survive

Wait till you survive first nah

Forcing Nigerians to live from hand to mouth is not survival.

How're you going to save and invest?

2 Likes

Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by nomolos92: 3:58pm On Jun 23, 2023
Draggun:
#250, Nassarawa Toto.

So there's a place called toto in Nasarawa, that place go make sense o

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by nairalanda1(m): 3:58pm On Jun 23, 2023
vastolord4:

Would it not have been better instead of putting the masses in too much stress. We've been doing subsidy for years why not continue till they sort everything out

We would have reached a point where we would be paying for subsidy with all our revenue plus borrowed money.

And borrowing to pay for salaries and infrastructure and so on

Till the lenders refuse to pay us any more money.

1 Like

Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by worksmart(m): 3:59pm On Jun 23, 2023
There are not enough, terrorists to be waiting for everyone.
Evolutionlove:

HerdsMen and Bandits are Waiting for Yougrin
Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by nomolos92: 4:00pm On Jun 23, 2023
drinkgarri:
It depends on the location in Ibadan and the brand. Some sell it 200 while some sell it 250. I think the surge in price of petrol affects it. But let's calm down Tinubu is doing something about it.

Lol, Tiunubu is really doing something, he's hitting the ground running and running, everything is running up
Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by inoki247: 4:01pm On Jun 23, 2023
OptimistBrain:
it's just man inhumanity to man. Over here bag of water is still #150 and #120 from truck. Una way dy south are really trying

Lol any policy na south dey use head carry am....

Buh if doz Truck uses Diesel generally or other source like all this big Factory haulage the price won't go up...
Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by nomolos92: 4:03pm On Jun 23, 2023
nairalanda1:

We would have reached a point where we would be paying for subsidy with all our revenue plus borrowed money.

So they've started borrowing from you as the lender who will never get tired of being a moomoo

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by nairalanda1(m): 4:03pm On Jun 23, 2023
nomolos92:

So they've started borrowing from you as the lender who will never get tired of being a moomoo

grin grin

Bye.
Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by CJStarz: 4:09pm On Jun 23, 2023
Fake life happened o.

[quo wete author=pocohantas post=123985581]General price increase.
Even love has increased in price. I think a bag of unpure water is about N250 - N300 in Lagos (not sure).

Why did we stop drinking tap water in Nigeria?
As a child I drank tap water and it was refreshing. I remember we would keep Ragolis containers when we are opportuned to lay our hands on table water, fill it with water and put it in the fridge. We served it to guests and no one freaked out.

We go to houses with boreholes, pay them for just one 20L rubber and that water would be strictly for drinking. Fast forward to 2023, most houses have personal boreholes and can't drink same water.

What changed? [/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by OvertheTop(m): 4:12pm On Jun 23, 2023
OptimistBrain:
it's just man inhumanity to man. Over here bag of water is still #150 and #120 from truck. Una way dy south are really trying
Try buy from shop first....
Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by CyberHustle: 4:16pm On Jun 23, 2023
6 or 7 bags for N1000 from truck and N200-N250 retail.
Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by OvertheTop(m): 4:18pm On Jun 23, 2023
yusluvad:
A lot did changed, but you've just spilled out the bitter truth!😊😊

fake life also happened too.
some even consider Sachet water drink as poverty.

they buy 18.6 liters of 1 bottle CWAY for N800-N1k which is just Equivalent to just 2 Bags of Sachet water

Going back to Pump water or Clean borehole is the Key

pocohantas:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by vastolord4(m): 4:19pm On Jun 23, 2023
nairalanda1:

That means no one plans for the citizens and why should it be that way? It's really not reasonable to be unreasonably proactive towards the citizens you govern
Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by Harmony92(f): 4:24pm On Jun 23, 2023
FalseProphet1:
Even microphone batteries has increased, how am I going to prophesy on Sunday when fuel and microphone batteries are very expensive. I really have to relocate my ministry to another country, business isn't moving like before in Nigeria. cry

This I have seen.
hahahaha the Lord will direct you on what to do on Sunday grin
Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by OvertheTop(m): 4:27pm On Jun 23, 2023
Flame77:
It's 200 from truck and 250 at retail shops here in GRA ikeja

wow shocked 200 from Truck. that's wicked.

1 Like

Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by femijamz: 4:29pm On Jun 23, 2023
The protests now is "bring back our buhari"
Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by obembet(f): 4:36pm On Jun 23, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

Wait till you survive first nah

Forcing Nigerians to live from hand to mouth is not survival.

How're you going to save and invest?

