Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

What I Noticed In My Neighborhood - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What I Noticed In My Neighborhood (40418 Views)

What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child / Something I Noticed In Relationships And Marriages / Have You Noticed This About Families These Days? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Nobody: 7:46am On Jun 28, 2023
ukaface:

Smh
🤦🏾‍♀️
Nothing is wrong with me o oga
Let the small nyash shake in peace
How am I claiming oldie? Because I Dey wonder how school children Dey cope?

Wait fess, person wey finish secondary school 2011 no reach to claim oldie? Abi is something wrong with that bayi?

Which kain shaming be this one bayi? Nawa o

Okay you sef don try.

But Na Smallie you still be Anyway.

4 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by njelrapheal: 7:50am On Jun 28, 2023
BornToSucced:
Please if you are reading this and you earn 150k upward, please save and switch to solar.

I know the initial capital investment can be high, but try. In my case, I saved for 6 months to pay for the entire system. To add to that, I bought the batteries, inverter, and solar panels myself, then call a technician to install.
How much did it cost you and how much panels, inverter rating and batteries did you purchase.
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by azpekuliar: 7:50am On Jun 28, 2023
fortunechy:
Nigeria as a country was created to entertain other countries..... It's finished. Even the rich now cries...

This your opening comment is hilarious.
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by amadil14(m): 7:51am On Jun 28, 2023
Relocate to Port Harcourt.
Almost all areas in Port Harcourt have constant light.
Light have been on for over 3days now without a blink.
ceeceeuwa:
I live on the island where you can sarcastically call Lekki phase 4 😀. The electricity destribution here is nothing to write home about. Infact you can count the number of hours you have light over here in a month. They bring it for few minutes each day for a couple of days towards when it is time for them to destribute the bills. People here have been generating electricity for themselves by using their generating sets.
Infact, it is no longer news that most Nigerians have lost hope in the Discos .
In the wake of the fuel subsidy removal, I discovered that the few homes who could afford fuelling their generating sets hardly do so. Even the more affluent ones that other residents rely on to charge their phones when ever they put on their Gen set have gone 😫.

Those that could confidently run their Gen all night preceding the subsidy removal only power it on for few minutes to pump water then off it goes.

The one that baffled me last night was that I looked out my window and everywhere was so dark except for the moonlight. Even a building close by that I could confidently say they have been having light all night for the past 2 years of my residing here was out of light last night. Which way Nigeria? 🤷

The standard of living of Nigerians have dropped drastically!

Abeg someone should help me calculate how much we have saved from the subsidy since May 29 let me collect my own share and know wether na solar panel and inverter I go use my own buy 😫.

Calculating.....
4 trillion x 29 days = ??

I just tire😥
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by njelrapheal: 7:55am On Jun 28, 2023
Abudu2000:
that is the bright thing about the island. It is expensive so very few touta can afford to pay expensive rate of living hence they run back to their mainland land. I wa raised in mainland but i tell you this I would rather run gen 24hours on the island than 24hours supply on mainland. Mainland if filled with illiterates and hunger ia privalent there. Spare me that crap that there are rich ones on the mainland coz there’s none lol. I used to think I know rich people till i got to island and i saw theres a whole new meaning of wealth, you are not rich if you drive a 2012 car in 2023 lol dont tell me you are saving or living low key. Island here we have rolls royce users just cruising and living their best lives. Even at the expensive fuel rate now see people still drifting and reving in rush hours. Island is a cruise only if you can afford it though.
How many people on the island drive 2012 cars in 2023. How many people own a 2023 rolls royce or any other choice cars on the island. Oga no de misyarn. @pocohantas say if you have the mans stay on the island. If not find ur level. The issue here is that some who know its not thier level still force there way to stay there for reasons which are not entirely reasonable although it may be to them. I have a colleague paying 800k for room self by all standards that is absurd.

3 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Nicols(m): 8:06am On Jun 28, 2023
BornToSucced:
Please if you are reading this and you earn 150k upward, please save and switch to solar.

I know the initial capital investment can be high, but try. In my case, I saved for 6 months to pay for the entire system. To add to that, I bought the batteries, inverter, and solar panels myself, then call a technician to install.

