Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,450 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

JAMB score scandal: Anambra hands over girl to DSS, father laments - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB score scandal: Anambra hands over girl to DSS, father laments (3505 Views)

Umahi Hands Over King David University Of Medical Sciences To Catholic Church / Father Laments As Uniabuja Denied Son Admission After Scoring 324 In JAMB / Can I Study Doctor In OAU With 106 JAMB Score?: Guy Asks; Gets Hilarious Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB score scandal: Anambra hands over girl to DSS, father laments by TonyRazor(m): 7:01pm On Jul 03, 2023
JAMB score scandal: Anambra hands over girl to DSS, father laments

Tony Okafor

Mr Ejikeme Romanus, the father of the girl, Miss Ejikeme Joy Mmesoma who claimed to have scored highest in the 2023 UMTE, has alleged that there is conspiracy to deprive her daughter of her hard earned academic success.

He said that her daughter had shown brilliant academic brilliance right from her nursery school days, stating that she had always placed first position in her classes.

Ejikeme said "We are from Oduma in Aninri local government in Enugu state, but, we live in Uruagu, Nnewi.

"Mmesoma is my first child. She had always taken first position from the time she was in the nursery school at Ogbunike Central school.

"When she was at Oba Girls Secondary school, Mmesoma was representing the school in competitions. So when she changed to Anglican Girls Secondary school, her teachers in Oba Girls came and pleaded with me, begging me to retain her in their school, that she is promoting the name of their school.

"Mmesoma cannot manipulate her UMTE score. I don't believe what they are saying.

"They just want to transfer that scholarship to another person. That is why they are saying that Mmesoma did not make that score.

"It is even her (Mmesoma's) friends that saw her score in internet and started calling her before she went and printed it out. We have the print out with us now", Mmesoma's father stated further.

Ejikeme lamented that her daughter has been feeling very sad and even crying sometimes since after her visit to the commissioner of education from where she was taken to the DSS office.

Meanwhile, Anambra state government has set up an investigation panel into the controversy trailing the authenticity of y Mmesoma's claim of scoring 362 in the 2023 UMTE.

The state commissioner of education, Prof Ngozi Chuma-Ude said the state government had congratulated Mmesoma when she was published in social media platforms that she proffered the highest score of 362 in the 2023 UMTE.

She, however, stated that the government was later to discover from the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board website that the highest score in the 2023 UMTE was 360, and, that it was another student in the state who, Miss Nkechinyere Umeh who got the score.

The education commissioner said Mmesoma was later brought to her office in Awka on Friday, June 30, by one Very Reverend Nduka and the principal of her school to protest when they saw that the state government rather congratulated Miss Nkechinyere Umeh.

She stated that when she scrutinized the print out of Mmesoma's JAMB result slip, she noticed that the result was that 2021 UMTE.

"Following Mmesoma's protest, I decided to put a call to the secretary of the JAMB, and, he told me that the highest score in 2023 UMTE is 360.

"I therefore invited the DSS (operatives) and when they came, all of us took Mmesoma to their (DSS) office for them to investigate the matter. And I made sure that Mmesoma was released to go home.

"So, the matter is still being investigated", Prof. Chuma-Ude stated further.

When contacted, the public relations officer of the Anambra state police command, deputy superintendent of police, DSP Ikenga Tochukwu told LEADERSHIP that Mmesoma's has not been reported to the police in the state.

"We are not aware of the case (Mmesoma's UMTE score forgery). So, I can comment on the issue", Tochukwu stated.
Re: JAMB score scandal: Anambra hands over girl to DSS, father laments by WhisperedNoise: 7:26pm On Jul 03, 2023
If true, then
DSS has turned to a stooge.
Very disgraceful.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: JAMB score scandal: Anambra hands over girl to DSS, father laments by MRDEE01: 7:33pm On Jul 03, 2023
Punishing a young girl for their own system glitch.
How I wish the girls parents can get a good lawyer and sue JAMB.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB score scandal: Anambra hands over girl to DSS, father laments by yarimo(m): 7:38pm On Jul 03, 2023
Criminal little girl mteeeew

1 Like

Re: JAMB score scandal: Anambra hands over girl to DSS, father laments by madridguy(m): 7:51pm On Jul 03, 2023
Sue JAMB on what basis?

