Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,763 members, 7,831,450 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% - Autos (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% (24947 Views)

Brand New/highest Quality Tokunbo Cars With Fully Paid Duties.. No Worries. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by Nononsense247: 2:27pm On Jun 27, 2023
budaatum:

Shut me up or kill me if you can.

I do not want Tinubu to fail. If Tinubu fails, it's me and my family and you who will suffer while Tinubu will end up much richer.

My prayer is for anyone who gets there to succeed...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by Nononsense247: 7:04pm On Jun 27, 2023
Samakus:

Giver of premature death, weldone o cheesy

Premature death inventor grin
If you want the country to fail because Obi is not there ... Na thunder go strike you
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by Nononsense247: 7:05pm On Jun 27, 2023
lexy2014:

You didn't answer the questions.

Pls what is my business with obi?

Are u acknowledging that the present administration is dishing out bad news on its own?

Did anyone force the administration to dish out bad news?
Na you sabi the bad news you dey here up and down
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by Nononsense247: 7:07pm On Jun 27, 2023
Blaze14k:

Hehehe๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I don't wish anyone failure. I only wish u happy suffering. To me I think he is doing a very good job. Theres light at the end of the tunnel๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Oga I no fit suffer with any kind government... Secured my future a very longtime I tell you .. I don hustle wella back then...
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by Nononsense247: 7:07pm On Jun 27, 2023
komzy589:

Sorry, how old are you?
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by lexy2014: 7:11pm On Jun 27, 2023
Nononsense247:

Na you sabi the bad news you dey here up and down

You haven't answered the questions.

Are u acknowledging that the present administration is dishing out bad news on its own?

Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by lexy2014: 7:15pm On Jun 27, 2023
grandstar:

The shock therapy approach is usually the best than the gradualism approach. With the gradual approach, you'll keep coming back to your vomit.

Where. Are the savings from diesel and kerosene subsidy removal? This year, the estimated budget deficit was estimated to be 3.24% of GDP. The subsidy on petrol was supposed to cost $10bn this year which is about 2.3% of GDP. By ending the fuel subsidy, this reduces the budget deficit and prevents the country adding to the debt burden hanging over the country. The budget deficit will now be about 1% of GDP.

Where. Are the savings from diesel and kerosene subsidy removal?
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by Nononsense247: 7:52pm On Jun 27, 2023
lexy2014:

You haven't answered the questions.

Now I get
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by Blaze14k: 8:44pm On Jun 27, 2023
Nononsense247:

Oga I no fit suffer with any kind government... Secured my future a very longtime I tell you .. I don hustle wella back then...

Lets not deceive ourselves the country is currently in a mess
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by Samakus(m): 8:55pm On Jun 27, 2023
Nononsense247:

If you want the country to fail because Obi is not there ... Na thunder go strike you

Thunder manufacturer... oshe
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by Nononsense247: 9:23pm On Jun 27, 2023
Samakus:

Thunder manufacturer... oshe
Thunder ooo... Kill all Tinubus Enemy
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by Nononsense247: 9:24pm On Jun 27, 2023
Blaze14k:

Lets not deceive ourselves the country is currently in a mess
Bros... Even blind person knows this... We can only hope it get better
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by Samakus(m): 10:09pm On Jun 27, 2023
Nononsense247:

Thunder ooo... Kill all Tinubus Enemy

Now, run along bro. You have been freely entertained
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by Nononsense247: 10:32pm On Jun 27, 2023
Samakus:

Now, run along bro. You have been freely entertained
Oponu
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by boladez(m): 1:59am On Jun 30, 2023
wasuka14:
No matter how anyone kick. Certainly government can't continue to pay subsidy on dollars and petrol. That's the fact. Let's face it and find different solutions around it. There is no problems without solutions. This is an Era of thinking, Era of looking for different solutions to the problem we face instead of kick and complaining. Let's think.

Prickie, you have been fed with sewage and you are believing it hook line and sinker because you do not read and you do not have much of grey matter! This is what government have fed you with and you believe it without thinking. You have been deceived and you have no
Re: Naira Devaluation Pushes Up Vehicles Duties By 40% by boladez(m): 11:32am On Jun 30, 2023
wasuka14:
No matter how anyone kick. Certainly government can't continue to pay subsidy on dollars and petrol. That's the fact. Let's face it and find different solutions around it. There is no problems without solutions. This is an Era of thinking, Era of looking for different solutions to the problem we face instead of kick and complaining. Let's think.

