Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

GTB: I Was Shocked With a Transaction not initiated be me! (pictured) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTB: I Was Shocked With a Transaction not initiated be me! (pictured) (2753 Views)

Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) / What Does It Mean Transaction Not Permitted To Card Holder / Banks To Pay N10,000 Fine For Failed Transaction Not Reversed Within 24hrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GTB: I Was Shocked With a Transaction not initiated be me! (pictured) by McLizbae: 11:12pm On Jun 27, 2023
Just got debited N1075 for card renewal fee and the vat on it.

I didn't go to bank neither did I initiate any renewal electronically.

So I wish to ask, do GTB ar​bi​trarily debit customer for card renewal?

I really wish my account is not being hacked or something..

Please help.

1 Share

Re: GTB: I Was Shocked With a Transaction not initiated be me! (pictured) by correctyourself(m): 11:20pm On Jun 27, 2023
McLizbae:

Please help.

Yes, they do.

4 Likes

Re: GTB: I Was Shocked With a Transaction not initiated be me! (pictured) by Thekaghan: 11:21pm On Jun 27, 2023
Nigerian banks are getting targeted by scammers that failed to jam clients abroad so my candid advise is that you should try move the money in your account to my account till sort the issue out with your bank.

6 Likes

Re: GTB: I Was Shocked With a Transaction not initiated be me! (pictured) by chival(f): 11:34pm On Jun 27, 2023
They do. Once your card expires, you will be debited to cover the cost of a new card, after which you will be advised to pick up your new card at a designated branch. The debit amount is usually N1075.00.

11 Likes

Re: GTB: I Was Shocked With a Transaction not initiated be me! (pictured) by budaatum: 11:52pm On Jun 27, 2023
₦1075 for a bank card is theft! The card is to enable you assess their service for which you park your money with them so they can make profit off you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: GTB: I Was Shocked With a Transaction not initiated be me! (pictured) by advanceDNA: 12:32am On Jun 28, 2023
McLizbae:

Please help.

.if u ddnt cancel auto debit card renewal after the first card u got on the account..Gtb will automatically make debit card for you when the old one becomes expired. as u can see its not free...

kpele...u go dey alright

1 Like

Re: GTB: I Was Shocked With a Transaction not initiated be me! (pictured) by Collins4u1(m): 1:02am On Jun 28, 2023
simply go and opt out of auto renewal. you're simply not informed.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GTB: I Was Shocked With a Transaction not initiated be me! (pictured) by overdrive(m): 4:37am On Jun 28, 2023
Wema did same to me.tho a new account without any previous ATM card.was debited a thousand plus and asked to come pick up my ATM.
I totally ignored the thieves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GTB: I Was Shocked With a Transaction not initiated be me! (pictured) by strangebutreal(f): 5:21am On Jun 28, 2023
This isn't a banking hall dear. If you don't find it cool, kindly visit your bank immediately and file a complaint.

Meanwhile, watch this and thank me later ♥️😉

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0lc7isy2u0
Re: GTB: I Was Shocked With a Transaction not initiated be me! (pictured) by helinues: 6:12am On Jun 28, 2023
Imagine zenith bank charging you for Atm maintenance fee monthly on a card which expired more than 3 years ago. Most of the Nigeria banks are armed robbers wey no dey use gun

1 Like

Re: GTB: I Was Shocked With a Transaction not initiated be me! (pictured) by Femmyfamous4u(m): 6:38am On Jun 28, 2023
McLizbae:

Please help.

It is normal. They do it once your card is about to expire.
Re: GTB: I Was Shocked With a Transaction not initiated be me! (pictured) by Enskynelson(m): 7:18am On Jun 28, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

In UBA, it is optional. You have to choose this or you choose the option that you will apply by yourself when it expires.

1 Like

Re: GTB: I Was Shocked With a Transaction not initiated be me! (pictured) by McLizbae: 7:38am On Jun 28, 2023
That's bad and dubious sha. I purposely leave the 10k in the account for a very important reason. Now that has been jeopardized.

I don't use the card, I am not even sure where I placed the card, so I don't even know the expiry date.

So I will have to go and collect the new one in gtb abi?

To make matter worse, I am currently in a kinda remote area and the cost of transportation to the nearest gtb Bank is a fortune. I have to wait till I have more important things to take me to the town. I hope the tenure on the new card won't start counting from the date of this dubious and forceful renewal too?
correctyourself:

Yes, they do.
Re: GTB: I Was Shocked With a Transaction not initiated be me! (pictured) by McLizbae: 7:43am On Jun 28, 2023
Bro cool down. The nearest bank to my current location is many miles away. It's even very inconvenient for me to take the cost and stress of visiting the bank any time soon. To cap it, I got this alert last night. And the current holiday is gonna be forever. So I need to come to my people here for an idea on what may be happening to the account before it will be too late.
strangebutreal:
This isn't a banking hall dear. If you don't find it cool, kindly visit your bank immediately and file a complaint.