MRDEE01:

2 Likes

Re: JAMB score scandal: Anambra hands over girl to DSS, father laments by complexstuffs(m): 8:13pm On Jul 03, 2023
MRDEE01:

The girl is a criminal.

She most likely went to all these "result upgrade" centers scattered all over south east.

South east are notorious for JAMB result manipulation and fake degrees

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB score scandal: Anambra hands over girl to DSS, father laments by LordIsaac(m): 8:45pm On Jul 03, 2023
Even if she did alter it, she's too young to be subjected to media trial....very wrong!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB score scandal: Anambra hands over girl to DSS, father laments by Gadafii: 8:46pm On Jul 03, 2023
madridguy:
Sue JAMB on what basis?

sue jamb for their ineptitude, we know how poor jamb servers are, we all witnessed that during the last mock exams, the printed copy of that result with the girl, had a barcode like very other copies, however if you scan her own it brings two different results aside what’s written ther, one of the results is 338, the second has an Yoruba girl name with below 200 score, na she forge that one too abi

7 Likes

Re: JAMB score scandal: Anambra hands over girl to DSS, father laments by Benekkk: 9:25pm On Jul 03, 2023
“His” for male and “her” for female, though we all know that English is a borrowed language.

2 Likes

Re: JAMB score scandal: Anambra hands over girl to DSS, father laments by tuzle(m): 9:36pm On Jul 03, 2023
Gadafii:
sue jamb for their ineptitude, we know how poor jamb servers are, we all witnessed that during the last mock exams, the printed copy of that result with the girl, had a barcode like very other copies, however if you scan her own it brings two different results aside what’s written ther, one of the results is 338, the second has an Yoruba girl name with below 200 score, na she forge that one too abi
the result was forged, jamb don't use result notification again. They stopped that like 2years back.

2 Likes

Re: JAMB score scandal: Anambra hands over girl to DSS, father laments by juman(m): 9:37pm On Jul 03, 2023
It seems that JAMB system get problems intermittently.
Sometimes it give incorrect result.
JAMB people should look into it.
Re: JAMB score scandal: Anambra hands over girl to DSS, father laments by bdon12: 10:07pm On Jul 03, 2023
Stupid agencies in nigeria.DSS doesnt hav anything better to do than be investigating jamb result.something that can be handled by inspector demola

1 Like

Re: JAMB score scandal: Anambra hands over girl to DSS, father laments by BrutusOj(m): 10:36pm On Jul 03, 2023
TonyRazor:

Tony Okafor

Mr Ejikeme Romanus, the father of the girl, Miss Ejikeme Joy Mmesoma who claimed to have scored highest in the 2023 UMTE, has alleged that there is conspiracy to deprive her daughter of her hard earned academic success.

He said that her daughter had shown brilliant academic brilliance right from her nursery school days, stating that she had always placed first position in her classes.

Ejikeme said "We are from Oduma in Aninri local government in Enugu state, but, we live in Uruagu, Nnewi.

"Mmesoma is my first child. She had always taken first position from the time she was in the nursery school at Ogbunike Central school.

"When she was at Oba Girls Secondary school, Mmesoma was representing the school in competitions. So when she changed to Anglican Girls Secondary school, her teachers in Oba Girls came and pleaded with me, begging me to retain her in their school, that she is promoting the name of their school.

"Mmesoma cannot manipulate her UMTE score. I don't believe what they are saying.

"They just want to transfer that scholarship to another person. That is why they are saying that Mmesoma did not make that score.

"It is even her (Mmesoma's) friends that saw her score in internet and started calling her before she went and printed it out. We have the print out with us now", Mmesoma's father stated further.

