Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. (36189 Views)

You Should Be Old Enough To Realize These in your twenties / Grey Hair In My Mid Twenties / You Should Read This If You Have Been Trying To Conceive Without Success (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by visaclick: 12:28pm On Jul 22, 2023
A generation you canโ€™t find even an ordinary good barber is finished.
Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by GreatAchiever1: 12:30pm On Jul 22, 2023
U left out something very important; God.

Proverbs 16:9; The mind of man plans his way,
But the Lord directs his steps.

A man needs to be close to God like the very breath that he breathes.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by 7demons: 12:31pm On Jul 22, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Nice write up though

But also know this life have no certain rules

Simply put: Life no get manual.

1 Like

Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by ajog1: 12:33pm On Jul 22, 2023
ojasweb:
I actually think it's not always the best to discuss some moves with parents especially if there's a lot of financial challenges in the family.

Some family are very manipulative. Some parents, particularly mothers know how to push siblings responsibilities on their elder bro/sis.

So, i think, genuine mentors will probably do much better in that aspect.
This should be added upthere to what the op wrote. This are clearly words from a mind that has had such experience.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by Savedday2: 12:34pm On Jul 22, 2023
No waste your advice, girls wey never do ashawo finish na them you dey advice?

Your advice no go make sense till dey all turn evening newspaper.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by achimendy(m): 12:36pm On Jul 22, 2023
ibechris:
U must be very lucky to be among this age brackets.

That is because most of us who just clocked 40 or above can not reverse the hands of nature.

However, this the time and age when u should have nothing to do with laziness especially the men amongst u, hustle, work smart and hard if possible, do not cheat to enrich yourselves... it will backfire badly.

Save money, this is one crucial area that most of us don't keep up with. Many see this as the biggest task ever and like I have written in one of my writes up here, it was the money I saved during my early age as a student and during my service year that has made me what I am today. Save to invest, without savings u can't invest.

Avoid friends who only take from u, there is a motive in every relationship except for the needy among us, any relationship that is one sided and takes more from u...brothers and sisters, pls run oh.

Education is good but learn a handiwork, it is essentially important, especially a trade. U can never go wrong in it. Most igbo guys have demystified these areas and have hit it big time. The situation in the country has forwarned us that, there is not future for many in 8-5 jobs these days as most guys wished they had learnt a trade before now. After NYSC many of u will understand what I am trying to say.

Have a target, there is no rich man without a target, in fact, every organisation has its own target which they intend to achieve within a given time.

Learn to discuss ur plans with ur parents and see how far u can go...but in all, plan your life adequately

Take risk...it is very important u engage yourself in business that is profitable and risky at times and this will help u to be smart and better in any engagement u find yourself. To add to this, i have never seen or heard any rich man that has not lost money but there are many countless poor men and women who have never lost money,hence their poverty.

Finally, plan your life early and live a good live afterwards.

Good luck.

โค๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by TheFreshVanilla: 12:37pm On Jul 22, 2023
Have digital skills too ( not yahoo). $ is 800+ if you're in Nigeria. For those that are not stuppidd, that alone should be a source of motivation for you instead of chasing girls or drinking around in your poverty state. Pay the price of learning. Before 26, you can be a legit multi-millionaire.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by Columbine(m): 12:38pm On Jul 22, 2023
Nigeria as an environment limits viability. Most youths are eager to do something meaningful, but our environment which exudes corruption frustrates them.

Most people we call dummy here in Nigeria excels abroad.

God help us

6 Likes

Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by Westwood2580: 12:40pm On Jul 22, 2023
ibechris:

That is because most of us who just clocked 40 or above can not reverse the hands of nature.

However, this the time and age when u should have nothing to do with laziness especially the men amongst u, hustle, work smart and hard if possible, do not cheat to enrich yourselves... it will backfire badly.

Save money, this is one crucial area that most of us don't keep up with. Many see this as the biggest task ever and like I have written in one of my writes up here, it was the money I saved during my early age as a student and during my service year that has made me what I am today. Save to invest, without savings u can't invest.

