Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. (21677 Views)

Minnesota Mother Drowns Baby, Sends Gruesome Photo To Boyfriend (Photo) / Victims Recount Their Ordeal At Lagos Christian Rehab Home (video) / SARS Officer Escapes With Bullet Wound After Gun Battle With Armed Robbers. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by NOwazobia: 12:54pm On Jul 07, 2023
Angelfrost:

Jungle justice only happens occasionally when criminals slip up or lose guard!

Can you lynch and mob a well armed robber?!!

Community Policing has to happen if nothing can be done at state or national level...! There is no other way around it!

Communities should rally round and drag their chairmen, lawmakers, and elite sons, who can in turn put pressure on the state government! This is not rocket science!

Criminals need to see a deterrent, and nothing deters them than the presence of security.

Well armed robbers have been mobbed before, and one of them given jungle justice.

it happened in my community, and I have also read such case in the news about some bank robbers.
Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by Taku555(m): 12:55pm On Jul 07, 2023
seborrhic:

If I say the story looks fake now,it wound sound like oversabi.
Red flags:He was handling a gun for the first time and could shoot accurately.
The guy didn't die and his colleagues scampered and throughout the rest of his years in school,the op was not touched.
No matter who you are and how well connected,there would be be one or two hardened members of the cultist group he shot that would plan something.To avoid suspicion,they usually invite members from other schools to carry out the revenge.But for him to sound like no one acted,sounds unlikely.
He also narrated he normally keeps a service pistol in 2013 when doing his night cab runs,while ostensibly still in school.How did he get it and what is the chance he hadn't been stopped and searched throughout the period, particularly since that 10pm-12mn is usually time when police teams on road blocks or patrol stop motorists and carry out searches.
The whole experiences were either fabricated,coined from a narration by someone else or leaving out some details.
Same thoughts but I have decided to mind my business

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by Omoawoke: 12:56pm On Jul 07, 2023
LasgidiOnline:
I don't have any experience, thank God for that.

The worst thing is that some thieves are here reading the experiences.

They are human beings and not spirits. They read all these things and they know within their hearts they have done terrible things.
I hate thieves, scammers. Why make life unbearable for others

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by lastkingsman: 12:57pm On Jul 07, 2023
ednut1:
Been robbed twice. First one in school hostel laptop 3 phones and 20k gone. On their way out they shot near my leg. Second one at home I wanted to looked at the face of the robbers as i about to lie down . One of them used his pistol to burst my face. The scar still dey my face grin

Kwakwakwa grin

My own experience was funny. Dem hold me first collect my phone. Say make I open my bank app transfer money at gunpoint in a lonely corner of the city. Omo, I come begin they praise them they shout "senior men" "baba oh" "men dem" "your boy loyal"grin

They come follow me they respond oh. God wey save me be say my fidelity bank account dey empty grin.

I sharply rush open am. When dem see my account balance,they come vex say I dress like person wey get money but shishi I no get. I apologized tell them say na naira redesign cash crunch dey affect my business. Dem say Dem go collect my fine Samsung phone with power bank. Another round of hailing started oh grin.

They come shift one side dey discuss. After discussing, them come return my phone say I be correct man, say they like they way I dey hail they co-operate grin. Say if to say I tried play smart, Dem for deal with me

Na N5,000 plus the power bank settle the matter. grin

13 Likes

Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by Omoawoke: 1:04pm On Jul 07, 2023
Namdeenero:
lol bro, I’ve got 5 bro. Recently moved into a new compound, people said the place is notorious for armed robbery so I got myself 5 adult Caucasian Shepherd dogs. Believe me I spent a fortune acquiring these dogs and taking care of them but it’s better I have them than staying and get robbed since we don’t allow firearms over here. Every evening I take two dogs on a short stroll, one day I came out of my gate and see two guys all run into an incompleted building beside my house and into the bush from there and that same evening I had to leash all my 5 dogs and take them strolling to the very end of the street, I made dem understand that I have not 2 but 5 heavy dogs that can Bleep any intruder up. Since that day omo I’ve lived peacefully. Intact the only headache I get is the occasional dog fights

You dey settle dog fights grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by membranus: 1:04pm On Jul 07, 2023
Klington:

Mother of all robberies.

Barawo is missing in your memes.