Ejikeme lamented that her daughter has been feeling very sad and even crying sometimes since after her visit to the commissioner of education from where she was taken to the DSS office.

Meanwhile, Anambra state government has set up an investigation panel into the controversy trailing the authenticity of y Mmesoma's claim of scoring 362 in the 2023 UMTE.

The state commissioner of education, Prof Ngozi Chuma-Ude said the state government had congratulated Mmesoma when she was published in social media platforms that she proffered the highest score of 362 in the 2023 UMTE.

She, however, stated that the government was later to discover from the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board website that the highest score in the 2023 UMTE was 360, and, that it was another student in the state who, Miss Nkechinyere Umeh who got the score.

The education commissioner said Mmesoma was later brought to her office in Awka on Friday, June 30, by one Very Reverend Nduka and the principal of her school to protest when they saw that the state government rather congratulated Miss Nkechinyere Umeh.

She stated that when she scrutinized the print out of Mmesoma's JAMB result slip, she noticed that the result was that 2021 UMTE.

"Following Mmesoma's protest, I decided to put a call to the secretary of the JAMB, and, he told me that the highest score in 2023 UMTE is 360.

"I therefore invited the DSS (operatives) and when they came, all of us took Mmesoma to their (DSS) office for them to investigate the matter. And I made sure that Mmesoma was released to go home.

When contacted, the public relations officer of the Anambra state police command, deputy superintendent of police, DSP Ikenga Tochukwu told LEADERSHIP that Mmesoma's has not been reported to the police in the state.

"We are not aware of the case (Mmesoma's UMTE score forgery). So, I can comment on the issue", Tochukwu stated.
. This may be politics playing out here. The bolded seems to be why Anambra state government went underground to do the dirty job and as usual corrupt civil servants are ever willing to be used as tool. Without being told, that girl look too innocent to embark this kind of shady deal JAMB is accusing her of.
Re: JAMB score scandal: Anambra hands over girl to DSS, father laments by BrutusOj(m): 10:40pm On Jul 03, 2023
tuzle:
the result was forged, jamb don't use result notification again. They stopped that like 2years back.
Are you too dull to comprehend what the person you quoted wrote above? Where did the poster mentioned the scores were based on JAMB notification? It was a printed result from JAMB portal.
Re: JAMB score scandal: Anambra hands over girl to DSS, father laments by tuzle(m): 10:45pm On Jul 03, 2023
BrutusOj:
Are you too dull to comprehend what the person you quoted wrote above? Where did the poster mentioned the scores were based on JAMB notification? It was a printed result from JAMB portal.
it seems u are the one that is full, I just started that jamb doesn't use that result she printed which was called a notification of result back in 2021, but I stead u jumped and started abusing. Go and meet anybody who wrote jamb and try printing that kind of result and see if u will get it.

6 Likes

Re: JAMB score scandal: Anambra hands over girl to DSS, father laments by BrutusOj(m): 10:54pm On Jul 03, 2023
tuzle:
it seems u are the one that is full, I just started that jamb doesn't use that result she printed which was called a notification of result back in 2021, but I stead u jumped and started abusing. Go and meet anybody who wrote jamb and try printing that kind of result and see if u will get it.
So, she manufactured the result from which portal? That girls didn't forge that result. JAMB is still in Nigeria just like INEC is in Nigeria. CBT that results take days before they are released cannot be relied on. System glitches and internal runs take the lead. If there were manipulation, that young lady was not directly involved or knows anything about it.
Re: JAMB score scandal: Anambra hands over girl to DSS, father laments by tuzle(m): 10:56pm On Jul 03, 2023
BrutusOj:
So, she manufactured the result from which portal? That girls didn't forge that result. JAMB is still in Nigeria just like INEC is in Nigeria. CBT that results take days before they are released cannot be relied on. System glitches and internal runs take the lead. If there were manipulation, that young lady was not directly involved or knows anything about it.
the error isn't from jamb sha, the result she is holding is what gave her away. Jamb don't use that. That is why if u scan the barcode there it is showing a 2021 result.just ask anyone who wrote jamb how they got their result and u will understand what I am saying

2 Likes

Re: JAMB score scandal: Anambra hands over girl to DSS, father laments by melonsgroup: 12:36am On Jul 04, 2023
complexstuffs:

The girl is a criminal.

