Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:10 AM

WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen (24984 Views)

WHO Finally Declares Aspartame The Coke Sweetener As A Possible Carcinogen / These Soft Drinks Contain Aspartame — WHO Declared ‘Possibly Carcinogenic’ / Aspartame Sweetener In Coke To Be Declared Possible Cancer Risk By WHO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by Yankee101: 5:23pm On Jun 29, 2023
Avoid non natural food additives all together
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by WeirdAlien: 5:25pm On Jun 29, 2023
I've always told those who cared to listen. Your normal sugar is safer than Aspartame
I don't talk sweet foods and drinks, but if I have to choose a Coke, it will never be Diet Coke!
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by Edusouls(m): 5:39pm On Jun 29, 2023
Since Africans started eating the whitemans junk food poison in the name of modernity and being classy , terminal diseases like cancer which Africans are not know to suffer from, have now a exploded, cancer is cutting people down everywhere including Africa, soon una eye go open say white people introduced lots of harm into this world
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by favour32(m): 6:26pm On Jun 29, 2023
I have said several times in this forum.
Run away from refined food especially sugar!
Yesterday!
I said, leave soft drinks of any type as your mitochondria will be energetic and happy.
Cancer is on the rise!

1 Like

Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by purpleicious(f): 6:29pm On Jun 29, 2023
I knew and that's why I don't drink zero coke.

1 Like

Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by olamilarks(m): 6:30pm On Jun 29, 2023
Hopium:

SOURCE: https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/whos-cancer-research-agency-say-aspartame-sweetener-possible-carcinogen-sources-2023-06-29/
Took them long enough, remain acesulfame k, Sucralose and other dangerous artificial sweeteners!
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by chatinent: 6:44pm On Jun 29, 2023
Coke is about to die a natural death.
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by AfDapone: 6:44pm On Jun 29, 2023
inoki247:
Lol Wahala no too much like this Make Coke go bribe WHO shocked sad shocked

To come die now you've to use your money to buy the death maybe na why Poor people dey live long pass rich people.....

I've been dey tell people since the age of Sanz. Rich people don't die of malaria nor typhoid. They are been fooled into consumption of sweet sugarless food and drinks. Not knowing they are buying their death with their money.
I warned many when zero coke came out. Few listened, but many.....tuaa.

1 Like

Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by Greenback: 7:13pm On Jun 29, 2023
Good thing I've been long down with pepsi cool
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by Sleekfingers: 7:20pm On Jun 29, 2023
LibertyRep:
NAFDAC, take note.

Which Nafdac? There are thousands of unhealthy shits in Nigeria. Wetin Nafdac do?

Eg some tomato paste, noodles, vegetable oil, palm oil, fish, imported chickens, turkey, Canned fish, water, biscuits etc
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by sunboy(m): 7:23pm On Jun 29, 2023
fredoooooo:
They should sue them ...

We’ve been drinking coke made with High futrose corn syrup for years, and it’s even known to cause many health problems nobody have sued them for that. They will invent another sweetener to replace aspartame soon.
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by CartelKenneth: 7:25pm On Jun 29, 2023
So they've been selling us cancer wick kin rubbish be all this one Na
Forts indomie now this shit😡😡😡
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by sunboy(m): 7:26pm On Jun 29, 2023
lomprico:
I'm a coke fan anything aside the original coke is a no no for me.
Zero coke X
Diet coke X
Original coke in most countries except for some countries in Europe and Mexico that mandated their coke be made with cane sugar, the coke we drink in Nigeria included are made with High Futrose Corn Syrup… either way na still another poison lol sorry to break the news to you.
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by blowjohn(m): 8:46pm On Jun 29, 2023
omojeesu:
"Normal" sugar is NOT normal.

It is as addictive as cocaine...

Not talking about addiction.

The aspartame becomes a toxic chemical inside the human body.

Yes sugar is addictive.
Even the caffeine.

But aspartame is a whole different evil thing
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by dankorode(m): 9:35pm On Jun 29, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Na today
Abegi wetin for this life way nor dey harmful to man ?

Almost everything
na lie spaghetti no dey harmful
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by omojeesu(m): 10:04pm On Jun 29, 2023
blowjohn:

Not talking about addiction.

The aspartame becomes a toxic chemical inside the human body.

Yes sugar is addictive.
Even the caffeine.

But aspartame is a whole different evil thing

"Normal" sugar is not only addictive, it destroys health including weakening the immune system.

Take natural sugars in fruits & honey instead (not refined sugar) in moderacy.

2 Likes

Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by todugo(m): 11:20pm On Jun 29, 2023
I have said this time with out number on this platform that all these artificial sweetener are bad for health. These are found most in fruit juice, milk, soda, and baked goods. Nigerians should start reading labels of food products and what it contains,don't be concerned about Nafdac number alone. HEALTH IS WEALTH.
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by yom2(m): 11:39pm On Jun 29, 2023
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by corlin2(m): 4:08am On Jun 30, 2023
So after how many decades, Omo make dem shift jare

Always trying to distract people from the main thing
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by omojeesu(m): 7:00am On Jun 30, 2023
What year did aspartame come out?

Aspartame was approved for use by the FDA in 1981. In addition to the FDA, leading global health authorities such as the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) and the Joint FAO/WHO Expert Committee on Food Additives (JECFA) have concluded that aspartame is safe for human consumption.10 Aug 2022

https://foodinsight.org › what-is-asp...
Aspartame: What You Need to Know - Safety, Uses, and More - Food Insight

THESE ORGANIZATIONS INCLUDING WHO ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED! THEY HAVE REVOLVING DOORS WITH THE PHARMACEUTICAL & "FOOD" INDUSTRIES.
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by omojeesu(m): 7:05am On Jun 30, 2023
corlin2:
So after how many decades, Omo make dem shift jare

Always trying to distract people from the main thing

They are trying to get credibility attention as protector of global public health so that their planned bioweapons programs will be accepted.

1 Like

Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by lomprico(m): 9:26am On Jun 30, 2023
sunboy:

Original coke in most countries except for some countries in Europe and Mexico that mandated their coke be made with cane sugar, the coke we drink in Nigeria included are made with High Futrose Corn Syrup… either way na still another poison lol sorry to break the news to you.

And you think I don't know? Corn syrup is still natural form of glucose.
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by corlin2(m): 9:28am On Jun 30, 2023
omojeesu:

They are trying to get credibility attention as protector of global public health so that their planned bioweapons programs will be accepted.

Absolutely bro, these people are just criminals and worse thing is that many are asleep
Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by omojeesu(m): 8:08pm On Jun 30, 2023
corlin2:

Absolutely bro, these people are just criminals and worse thing is that many are asleep

The masses are, in general, completely ignorant.

The middle class is brainwashed mostly.

The elites don't care.

The super elites are culpable. They are in the know...

End times things!

1 Like

Re: WHO To Declare Aspartame Sweetener A Possible Carcinogen by sunboy(m): 1:04am On Jul 01, 2023
lomprico:

And you think I don't know? Corn syrup is still natural form of glucose.

Oh if you think you know then you are wrong. High-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) is an artificial sugar made from corn syrup. It is not naturally occurring, instead it is synthesized.

Only the US FDA once labeled it as natural and they have withdraw that stand after US medical community challenged them. No where is it labeled natural, it’s even banned in the EU.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lifeless Body Of A New Baby Found Abandoned In Edo State ( Graphic Photos) / NAFDAC Bans Dex Luxury Bar Soap In Nigeria / Degema Zonal Hospital, Rivers State Built By Wike (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.