It should be shege, barawo, banza.
Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by olab059(m): 1:06pm On Jul 07, 2023
Taku555:
I find it hard to believe that you were not a member. Anyway, your blood is cold indeed.

You're responding to the wrong comment/person.
Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by sharpwriter(m): 1:09pm On Jul 07, 2023
seborrhic:

The guy didn't die and his colleagues scampered and throughout the rest of his years in school,the op was not touched.
No matter who you are and how well connected,there would be be one or two hardened members of the cultist group he shot that would plan something.To avoid suspicion,they usually invite members from other schools to carry out the revenge.But for him to sound like no one acted,sounds unlikely.
He also narrated he normally keeps a service pistol in 2013 when doing his night cab runs,while ostensibly still in school.How did he get it and what is the chance he hadn't been stopped and searched throughout the period, particularly since that 10pm-12mn is usually time when police teams on road blocks or patrol stop motorists and carry out searches.
The whole experiences were either fabricated,coined from a narration by someone else or leaving out some details.
Point out these red flags and ask him!
Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by Namdeenero(m): 1:13pm On Jul 07, 2023
Omoawoke:

You dey settle dog fights grin
Bro these dogs are steady fighting for dominance and it’s not easy separating them since I got them all as adults and it’s always bloody. The most recent happened just yesterday, between the two older dogs. I guess the younger ones know better than to play around those two.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by Jagermeister(m): 1:15pm On Jul 07, 2023
Buddha3:

Lol.

Forget the impression Nigerians create that Lagos is wild and if you haven't lived there, you never see life. Growing up in Calabar South during the Donald Duke years, you'll have experiences that will make an average Lagosian wet himself. Abi na Bayelsa creeks during the same period? Or even Eleme in PH that year?

It's not possible to grow on the South South streets during those years and come out as a complete adult today, except you were extra tough or had parents who shielded you from reality. Do you have any idea how many University students Donald Duke had sentenced to death by firing squad over cultism, manslaughter, assassinations? Even Donald Duke himself was once attacked at Anantigha while he drove with his convoy. The entire motorcade was sprayed with bullets. It took extra efforts and his own personal juju for him to have survived that incident.

Turns out there's a reason Donald Duke is called "the walking Indian Shrine of the South South".

You're not far from the truth...

These riverine areas were infamous, no doubt.

But you still be Rambo.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by YelloweWest: 1:43pm On Jul 07, 2023
A colleague of mine was mercilessly raped by a robber in her brother's house. She went for holiday and her elder brother traveled, just she and his wife were home.

Only one robber raped her, she was a virgin... she recounts the story with so much pain.... cry
Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by YelloweWest: 1:46pm On Jul 07, 2023
Buddha3:

Lol.

Forget the impression Nigerians create that Lagos is wild and if you haven't lived there, you never see life. Growing up in Calabar South during the Donald Duke years, you'll have experiences that will make an average Lagosian wet himself. Abi na Bayelsa creeks during the same period? Or even Eleme in PH that year?

It's not possible to grow on the South South streets during those years and come out as a complete adult today, except you were extra tough or had parents who shielded you from reality. Do you have any idea how many University students Donald Duke had sentenced to death by firing squad over cultism, manslaughter, assassinations? Even Donald Duke himself was once attacked at Anantigha while he drove with his convoy. The entire motorcade was sprayed with bullets. It took extra efforts and his own personal juju for him to have survived that incident.

Turns out there's a reason Donald Duke is called "the walking Indian Shrine of the South South".
We definitely has cultism problems in the SS but forget, Lagos is the crime capital of Nigeria!
Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 07, 2023
YelloweWest:

We definitely has cultism problems in the SS but forget, Lagos is the crime capital of Nigeria!

If you knew Calabar during the days Donald Duke held sway as Governor, you'll understand that cultism was even the least of the security concerns then.
Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 07, 2023
I guess you never stayed in lagos. Bro they rob banks in broad daylight in lagos
Buddha3:

If you knew Calabar during the days Donald Duke held sway as Governor, you'll understand that cultism was even the least of the security concerns then.

Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by Kajaard: 2:00pm On Jul 07, 2023
lastkingsman:

Kwakwakwa grin

My own experience was funny. Dem hold me first collect my phone. Say make I open my bank app transfer money at gunpoint in a lonely corner of the city. Omo, I come begin they praise them they shout "senior men" "baba oh" "men dem" "your boy loyal"grin

They come follow me they respond oh. God wey save me be say my fidelity bank account dey empty grin.

I sharply rush open am. When dem see my account balance,they come vex say I dress like person wey get money but shishi I no get. I apologized tell them say na naira redesign cash crunch dey affect my business. Dem say Dem go collect my fine Samsung phone with power bank. Another round of hailing started oh grin.

They come shift one side dey discuss. After discussing, them come return my phone say I be correct man, say they like they way I dey hail they co-operate grin. Say if to say I tried play smart, Dem for deal with me

Funniest thing I have read all day cheesy grin cheesy

Thanks for making me laugh cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by consultancy: 2:46pm On Jul 07, 2023
seborrhic:

leave that guy to his imaginations. I had a lot to say after reading the first stanza of his fable, but I chose to avoid a confrontation
Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by drlateef: 2:47pm On Jul 07, 2023
olab059:

So the guy was okay with you giving him just 300 naira?

Yes o!!! That was another shock!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by Poisonousman: 3:29pm On Jul 07, 2023
Mine wasn't funny... They came to my lodge .. then I had 3 phones, iPhone 4, asha 200 and Nokia torch .. that was around 2013 or so... Omo I had to hide the iPhone because I just bought it.. and naim dey reign that time.. this guy point me Kala say make I bring all my phones like say naa info them give them.. I gave them the ASHA 200 alone ... Them carry their wahala go.. men my neighbour weh run enter my house nearly piss for body cheesy cheesy cheesy,

Funny enough them carry my guy for lodge him rice him cook that night... Full big pot of jollof rice..guy man wan die.. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy[color=#006600][/color]

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by drimzsmoke(m): 3:39pm On Jul 07, 2023
carinmom:
Those animals broke into our house around 2am, tied up the security guard before entering the main apartment after breaking the burglarproof of one of the windows, about 7 of them all wielding machetes. Hubby almost lost three fingers when they injured him, they took away his car, our phones, laptops and some cash. It was one of the most terrible experience that I'll never forget cry cry cry

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Slowmir!!!!
Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by LasgidiOnline(m): 3:57pm On Jul 07, 2023
Omoawoke:

They are human beings and not spirits. They read all these things and they know within their hearts they have done terrible things.
I hate thieves, scammers. Why make life unbearable for others

It's very painful, I feel for their victims.
Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by Ten06(m): 4:15pm On Jul 07, 2023
Mine was when I took my phone to the phone village to fix the charging port.

In the phone was a memory card that contains my children childhood memories and different recordings that contains very vital information concerning the land I bought.

I used to get information that the seller of the land is planning to ceased the land from me through dubious means. I now called the man and recorded our coversion where he stated clearly that he did not intend to take the land and I have paid him completely.

Unfortunately, that demon from south east stole the memory card from the phone and put a condemn one with nothing inside. It took me some days before I could discover that the memory card has been stolen.
When I approached him, he started swearing for himself, people around started pleading with me not to take the issue to the police station.