Correct guy.
I had 1m and was looking for a loan of 700k to meet up with the 1.7m quotation that my friend who happens to be a solar expert gave me until my wife suggested that we go to Alaba and buy the little we can get for the moment before prices go up. Surprisingly, we got everything that we needed for the installation within 1m. Everything apart from cable which I late bought from my neighborhood.

7 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Blazadenise(m): 8:08am On Jun 28, 2023
this removal of fuel subsidy, had made me to cut off some expenses, normally i budget 5k for my Gen for 1weeks, normally on gen 3/4hours daily,aside when i have important match to watch over the weekend if light no dey,before this subsidy remove we do have atleast 16hours light in "lakowe" ibeju, lately we barely have 3hours light daily.have to stop subscribing for Gotv 5500 now 6400 for now, instead use buying more of data to watch Netflix, have small Solar box that charge all my gadgets,light comes mostly @ midnight till morning so my fridge is always freezing and chilling. Someone said foodstuff is expensive here, that is a fact lie, food item is more cheaper here than mainland,my water is super clean,i was born on the mainland "iyana ipaja" only move down to lakowe 4years ago. The only thing i find expensive here are cloths, shoe,normally thiz stuff are cheaper to get coming from iyana ipaja... My business is kind if very close to me, maximum of 3 bus stop to my place.anytime i have things do on the mainland, i leave mostly weekend, barely will i experience serious traffic leaving the island by weekend.

3 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by randymirrors(f): 8:10am On Jun 28, 2023
ravensckar:
You see Pocohatas & that other one called Kobojunkie both of them always type like people who reason from their an*us. I too sabi wan kill them! The day I handled Kobojunkie, na since then she dey avoid me. Pocahatas, I never get her time yet. Breakfast na turn by turn. cheesy cheesy

You're the one talking with bile in your gut. If you win over an argument with a woman, it's because she let you win. Free your deluded mind.

6 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by azpekuliar: 8:18am On Jun 28, 2023
pocohantas:

Ijegun especially. I suspect NEPA get personal beef with them.

Idimu/Egbeda

Akowonjo. One of the best parts of the mainland hinterlands as far as mains power supply is concerned.
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Nezzjnr: 8:20am On Jun 28, 2023
Maysdevices:
Maybe as rich but not richer.

That’s impossible.
Dey play cheesy cheesy

I'm even going too far by mentioning Ikeja.

Enter Magodo Phase2.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Nezzjnr: 8:22am On Jun 28, 2023
I know of a Man that has Two houses at Dolphin Estate Ikoyi but chose to rent an Apartment in Ikeja GRA because of heavy connections.

3 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by randymirrors(f): 8:54am On Jun 28, 2023
pocohantas:

Please have my time. I would also like to show you why I am Pocohantas...

Perfect response.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Icrave4u: 9:03am On Jun 28, 2023
Are you seeking attention or what? Pls rest
abeg !
randymirrors:

You're the one talking with bile in your gut. If you win over an argument with a woman, it's because she let you win. Free your deluded mind.

3 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by bigbauer(m): 9:03am On Jun 28, 2023
pocohantas:

I never spoke for you. I am sure I didn't tag you in that comment.

I also never expected your first reply, so I would be pleased now that I wouldn't have to deal with another reply from you.

Typical Tier4 Island aggresiveness. grin

Typical Tire4 Island got me cracking. I've stayed in phase1, phase2, at a point I even stayed at Alpha Beach, and I can tell you for free Lagos Island isn't worth the hype, it's one of the most corrupt places in Nigeria, the headquarters of all forms of social vices, prostitution, lesbianism, gay, the whole LGBTQ thing.

And IMHO it's one of the worst places to train a child, 7out of 10 female (18+) is in one form of prostitution (I consider all forms of multiple sexual partners as prostitution) or the other, the same with the males.

Lemme not get started on the poor sanitary condition of the place especially when it rains, + lack of water (no thanks to the ocean).

In summary, Lagos Island no worth am.

I'm grateful that I escaped the madness called Lagos I dey one bush around middle belt Nigeria, clean air, no congestion, access to good and fresh food, etc. Make una dey una Lagos.

7 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Slynation(m): 9:04am On Jun 28, 2023
Chidolalar:

Hafa have lived in commissioner quaters too wen I was still an undergraduate but no longer there again for now due to accomodation problem. I stayed around excellent lodge side
Which side in quarters are u staying
I don't want to put my exact location out there, but it's just within demonstration school...

