Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,854 members, 7,817,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? (11816 Views)

How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islaam? / Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World / Marriage ⚭ In Islam : Importance Of Husband And Wife, Romance, Sex,etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? by Lukgaf(m): 2:05pm On Jul 04, 2023
FOR HOW LONG CAN HUSBAND AND WIFE LIVE SEPARATELY IN ISLAAM?

Questioner: For how long can a man travel leaving his wife behind?

Dr Sharof: It must not be more than four months. It must not be more than four months in as much as you do not want your wife to become wayward. A person who travels to England, neglecting his wife because of his work for four years, what is this? What kind of money do you want that requires you to neglect your wife for four years? For this reason, according to the Sharee’ah, it is permissible for a woman to take the issue to the correctors. Four years will be counted and after that if the husband is yet to arrive, she will do iddah (period of waiting) for four months and ten days; it will be assumed that the husband is dead. She will have to marry another husband, but this does not imply that her husband’s property will be shared. She will be asked to marry so that she will not become wayward. The property of the husband will not be shared until his age is calculated to have reached seventy, eighty, or ninety years. This is because it will be assumed that his colleagues would have been dead at about seventy, eighty or ninety years. The age to be used depends on the view of the corrector.

However, four years is required to make the wife free, but if her husband arrives after her waiting period, according to the Sharee’ah the man is still her legal husband on the basis of the initial marriage contract since it is (now) evident that he is not dead. If she had married a new husband before her initial husband arrives and she is yet to pack in, she still remains the wife of the initial husband. That is it.

A husband should not leave his wife for more than four months except if his wife approves of it. If her husband travels for twenty years and she approves of it, there is no difficultly in as much as she does not engage in illicit affairs. This is so because if one wishfully rejects his/her right, one cannot be censured for it. That is it.

A brother from the congregation: What if she had packed into the house of the new husband?

Dr Sharof: They (the scholars) say if the initial husband desires her, he will have to remarry her with a new contract. That is it.

A brother from the congregation: What if she has become the wife of the new husband?

Dr Sharof: That is what we explained.

The brother: Will the new husband have to divorce her?

Dr Sharof: The new husband will divorce her so that the initial husband marries her with a new contract.

The brother: What if the new husband decides not to divorce her?

Dr Sharof: If he decides not to divorce her, that’s the end. Things have changed.

[SOURCE: Q&A session of the tape, “Idile Musulumi”]

Transcribed by Aboo Aaishah Al Odeomeey

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? by Caaplink: 12:12pm On Jul 07, 2023
5yrs
Re: For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? by seanery: 12:12pm On Jul 07, 2023
Una don start again...

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? by farouk2much(m): 12:17pm On Jul 07, 2023
3 months

2 Likes

Re: For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? by Formularcr7: 12:22pm On Jul 07, 2023
Islam really explained a lot

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? by OkukoIgbo: 12:24pm On Jul 07, 2023
So these people see marriage as contract, na why I dey shout say mohammad copied the bible to give the quoran some legitimacy,
No weed give am inspiration, nobody fit convince me say the illiterate was visited by an angel, or too much mosquitoes in the Medina cave gave him cerebral malaria; same way when I was small I had malaria and saw the image of Jesus smiling and telling me stories of John the baptist. Na wetin do mohammad be that.
If not how can one justify the abomination religion he used intimidation, terrorism, murder, chaos, rape, and ruthlessness to spread, even till now his mentees still do it, eg. Shekau, osama and co.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? by Lanre1st(m): 12:24pm On Jul 07, 2023
Truly Islam is a religion of knowledge

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? by bewla(m): 12:25pm On Jul 07, 2023
Let me leam

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? by AskNgige2: 12:36pm On Jul 07, 2023
Ask Ngige sup
Re: For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? by umarfantami(m): 12:42pm On Jul 07, 2023
Jazakallahu khair

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? by gloryman91: 12:51pm On Jul 07, 2023
Jazaka Lahu Khayran.

Ya Sheikh.

Knowledge is Power.

Islam the True Religion.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? by Bellotelli: 12:55pm On Jul 07, 2023
Jazakallahu khair

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? by Globad(f): 1:09pm On Jul 07, 2023
OkukoIgbo:
So these people see marriage as contract, na why I dey shout say mohammad copied the bible to give the quoran some legitimacy,
No weed give am inspiration, nobody fit convince me say the illiterate was visited by an angel, or too much mosquitoes in the Medina cave gave him cerebral malaria; same way when I was small I had malaria and saw the image of Jesus smiling and telling me stories of John the baptist. Na wetin do mohammad be that.
If not how can one justify the abomination religion he used intimidation, terrorism, murder, chaos, rape, and ruthlessness to spread, even till now his mentees still do it, eg. Shekau, osama and co.

You said you had malaria when you were small and had hallucinations

From your post, you're still small and yet to grow up

I wish you well as you grow up, not only physically, but most importantly, mentally

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? by olaztek(m): 1:13pm On Jul 07, 2023
The husband most times wouldn't wish to live far away from his partner, but unexpected circumstances and the very need to provide basic needs for his family would make such situation unavoidable.