Meanwhile, watch this and thank me later ♥️😉

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0lc7isy2u0
Re: GTB: I Was Shocked With a Transaction not initiated be me! (pictured) by correctyourself(m): 7:50am On Jun 28, 2023
[quote author=McLizbae post=124079194]That's bad and kind of dubious sha. I purposely leave the 10k in the account for a very important reason. Now that has been jeopardized.

I don't use the card, I am not even sure where I placed the card, so I don't even know the expiry date.

To make matter worse, I am currently in a kinda remote area and the cost of transportation to the nearest gtb Bank is a fortune. I have to wait till I have more important things to take me to the town. I hope the tenure on the new card won't start counting from the date of this dubious and forceful renewal too? [/quote
Re: GTB: I Was Shocked With a Transaction not initiated be me! (pictured) by McLizbae: 7:50am On Jun 28, 2023
Very stressful for me now! I am sure I couldn't have intentionally filled any auto renewal. They must have done that covertly or hide the option somehow. Even data wey I dey use regularly I nor gree any auto renewal! I hope my next visit to gtb will settle this. "Hope" because I have noticed that if you wanna reverse any of their dubious policies, eh dey hard. You fit fill form many times to no effect. Corporate Thiefs!
advanceDNA:

.if u ddnt cancel auto debit card renewal after the first card u got on the account..Gtb will automatically make debit card for you when the old one becomes expired. as u can see its not free...

kpele...u go dey alright
Re: GTB: I Was Shocked With a Transaction not initiated be me! (pictured) by correctyourself(m): 7:51am On Jun 28, 2023
McLizbae:
That's bad and kind of dubious sha. I purposely leave the 10k in the account for a very important reason. Now that has been jeopardized.

To make matter worse, I am currently in a kinda remote area and the cost of transportation to the nearest gtb Bank is a fortune. I have to wait till I have more important things to take me to the town. I hope the tenure on the new card won't start counting from the date of this dubious and forceful renewal too?

The card comes with expiring date of about 3years so you can pick it anytime.

It happened to me and i have actually relocated from that town and they said it can't be transfer to GTB nearest to me, so, i left the card with them.
Re: GTB: I Was Shocked With a Transaction not initiated be me! (pictured) by McLizbae: 7:53am On Jun 28, 2023
I hope my next visit to gtb will "simply" settle this.

"Hope" because I have experienced that if you wanna reverse any of their dubious policies, eh dey hard. You fit fill form many times to no effect. Corporate Thieves
Re: GTB: I Was Shocked With a Transaction not initiated be me! (pictured) by McLizbae: 8:02am On Jun 28, 2023
Wait! Same here now sir o! I opened the account and collected the card in Ondo state. I am currently shuttling some projects in the north eastern part of the country. I'd tot I will be able to collect the card whenever I can enta any gtb in town around here... Eweeeee!
correctyourself:

The card comes with expiring date of about 3years so you can pick it anytime.

It happened to me and [/b]i have actually relocated from that town and they said it can't be transfer to GTB nearest to me, so, i left the card with them[b].
Re: GTB: I Was Shocked With a Transaction not initiated be me! (pictured) by advanceDNA: 8:24am On Jun 28, 2023
McLizbae:
Very stressful for me now! I am sure I couldn't have intentionally filled any auto renewal. They must have done that covertly or hide the option somehow. Even data wey I dey use regularly I nor green any auto renewal! I hope my next visit to gtb will settle this. "Hope" because I have noticed that if you wanna reverse any of their dubious policies, eh dey hard. You fit fill form many times to no effect. Corporate Thiefs!

We all dont read terms and condition.... its all in the fine print.....

.. i tried to cancel mine as i ddnt see the point of having cards for 4 different banks...
they ddnt cancel it... in fact the branch said they dont have the authorization or platform to initiate the cancel request of a customer....
But that i will get an email close to the expiration of my current card.....baba all na scam

1 Like

Re: GTB: I Was Shocked With a Transaction not initiated be me! (pictured) by ExudeLoveToAll: 9:16am On Jun 28, 2023
chival:
They do. Once your card expires, you will be debited to cover the cost of a new card, after which you will be advised to pick up your new card at a designated branch. The debit amount is usually N1075.00.

Do they still do that? Their is a machine that you can print your card with 24hrs of the day in front of the bank.

I have also been debited twice for card I printed few weeks ago from same bank though I initiated the debit card printing from the bank's card machine.

