Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,453 members, 7,812,394 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

Will Threads Be Bigger Than Twitter ? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Will Threads Be Bigger Than Twitter ? (1071 Views)

Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) / Finding Specific User Posts In Chosen Threads - Google Search. / Da Fuk Is Wrong With This Board? Useless Threads Everywhere!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Threads Be Bigger Than Twitter ? by peterobitinubu: 6:36am On Jul 06, 2023
Will threads be bigger than twitter ?

Re: Will Threads Be Bigger Than Twitter ? by Sheriman(m): 7:31am On Jul 06, 2023
Let see how it goes
Re: Will Threads Be Bigger Than Twitter ? by arejibadz(m): 7:49am On Jul 06, 2023
lol no app can displace twitter

3 Likes

Re: Will Threads Be Bigger Than Twitter ? by Purvan(m): 7:51am On Jul 06, 2023
Threads might be bigger than Twitter

The value of Twitter is not in the audience, it's in the content

The more content threads churns out , the more people hop to threads and ditch Twitter
The more Twitter degrades

Mastodon doesn't give af content , it's about building community and interaction not content

3 Likes

Re: Will Threads Be Bigger Than Twitter ? by airsaylongcome: 8:15am On Jul 06, 2023
Purvan:

The more content threads churns out , the more people hop to threads and ditch Twitter

Mastodon doesn't give af content , it's about building community and interaction not content

How are you using Mastodon? Cos it's giving and giving content mehn. Loads of tech engagement for me there. And they are clean and pure not driven by ads or algorithms

Plus Threads is looking to get on the fediverse. I'm sure many servers there will defederate from Threads. Or at least many of the purist fediverse servers. Don't need big corps polluting that space like IBM/Redhat have done to RHEL

Edit: After having a proper look, yes it's built around ActivityPub. Look at the usernames all ties.to threads.net. They definitely are going to federate at some point. And I dare say they will federate with Twitter (which I believe is low key implementing ActivityPub) for "competition"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Threads Be Bigger Than Twitter ? by peterobitinubu: 8:56am On Jul 06, 2023
Purvan:

U can't even pronounce the name. Mastodon
Re: Will Threads Be Bigger Than Twitter ? by airsaylongcome: 9:06am On Jul 06, 2023
peterobitinubu:

U can't even pronounce the name. Mastodon

That's absolutely not a hard name to pronounce. And it's not a made up name either

Re: Will Threads Be Bigger Than Twitter ? by Maj196(m): 9:17am On Jul 06, 2023
If it’s not twitter, then it can’t be twitter.

4 Likes

Re: Will Threads Be Bigger Than Twitter ? by peterobitinubu: 9:23am On Jul 06, 2023
airsaylongcome:

That's absolutely not a hard name to pronounce. And it's not a made up name either

Breast lol
Re: Will Threads Be Bigger Than Twitter ? by airsaylongcome: 9:30am On Jul 06, 2023
Maj196:
If it’s not twitter, then it can’t be twitter.

Lol! Says those who only started using commercial Twitter. There are loads and loads of microblogging apps more interesting than Twitter

2 Likes

Re: Will Threads Be Bigger Than Twitter ? by airsaylongcome: 9:36am On Jul 06, 2023
peterobitinubu:

Breast lol

There's also Calckey and Misskey both microblogging platforms similar to Mastodon. Mostly techie stuff and techie people. Many mainstream people will not be able to survive there cos they won't know how to figure it out and there's no algorithm to throw ads and influencers in your face. Love it for that

1 Like

Re: Will Threads Be Bigger Than Twitter ? by chukwuebuka65(m): 10:29am On Jul 06, 2023
What are threads sirs?

1 Like

Re: Will Threads Be Bigger Than Twitter ? by airsaylongcome: 12:58pm On Jul 06, 2023
chukwuebuka65:
What are threads sirs?

You've been "sleeping on the bicycle" fam. It's Meta's response to Twitter

1 Like

Re: Will Threads Be Bigger Than Twitter ? by Maj196(m): 3:30pm On Jul 06, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Lol! Says those who only started using commercial Twitter. There are loads and loads of microblogging apps more interesting than Twitter
Name one that is as popular as Twitter?

1 Like

Re: Will Threads Be Bigger Than Twitter ? by airsaylongcome: 3:41pm On Jul 06, 2023
Maj196:
Name one that is as popular as Twitter?

None actually. Which is a very good thing. The location of Precious stones aren't necessarily easy to access.

Which is why the Eagle nests in places very difficult to reach. Twitter isn't necessarily bad, for those willing to sacrifice their privacy in exchange for "influencer" status. And that's not a bad thing, just not my thing. Whatever information is available in Twitter is available on several alternate platforms without the encroachment of ads and privacy invasion.

3 Likes

Re: Will Threads Be Bigger Than Twitter ? by Maj196(m): 3:43pm On Jul 06, 2023
airsaylongcome:

None actually. Which is a very good thing. The location of Precious stones aren't necessarily easy to access.

Which is why the Eagle nests in places very difficult to reach. Twitter isn't necessarily bad, for those willing to sacrifice their privacy in exchange for "influencer" status. And that's not a bad thing, just not my thing. Whatever information is available in Twitter is available on several alternate platforms without the encroachment of ads and privacy invasion.
Again if it’s not twitter, it can’t be twitter. Even with Zuck’s so called Thread. It will die off from time. Elon will relax his stringent laws ultimately. For example influencers, do you know how much time it would take to garner that much followers?
Re: Will Threads Be Bigger Than Twitter ? by airsaylongcome: 3:49pm On Jul 06, 2023
Maj196:
Again if it’s not twitter, it can’t be twitter. Even with Zuck’s so called Thread. It will die off from time. Elon will relax his stringent laws ultimately

Hehehehehehe...With 1bn Meta users, Threads is here to stay.

