Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,349 members, 7,957,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:01 AM

AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 - Sports (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 (58030 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match?

Nigeria: 81% (147 votes)
Guinea Conakry: 18% (33 votes)
This poll has ended

CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 / Nigeria Vs DR Congo (0 - 2): Int'l Friendly On 8th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On 19th November 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by ARareGem(f): 9:47pm On Oct 08, 2011
We lost! We lost!! We lost!!! cry Oh well, it's nothing new. undecided
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by dinah777: 9:51pm On Oct 08, 2011
Well things like this do occur.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by A40(m): 9:52pm On Oct 08, 2011
We really did beat em silly
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by Roland17(m): 9:53pm On Oct 08, 2011
I am waiting to hear from all siasia fanatics, this guy  siasia is not different from other incapable Nigerian coaches, his tactics were tactically flawed, or substitution .
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by denitro(m): 9:54pm On Oct 08, 2011
Former Nigeria coach Amosu Shuaibu warns Samson Siasia
‘Watch your back’, Amodu warns Siasia
Posted: 2011-09-29 22:05

Former Nigeria coach Amosu Shuaibu has advised Samson Siasia to be tread with care in handling disciplinary issues with his players.

Amodu warned Siasia that the NFF, whose backing he seems to enjoy, will drop him like a leper the moment results stop going his way.

“I am absolutely in support of Siasia with his disciplinary measures, but he has to know when to apply the brakes,” Amodu said.

“The same NFF who are hailing him now will abandon him if he fails to qualify the nation for the African Nations Cup.

“The players are mature players and should be treated with respect to get the best out of them. It is becoming a fight too many for him and such things have a way of boomeranging.”

Amodu explained that he was misunderstood because of his way of handling the players.

“I respected the players because they are instrumental to the success of any coach. But many people misunderstood that to mean that I was not in charge.”

Siasia has had cause to lay down the law against the likes of Osaze odemwingie and Vincent Enyeama, with the active support of his NFF bosses, but Amodu warned that that assures nothing

“The same NFF who are backing him against these players would not think twice in deciding his fate. He should take it easy. I am an apostle of discipline, but he should watch his back,” Amodu advised.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by otokx(m): 10:16pm On Oct 08, 2011
smh at tb joshua fanatics, 1 - 0 and 2- 2 are not d same.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by emiye(m): 10:22pm On Oct 08, 2011
Nigeria finished with 11 points,   I still dont believe we cant cliinch one of the best two second placed teams?

who are the two best second placed teams with points?   someone please reply
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by Alxmyr(m): 10:24pm On Oct 08, 2011
Typical Nigerian mindset. Super Eagles lost, some are crucifying T.B.Joshua.

Is he among the players or the coach?
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by omicron(m): 10:29pm On Oct 08, 2011
Give me good players and i can do the job. They nid 2 sack 95% of d players. Leave d coaches alone. With those players, there is no coach that wil not be sacked. Period
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by Withheld: 10:46pm On Oct 08, 2011
delighted grin
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 08, 2011
This is what you get when you pass 39 year olds for 27.

Seems the big guns are out though.

No Egypt or Nigeria, the latter with her first Nations Cup omission since the 80s.

Others like Niger are going for the first time ever. Also the Zambians and even those Libyan rats!
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by GOZILLA(m): 11:06pm On Oct 08, 2011
We lost due to sissia's stupidity.Enyeama would ve organised d back 4 beta than that robot in goal.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by EfeEkarume(m): 11:15pm On Oct 08, 2011
Nigeria players can swallow up giant Guinea fowls down their tiny throat but to win against them now is more than a problem : (
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 08, 2011
"When Saturdaytribunesports contacted him, Prophet Joshua confirmed the 1-0 score line, saying that even though he did not state where the pendulum of victory would swing , he declared emphatically that Nigerians must pray fervently for Eagles'success"- http://tribune.com.ng/sat/index.php/sports/5490-eagles-beware-prophet-tb-joshua-warns.html

He got it wrong

We just need to reorganize our football team. I think the coach focused too much on scoring goals while leaving the defense vulnerable
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by jason2010(m): 11:22pm On Oct 08, 2011
This kind country sef, nothing works. Even sports, particulary football the tends to keep us together is also falling apart. What hasn't fallen apart in Nigeria except corruption? Don't that tell us that it is time to disintegrate since nothing (literally) is not working?
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by llbhuds: 11:29pm On Oct 08, 2011
what a pity
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by marutimon: 11:34pm On Oct 08, 2011
Its almost official: Were it not for that late minute eqaulizer Nigeria would have qualified as a second placed team. Honestly, Guinea didn't even need the draw to progress! Even with the lost they would have won the group!