If the money is removed not for the purpose it meant for the he needs to be careful.
Re: GTB: I Was Shocked With a Transaction not initiated be me! (pictured) by TBforgive: 9:26am On Jun 28, 2023
Choi! Where una dey see all these money? You're wealthy
Re: GTB: I Was Shocked With a Transaction not initiated be me! (pictured) by McLizbae: 10:30am On Jun 28, 2023
O wrong nau... 🙄🙄🙄
helinues:
Imagine zenith bank charging you for Atm maintenance fee monthly on a card which expired more than 3 years ago. Most of the Nigeria banks are armed robbers wey no dey use gun
Re: GTB: I Was Shocked With a Transaction not initiated be me! (pictured) by McLizbae: 1:18pm On Jun 28, 2023
I guess the scam is on those who ain't using the card. I opened the account in Ondo state and I am presently in Adamawa State. Like someone just narrated here, I may not even be able to collect the card untill I go back to the branch I open the account from. That simply mean: even if I need the card in here now, I will have to go to another gtb bank and get another one with another N1075 charges. Most system in this bxtxh is damn fraudulent!
ExudeLoveToAll:

Do they still do that? Their is a machine that you can print your card with 24hrs of the day in front of the bank.

I have also been debited twice for card I printed few weeks ago from same bank though I initiated the debit card printing from the bank's card machine.

If the money is removed not for the purpose it meant for the he needs to be careful.
Re: GTB: I Was Shocked With a Transaction not initiated be me! (pictured) by ExudeLoveToAll: 2:11pm On Jun 28, 2023
McLizbae:
I guess the scam is on those who ain't using the card. I opened the account in Ondo state and I am presently in Adamawa State. Like someone just narrated here, I may not even be able to collect the card untill I go back to the branch I open the account from. That simply mean: even if I need the card in here now, I will have to go to another gtb bank and get another one with another N1075 charges. Most system in this bxtxh is damn fraudulent!

I get you, we want a better system.

1 Like

Re: GTB: I Was Shocked With a Transaction not initiated be me! (pictured) by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 28, 2023
Thekaghan:
Nigerian banks are getting targeted by scammers that failed to jam clients abroad so my candid advise is that you should try move the money in your account to my account till sort the issue out with your bank.

Hmm
I smile in an unknown language... 😏

1 Like

Re: GTB: I Was Shocked With a Transaction not initiated be me! (pictured) by chival(f): 12:57am On Jun 29, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

A new ATM card can be printed immediately in your presence at the bank upon your request if your card is stolen, lost or damaged. I have done this with Zenith. You'll still be charged for it. However, in the case of expiry, the bank prints a new card for you shortly before the old one expires and you will be notified. My GTBANK Mastercard is usually printed and ready for pick up 2 to 3 weeks before expiry. I believe the idea is to prevent you from being stranded once your card expires.

If you were debited twice for a new card, you should visit your bank and lodge a complaint about it.
Re: GTB: I Was Shocked With a Transaction not initiated be me! (pictured) by Whois(m): 6:41am On Jun 29, 2023
Download gtworld, you can stop auto renewal via the app

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GTB: I Was Shocked With a Transaction not initiated be me! (pictured) by McLizbae: 7:25am On Jun 29, 2023
Wow I have the app here... Please help me on how to surf the app and stop this scam🙏
Whois:
Download gtworld, you can stop auto renewal via the app
Re: GTB: I Was Shocked With a Transaction not initiated be me! (pictured) by McLizbae: 7:35am On Jun 29, 2023
Na still big cooperate scam! If the bank already have an instant card production technology, why do they still go on to prepare and keep a card for a customer (they knew may not need it at that time, because s/he never requested for it), and still charge the customer!? Haba!

Now gtb and others that pull this scam know quite well that majority of people (including me now) they do this to will never come and pick the card. So I doubt any card was even produced after debiting the hundred of thousands of accounts with N1075. The card will still be produced for you instantly if you eventually show up at the designated branch, else you will pay again if you have to go to other branch. Cooperate thieves!
chival:

A new ATM card can be printed immediately in your presence at the bank upon your request if your card is stolen, lost or damaged. I have done this with Zenith. You'll still be charged for it. However, in the case of expiry, the bank prints a new card for you shortly before the old one expires and you will be notified. My GTBANK Mastercard is usually printed and ready for pick up 2 to 3 weeks before expiry. I believe the idea is to prevent you from being stranded once your card expires.

If you were debited twice for a new card, you should visit your bank and lodge a complaint about it.
Re: GTB: I Was Shocked With a Transaction not initiated be me! (pictured) by McLizbae: 7:41am On Jun 29, 2023
Why? I mean why do they produce card and keep for me when I can also work ito the bank any time and produce one for myself instantly?
Femmyfamous4u:

Re: GTB: I Was Shocked With a Transaction not initiated be me! (pictured) by uche393: 8:01am On Jun 29, 2023
that's their auto renewal system, I personally like it because I'll just go and they activate and take it home without re-applying.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dangote Signs $115m Cement Deal With Cameroon / A Good Business To Start In Abuja With 700,000 / Gambling Can Wreck Your Life If You Don't Stop Now:A True Life Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.