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by SolarEngr(m): 9:10am On Jun 28, 2023
ceeceeuwa:
I live on the island where you can sarcastically call Lekki phase 4 😀. The electricity destribution here is nothing to write home about. Infact you can count the number of hours you have light over here in a month. They bring it for few minutes each day for a couple of days towards when it is time for them to destribute the bills. People here have been generating electricity for themselves by using their generating sets.
In the wake of the fuel subsidy removal, I discovered that the few homes who could afford fuelling their generating sets hardly do so. Even the more affluent ones that other residents rely on to charge their phones when ever they put on their Gen set have gone 😫.

Those that could confidently run their Gen all night preceding the subsidy removal only power it on for few minutes to pump water then off it goes.

The one that baffled me last night was that I looked out my window and everywhere was so dark except for the moonlight. Even a building close by that I could confidently say they have been having light all night for the past 2 years of my residing here was out of light last night. Which way Nigeria? 🤷

Abeg someone should help me calculate how much we have saved from the subsidy since May 29 let me collect my own share and know wether na solar panel and inverter I go use my own buy 😫.

Calculating.....

I just tire😥

I am a SOLAR ENGINEER, check the last thread on my profile (solar inverter Installation) go through the thread, if you like what you see, send a Dm.
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by randymirrors(f): 9:17am On Jun 28, 2023
Icrave4u:
Are you seeking attention or what? Pls rest
abeg !

Who are you?

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by ukaface(f): 9:18am On Jun 28, 2023
Evolutionlove:

Okay you sef don try.

But Na Smallie you still be Anyway.
okay

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 28, 2023
ukaface:
okay
Babie Yo!❤

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by ElValiente(m): 9:25am On Jun 28, 2023
ceeceeuwa:

Calculating.....

I just tire😥

Just say you want to yab lakowe area lol. Na 8pm to 12am my people dey run gen now grin
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Icrave4u: 9:26am On Jun 28, 2023
You will know soon!
randymirrors:

Who are you?
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Abudu2000(m): 9:52am On Jun 28, 2023
njelrapheal:

How many people on the island drive 2012 cars in 2023. How many people own a 2023 rolls royce or any other choice cars on the island. Oga no de misyarn. @pocohantas say if you have the mans stay on the island. If not find ur level. The issue here is that some who know its not thier level still force there way to stay there for reasons which are not entirely reasonable although it may be to them. I have a colleague paying 800k for room self by all standards that is absurd.
baba no one is forcing anything but I think life is too short to take nonsense all in the name of a cheap neighborhood. I grew up at mainland and know how what i had to endure because I started in a serene environment before my dad lost his job then he relocated to lagos and had to start all over. It wasn’t easy for me adapting. I don’t need to explain much but mainland is for people who are messed up mentally because it you really value peace you would find a noisy environment attractive. 800k in a fair environment to me is better that a 3bedroom flat in en environment where you are constantly exposed to danger. Mainland ppl go dey jealous of ho dey use camry big daddy can you imagine, big daddy that most islanders won’t board as uber. Last week here I visited mainland and it was almost like i was visiting a foreign country coz it’s been long i saw a yellow bus with a bus conductor. Any youth that start out on the mainland has already place a high odd on his ability to fail
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Sweetvie: 9:57am On Jun 28, 2023
pocohantas:

Nothing is wrong with it, but don't claim to meet great minds there. Have you met Elumelu?

Or because you met your fellow oversabis with bogous startup plans, you feel you have arrived? Great minds indeed. You think say na by big English? Use fat tie wan choke yourself.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Efilse: 10:52am On Jun 28, 2023
pocohantas:

I never spoke for you. I am sure I didn't tag you in that comment.

I also never expected your first reply, so I would be pleased now that I wouldn't have to deal with another reply from you.

Typical Tier4 Island aggresiveness. grin

The perfect response!!! You're a class act!

3 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by tosinhtml: 11:01am On Jun 28, 2023
0taPiaPia:

Geographically, that stretch is an island. Just that most people have narrowed it down to the most inhabited and influencial part of that location.