Avoid friends who only take from u, there is a motive in every relationship except for the needy among us, any relationship that is one sided and takes more from u...brothers and sisters, pls run oh.

Education is good but learn a handiwork, it is essentially important, especially a trade. U can never go wrong in it. Most igbo guys have demystified these areas and have hit it big time. The situation in the country has forwarned us that, there is not future for many in 8-5 jobs these days as most guys wished they had learnt a trade before now. After NYSC many of u will understand what I am trying to say.

Have a target, there is no rich man without a target, in fact, every organisation has its own target which they intend to achieve within a given time.

Learn to discuss ur plans with ur parents and see how far u can go...but in all, plan your life adequately

Take risk...it is very important u engage yourself in business that is profitable and risky at times and this will help u to be smart and better in any engagement u find yourself. To add to this, i have never seen or heard any rich man that has not lost money but there are many countless poor men and women who have never lost money,hence their poverty.

Good luck.
Thank you boss. I'm not an Igbo by tribe but is it possible to learn trade apprentice after my degree. Since, I'm not an Igbo boy i don't know how to go about it.. I love the system

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by blesdman(m): 12:42pm On Jul 22, 2023
GreatAchiever1:
U left out something very important; God.

Proverbs 16:9; The mind of man plans his way,
But the Lord directs his steps.

A man needs to be close to God like the very breath that he breathes.
Where scam and laziness begins
Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by sageb: 12:42pm On Jul 22, 2023
Emmaomotob:
What do you mean by especially men? Some people just disgust me. It is not my duty to provide for a woman or to have a family. I believe men can live at least a bearable life without women. Women only bring need, worry and poverty to a man. Blessed is he that needs no woman, for only him alone can enjoy this life. But that is easier said than achieved. It pains me that the only thing I need a woman for is sex, yet it is a force that cannot be easily controlled. I have never liked them. I do not wish to hate them, I just don't want to desire them. I wish I could kill my sexual urge and see women for who they are, as burden and thieves. I only speak of relationships, not as fellow citizens, I have no problem with them. They are the shortcut to poverty and only exist to waste a man's life. The only advise I have for men is to avoid intimate relationship with them as much as possible. To have a woman is to pay a loan on money you have not borrowed. That 30000 naira phone you bought for her that her artificial head does not appreciate is not her right, use it to improve yourself. I know your hormones are high, but deign to see her for what she is - a useless, burdensome liability.

Samantha124 come and see this post๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by TiffanyJ(f): 12:42pm On Jul 22, 2023
Skyfornia:
In addition, "Fear Not"! This is one secret quality to excel in life...once you fear anything, you have given that thing power over you.

Anything you set your mind to achieve..go all out and pursue it, never relent even when it seems the thing is not working. Be diligent, prudent and inventive. It's only a matter of time, things will begin to take shape.

I started my business, the first 3 years was hell, people mocked me and laughed at me but I promised I will never let the business die. Today, the business is paying me well and people around will always wonder if it's the business that is giving me money or I'm into some shady deals๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„.
I love this.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by Geovanni412(m): 12:43pm On Jul 22, 2023
ibechris:

Good luck.

Nice one, op

To add to this, if you are in your 20s

Educate yourself about health issues

And especially sexual health issues

Do regular checkups at least once a year for STDs and for general health

A number of STDs like Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea do not show symptoms in the carriers

When it comes to sex,Safest thing to do is to abstain

But if you can't abstain, ensure you have enough money to test yourself thoroughly and treat any sickness, STDs or otherwise

Ensure you understand when to go for STD tests to avoid false positives....read this :https://www.testing.com/how-long-should-i-wait-test-std/

Also, try and train in combat sports

But while doing so, set some money aside for treating injuries and infections which may occur.

Staph infection may occur if you are training in martial arts. -https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportskeeda.com/amp/mma/what-staph-infection-mma-fighters-risk-contracting-it

Overall, take risks but be aware of all the possible blowbacks.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by Obesity(m): 12:43pm On Jul 22, 2023
Drop the information that can make people earn a living .

