Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ (27331 Views)

Expedite Action On Recapitalisation, CBN Tells Banks / Bank Recapitalisation: 17 Out Of 24 Banks Might Not Meet CBN Capital Requirement / Bank Recapitalisation: Presidency Backs CBN, Investors Rush For Mega-Banks Stock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ by AngelicBeing: 11:08am On Jun 26, 2023
SoftP:
Long epistle of St. Paul
Gbamsulotely, Muchecheche, end of thread grin
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ by Nobody: 11:09am On Jun 26, 2023
tonytony208:

If you choose to defend a lie intentionally to the detriment of over 200 million People, you are worse than a dog

You must be from the Clan where children greet their parents in the morning with sliding tackle! The self-righteous Obi supporters who know everything and cry marginalisation and victimisation when everyone can see that they're the Aggressors. Nsogbu Nsogbu politics, if you know what I mean.
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ by Risingblue008(m): 11:09am On Jun 26, 2023
b0rn2fuck:
Hunger in the Land , it should lead to success, I know some Anti-Tinubu will want to make the job difficult but Tinubu shall succeed, that's is why he is called JAGABAN.

Stop saying rubbish my friend,
Pple are suffering and don't think u are an exception
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ by Curious345: 11:10am On Jun 26, 2023
Is fcmb bank safe?
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ by Confirm4real(m): 11:10am On Jun 26, 2023
Another job loss in the Banking industry loading...
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ by tonytony208(m): 11:12am On Jun 26, 2023
Okealaaye:

You must be from the Clan where children greet their parents in the morning with sliding tackle! The self-righteous Obi supporters who know everything and cry marginalisation and victimisation when everyone can see that they're the Aggressors. Nsogbu Nsogbu politics, if you know what I mean.

Lolz. You are one of the idiots, who think anyone not defending the drug dealer is automatically from a particular clan.

You are as daft as the rest. grin

The way you and your fellow idiots attack Peter Obi, it's obvious you have no honour for your parents.

1 Like

Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ by HighTable(m): 11:13am On Jun 26, 2023
🤣
Nice one!
SoftP:
Long epistle of St. Paul
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ by ConfidentialDoc: 11:14am On Jun 26, 2023
Mergers and acquisitions loading.
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ by MondayOsunbor(m): 11:16am On Jun 26, 2023
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ by gentposh: 11:17am On Jun 26, 2023
Ruskov:

Devaluing a currency , moves your country forward?
Did you ask Venezuela, Laos , Cambodia if it moved their country forward? What did you score in Economics?

Why didn't China accept to devalue the Yuan? And why is Vietnam, even with a devalued currency battling to remain relevant despite all odds?
Do not make me start asking some questions I am not supposed to ask.

Oga I suppose you are the CBN next governor having scores A1+ in economics...

I also presume you scored very badly in English language since you couldn't read in-between the lines from my statement

Very ridiculous!
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ by b0rn2fuck(m): 11:18am On Jun 26, 2023
Risingblue008:

Stop saying rubbish my friend,
Pple are suffering and don't think u are an exception
when I followed OBI, them change my name from Wale to Chukwuemeka, let the suffer continue, I hope Tinubu make the right decision, I don join there queue since them say I was Yoruba betrayers, even if hunger finish us, let's be happy about it
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 26, 2023
b0rn2fuck:
Hunger in the Land , it should lead to success, I know some Anti-Tinubu will want to make the job difficult but Tinubu shall succeed, that's is why he is called JAGABAN.

Did you read the content of the thread? Or you just felt the need to rush and litter the front page with Tinubu's praise singing?
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ by osothermal(m): 11:26am On Jun 26, 2023
lavylilly:
If you have money leave Nigeria
I swear

1 Like

Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ by MT: 11:27am On Jun 26, 2023
lavylilly:

abroad is shielded from biting inflation, right?

1 Like

Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 26, 2023
mcmurphy132:
Who get Time to dey read this long episode.

Abeg anybody to brief am for me

To run a bank, like any other business, there's a basic capital you must have. That capital is measured according to the dollar rate at any given time.

Over the years, seeing how naira has fallen drastically, most of the banks have lost their basic capital. A lot have merged with others because they couldn't keep the shop open anymore. The existing banks as of this moment, will have to gear up to increase their capital base from the previous amount, if they want to stay in business.

That means, more banks are going to fold up and be merged into others. Same way Diamond banks staffs across the Nation lost jobs when the bank merged with Access, is the same way more people are going to lose their jobs in the banks that will fold up.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ by SuccessfulRichi: 11:31am On Jun 26, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool

I didn't read anything. I swear. But let everyone just suffer at once and get sense later. In fact Nigerians are not complaining. We like suffering and smiling. Remember this is Africa not America. We like hard labour to soft life.
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ by advanceDNA: 11:32am On Jun 26, 2023
mcmurphy132:
Who get Time to dey read this long episode.