So far the pots are as follows:

POT I:
Equitoreal Guinea, Gabon, Ghana, Cote d'Ivoire

POT II:
Burkina Faso (TBC - awaiting CAF ruling), Senegal, Morocco (TBC), Tunisia

POT III:
Libya, Mali, Guinea, Zambia

POT IV:
Angola, Niger, Botswana, Sudan (TBC)

Looks like Ghana and Cote d'Ivoire should be strong favourites to win. With Egypt, Nigeria, Cameroon and South Africa out, Senegal and Morocco are the only real competition. Zambia and Mali could be a dark horse, but I can't see them beating either Cote d'Ivoire or Ghana. If Burkina Faso and Morocco don't qualify than this is this easiest CAN ever to win,
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by Maximus85(m): 11:35pm On Oct 08, 2011
If you bet on football matches and you've not been winning as you wish, i have a solution for you. Goto: www.facebook.com/bettors.saviour
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by gbemiga1(m): 11:50pm On Oct 08, 2011
GOZILLA:

We lost due to sissia's stupidity.Enyeama would ve organised d back 4 beta than that robot in goal.
I think Siasia should apologise.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by meggaable: 11:54pm On Oct 08, 2011
why has he not for once pray against those things never to come to pass, but always prophesy and it will happen, is that a pride?
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by abbeyfx2(m): 12:04am On Oct 09, 2011
octopus-t.b-josh, !
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by mrofficial(m): 12:07am On Oct 09, 2011
I thought the players went through 8 rounds of s[b]e[/b]x before coming to play? I couldn't see any seriousness in them. Naija is fuc[b]k[/b]ed up.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by amurx(m): 12:39am On Oct 09, 2011
super chickens , he should by now know what Eyeanma really mean to the eagles
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by bigsean(m): 1:05am On Oct 09, 2011
marutimon:

Its almost official: Were it not for that late minute eqaulizer Nigeria would have qualified as a second placed team. Honestly, Guinea didn't even need the draw to progress! Even with the lost they would have won the group!

So far the pots are as follows:

POT I:
Equitoreal Guinea, Gabon, Ghana, Cote d'Ivoire

POT II:
Burkina Faso (TBC - awaiting CAF ruling), Senegal, Morocco (TBC), Tunisia

POT III:
Libya, Mali, Guinea, Zambia

POT IV:
Angola, Niger, Botswana, Sudan (TBC)

Looks like Ghana and Cote d'Ivoire should be strong favourites to win. With Egypt, Nigeria, Cameroon and South Africa out, Senegal and Morocco are the only real competition. Zambia and Mali could be a dark horse, but I can't see them beating either Cote d'Ivoire or Ghana. If Burkina Faso and Morocco don't qualify than this is this easiest CAN ever to win,

Sorry bro, but i dont agree with u, cos if it was going to be the easiest CAN, then NIgeria should have qualified easily, but we didnt (cos we are not good enough, thats the fact).
Like someone stated earlier, Guinea didnt even need to draw this game to finish top of the group, yet we couldn't beat them, SHAME!!!
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by Deepfreezer(m): 1:11am On Oct 09, 2011
With all due respect TB Joshua shld please stop prophesy of Doom for this nation. Check he has never said anything positive. I like his teachings and his kind gestures towards the less privilleged. But constant prophesy of plane crash and super eagle loss is what I dnt like. Challenge to other men of
God in this nation. He prophesys pray against it. Chikena.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by infinix(m): 1:24am On Oct 09, 2011
x factoria or what ever you call yourself, SHUT THE FUCKING HELL UP! first leg was 1-0 you dumb ass, you just too only God knows what to admit, rubish
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by emiye(m): 2:38am On Oct 09, 2011
otokx:

smh at tb joshua fanatics, 1 - 0 and 2- 2 are not d same.

