Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,220 members, 7,811,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare (36092 Views)

How To Edit Family Member's Details On US Visa Appointment Portal / Nigerians Can’t Get US Visa Appointment Dates Despite Payments / Visa Fees Expired. Without And Appointment, What Can I Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Celepope: 4:17pm On Jul 07, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:

Agent told him
So he didn’t attend the interview? If he didn’t agent don carry am handicap grin grin

6 Likes

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by yinkeys(m): 4:18pm On Jul 07, 2023
Adebaba1:
Omo that interview no get manual

Just prepare well by carrying the right documents(try avoid all those touts at the entrance of the interview asking you to do photocopy for 1500)
and most importantly be yourself.

And don't put too much hope on it

If you get the visa fine and if you don't try again

its not the end of the world

The interview na luck

i have someone that doesn't know how to complete a sentence in English and yet he was given visa
Really
I thought that visa na legit scam format
Someone told me he wasted money & time
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Eniolohunda: 4:20pm On Jul 07, 2023
Don't answer those tout outside telling you to bring your documents that they will arrange it for you. They can copy your info,you only have business with embassy officials. They will ask for whatever they want from you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by greggng: 4:28pm On Jul 07, 2023
Do usa do non appearance ?
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by gassbee: 4:31pm On Jul 07, 2023
Btruth:
People still dey go America nii? 🤔
bros try go embassy
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by halaqasa: 4:38pm On Jul 07, 2023
E be many things

Sorry about her loss
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Georgejeez: 4:45pm On Jul 07, 2023
grin grin I'm here for the comments .

#TeamwewillmakeitinNigerianomatterwhat
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by mrrock: 5:00pm On Jul 07, 2023
For me, the most important part is being able to pass the visa interview because you're going nowhere unless you pass the visa interview, even if you have proof of enough money to take care of your trip.

If you're going for US visa interview, the source below would teach you how to answer the US visa interview questions correctly and get your visa. It covers both the US student visa interview and the US business and Tourist (B1/B2) visa interview

Get travel to USA eBooks. You can travel as a student, for business, tourism, conference, etc.
https://flutterwave.com/ store/sva

Note: close the space after the "/"

You don't need an agent. Just make out time to read, then learn how to do it yourself.

1 Like

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by MrCuteking(m): 5:05pm On Jul 07, 2023
Tried it 3times, all to no avail. Lagos and Abuja.

1 Like

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by YourRealFather: 5:21pm On Jul 07, 2023
MrCuteking:
Bro your own na small, my guy tried 6 times no way,
Him finally face scotland

4 Likes

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by artworks1: 5:22pm On Jul 07, 2023
I don’t think this person knows how to apply for Nigeria visa, but knows how to for the USA.
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Icrave4u: 5:38pm On Jul 07, 2023
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Rmace: 5:43pm On Jul 07, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Why mod go push this kind information come front page

Nobody is going anywhere

Nobody is going anywhere

This administration is gonna favour all of us and our family
We die here together for this suffering

After una don step into the polling unit with sentiment and tribalism then una go come dey find where to run go

Boss , abeg still dey wait for your replies. Check mail ser.
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by airsaylongcome: 5:51pm On Jul 07, 2023
Adebaba1:
Omo that interview no get manual

Just prepare well by carrying the right documents(try avoid all those touts at the entrance of the interview asking you to do photocopy for 1500)
and most importantly be yourself.

And don't put too much hope on it

If you get the visa fine and if you don't try again

its not the end of the world

The interview na luck

i have someone that doesn't know how to complete a sentence in English and yet he was given visa

US embassy rarely look at documents. If they are asking you for docs, then the chances are reducing

6 Likes

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by IbeOkehie: 5:52pm On Jul 07, 2023
The anti-JAPA crew must shut down this very dangerous thread shocked

Why would anybody want to migrate to USA when there's so much abundance and opportunity in Nigeria?

It's better to stay in Nigeria and make 500K per month. At least that's what I've heard.

Like President Buhari told us in 1984, we have no other country but Nigeria. We must remain here and salvage it together!!!

Up NEPA....sorry, I mean Up Nigeria! grin
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by airsaylongcome: 5:53pm On Jul 07, 2023
BigDawsNet:
Goodluck to everyone applying for the US visa..

Suprisingly, US Visa is not as hard as many people believe it is

1 Like

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by airsaylongcome: 5:55pm On Jul 07, 2023
Eniolohunda:
Don't answer those tout outside telling you to bring your documents that they will arrange it for you. They can copy your info,you only have business with embassy officials. They will ask for whatever they want from you.

Cannot over emphasize this! Those touts outside the gates are outright con men

1 Like

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by airsaylongcome: 5:56pm On Jul 07, 2023
MrCuteking:

Applied once and was approved.
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Walamide: 6:07pm On Jul 07, 2023
Nice write up. Just pray well, good luck on your trial. Don't give up if it doesn't work the first time.
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by gina00: 6:12pm On Jul 07, 2023
If you're in need of a visa and don't know where to turn, look no further than Visadrom. They are the experts when it comes to helping you obtain your visa hassle-free. Trust me when I say that this is a decision you won't regret. I was once in your shoes, desperately searching for a way to get my Turkey Visa for US Citizens . That's when I stumbled upon Visadrom, and they made the entire process a breeze. From start to finish, they guided me through each step and took care of all the paperwork. Thanks to Visadrom, I had my Turkey Visa in hand in no time, without encountering any problems along the way.
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by gracefoundmme(m): 6:15pm On Jul 07, 2023
If you need mock interviews, date search, seeking for funding/scholarships and application assistance on free universities, kindly quote me.