Abeg anybody to brief am for me

Summary.....everybody go see red for tinubu hand.... as in.......everybody
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ by SuccessfulRichi: 11:36am On Jun 26, 2023
specialmati:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin celebration everywhere, if you are not celebrating na you sabi. if you are not earning in dollars you are wrong. now i see why many youths are into yahoo yahoo. imagine hitting 20000 dollar now omo .APC came to steal,kill and destroy
Who told you that Yahoo dey pay again. Ask yahoo boys for street. How'fa. Except you're talking about Yahoo plus AKA ritualists😂😂
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ by ECIDSGO: 11:36am On Jun 26, 2023
[quote author=ajimo54 post=124042798]

Fake News. We have heard that before. Tell that to the marines
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ by 43Ronin: 11:37am On Jun 26, 2023
Access bank right now

Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ by ECIDSGO: 11:38am On Jun 26, 2023
ajimo54:

Naira is not devaluated. Naira is floated to compete with FX at the market! If you want to make Naira strong pls do not import anything. Patronize made in Nigeria. Desist from doing nonsense on the social media and think about what you can do to start a company. All your quests for dollars, Euro, Pounds to settle school fees in the UK, US and Europe contribute to the fall of Naira. How can the Federal Government continue to defend the Naira by pegging it for you to be favoured so u can import products that will kill the economy? Pls, export more and import less! Once the Federal Government fixes insecurity, our farmers will produce more and there will be raw materials to fee the industries and to export. Youth, wake up! You can generate light and be selling to ur communities! You can do legit businesses that can fetch you money! Tis is the time!

Fake news Tell that to the marines. We don hear this gist before
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ by relagze: 11:41am On Jun 26, 2023
Benin Republic Import almost everything they use but their currency is stronger than the Naira. I hope one day we will all sit down an decide where we are going as a Nation because obviously, we just want the country to die.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ by SOSPITAS(m): 11:42am On Jun 26, 2023
[quote author=SalamRushdie post=124042237]Tinubu has set himself up for failure , after the new electricity tarriff I don't see how he can recover again [/quote]

Tinubu's government is carrying out the loan policy of IMF to the letter; if you recall, the past government borrowed a huge sum from IMF during COVID-19, making Nigerian among the top 10 debtors to the organisation. To pay back this loan, the IMF laid down stringent policy akin to austerity measure which is what is playing out. Similar pressure was placed on Tunisia asking them to remove subsidy on food which the government flatly refused fearing another Arab Spring; they are currently seeking to join brics. I can bet you what Will come next for this government will be the sells of government asset.

1 Like

Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ by specialmati(m): 11:50am On Jun 26, 2023
SuccessfulRichi:

Who told you that Yahoo dey pay again. Ask yahoo boys for street. How'fa. Except you're talking about Yahoo plus AKA ritualists😂😂
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin serious the country is a mess now
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ by Advision: 12:12pm On Jun 26, 2023
tobenuel:
Abeg an analyst should summarize it for us

Job loses in the bank sectors looming as banks trim cost and merge to meet possible new capital requirements
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ by baralatie(m): 12:28pm On Jun 26, 2023
A needed solution for the banks
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ by Treadway: 12:35pm On Jun 26, 2023
Fighter2029:
Buhari chastised Nigerians with whip, Tinubu Will chastise them with a scorpion,at the end,all the senseless tribalism will end and people will gain sense .
never! It will never happen! That much i'm sure of and can bank on anyday anytime.
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ by jUeLiZ: 1:02pm On Jun 26, 2023
lavylilly:
I have money but I'm just confused. I don't really have a skill. Don't which to go for. And I know it's not going to be easy over there. I'm just scared of going there to fail

1 Like

Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ by yewit37486: 1:04pm On Jun 26, 2023
ajimo54:

Naira is not devaluated. Naira is floated to compete with FX at the market! If you want to make Naira strong pls do not import anything. Patronize made in Nigeria. Desist from doing nonsense on the social media and think about what you can do to start a company. All your quests for dollars, Euro, Pounds to settle school fees in the UK, US and Europe contribute to the fall of Naira. How can the Federal Government continue to defend the Naira by pegging it for you to be favoured so u can import products that will kill the economy? Pls, export more and import less! Once the Federal Government fixes insecurity, our farmers will produce more and there will be raw materials to feed the industries and to export. Youth, wake up! You can generate light and be selling to ur communities! You can do legit businesses that can fetch you money! This is the time!

Exactly. Nigerians want to continue with the usual and expect a magical change. Doesn't work that way. Everyone has a role to play.

1 Like

Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ by masseratti: 1:04pm On Jun 26, 2023
This sensational headlines lately from some papers are just funny, what was average Nigerian gain with the last recapitalisation? Nothing.. If the CBN is doing its job very well, making sure the backs risk portfolio is not more than what will erode depositors fund... Capitalisation is just a paper money that is not real, they should stop fooling the general public. The banks were the beneficiary of the old system, funny enough the new system is also in their favor, Because now they will be in competition with BDCs, and abokis on the street. It's just a win win situation for the bank.
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ by lavylilly: 1:06pm On Jun 26, 2023
jUeLiZ:
I have money but I'm just confused. I don't really have a skill. Don't which to go for. And I know it's not going to be easy over there. I'm just scared of going there to fail
Which country comes to mind?
Are you educated?
Which skill do you have?
Give yourself a year or two to learn skill driving, electrician, plumbing they are needed over here
Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Banks Heading For ‘recapitalisation’ by Georgejeez: 1:18pm On Jun 26, 2023
Someone should summarise please .

In Layman's language o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BREAKING: Lagos Govt Demolishes Shops Near Ikeja Computer Village / Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know / Custom Officials, Soldiers Raid Lagos Rice Stores. History Repeating Itself?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.