People might be saying "oh why wouldnt he just pray and change things to favour Nigeria". I cannot just do it on my own. Im not a witch doctor, im a pastor. If a prophecy is given about a certain people, these people must agree with the man of God in prayer before God can do anything about it or else, it ll remain as it is. In my vision, i see two teams struggling and struggling for just one goal. Then in the second half. One of the teams scores. That goal will decide the match. Hmmm, well. . . All i can say is that the game does not favour Nigeria. God showed me even the guinea player that ll score the goal that ll decide the match but me revealing his name will mean endangering him on that day. But with God, all things are possible o. First of all, we have to play our own part. Pray as if all depends on God. Play football as if all depends on you. Thank you. . . . . . . Words of the man of God, PROPHET T.B JOSHUA on sunday 2nd october, 2011”

The above where is exact words, he never mentioned 1-0, with the benefit of hindsight you can go through it again,
i think people only tried filling the gap with the 1-0 thingy. The video is on one of the threads

The part i love most about the prophesy was pray as if all depends on God AND PLAY FOOTBALL AS IF ALL DEPENDS ON YOU.
It shows no matter what prophecy, good or bad, you've got your own part to play=HARDWORK
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by Nobody: 3:29am On Oct 09, 2011
emiye:

People might be saying "oh why wouldnt he just pray and change things to favour Nigeria". I cannot just do it on my own. Im not a witch doctor, im a pastor. If a prophecy is given about a certain people, these people must agree with the man of God in prayer before God can do anything about it or else, it ll remain as it is. In my vision, i see two teams struggling and struggling for just one goal. Then in the second half. One of the teams scores. That goal will decide the match. Hmmm, well. . . All i can say is that the game does not favour Nigeria. God showed me even the guinea player that ll score the goal that ll decide the match but me revealing his name will mean endangering him on that day. But with God, all things are possible o. First of all, we have to play our own part. Pray as if all depends on God. Play football as if all depends on you. Thank you. . . . . . . Words of the man of God, PROPHET T.B JOSHUA on sunday 2nd october, 2011”

The above where is exact words, he never mentioned 1-0, with the benefit of hindsight you can go through it again,
i think people only tried filling the gap with the 1-0 thingy. The video is on one of the threads

The part i love most about the prophesy was pray as if all depends on God AND PLAY FOOTBALL AS IF ALL DEPENDS ON YOU.

I see both teams struggling for just one goal,

< IN WHAT FOOTBALL MATCH DO TEAMS NOT STRUGGLE TO SCORE GOALS? >

Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by ddippset(m): 3:41am On Oct 09, 2011
even if TB Joshua predicted 1-0 in guinea's favour, i think he was right. remember he said we should pray. so our prayers turned the defeat into a draw hence 2-2. so he was right. LOL.
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by Nobody: 3:52am On Oct 09, 2011
ddippset:

even if TB Joshua predicted 1-0 in guinea's favour, i think he was right. remember he said we should pray. so our prayers turned the defeat into a draw hence 2-2. so he was right. LOL.
lmaO SEE AS DEM JUST DEY CALL 1-0 THE SAME AS 2-2
1-0 MEANS 1 GOAL SCORED WHILE 2-2 MEANS 4 GOALS WERE SCORED.NOW TELL ME WHERE 1 AND 4 ARE THE SAME,OHH I FORGOT,IN NAIJA 1+1 =9
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by ominid1: 4:27am On Oct 09, 2011
grin bitter pill hard to swallow, but this failure might be a blessing in disguise. my views

1, siasia needs some re-orientation "no friend no foe" the players should not be given favourite treatment, he seems to be known for his sia sia boys rather than having the best players play for us. Martins,Etuhu,Shittu for instance still deserve to play for Nigeria

2, Many of our players are over hyped, mikel for instance seems to play like a chairman on the field loses the ball carelessly and hardly gets it back himself. I am aware he contributes incisive and intelligent passes ,but he needs to up his game by addessing how he burdens the other players.

3, We should expect another humiliation from Ghana ,come tuesday, unless the ghananians don't want to damage our pride. Sia Sia is a good coach but he needs to create the best atmosphere for excellence.I strongly think a tactical review committee should be set up by the NFF to review a coach plan of action before a game . I dont know if such exists at te moment. The present situation is a wake up call .I will not advocate a 3rd coming of amodu shuaibu. Leave sia sia for now. grin grin grin grin cool
Re: AFCON Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Guinea Conakry (2 - 2) On 8th October 2011 by emiye(m): 4:30am On Oct 09, 2011
@muskeeto,  did you follow/see the match?

At 2-1, Nigeria felt they needed 1 more goal , That is where the struggle comes in. The Guineans wanted to equalise to guarantee top position. I guess you have not blocked your mind

You dont struggle for goals when you are winning 4-0, and their is no need to score 5.

Struggle comes in a close encounter, , not always in every encounter.

If Nigeria was leading 4-0 today, they can pass the ball around in their own half playfully, like they did against the argentines

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Nigeria Under-17 Star Victor Osimhen Completes Spurs Move / Awoniyi Posts Photo Of His Wife And Son To Mark His Wedding Anniversary / The Trophies Unveiled By FIFA For The 2018 World Cup In Russia. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.