Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. (36272 Views)

You Should Be Old Enough To Realize These in your twenties / Grey Hair In My Mid Twenties / You Should Read This If You Have Been Trying To Conceive Without Success (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by Skyfornia(m): 1:45pm On Jul 23, 2023
Yungvictory:

WHO IS THIS GUY PLS

Why do you ask?
Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by Decapheno(f): 4:13pm On Jul 23, 2023
franchasofficia:
No, don't do it. Look for a physical product to promote to your friends and clique.

Avoid forex, binary option and bitcoin trading business. Focus on physical products you have absolute control. Avoid virtual business unless it requires only your skill and maybe time, dont invest your money on any virtual business till you are very financially stable

Keyword: very financially stable. Thanks bro, you seem very knowledgeable.
Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by emmaodet: 4:15pm On Jul 23, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Most expecially, the 2nd to the last paragraph. I took a lot of risks with my little salary. I spent all my savings on traveling abroad in my 20s when my peers were busy thinking of building houses and settling down. The money on education and traveling alone was enough to build a 3-bedroom apartment in lagos. But today, according to my Muslim friends, all i can say is , alhamdulilahi cos none of those in my peer group can match me.

Life is not competition. Stop comparing yourself or achievement with others.
Will you feel bitter if they have done better than you? I guess so.
So literally, you wished they didn't which brings me to another thing have observed overtime here.
The average Nigerian traveling out never wish the ones in Nigeria to succeed nor wish Nigeria gets better.
They do say it here that they want a better Nigeria so that they can come back home but the truth is, it is a very big big lie.
A better Nigeria - with a lower exchange rate, people succeeding, driving sweet cars, building houses is a nightmare for Nigerians abroad.
How will they stomach the cold fact that nobody gives a foock about them oversea. No one cares when they come back home nor can they take advantage of cheap girls to lay nor no one births an eye on the so called passport the so much brag about because no one cares since people are living their lives and taking care of their bills.
No disturbing calls from Nigeria from relatives etc.
It will be a big night mare.
3 sets of people don't want a better Nigeria because they will become invincible - Politicians because no one will care about them anymore, Pastors because no one will go to church again for favours or miracles thereby rendering them useless.
Lastly, Nigerians abroad. Their biggest nightmare.

1 Like

Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by franchasofficia: 4:36pm On Jul 23, 2023
Decapheno:

Keyword: very financially stable. Thanks bro, you seem very knowledgeable.
Welcome
Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by Eriokanmi: 4:46pm On Jul 23, 2023
emmaodet:

Life is not competition. Stop comparing yourself or achievement with others.
Will you feel bitter if they have done better than you? I guess so.
So literally, you wished they didn't which brings me to another thing have observed overtime here.
The average Nigerian traveling out never wish the ones in Nigeria to succeed nor wish Nigeria gets better.
They do say it here that they want a better Nigeria so that they can come back home but the truth is, it is a very big big lie.
A better Nigeria - with a lower exchange rate, people succeeding, driving sweet cars, building houses is a nightmare for Nigerians abroad.
How will they stomach the cold fact that nobody gives a foock about them oversea. No one cares when they come back home nor can they take advantage of cheap girls to lay nor no one births an eye on the so called passport the so much brag about because no one cares since people are living their lives and taking care of their bills.
No disturbing calls from Nigeria from relatives etc.
It will be a big night mare.
3 sets of people don't want a better Nigeria because they will become invincible - Politicians because no one will care about them anymore, Pastors because no one will go to church again for favours or miracles thereby rendering them useless.
Lastly, Nigerians abroad. Their biggest nightmare.
Where did I compare myself with others and vice versa? I only encouraged people to take risks by harping on that paragraph. If you don't take risks, you may not succeed in life. Noting more nothing less.
I remember some of my friends back then telling me i was just wasting my time, that the embassy would only use my money to plant flowers and deny me visa to school. he's neither here nor there today.

Don't be afraid of taking risks
Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by Ajibade123(m): 12:17am On Jul 26, 2023
IyanuDeb:
We have no choice, anyone who is still lazy at this time I believe is already dead
Honestly we have no choice
Reality woke us up even before 20
Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by Ajibade123(m): 12:28am On Jul 26, 2023
seanwilliam:
very underrated comment
See eh. Bro you need to understand that no one is really responsible for you. nobody owes you anything
Re: If You Are In Your Twenties, Read This. by seanwilliam(m): 5:58am On Jul 26, 2023
Ajibade123:

See eh. Bro you need to understand that no one is really responsible for you. nobody owes you anything
I grew up with that mindset and it’s been helping me ever since.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? / Please Have You Seen This Mum & Daughter? / Baby Skin Lightening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.