Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 - Sports (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 (57592 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match?

Nigeria: 81% (147 votes)
Guinea Conakry: 18% (33 votes)
This poll has ended

CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 / Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On 19th November 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by otokx(m): 7:36pm On Oct 08, 2011
is there any need?
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by chire(m): 7:37pm On Oct 08, 2011
This was a thoroughly interesting football match. It is unfortunate that we did not win. In my opinion, i think the coach should be held responsible for "snatching a draw from the jaws of victory".

1) I think he was too hard on Enyeama. So many people begged him to forgive and forget; but he refused. I think in his effort to instill discipline into the team, he is becoming too hard and strict. He seems to be the type that finds it difficult to forgive.

2) His changes during the match raises questions about his tactical competence at this level. Why was the midfield so weak? Why did he remove Joel Obi? I honestly can not remember the last time i saw a midfield collapse like a pack of cards. Guinea could have easily scored two goals during the injury time alone.
Although i think the Guineans were lucky not to have conceeded a goal in the first half, it was obvious they came with a game plan.

3) Why was Haruna Lukman not invited? Was he injured? Or does he still harbour grudges with him?

As regarding TB Joshua's prediction before the match, i think we should have taken he seriously. At a time when everybody was looking forward to the eagles beating Guinea, Only he came out a week before the match and said that the match would not be favourable for Nigeria. He should be credited for sounding the alarm when everyone was over-confident.

On the overall, i think this elimination is good for Nigerian Football. Hopefully, this lack of qualification has brought us to earth, and i hope we now realise that we are not as super as we think we are. The NFF should use this opportunity to carry out a "post-mortem" on this ill-fated nations cup, and if necessary, carry out a restructuring and reengineering on the super eagles technical crew.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by Dgunnerz(m): 7:39pm On Oct 08, 2011
mikuz:

Which boys go play ghana on tuesday?
New Super Eagles!
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by otokx(m): 7:41pm On Oct 08, 2011
any need?
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by sylve11: 7:42pm On Oct 08, 2011
Princek12:

so we didn't qualify for the nations cup?

we qualified 4 nations cup 2013. sad cool
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by egbule123: 7:42pm On Oct 08, 2011
any hope for qualification,at least as best runners ?is hard to beleive we aint going to nations cup any hope of going?
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by efepro(m): 7:44pm On Oct 08, 2011
My morale had bn dwn since TBJ's predictn, Neva wil i watch naija match again, Even Hrtland or Enyimba nor fit play that rubbish, abeg, make i check time wey barca get match, naija no go kill pesin
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by otokx(m): 7:45pm On Oct 08, 2011
its a hopeless situation. Has sia1 resigned yet?
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by egbule123: 7:50pm On Oct 08, 2011
am a die hard football fan it will break my heart if we dont go to nations ,it will be so painfull watching other african countries play without us is there a hope of us going as best runners up?
somebody do the maths for me please
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by naylove(m): 7:51pm On Oct 08, 2011
we never played with enough desire. dat is to say. nigeria ti gan pa.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by bizgynbala(m): 7:53pm On Oct 08, 2011
now enyeama is sayin thank God i did not play, Nigeria is jinxed,
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by muyoto: 7:55pm On Oct 08, 2011
cry cry cry cry cry sad sad sad angry angry angry angry
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by otokx(m): 7:56pm On Oct 08, 2011
we thank God for the draw
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by mulumele(m): 7:59pm On Oct 08, 2011
At least the bronze medal will go to another team in 2012 because that is what Nigeria has always been winning.
That Libya qualified ahead of Nigeria indicates that Nigeria is hotter and more scorching than Libya.Do you guys agree?
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by marutimon: 8:01pm On Oct 08, 2011
Worst thing is that had Nigeria not lost that injury time goal they would have gone through as second best team,

Siasia should have not risked the win by taking of Joel Obi.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by okunoba(m): 8:06pm On Oct 08, 2011
Thank heavens we don`t have Yakubu and Amodu to blame this time, but at least they got us to the AFC and World cup tournaments.  Nigeria is paying 4 the injustice of sacking Amodu after he guided us twice to WC qualification only to be denied the fruit of his labour. Serves u guys right. U bring Oyibo man we no even qualify him own country to come and enjoy another man`s hard work. Our god the Oyibo man failed so badly it was obvious Amodu couldn`t have done worse if he had been given the chance. The evil that men do will always live with them. A lesson 4 Nigeria.

Thanks Amodu for never failing Nigeria even though your people never appreciated your accomplishment with the National Team.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by Xfactoria: 8:07pm On Oct 08, 2011
bizgynbala:

now enyeama is sayin thank God i did not play,  Nigeria is jinxed,

Fck Enyeama!!! There is no guarantee that he would stop those goals!

I would blame Siasia for the disappointing result not because he didn't invite Enyeama nor because he didn't have the right tactical approach but for his last substitution. I screamed when I saw that Joel Obi was being substituted with a striker. That was a tactical blunder. After that substitution, each time the Guineans lunched offensive, we had five Nigerian players in the Guineans half just jogging after them like pregnant women leaving the defensive duties to Mikel and the back four. I wonder if Siasia did not noticed that glaring hole in the midfield and draft a player like Nsofor there since he seems capable of holding and distributing the ball on the average.

