Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,821 members, 7,831,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. (21711 Views)

Minnesota Mother Drowns Baby, Sends Gruesome Photo To Boyfriend (Photo) / Victims Recount Their Ordeal At Lagos Christian Rehab Home (video) / SARS Officer Escapes With Bullet Wound After Gun Battle With Armed Robbers. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by Upcomingdad67: 5:20am On Jul 08, 2023
Buddha3:
Lol.

Where I wan even start?

2011, I was doing my first year in Unical. Was hosting lunch at the back of the library with three other course mates. Three cultists walk up, slap us around some, take away my two android phones, wallet full of cash and my watch. They just sat two tables away afterwards, drinking with their girls from the content of my wallet. I was so enraged. Got a cab from the main gate to Eburutu army barracks close to Federal housing. A cultist friend with ties to the military lived there. Told him my ordeal, he drove me back to the school, gave me a revolver pistol and gave me a firm order to shoot the leader of the pack anywhere I pleased, once we saw them. Sure enough, these dudes were still on that table drinking with my money. I just stretched out, let one bullet loose to his left knee and the rest scattered. Took back my belongings from his pockets and we left him there, screaming and crying. Of course I was pretty shaken, but that experience left me with a lifelong memory. And I'm glad I had my flesh pound, there and then.

2013, I was out between 10pm and midnight, running my taxi services, since it was one of my sources of income then. This dude charters me to drop him at Nasarawa village around 8miles, Calabar. I always knew that place to be a rough slum with daredevil criminals, just didn't imagine I was ever going to encounter one. We get there, dude pulls a knife and tells me to kill the engine. First thought in my head was having to face the reality of losing my car to a robber. I turn it off, but as he makes to step out through his door, I quickly got my self-defence pistol from under my seat, and since it was quite dark, he didn't exactly get a detailed view of my movements. He walks over and I let one fly at close range. He got it at the shoulder and I quickly reversed and made out of that cesspit. Again, I was glad I learnt my lesson from that 2011 incident. I never went to uncomfortable places or drove at nights without my self-defence gadget I got from that my frat dude.

Got tons of these experiences, but meh! Welcome to Nigeria!

Wow 😮 I love your courage .

I have a 9 months old baby and a beautiful wife at home . I will not allow any harm to befall them . The street is so cold this days .

I always advice every family man to get a gun in your closet . From 6_12 rounds if you get financial levels get a pump action.

As a barrack boy, and a young man way grow up for the streets of yenagoa . I don see alot

I repeat get a gun to protect yourself and family if you are a family man . Shot and ask questions later .

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 08, 2023
Upcomingdad67:

I have a 9 months old baby and a beautiful wife at home . I will not allow any harm to befall them . The street is so cold this days .

I always advice every family man to get a gun in your closet . From 6_12 rounds if you get financial levels get a pump action.

As a barrack boy, and a young man way grow up for the streets of yenagoa . I don see alot

I repeat get a gun to protect yourself and family if you are a family man . Shot and ask questions later .

Streets are indeed cold. And the widespread hunger in the society today isn't exactly helping issues.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by Dbestbrest: 8:35am On Jul 08, 2023
I had a scary experience in 2010. Was going home after a night vigil on Bode Thomas Street to connect Western Avenue when 7 boys in sienna double crossed my Toyota Camry car and dragged me out of the vehicle before hitting me with the butt of their gun in the nose. They drove the car through 3rd mainland before the car demobilized. Thanks to Lagos RRS that recovered it immediately, learnt that the robbers ran away with their own Siena vehicle. It was a bad experience that I never wished anybody in life

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 08, 2023
From my university days I have always known u either stay strapped or get clapped by those stinking nitwits... Strapped always

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 08, 2023
Upcomingdad67:

I repeat get a gun to protect yourself and family if you are a family man . Shoot and ask questions later .
Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by ahnie: 11:15am On Jul 08, 2023
Brownshoe:
hmm very stubborn! Go join militant or military
I just left the WhatsApp group.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by OdefaGirl(f): 1:01pm On Jul 08, 2023
Just a month today.... Saturday, 9th of June..... Went to a program in the church.... Parked our car. After 2 hrs, the program finished.... Came out and our car was gone. 😭

Just returned with car keys instead of the car we drove out
Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by lastkingsman: 3:23pm On Jul 08, 2023
Kajaard:

Funniest thing I have read all day cheesy grin cheesy

Thanks for making me laugh cheesy

Bros no be joke oh. Happened on presidential election day. Was trekking to go and vote PO/LP
Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 11, 2023
OdefaGirl:
Just a month today.... Saturday, 9th of June..... Went to a program in the church.... Parked our car. After 2 hrs, the program finished.... Came out and our car was gone. 😭

Just returned with car keys instead of the car we drove out
Lol... Sorry for what happened. The story is quite funny sha 😅

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

List Of Top 10 Cities With The Most Yahoo Yahoo Boys In Nigeria / NDLEA Arrests Businessmen, 25 Others, Intercepts Cannabis, Cocaine Pellets / 300 Nigerians Languishing In Italian Jail For Mafia-Related Offences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.