Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,840 members, 7,841,194 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Cement Price Fall: Dangote To Construct Rail Lines - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cement Price Fall: Dangote To Construct Rail Lines (7880 Views)

Dangote To Invest N500bn In Two 550km Gas Pipeline / The Bricklayer’s Explanation To Oil Price Fall, Naira Devaluation & Everything / Dangote To Invest $12 Billion In Nigerian Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cement Price Fall: Dangote To Construct Rail Lines by deols(f): 3:42pm On Oct 04, 2011
shocked smiley wink
Re: Cement Price Fall: Dangote To Construct Rail Lines by queensmith: 4:03pm On Oct 04, 2011
dayokanu:

The good thing about Dangote is that he kept is money within Nigerian economy and provided jobs for millions.

many others sent their money abroad and provide jobs for people abroad

explain?

he makes his money from Nigeria, materials are sourced in nigeria, consumers remain in Nigeria. Sending his business abroad isnt even an option. besides for the prices he charges i doubt he can take business far elsewhere?
Re: Cement Price Fall: Dangote To Construct Rail Lines by dayokanu(m): 4:06pm On Oct 04, 2011
A lot of our millionaires source their money from Nigeria send it abroad.

We have a lot of Nigerians who have refineries abroad.

They source the money from Nigeria, The crude is from Nigeria, send it abroad to their refineries and create jobs and infrastructures in those economies
Re: Cement Price Fall: Dangote To Construct Rail Lines by otokx(m): 4:21pm On Oct 04, 2011
Dangote is trying, YES but are we not tired of hearing future tense statements.
Re: Cement Price Fall: Dangote To Construct Rail Lines by Reference(m): 5:15pm On Oct 04, 2011
I am yet to see an enterprise on earth that didn't wish it was a monopoly. Rather it is active competition that improves quality and ultimately addresses pricing.

The government on its part can only regulate, it cannot compel any man to invest.

To his credit while others sit on their hands and mourn the infrastructure drought he creates his own solutions.

Tommorrow they will complain yet again that you are a rail monopoly. How do I know this. There's been nothing but complaints about Bi-Courtney's MM2.

That's Nigeria for you. A nation of can't do's.

So if government does not build a rail line. Does it mean we will never have one.
Re: Cement Price Fall: Dangote To Construct Rail Lines by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 04, 2011
oKyrian:

that man is trying but i will never forget what Mr dangote and formal president Obasanjo did during his tenure as the president of this country when they sophisticated other cement companies license from importing materials for cement manufacturing and enabled only his own. somebody like Mr Ibeteto nearly died after having his goods hijacked at the ship port. I think that evil is enough to nail him

It was Lafarge WAPCO cement that petitioned the presidency about Ibeto cement and NOT Dangote Cement. Stop misleading folks due to your envy and malice for Dangote!! The FG withdrew Ibeto's cement import licence in 2005 simply because he refused to comply the FG's cement backward integration policy drawn up in 2001. Ten years later, Ibeto has still not invested in local cement production setting himself up again in 2013 when the FG plans to revoke all cement import licenses in favor of local cement manufacturers
Re: Cement Price Fall: Dangote To Construct Rail Lines by ikeyman00(m): 8:35pm On Oct 04, 2011
@@@@@

so fool can wake up one day to cut down tree to build rail line anywhere he wants

planning commission nko??
Re: Cement Price Fall: Dangote To Construct Rail Lines by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 04, 2011
Reference:

I am yet to see an enterprise on earth that didn't wish it was a monopoly. Rather it is active competition that improves quality and ultimately addresses pricing.

The government on its part can only regulate, it cannot compel any man to invest.

To his credit while others sit on their hands and mourn the infrastructure drought he creates his own solutions.

Tommorrow they will complain yet again that you are a rail monopoly. How do I know this. There's been nothing but complaints about Bi-Courtney's MM2.

That's Nigeria for you. A nation of can't do's.

So if government does not build a rail line. Does it mean we will never have one.

GBAM!

@ Topic

Nigerians only know how to talk and complain while people like Dangote are investing and reaping the benefits. Its only in Nigeria that high price/shortage of a product does not stimulate its citizens to research, develop and supply competing alternatives. All they do is groan and cry out helplessly like babies to the government.

We do nothing and hate those who are doing something! Dangote is safe in Nigeria because Nigerian entrepreneurs are not courageous enough to do what he is doing i.e invest in the real sector. That is why he is relatively free from competition. All the so-called competition want to do is import the same products he is manufacturing at high costs  in Nigeria thereby driving him out of business. And they expect him to watch them do it without playing hardball?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Discussing Fuel Subsidy Removal (please Let's Keep The Discussion Civil) / Wealth Principles And Business Quotes! / Heritage Bank's Oniko Emerges Leadership Excellence 2022 Banker of the Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.