Yes you are correct, which is why I am trying to get more explanation from that guy but he never replied. I was thinking maybe my geography rusty cheesy

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Chidolalar: 11:06am On Jun 28, 2023
Slynation:
I don't want to put my exact location out there, but it's just within demonstration school...
Ok I know demonstration skul.
It is close to where I was staying while I was still in awka. Pls do u stay alone and can u accommodate me while I look for job around awka
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Meerahbel: 11:31am On Jun 28, 2023
Blazadenise:
this removal of fuel subsidy, had made me to cut off some expenses, normally i budget 5k for my Gen for 1weeks, normally on gen 3/4hours daily,aside when i have important match to watch over the weekend if light no dey,before this subsidy remove we do have atleast 16hours light in "lakowe" ibeju, lately we barely have 3hours light daily.have to stop subscribing for Gotv 5500 now 6400 for now, instead use buying more of data to watch Netflix, have small Solar box that charge all my gadgets,light comes mostly @ midnight till morning so my fridge is always freezing and chilling. Someone said foodstuff is expensive here, that is a fact lie, food item is more cheaper here than mainland,my water is super clean,i was born on the mainland "iyana ipaja" only move down to lakowe 4years ago. The only thing i find expensive here are cloths, shoe,normally thiz stuff are cheaper to get coming from iyana ipaja... My business is kind if very close to me, maximum of 3 bus stop to my place.anytime i have things do on the mainland, i leave mostly weekend, barely will i experience serious traffic leaving the island by weekend.
Which food is cheap on the island?
How much is a kilo of turkey and chicken on the island?

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Meerahbel: 11:33am On Jun 28, 2023
pocohantas:

Ijegun especially. I suspect NEPA get personal beef with them.

Idimu/Egbeda
I think 🤔 they have offended PHCN according to my uncle.
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Efilse: 11:35am On Jun 28, 2023
Eagba:
your ajegunle background has got you on the defensive on this island matter. You are struggling to make up for your developmental deficiency

You got that right

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Jagermeister(m): 12:23pm On Jun 28, 2023
Maysdevices:
Yep. The contempt is just crazy.

The island is also nothing special as you have said. However I prefer it to most parts of the mainland.

Yes. Agree.
Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by njelrapheal: 1:48pm On Jun 28, 2023
Abudu2000:
baba no one is forcing anything but I think life is too short to take nonsense all in the name of a cheap neighborhood. I grew up at mainland and know how what i had to endure because I started in a serene environment before my dad lost his job then he relocated to lagos and had to start all over. It wasn’t easy for me adapting. I don’t need to explain much but mainland is for people who are messed up mentally because it you really value peace you would find a noisy environment attractive. 800k in a fair environment to me is better that a 3bedroom flat in en environment where you are constantly exposed to danger. Mainland ppl go dey jealous of ho dey use camry big daddy can you imagine, big daddy that most islanders won’t board as uber. Last week here I visited mainland and it was almost like i was visiting a foreign country coz it’s been long i saw a yellow bus with a bus conductor. Any youth that start out on the mainland has already place a high odd on his ability to fail

The problem here is that the island is no different from the mainland as much as people want to make it seem.

Also you make a mistake when you generalize that way at the bolded.

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My Neighborhood by Youngsage: 2:03pm On Jun 28, 2023
ravensckar:
Another fallacy of hasty generalization! I live in Sangotedo area and I can conveniently tell you that we enjoy close to 12 hours of power supply in my estate. Other than traffic & the expensive cost of living, Island is a great place to live in. It is relatively peaceful and filled with great minds. Unlike the mainland which is the den of criminals (cultists and robbers). All those temple runs that you guys experience on the mainland is not here. Run from robbers, run from cultist fights, run from police raid, run from 1 million boys, etc.

PS- I was born and brought up in Ajegunle, so I know what it's like to live on both the Island and mainland. Before marriage, I prayed to God to never allow me raise my kids on the mainland (Ajegunle precisely) and God answered my prayer. cheesy cheesy

You were born and brought up in Ajegunle, little wonder you think the entire mainland is a den of criminals as that is all what you were exposed to while growing up.

You don't wanna know how many Lekki landlords live on the mainland lmao.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? / Court Declares The Power Of Ikoyi Registry To Conduct Marriages In Lagos NULL / What Would You Do If Your House-Girl Did This To Your Child? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.