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by dreamxhaser: 12:43pm On Jul 22, 2023
Skyfornia:
In addition, "Fear Not"! This is one secret quality to excel in life...once you fear anything, you have given that thing power over you.

Anything you set your mind to achieve..go all out and pursue it, never relent even when it seems the thing is not working. Be diligent, prudent and inventive. It's only a matter of time, things will begin to take shape.

I started my business, the first 3 years was hell, people mocked me and laughed at me but I promised I will never let the business die. Today, the business is paying me well and people around will always wonder if it's the business that is giving me money or I'm into some shady deals๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„.

What do you do?
Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by 6ixT8: 12:48pm On Jul 22, 2023
Avoid betting.

Ok, bye.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by GreatAchiever1: 12:48pm On Jul 22, 2023
blesdman:

Where scam and laziness begins

The bible never supports laziness or idleness.
Proverbs 12:11; He who tills his land will have plenty of bread,
But he who pursues worthless things lacks sense.

Proverbs 16:3; Commit your works to the Lord
And your plans will be established.

Proverbs 22:29; Do you see a man skilled in his work?
He will stand before kings;
He will not stand before obscure men.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by Decapheno(f): 12:51pm On Jul 22, 2023
Is forex a profitable business to engage in 2023?

1 Like

Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by Zooposki(f): 12:51pm On Jul 22, 2023
Emmaomotob:
What do you mean by especially men? Some people just disgust me. It is not my duty to provide for a woman or to have a family. I believe men can live at least a bearable life without women. Women only bring need, worry and poverty to a man. Blessed is he that needs no woman, for only him alone can enjoy this life. But that is easier said than achieved. It pains me that the only thing I need a woman for is sex, yet it is a force that cannot be easily controlled. I have never liked them. I do not wish to hate them, I just don't want to desire them. I wish I could kill my sexual urge and see women for who they are, as burden and thieves. I only speak of relationships, not as fellow citizens, I have no problem with them. They are the shortcut to poverty and only exist to waste a man's life. The only advise I have for men is to avoid intimate relationship with them as much as possible. To have a woman is to pay off a loan on money you have not borrowed. That 30000 naira phone you bought for her that her artificial head does not appreciate is not her right, use it to improve yourself. I know your hormones are high, but deign to see her for what she is - a useless, burdensome liability.

We have been given the victory already. Men always screaming they are they head but our heels as women will bruise your head finally.

GEN. iii. 15. And I will put Enmity between thee and the Woman, and between thy Seed and her Seed: It shall bruise thy Head, and thou shalt bruise his Heel.

The verse below fits the male specie to a T cos they are the only ones that goes about seeking whom to rape, kill and destroy.

Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil walketh about as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by Ceemanny(m): 12:52pm On Jul 22, 2023
I think this is talking to me itโ€™s time to summon courage and go learn plumbing work before Nysc

4 Likes

Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 22, 2023
I thought women are their worst enemies
Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by chatinent: 12:54pm On Jul 22, 2023
To add to this, i have never seen or heard any rich man that has not lost money but there are many countless poor men and women who have never lost money,hence their poverty.

You for call my name directly na

Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 22, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
Still shocked that I bought my first home at Lekki at 23 after failing to launch Radio Station, TV Station and Continental NewsPaper but succeeded in other enterprises. I dreamt so big in my 20s . Now 23 years old are exploring how to give women orgasm,
keep ur achievements to yourself.. no one asked u.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by franchasofficia: 12:58pm On Jul 22, 2023
ibechris:

Good luck.
Adding to the great advice you have given, if you are a single young man reading this, please don't marry anyhow!!

Marry with wisdom. The time to marry just because of konji and to have a cooking and cleaning partner alone has gone oh.

Marry a help mate. Stop calling ladies above 30yrs evening newspapers, in fact they are the real wife materials in Nigeria of today because most Nigerian ladies start to become valuable and have sense from 30yrs. Forget about fertility, if village people hands aren't in your matter, your wife can still give birth at 35 to 43 without complications.

If you are broke or struggling financially, please never you marry a broke lady or a jobless lady with no valuable skill or career to assist you.