No matter the price of the fuel, can never be poor
Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by BennyDGreat: 4:37pm On Jun 23, 2023
landmark86:
Funny country
Citizens with greediness
Oral B that I bought #650 last month was sold to me #750 last week

It may not necessarily be greed. 1 month is a long time....a lot of stuff could happen during the time making the next supply price shoot up.
Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by Aemmyjah(m): 4:41pm On Jun 23, 2023
pocohantas:
General price increase.
Even love has increased in price. I think a bag of unpure water is about N250 - N300 in Lagos (not sure).

As a child I drank tap water and it was refreshing. I remember we would keep Ragolis containers when we are opportuned to lay our hands on table water, fill it with water and put it in the fridge. We served it to guests and no one freaked out.

We go to houses with boreholes, pay them for just one 20L rubber and that water would be strictly for drinking. Fast forward to 2023, most houses have personal boreholes and can't drink same water.

What changed?

Most persons don't clean their tanks
Houses these days are close
Where your Tap or borehole is, it could be behind a neighbor fence where he dig is soakaway

1 Like

Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by Sosqui: 4:42pm On Jun 23, 2023
siofragspot:
300 Naira, Ikoyi Lagoon state
We can supply your area at N200 per bag if all of you can buy 100 bags and above. We normally supply Lagos Island axes 3 times a week. You can holla me if you are interested and residents in Lagos Island and Alimosho axes. zero 8 zero 7795one74eight

1 Like

Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by Emeka71(m): 4:43pm On Jun 23, 2023
obembet:
Subsidy will affect every business. We go survive
Many happy returns ;babe.
Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by morikee: 4:51pm On Jun 23, 2023
No increase here
Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by Abudu2000(m): 4:54pm On Jun 23, 2023
The same pure water that makes me start having shortness of breath. I stock up for my children but I don’t drink it. Tap water straight up.
Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by Love800(m): 5:00pm On Jun 23, 2023
Wat do you mean by direct?

Just asking
worksmart:
Stop buying pure water, it is only borehole water put into (unhealthy) plastic sachets. Why not just drink the borehole water direct? Get your borehole water tested and if it requires filtering then filter before consuming.
Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by fabolouz1(m): 5:02pm On Jun 23, 2023
pocohantas:
General price increase.

What changed?

In the days of yore , we used to line up containers whenever it rains and we drank it like that .
Just as you said , we also went to private boreholes and fetch water which was used for drinking and other purposes , many families still do it today just that the proliferation of sachet water companies has made it easier because back in the days , people just fetch water and put them in containers or polythene bags without observing hygiene .
Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by obembet(f): 5:02pm On Jun 23, 2023
Emeka71:
Many happy returns ;babe.

Wow! God bless u dear, am very Greatful for this.. I love u ❤️
Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by Westerhoffe(m): 5:05pm On Jun 23, 2023
Yugoslavia247:
#150 at bourdillon Ikoyi.

cheesy
Really?
I see where our subsidy goes…

1 Like

Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by TruthinAction: 5:06pm On Jun 23, 2023
What else do you expect. Tinubu said that he will continue from where Buhari stopped. Una never see anything.
Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by HRprof: 5:10pm On Jun 23, 2023
Dont cry yet electricity tarrif is going at 40% increase from July 1st 2023
Feul Subsidy removed
Electricity Subsidy removed
Naira depreciated, now bank rate is high than the black market shocked
Salary of the voters remains the same
Salary of our politicians going be increase

We have entered OneChance grin grin

1 Like

Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by BadMaster: 5:13pm On Jun 23, 2023
landmark86:
Funny country
Citizens with greediness
Oral B that I bought #650 last month was sold to me #750 last week
Why are you buying Big Oral B every month? Are you bathing with it? Even if you brush thrice a day, you would still not finish it.
Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by Bukola94: 5:15pm On Jun 23, 2023
Osiki18:
Good day nairalanders. Please how much is the cost of a bag of sachet water in your area? I usually get a bag for N250 only to back yesterday and was told it has increased to N350. I stay at Choba in PH

Is the increase only in sachet water?
Is the change just in Port Harcourt?
Is the fuel subsidy also a factor?
300naira in Kwara state
Re: Increase In The Price Of Water by Lewiseze1988(m): 5:18pm On Jun 23, 2023
Yugoslavia247:
#150 at bourdillon Ikoyi.

must u play with everything.this is not politics.we r talking about what people are going Tru.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why Instant Noodles Might Not Be Good For You / 5 Children Ate Cucumber And Died In Cross River State. Graphic Photos / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Yummy Fried Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.