She most likely went to all these "result upgrade" centers scattered all over south east.

clown

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JAMB score scandal: Anambra hands over girl to DSS, father laments by melonsgroup: 12:37am On Jul 04, 2023
complexstuffs:

The girl is a criminal.

This is sad. !! And who ever made this comment. You are a failure to man kind. !!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JAMB score scandal: Anambra hands over girl to DSS, father laments by complexstuffs(m): 12:44am On Jul 04, 2023
melonsgroup:
This is sad. !! And who ever made this comment. You are a failure to man kind. !!

All because i spoke the truth?

1 Like

Re: JAMB score scandal: Anambra hands over girl to DSS, father laments by complexstuffs(m): 12:46am On Jul 04, 2023
melonsgroup:
clown

Doesnt count

1 Like

Re: JAMB score scandal: Anambra hands over girl to DSS, father laments by Desusi: 1:37am On Jul 04, 2023
TonyRazor:

Tony Okafor

The case,is gradually getting legs and tail,if the higher scorer is still an IBO girl and Mmesoma's supposed result was that of 2021 UTME result. A thorough investigation should go further. Those claiming that this issue is tribal and political motivated are mischievous.

1 Like

Re: JAMB score scandal: Anambra hands over girl to DSS, father laments by kindlyheart: 2:05am On Jul 04, 2023
yarimo:
Criminal little girl mteeeew

Keep hating on her, while she goes on a scholarship to study UK, USA or Canada made possible by right positively thinking individuals
Re: JAMB score scandal: Anambra hands over girl to DSS, father laments by Nobody: 2:09am On Jul 04, 2023
complexstuffs:

The girl is a criminal.

take some time out of your wickedness and ask yourself if posts like this actually help Nigeria to unite and develop?
Re: JAMB score scandal: Anambra hands over girl to DSS, father laments by complexstuffs(m): 2:13am On Jul 04, 2023
Razgas:
take some time out of your wickedness and ask yourself if posts like this actually help Nigeria to unite and develop?

Crime dey Una DNA.... That is why you feel it is wickedness to expose a fraudulent JAMB result.

1 Like

Re: JAMB score scandal: Anambra hands over girl to DSS, father laments by complexstuffs(m): 2:33am On Jul 04, 2023
Razgas:

Yes... Post like mine help Nigeria to develop and move forward because it helps to put criminals behind bars.

That girl and her accomplices should be arrested

1 Like

Re: JAMB score scandal: Anambra hands over girl to DSS, father laments by Nobody: 2:39am On Jul 04, 2023
complexstuffs:

Yes... Post like mine help Nigeria to develop and move forward because it helps to put criminals behind bars.

That girl and her accomplices should be arrested
expose a crime but don't insult a tribe. Have a nice life
Re: JAMB score scandal: Anambra hands over girl to DSS, father laments by complexstuffs(m): 2:44am On Jul 04, 2023
Razgas:
expose a crime but don't insult a tribe. Have a nice life

1) The tribe should should also not try to justify crime

1 Like

Re: JAMB score scandal: Anambra hands over girl to DSS, father laments by Nobody: 3:00am On Jul 04, 2023
complexstuffs:

The girl is a criminal.

Stop posting that article by Musa adekunle
Re: JAMB score scandal: Anambra hands over girl to DSS, father laments by Bankowner: 3:21am On Jul 04, 2023
What has DSS got to do with a case of alleged result manipulation? Is that a crime against the territorial security of the Nigerian state?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Aregbsola Reiterates Need For Specialisation By Varsities / The True Meaning Of BODMAS Unchanged / Beautiful Lady Who Drives Danfo Bus In Lagos Shares Experience (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.