Well, we lost the game but those players are a big let down to themselves. How can Osaze, Emenike and Obasi be kicking balls like they tied weights to their legs They have damaged their careers a great deal because they stand no chance of getting lucrative transfer deals next season since they would not feature at the nations cup. Osaze especially was a big disgrace!!!
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by montelik(m): 8:09pm On Oct 08, 2011
okunoba:

Thank heavens we don`t have Yakubu and Amodu to blame this time, but at least they got us to the AFC and World cup tournaments.  Nigeria is paying 4 the injustice of sacking Amodu after he guided us twice to WC qualification only to be denied the fruit of his labour. Serves u guys right. U bring Oyibo man we no even qualify him own country to come and enjoy another man`s hard work. Our god the Oyibo man failed so badly it was obvious Amodu couldn`t have done worse if he had been given the chance. The evil that men do will always live with them. A lesson 4 Nigeria.

Thanks Amodu for never failing Nigeria even though your people never appreciated your accomplishment with the National Team.

grin
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by zeembab(m): 8:19pm On Oct 08, 2011
Hope the outcome of this match will keep the mouth of some people shut regarding TB. Joshua.

He predicted this outcome, and it came to PASS,

At least, he deserve some respect .

A prophet is not appreciated by his own people.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by Gayigaskia(m): 8:35pm On Oct 08, 2011
Don't worry guys Niger Republic have qualified for the first time ever. So be happy and support Naija grin grin grin grin
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by houvest: 8:38pm On Oct 08, 2011
Very sad day.Very sad Afcom with Egypt Cameroun, Nigeria missing. Which kin AFCON this one come be?
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by mallorca(m): 8:39pm On Oct 08, 2011
SIASIA LIKE I TOLD YOU BEFORE, THE SPIRIT OF CHIDI ODIAH WHOM YOU REFUS TO INVITE BEACUSE OF HIS BEEF WITH JOSEPH YOBO WILL KEEP ON HURTING AND HURTING YOU TILL U DIE, Black man with Black Brain
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by MrResource(m): 8:43pm On Oct 08, 2011
I dnt want to reveal the name of <the person> because i fear what might happen to hi
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by Xfactoria: 8:44pm On Oct 08, 2011
zeem_bab:

Hope the outcome of this match will keep the mouth of some people shut regarding TB. Joshua.

Sharrrraaaaap!!!! Your fake TB Joshua predicted 1 - 0 and the game ended 2 - 2.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by chiefanan: 8:47pm On Oct 08, 2011
You guys are talking about prophet TB Joshua, Please what did he say specifically?
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by mensdept: 8:49pm On Oct 08, 2011
zeem_bab:

You guys are just as guilty of this disgrace called Nigeria abi Nigeria Super Eagles. You guys are the most stupid "12th man" any country can have. What in the freakn world does a so-called statement by a religious person have to do with soccer or anything? Imagine the Pope or the Archbishop of Canterbury commenting on games and everyone is going bonckers.

We have a serious problem in this country and that problem has been there for a long time. It's corroding all our institutions, from the Airlines, the Universities, the government, and now soccer.

Lets stop being complacent for a change
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by bong4(m): 8:54pm On Oct 08, 2011
As long as i am concern the present crop of super eagles is over bloated and over hyped. i love siasai as a coach but i am disappointed that he stucked with those guys whose allegiance is to their clubs. we should do away with the present crop of foreign rubbish and look in wards for players that have the zeal to succeed and give Nigerians a better playing style. The Eagles over time are so dull on the field that they make me sleep. No winger, no midfielder, na so so pass to me - pass to me. funny enough the passes goes to the back until the keeper gets it and passes again. Is that football? I wish John Obuh gets the Super Eagles job some day and give us exciting football, instead of this heart breaking style of the present crop. I am absolutely disappointed though this this result and performance was expected.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 08, 2011
sombody shuld pls tell me wht fedral gov.will use dt money they promised to give to our own supper CHICKEN'' if they win Guinea today, who will they now give it to?
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by Arctic(m): 9:27pm On Oct 08, 2011
Siasia is a waste of space. The only thing he is good at is sacking players who he feels are questioning his authority. He has shown he clearly does not have what it takes  to be a successful international manager.

He should resign ASAP to avoid further embarassment.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 08, 2011
So them go still waste our money travel go london to play dat friendly with ghana. Super chickens, Na sango go punish una as una allow me waste my fuel 2day.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by Lovine: 9:42pm On Oct 08, 2011
Those who hates the truth what would you now say about the man of God Prophet TB Joshua? All of you who insulted the true man of God you will now hide your ugly heads in shame. What else would you say now? The truth is before your very eyes though I know you won't believe. God of Prophet TB Joshua does not lie. Tell your pastors or chief Imams to predict something and see what will happen. Long live Prophet TB Joshua grin grin
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 08, 2011
since they moved all games from lagos to all these yeye cities,super chicken have been playing rubbish

good observation.

We should not deceive ourselves there is death of talented footballers in Nigeria that is why our football is nosediving all this while. We lacked world class players in our green eagles forget about Mikel playing for Chelsea (He plays passively).

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Patrice Evra Dresses As A Woman, Dances To Nigerian Song / Chichi Igbo's Outfit To Church Today (photos) / Callum Hudson-Odoi Recovers From Coronavirus Symptoms (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.