May Allah make our source of livelihood easy for us. Amim

9 Likes

Re: For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? by najoe07(m): 1:13pm On Jul 07, 2023
Where's common reasoning in this write up?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? by Microwhy: 1:20pm On Jul 07, 2023
OkukoIgbo:
You're very close to being a Muslim..
Stop insulting anything that has to do with religion, either your own faith or other peoples faith.
For thousands of years before You're born, their is religion and for thousands of years to come after Your death, their will be religion.
Fear your position on the day of reckoning, on the day where not your mouth will speak but other part of your body.
Fear the day you will be buried and everybody turn back including and you be left alone six feet under. Fear the punishment of the grave.
Be worry about, what if my religion is wrong and theirs is right.
If you study Quran and hadith, you'll be truly amazed. It entail and contain alot of things even as a non Muslim, you'll find them very interesting.
Forget about the hate or what you see around and do your own study if you're truly interested in religion.
Don't be lazy.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? by Diligent1(f): 1:21pm On Jul 07, 2023
OkukoIgbo:
Respect other people's religion so that there will be peace, you can't force people to follow your religion.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? by ClimaxHerbalixt(m): 1:31pm On Jul 07, 2023
Jazaakumullohu Khairan

3 Likes

Re: For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? by ANTlSLAAM: 1:41pm On Jul 07, 2023
Count the number of years Muhammad take divorced and separated with Hafsah Bint Omar as it is narrated in Sunni books like Sunan Abu Dawood 2283 and Ibn Maajah 2016, and An Nasaa'ee 3560, and Al-Mustadrak by Al-Nisaboori , volume 2, page 197 and Al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheeha, Volume 5, page 15 before she took her back and follow his steps
Re: For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? by maivd: 2:10pm On Jul 07, 2023
Without lies islam dies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? by STRI1: 2:29pm On Jul 07, 2023
Alhamdulillah for being a Muslim. This is a privilege and mercy to those whom Allah wants to.

الحمد لله بنعمة الإسلام

4 Likes

Re: For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? by motayoayinde: 3:07pm On Jul 07, 2023
maivd:
Without lies islam dies.

WITHOUT LIES ISLAM THRIVES.

HOW MANY PASTORS "PROPHESIED" ABOUT THE OUTCOME OF THE LAST ELECTIONS JUST TO KEEP THEIR CONGREGATION?

WITHOUT LIES CHRISTIANITY DIES!!!

5 Likes

Re: For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? by yinkarh187(m): 3:16pm On Jul 07, 2023
Can you share a link to the lecture?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? by AbuAeesha: 3:20pm On Jul 07, 2023
Ma Sha Allah

1 Like

Re: For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? by balingaonline(m): 4:00pm On Jul 07, 2023
That is why I love Islam, it explains everything.

3 Likes

Re: For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? by Chetas81(m): 4:50pm On Jul 07, 2023
The Islamic religion is the religion you need permission, to talk about because is a religion of warlords bring upon us as Nigerian citizen who knew nothing about this religion, covered by blood of innocent people who don't need religion to communicate with their own god 😜✍️
Re: For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? by rolams(m): 4:57pm On Jul 07, 2023
OkukoIgbo:

May Allah lead you to the right path. I won't blame you for this write up because you have been programmed and brainwashed to jettison the truth. A thorough research would have lightened your way.

My prayer once again: May Allah lead you right.

1 Like

Re: For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? by rolams(m): 4:58pm On Jul 07, 2023
balingaonline:
That is why I love Islam, it explains everything.

A way of life and the light to hereafter.

1 Like

Re: For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? by chillychill(f): 5:22pm On Jul 07, 2023

Dr Sharof: If he decides not to divorce her, that’s the end. Things have changed.

grin cheesy mo like answer yi baje....

Alhamdullilah for being a Muslim olohun

2 Likes

Re: For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? by Coolgent(m): 5:25pm On Jul 07, 2023
Lukgaf:
FOR HOW LONG CAN HUSBAND AND WIFE LIVE SEPARATELY IN ISLAAM?

Questioner: For how long can a man travel leaving his wife behind?

Dr Sharof: It must not be more than four months. It must not be more than four months in as much as you do not want your wife to become wayward. A person who travels to England, neglecting his wife because of his work for four years, what is this? What kind of money do you want that requires you to neglect your wife for four years? For this reason, according to the Sharee’ah, it is permissible for a woman to take the issue to the correctors. Four years will be counted and after that if the husband is yet to arrive, she will do iddah (period of waiting) for four months and ten days; it will be assumed that the husband is dead. She will have to marry another husband, but this does not imply that her husband’s property will be shared. She will be asked to marry so that she will not become wayward. The property of the husband will not be shared until his age is calculated to have reached seventy, eighty, or ninety years. This is because it will be assumed that his colleagues would have been dead at about seventy, eighty or ninety years. The age to be used depends on the view of the corrector.

However, four years is required to make the wife free, but if her husband arrives after her waiting period, according to the Sharee’ah the man is still her legal husband on the basis of the initial marriage contract since it is (now) evident that he is not dead. If she had married a new husband before her initial husband arrives and she is yet to pack in, she still remains the wife of the initial husband. That is it.

A husband should not leave his wife for more than four months except if his wife approves of it. If her husband travels for twenty years and she approves of it, there is no difficultly in as much as she does not engage in illicit affairs. This is so because if one wishfully rejects his/her right, one cannot be censured for it. That is it.

A brother from the congregation: What if she had packed into the house of the new husband?

Dr Sharof: They (the scholars) say if the initial husband desires her, he will have to remarry her with a new contract. That is it.

A brother from the congregation: What if she has become the wife of the new husband?

Dr Sharof: That is what we explained.

The brother: Will the new husband have to divorce her?

Dr Sharof: The new husband will divorce her so that the initial husband marries her with a new contract.

[SOURCE: Q&A session of the tape, “Idile Musulumi”]

Transcribed by Aboo Aaishah Al Odeomeey

That's not the end, court should intervene for him to divorce her.
Re: For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? by Walexz02(m): 9:13pm On Jul 07, 2023
MahsaAllah .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shia, Suicide Bombings And Iraan / Side Turban Hijab Tutorial / The Story Of Haaroot And Maaroot –II (Characteristics & treatment of Witchcraft)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.