Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,611 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

What Is The Meaning Of Yahoo? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Is The Meaning Of Yahoo? (1183 Views)

What Is The Meaning Of "Unlimited Domains"? / The Meaning Of CAPTCHA & 6 Types Of CAPTCHA / I Am Tired Of Yahoo, I Want A Customise Domain Name. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of Yahoo? by Toonice(m): 2:42pm On Oct 03, 2011
Please from your own understanding what is the meaning of yahoo.

where is the name originated and who is the person bearing that name?

I have even cheked google but am not getting very good answer. please enlight me on the name YAHOO

N.B (Too Know NL people) Please no insult as there is no harm in asking a quetion one dont understand.

Thanks
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Yahoo? by yamakuza: 3:09am On Oct 05, 2011
"Y[/b]et [b]A[/b]nother [b]H[/b]ierarchical [b]O[/b]fficious [b]O[/b]racle,"

The Web site started out as "[b]Jerry and David's Guide to the World Wide Web
" but eventually received a new moniker with the help of a dictionary. The name Yahoo! is an acronym for "Yet Another Hierarchical Officious Oracle," but Filo and Yang insist they selected the name because they liked the general definition of a yahoo: "rude, unsophisticated, uncouth." Yahoo! itself first resided on Yang's student workstation, "Akebono," while the software was lodged on Filo's computer, "Konishiki" - both named after legendary sumo wrestlers.

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/misc/history.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahoo!

(1) (Reply)

Vb.net Crystal Report Deployment Problem / Can Someone Tell Me How I Can Rip Videos / I Need A Good Website Designer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.