Forget drug trafficking news you read always that involves Igbo guys trafficking drugs, its just an insignificant number of unscrupulous Igbo men that indulge in that crime. The number one reason Igbos have the highest number of financially comfortable young men in Nigeria is simply because Igbos usually embrace entrepreneurship development from young age, which gives them an edge in whatever they do in life. Your Igbo Doctor colleague owns a small business somewhere, your Igbo Professor friend probably owns some of the grocery shops you buy things from. Your Igbo Nurse colleague probably owns a small medicine shop in one street corner. Your Igbo Pilot friend or colleague owns a small mechanic workshop somewhere. It is like a culture in Igbo land but people always misinterpret it as being money conscious or being a ritualist.

You can hardly find a true Igbo man living abroad that depend solely on his salary job. He leverages on his entrepreneurship skill and living abroad to establish a thriving business back home or in one African country while you go about gossiping about him peddling drugs or being a money ritualist.

As a financially struggling young man from a poor family background, please marry wisely, you mustn't marry the finest girl in your village to be happy, go for a lady that have the qualities to help you grow bigger and achieve a secured financial future for you and your unborn kids

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by EducatedMind369: 12:58pm On Jul 22, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
Still shocked that I bought my first home at Lekki at 23 after failing to launch Radio Station, TV Station and Continental NewsPaper but succeeded in other enterprises. I dreamt so big in my 20s . Now 23 years old are exploring how to give women orgasm,

If you don't mind; care to share how you were able to achieve that at such a young age? And I know you were not from a "rich" home, because I've read your story from your previous accounts. Thanks.
Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by franchasofficia: 1:00pm On Jul 22, 2023
Decapheno:
Is forex a profitable business to engage in 2023?
No, don't do it. Look for a physical product to promote to your friends and clique.

Avoid forex, binary option and bitcoin trading business. Focus on physical products you have absolute control. Avoid virtual business unless it requires only your skill and maybe time, dont invest your money on any virtual business till you are very financially stable

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by damoceile: 1:05pm On Jul 22, 2023
Emmaomotob:
What do you mean by especially men? Some people just disgust me. It is not my duty to provide for a woman or to have a family. I believe men can live at least a bearable life without women. Women only bring need, worry and poverty to a man. Blessed is he that needs no woman, for only him alone can enjoy this life. But that is easier said than achieved. It pains me that the only thing I need a woman for is sex, yet it is a force that cannot be easily controlled. I have never liked them. I do not wish to hate them, I just don't want to desire them. I wish I could kill my sexual urge and see women for who they are, as burden and thieves. I only speak of relationships, not as fellow citizens, I have no problem with them. They are the shortcut to poverty and only exist to waste a man's life. The only advise I have for men is to avoid intimate relationship with them as much as possible. To have a woman is to pay off a loan on money you have not borrowed. That 30000 naira phone you bought for her that her artificial head does not appreciate is not her right, use it to improve yourself. I know your hormones are high, but deign to see her for what she is - a useless, burdensome liability.

You have indeed seen the light brother..

That's how I see those gender too, I call them hindrance and obstacles..

2 Likes

Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by GOSPELTRUTH31: 1:06pm On Jul 22, 2023
If you're in your 80's you will be closer to your Grave.

Don't listen to any idiot who have no solution to Death

None of us have been here before
Do your best to live a life of peace
And without the king of peace who holds the key to death life is Rubbish.

A life filled with pains today enjoyment yesterday and sorrows from the death of our loved ones tomorrow is not life.

Jesus is Lord
Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by buzmanjohn(m): 1:06pm On Jul 22, 2023
wink
ibechris:

Good luck.
Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by pendragonbladgo(m): 1:11pm On Jul 22, 2023
Emmaomotob:

You are very right sir.
Woman keep me like this, if it's not for the fact that I have 9 life's...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Iโ€™ve Been Stripped Unclad โ€“ Mother Of Twins Killed By Drunken-Cop / Dad Pretends To Be Another Person To Find Out If His Daughter Has A Boyfriend / Different Types Of Nigerian Fathers And Their Characteristics - Meme Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.