1 Like

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by SmartPolician: 6:20pm On Jul 07, 2023
US visa is a big scam. Just pray, go there and answer their mumu questions.

One thing is certain: 98% of people who attend that interview won't get a US visa. They will tell you that you could not prove that you would come back to your country when you get to America.

If yeye African leaders understand that leadership is about serving the people, who would be bothering to leave their fatherland and live in a fridge?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by isArray: 6:26pm On Jul 07, 2023
Applied on Tuesday, got the visa today from a US embassy in Europe

4 Likes

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by estyvino(m): 6:27pm On Jul 07, 2023
apexdesigns12:
When applying for a US visa, one important step in the process is scheduling a visa appointment. Understanding what to expect and how to prepare for your US visa appointment can help ensure a smooth and successful experience. Here's a guide to help you navigate the US visa appointment process:

Appointment Confirmation: Once you have completed the visa application and paid the necessary fees, you will receive a confirmation with instructions on scheduling your appointment. This confirmation will include a unique confirmation number that you will need to proceed.

Appointment Scheduling: Visit the official website of the US embassy or consulate in your country to schedule your appointment. Follow the instructions provided and enter your confirmation number. You will be prompted to select a convenient date and time for your appointment. Keep in mind that appointment availability can vary, so it's advisable to schedule well in advance.

Required Documentation: Before your appointment, gather all the required documentation for your visa category. This typically includes your passport, visa application form, supporting documents such as financial statements or employment letters, and any additional documents specific to your visa type. It's essential to review the specific requirements on the official website to ensure you have all the necessary paperwork.

DS-160 Confirmation: The DS-160 form is an online visa application form that you must complete before your appointment. Make sure to bring a printed copy of the DS-160 confirmation page, as it will be required during the visa interview.

Arrival and Security Check: Arrive at the US embassy or consulate well before your scheduled appointment time. Expect to go through security screening, which may include metal detectors and bag checks. Follow any instructions given by the security personnel.

Visa Interview: The visa interview is a crucial part of the appointment. A consular officer will review your documents and ask you questions about your purpose of travel, ties to your home country, and other relevant details. Answer the questions honestly and confidently. Be prepared to provide additional documents if requested.

Visa Processing Time: After the interview, the consular officer will determine whether you qualify for the visa. The processing time for visa issuance can vary, and it's advisable to check the estimated processing times on the official website. Once approved, you will be notified regarding the collection of your passport with the visa.

Follow-up Actions: If your visa application is denied, the consular officer will provide a reason for the denial. In some cases, you may have the option to reapply or seek an appeal. It's essential to carefully review the reasons for denial and consider consulting an immigration attorney if needed.

Preparing for a US visa appointment involves careful attention to detail and thorough documentation. By understanding the process, gathering the required documents, and confidently attending the interview, you can increase your chances of a successful outcome. Remember to stay informed, follow instructions from the embassy or consulate, and be well-prepared to present your case during the interview. Good luck with your US visa application!
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Drone95(m): 6:29pm On Jul 07, 2023
MrCuteking:
F1?
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by BigDawsNet: 6:31pm On Jul 07, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Suprisingly, US Visa is not as hard as many people believe it is

Yea I believe its not hard...
Tho it's not like the UK with point based system...
You need to qualify to get one...

But very straightforward..
100% has worked for me and many people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by currency10(m): 6:34pm On Jul 07, 2023
What I believe about America Visa is luck and God destiny just pray the consular like you at that moment of interview you..... When you get to America embassy you will see different human beings on queue acting drama some will be praying some will be qoating Bible verse and speak in tongues lol 😁 some will be saying incantation 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Omo yepa, inside your mind you will be thinking you are already in America because of the beauty of the place, you will see all the name of all states in shape of map on the wall the place is beautiful. Wishing you good Luck's

Lastly just make sure you pray for God favour you and remember all your information you fill in your form don't make mistake be civil and have eyes contact with your interviewer only answer the question he / she ask you don't do over sabi in her front and don't panic and speak moderately don't shout and don't speak too low with eyes contact, and arrive in time before your scheduled appointment time and dress decently and use a nice perfume
You will succeed by grace of God.

20 Likes

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by Purvan(m): 6:42pm On Jul 07, 2023
SMH

E better say I travel go Congo than US

1 Like

Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by airsaylongcome: 6:42pm On Jul 07, 2023
BigDawsNet:

Yea I believe its not hard...
Tho it's not like the UK with point based system...
You need to qualify to get one...

But very straightforward..
100% has worked for me and many people

Point-based also applicable for visit visas?
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by jeff1980(m): 6:43pm On Jul 07, 2023
100%
cucumbar:
Really?
Re: US Visa Appointment: What To Expect And How To Prepare by wisdomkid: 6:50pm On Jul 07, 2023
BigDawsNet:

Are u in the States already?

No sir. I am trying and hoping to be there one day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Breathtaking Waterfalls In Nigeria / The Top 10 World’s Most Powerful Passports In 2019 / Truck Crushes Everything In A Shop Except The Owner (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.