Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,988 members, 7,835,315 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

My First Heartbreak - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My First Heartbreak (283 Views)

My First Heartbreak / The Greatest Heartbreak 10 / Price of heartbreak (CLUELESS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My First Heartbreak by Boredwriter: 10:15pm On Jun 29, 2023
Hi I'm new here. I love tellimg stories so i thought of writing them.
Please go through this short story and tell me what you think. Thanks 🤗

As I sat by my window in my room watching the raindrops I couldn’t help but wonder how I let myself get carried away. I always pride myself as someone who is focused and I never allowed anything to distract me but it took just some feeling to make me feel this miserable.
My name is Dora, I am intelligent, smart and beautiful infact I am the most intelligent and most beautiful girl in my department. I am free with everyone and so everyone loved me, even my lecturers liked me and where always nice to me. I am the definition of beauty and brains and thus a lot of guys wanted to date me but I wasn’t interested in anyone like I said I was focused and I felt dating was going to be a distraction for me. That was what I thought not until I met Richard. ‘Richie' as they call him. He is an engineering student, he was very handsome, had beautiful eyes and also he was very intelligent, funny and playful. I was attracted to him at first sight and soon enough I was crushing on him, and then we started talking, we became friends and before I realized it I was falling for him. Although I knew nothing about love but I knew what I was feeling for him would be classified as love and it was something I didn’t want to feel at least not for Richie because he was a guy that loves girls a lot I guess that was his character flaw, he has had his way with a lot of girls even some from my department and he even told me about some so you see why I didn’t want to fall for him.
So I tried to avoid these feelings, I avoided him and tried to have nothing to do with him but he always came out to look for me, he told me that he was obsessed with me and that he likes me so much and always want to be with me and that if possible he would love to date me, I wasn’t sure I wanted that so I told him that we couldn’t date and well he did let me be and decided to stay away from me and I guess I was glad at least I will be able to move past this feeling but as they say ‘the heart wants what it wants' so after some weeks apart, I saw that I missed his company and I just couldn’t torture myself by denying these feelings so I met up with him and I agreed to date him and my mistake was not letting him know how I wanted the relationship to go at least I would have saved myself from this misery I’m in now......Tbc
Re: My First Heartbreak by Thelastjoker(m): 10:23pm On Jun 29, 2023
[quote author=Boredwriter post=124115123]Hi I'm new here. I love tellimg stories so i thought of writing them.
Please go through this short story and tell me what you think. Thanks
Re: My First Heartbreak by Boredwriter: 5:02am On Jun 30, 2023
Continuation......

Well The relationship started off great and I loved the chemistry we had, it felt so good for me, I loved the fact that I had someone to talk about my day before I slept, and then waking up to his call and spending time with him just talking and sometimes even in the silence I just loved his presence. I knew had fallen deeply for him and I was scared that I loved him too much but I put out those fears and decided to just be happy.
I am big on sexual purity and not just because of God but because I feel relationship shouldn’t be about that but here I was in a relationship with a guy who has an opinion contrary to mine and he didn’t even know. Sometimes when we talked he does make reference to how our first time together was going to be and all but I was always quick to change the topic, I never really told him that I didn’t want that and that was my mistake right from the beginning. He always asked me to come to his place but I always had one excuse or another but then I ran out of excuses and decided to actually go to his place and face it, tell him my stand perhaps he loves me enough to take that stand with me. But I was wrong I went to his place and he did try to have sex with me but I refused and he was angry when I told him that we couldn’t have sex that I was celibate, he said he couldn’t stay in a relationship where he wouldn’t have sex. I told him I cannot have sex with him that Relationship is not just about sex and he asked me what relationship was about and I told him that I didn’t know much about relationship but I felt relationship was all about companionship, getting to know and understand your partner in order to be able to spend the rest of your lives together.
He laughed and said Fine, that it can be all about that but sex would make us closer, stronger and less boring but I disagreed with him and so he said that since we have different beliefs that we can’t be together that he won’t even pretend that he’s fine with it so it’s best we break up. I told him not to make a hasty decision that he should at least think about it, since he loves me at least he can give it a try and he said that he loves me quite alright but it isn’t enough.
I was hurt, I felt betrayed. He always told me he loved me, we even discussed about how our future will look like together and I always thought that I have found my partner for life and here he was telling me that love wasn’t enough for him. So I left, heartbroken, sad and hurt.
Well here I am in my room sitting by my window watching as the rain drops, although I’m sad, but one thing I’m glad about is that I didn’t let love make me change my stance but why do I feel like I’m the one that lost like I should have just give in cos our relationship was that beautiful that I so much miss it, I miss him so terribly but yet I hate him for causing me this much pain in my heart. Sometimes I wonder if he ever felt anything for me at all. I wish I stayed away from him when I started falling, I hate that I allowed myself fall so deeply for him. I wish I didn’t go back to him after I have told him I couldn’t date him at least I wouldn’t feel this way right now.

That's it guys please drop a comment and tell me what you think.

(1) (Reply)

2 Content Writers Needed For Long Term Content Writing Projects / I Need A Science Writers / Everything That Hasn't Spoken Perfect.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.