Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,285 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

What Do You Have, A Career Or A Job? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Do You Have, A Career Or A Job? (159 Views)

Is Medical Sales Rep A Good Career Or Job? / What Side Career Or Business Can Go Alongside Studying Medicine? / Pursue A Career Or Focus More On My Skill? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Have, A Career Or A Job? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 03, 2023
Many mistakes their job for their career and ignore the opportunities that pursuing a career might have given them.

Although your career might be your job, a job is not always a career; what do you think you have a career or a job?

The Differences between a Job and a Career

A job steers the wheel, calls the shot, and tells you how much you are worth.

When you have a career you determine how fast or slow you go. You have the sole responsibility of determining your worth.

In a job, your value of proposition equals the amount of time you spend, hence the measure of how much you should earn.

While those who have a career measure their value through the impact they are making on humanity.

In a job, it is about how much you are ‘taking’ and what are you being offered.

When you pursue a career, your focus is on how much are you ‘giving’ in terms of your talents, skills, and your expertise.

Oftentimes, you don’t like the job but you show up anyway to ‘take.’

Career is driven by passion, you show up every day to commit to your ‘dreams’ and ‘interests’

You can easily be separated from a job; that is why you look forward to the closing hour and when you are out of the workplace, nothing about the job resonates with you.

With a job, you often contemplate how you would rather be doing something else.

You are inseparable from your career, it is who you are, it is your ‘purpose’ and you would rather not do something else.

In a job, you work around an already-designed product.

In a career, you are the product, you are the brand. The credibility of your goods or your services or your talent is built upon your personality.

I have kept a job for the last ten years, and every time I showed up at work, there is that nagging feeling of what I would rather be doing. This year, I quit my full-time job to focus on what I would rather be doing. P.S.: I work freelance jobs now.

Following this path might not be everyone’s calling. Still, those who were brave enough to pursue what they would rather be doing- although not everyone-but majority found it rewarding beyond monetary value.

Remember, I said a job can also be a career. Follow me and watch my space for my next article on how you can turn a job into a career and love it!

please share, have you kept a job before and then a career? what is the difference?

Copied
https://trendex.ng/coaching/career-for-beginners/what-do-you-have-a-job-or-a-career/

(1) (Reply)

Salary Earners Palava, What We Earners Go Through Every Month / My Personal Journey Of How I Made My First #25m Through Affiliate Marketing. / Seven Wonders Of The New World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.