Prickie, you have been fed with sewage and you are believing it hook line and sinker because you do not read and you do not have much of grey matter! This is what government have fed you with and you believe it without thinking. You have been deceived and you have no memory to understand you are being circularly deceived by governments. Even you staying in one room apartment in osogbo is hailing subsidy removal...the space between your ears is as white as cotton! business activities are grinding to a halt, more people are dropping their cars and smes are closing down , go to Instagram and search. When fewer people drive , the mechanics, spare parts dealers , filling stations all suffer, you will notice the filling stations have laid off many attendants, this is the country slipping into recession and people like you will not see it coming until it hits you like a train.

Food, Fuel and Energy are too important to any country that no sensible government will leave it to the run free and in the hands of capitalists. US spends not less than 50B USD on fuel subsidies every year. Power and energy drives a country , why do you think US plays around with its strategic reserves of certain foods, fuel and power...it seeks to keep those costs and outputs between certain tolerable bands. What do you think the COLD war was about?

Note the following:
Petrol drives everything in Nigeria , transport, power, SMEs. It is too strategic to mess around with , also government lies that petrol subsidy benefits the elites, this is a lie from hell. Subsidies are a scam benefiting people in government.

Government has forced you to swallow the following reasons for increase in pump price;

Smuggling - it is governments job to stop millions of litres of fuel moved by tankers not wheel barrows out of Nigeria , you have a president and customs and all the services that have official cars , FG spends billion on them only to claim on the pages of propaganda that fuel is smuggled out of the country. Government cannot fail and make the citizens pay for its failure

FX - If the government run refineries were working , we will not need as much FX to import fuel, again govt cannot put its inefficiency and failure on the people...infact we will earn forex by exporting same refined products. The only way to then fix the FX problem is to produce and export more ...simple! Buhari's government made mouth and could not fix or build new refineries in 8 years. Yet they spend trillions on the refinery revamp over the same period without anything to show in terms of output.

Corruption - Government has security services , EFCC, ICPC, Police, DMI that should investigate and recover stolen monies. One of the key characteristics of a failed state is NON state actors are stronger than the government. How can you make people pay for corruption in government? Its like stopping food money at home because your wife is inflating the bills! Go after the people who have stolen money if you are an effective government. Avoiding the people who are stealing and inflicting pain on masses is defeatist and trust me teh same people wh are stealing subsidy money , will steal from the alternative sources government has put the money. One ex governor came on air national TV to say he was approached by one of the "CABAL " who was tired of making money , both the ex governor and the alleged thief are still walking free, it tells you government is supporting and in bed with the thieves, infact, the CABAL re the people in government. Today Diezeani is challenging the government to take back her loot.

All the governments that promised massive development from subsidy removal have failed and refused to meet their pacts with the people of Nigeria, this will not be different , its the same same same people in Government. Instead they will buy new cards build luxury houses for the officials and long convoys and buildings โ€ฆ will budget billions for food and entertainment of themselves and their cronies. The citizens will get the short end of the stick...always and always

Buhari removed subsidy and deregulated severally , that made the inflation spiral out of control and Nigeria slipped into recession.....it takes a special type of slowness to not realise that petrol is the back bone of SMEs in Nigeria. All of a sudden we hear subsidy payments came from a deregulated process. Untill we have rails and other modes of transport and power , Petrol remains the main driver to everyone not only the elites and rich.

The subsidy on Diesel, Kerosene and Aviation fuel was removed and its all tales of woe! Infact kerosene has vanished and out of reach of the average nigerian,all the people who traded and were employed in the kerosene business are now out of that work. Government is lying to you and the dumbos are believing.

Note this post and tell me I was right six months from now. I am a business man and I have jacked up my prices to accommodate the salary raises given, Additional costs of inputs and fuel. I have increased my product lines by at least 40% to cover the replacement costs and admin expenses. If power is increased I ill jack up my costs further by another 10 to 15%. All you jailing government's insensitivity as action will eat your yam raw. Just be honest to come back and admit.

Solutions

Go after those who have stolen subsidy money and stealing crude oil...recover it and put in the economy.
Go into JV with reputable companies to revive refineries
Help neighboring countries build distribution network by guaranteeing loans to Nigerian companies to help them....this will kill smuggling
enhance export of refined products from Nigeria
remove all inhibitions to export ( it is easier to import ino Naija than to export)

You are not thinking but the guys who are stealing the money are thinking. They are squeezing your necks and you re hailing them, do you know about 30 to 40% of what you pay at the pump goes to government in taxes? import duties , levies and vat? check the last price template of NNPC.

prickie , wake up and smell the coffee, leave politics and partisanship plus tribalism...your eyes will be clear over time!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ademlabi:the Real Deal For Cars From Cotonou. / 2021 Model Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Fully Loaded Toks / Year Model And Chassis Numbers (vin)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.