I remember when Netflix came out and it was the only VOD streaming platform. Disney, Hulu, Amazon, Plex and JF got into that space and has given people options. Heck even Showmax got in on the action. Ultimately, Twitter's monopoly will be broken.

Back in the day, it was a big deal to have an email address. Today it's very ubiquitous and anyone can have their own email server and still communicate with other email users. Twitter/Threads is about to experience the same. No one business or corporation can predominate that space and build a walled garden. Ultimately, we will all be on our preferred microblogging server and communicate with other microblogging users without having to surrender our privacy

4 Likes

Re: Will Threads Be Bigger Than Twitter ? by Maj196(m): 3:59pm On Jul 06, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Hehehehehehe...With 1bn Meta users, Threads is here to stay.

I remember when Netflix came out and it was the only VOD streaming platform. Disney, Hulu, Amazon, Plex and JF got into that space and has given people options. Heck even Showmax got in on the action. Ultimately, Twitter's monopoly will be broken.

Back in the day, it was a bug deal to have an email address. Today it's very ubiquitous and anyone can have their own email server and still communicate with other email users. Twitter/Threads is about to experience the same. No one business or corporation can predominate that space and build a walled garden. Ultimately, we will all be on our preferred microblogging server and communicate with other microblogging users without having to surrender our privacy
No long talk, quote me back in the next 1-2 months about Threads
Re: Will Threads Be Bigger Than Twitter ? by airsaylongcome: 4:00pm On Jul 06, 2023
Maj196:
No long talk, quote me back in the next 1-2 months about Threads

Will do.

You do know that this Threads app has been in the making for a while. And that Meta possibly rushed the product to market with Twitter's current "issues"? I put issues in quotes because I think it's actually premeditated with all that talk of a cage fight between Musk and Zuck.

PS: Just to be clear, I am not saying Threads will lead to the closure of Twitter. I am saying that it will rival and ultimately be even with Twitter. With 1bn MAU on Instagram, if they can replicate only 10% of that as MAU in Threads in Y1, then they would have succeeded considerably.

1 Like

Re: Will Threads Be Bigger Than Twitter ? by chukwuebuka65(m): 5:57pm On Jul 06, 2023
airsaylongcome:

You've been "sleeping on the bicycle" fam. It's Meta's response to Twitter

Lolz. More money to them. It won’t be long I will launch my own

1 Like

Re: Will Threads Be Bigger Than Twitter ? by airsaylongcome: 6:02pm On Jul 06, 2023
chukwuebuka65:

Lolz. More money to them. It won’t be long I will launch my own

You can launch one today if you want! Choose between Mastodon and Calckey

1 Like

Re: Will Threads Be Bigger Than Twitter ? by chukwuebuka65(m): 6:05pm On Jul 06, 2023
airsaylongcome:

You can launch one today if you want! Choose between Mastodon and Calckey

Ok. I will launch one today. 😀😀

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Threads Be Bigger Than Twitter ? by Paystack: 11:59am On Jul 07, 2023
Give 2 weeks when the hype wave is gone

People will forget about it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Threads Be Bigger Than Twitter ? by Opiop: 9:15pm On Jul 07, 2023
Paystack:

ewu... Copy and paste foolish scammer... This so called paystack monika is a scammer.

Don't do business with this frustrated scammer. Ewu
Re: Will Threads Be Bigger Than Twitter ? by peterobitinubu: 11:18pm On Jul 09, 2023
Paystack:

i swear
Re: Will Threads Be Bigger Than Twitter ? by defemz(m): 10:08am On Jul 10, 2023
For me, Thread without trend table and DM features is a joke.

1 Like

Re: Will Threads Be Bigger Than Twitter ? by KrazyDave16(m): 12:25pm On Jul 10, 2023
Took the plunge and joined mastodon.

Really lovin' it, and exploring the communities I'm seeing, though nothing much going on in Africa, or are there undocumented instances?

1 Like

Re: Will Threads Be Bigger Than Twitter ? by peterobitinubu: 5:36pm On Jul 10, 2023
defemz:
For me, Thread without trend table and DM features is a joke.

Yh.
Re: Will Threads Be Bigger Than Twitter ? by Maj196(m): 4:51pm On Jul 30, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Will do.

You do know that this Threads app has been in the making for a while. And that Meta possibly rushed the product to market with Twitter's current "issues"? I put issues in quotes because I think it's actually premeditated with all that talk of a cage fight between Musk and Zuck.

PS: Just to be clear, I am not saying Threads will lead to the closure of Twitter. I am saying that it will rival and ultimately be even with Twitter. With 1bn MAU on Instagram, if they can replicate only 10% of that as MAU in Threads in Y1, then they would have succeeded considerably.
Still waiting...

1 Like

Re: Will Threads Be Bigger Than Twitter ? by qtguru(m): 8:15am On Jul 31, 2023
Threads has no community, DM and features to help communities grow, Tiktok/Youtube and X is still the preferred platforms, if you're looking to connect with people with common interests.

2 Likes

Re: Will Threads Be Bigger Than Twitter ? by Paystack: 11:08am On Jul 31, 2023
Paystack:

Seems no one I talking about thread's anymore lol.

What's even there to talk about... you can't forcefully create a community.

Mark is known for creating and forcing users to use products just like what he did with messenger

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

C#.net Fans: / 10 Excellent Platforms For Building Mobile Apps / PHP Interactive (learn And Teach)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.