Not too long after then the land case came up and the land seller had actually forged documents.
I had to forcefully sold the land very cheap to who was able to fight the seller and took the land from him. I know that God will not forgive that devil who made me lost my children childhood memories and other important documents.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by Damian911: 4:44pm On Jul 07, 2023
Didn't have any experience though apart from the fact that I once worked as a cashier at a bet shop and I was the only one and boss said I needed a partner and all that until he hired a particular guy.
The day the guy joined,all the street thugs and hoodlums that do patronize me then were hailing and praising him so much that my instincts did follow him. I told my mom about it and she said I should be careful. At first we got along and he even helped me recovered my money from those owing me then it got to a point my money started missing, up to the point of going home if they help me see money. Note that we use lockable chest and I always lock my chest with the key with me. Shit continued until I inadvertently caught this worthless sonofanitch bending below my chest trying to take what his hand can get him, damn! I was frustrated, disappointed and enraged at the same time told my boss and he was like "oh boy this boy don dey steal from you tey tey" the statement hurt my heart and pierced my soul. I thought of revenge though mum initially said I shouldn't take vengeance but when shit continued, she gave me the go ahead.
My first plan was to stake high on his account cos anytime he's out he'd lock his mouse in his chest and leave so I thought of removing the mouse from its source and replace it with another and I plan on staking high on Manchester City against Brentford until the unexpected happens!
Boss already told me earlier that we'll no longer use computer that it'll be replaced by laptop and the day before my mission was when he brought laptop for him (my co worker I've been talking about) He installed the laptop and its components and took away the computer to my chagrin. I felt un easy, frustrated and indeliberately betrayed. I later console myself by hoping he'll lock his mouse in his chest as usual but alas he logged out his account before leaving and I was totally devastated cos that was my only hope of revenge!
I later told mum about it and she said I should let go of it and put my hope in karma that someday he'll brutally suffered for what he did to me.
Despite the consolation I received from my mum I didn't give up, neither backed out nor withdraw my determination of getting revenge,I started considering how to unlock his chest with a different key and as much money as I want after different consideration and research I finally got a key that could unlock his chest and the day of discovery left me wild with excitement that I scattered his chest but later rearrange so he wouldn't doubt the security of his chest and may probably not put money in there.
Day 1 I unlocked it but the funds in there was inadequate same thing the following day until the D-Day
It fell on Wednesday and after some sales,nigga went out. I unlocked his chest, this time twas plentiful took some cash and spare change and locked it again and acted like nothing happened that day our shop was empty of customers and the street was deserted. Dude came back pulled his chest to ensure twas securely locked and he was deceived! He left again, immediately I packed all my properties and ensured my sales money was always kept in my pocket and not chest anymore, change my password and locked my system as I was away keeping my properties home na so the idiot called me asked me say shey I carry money from him chest con tell am say shey you gimme money abi key? He didn't need need a soothsayer or fortune teller to know I was responsible and to steal from me. He told everyone about his missing funds and that I was behind it some people came to me for clarification and I lied that twas a lie that since hin dey play baby he don short so tay him claim say I carry hin money and they believed while those that couldn't come to me were saying so many shit behind me. He told Boss about it,claiming his money was stolen and boss ask am shey hin no lock his chest he say he did was the chest broken,No so how come? Boss dismissed his claim as baseless and was told to refund the money and I also added to his tribulation before boss that he has probably run at loss and was trying to cover up with cock and bull story. He later resigned and refund the money sha

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by NACE13: 4:56pm On Jul 07, 2023
olab059:

Those guys would be like, chai! Why I no kukuma stay for my house.

Another dude in my hostel had it worse. He was still in wooing phase with my female neighbour. He brought his laptop over to her place so they can chill together.

Crazy enough, we later got to find out that the community Vigilante had a hand in it. I saw one of the robbers when they were leaving and described him to another person and he revealed who the guy and crew were.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by harmony75: 6:46pm On Jul 07, 2023
I have never experienced armed robbers except for missing pots, spoon, glass 🍸 cups disappearing in the house??!! 🤷‍♀️ Thank God for those who survived 🙏 some are not alive to tell their stories.
Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by chival(f): 6:57pm On Jul 07, 2023
Years ago when I was a teenager, armed robbers visited our home shortly after the death of my youngest sister. My mom had packed my late sister's clothes into a very large suitcase and stowed it with other suitcases on top of the wardrobe. The day the armed robbers visited, I was at my mom's restaurant with her and my dad. My maternal grandma, my younger brother and two other distant relatives who were living with us were at home.

When the armed robbers arrived, they calmly explained to my grandma that they were robbers but that they would not harm her. They then locked my brother and the other two relatives in one of the toilets and proceeded to rob the house. They pulled down the suitcases on top of the wardrobe in the master bedroom and searched all of them, taking away valuable items and gadgets. For some reason, they did not touch the suitcase containing my late sister's things even though it was the largest and most expensive looking. True to their words, they harmed no one in the house but they carted away every valuable thing they could lay their hands on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by Pacyrus(m): 6:58pm On Jul 07, 2023
lastkingsman:

Kwakwakwa grin

You get luck sha grin
Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by Brownshoe: 7:00pm On Jul 07, 2023
ahnie:
I had a recent experience months ago ...the person(s) targetted me very well,took away my 2 cylinders,coolers of food,luck I had was I didn't bring my industrial stove out too,I said lemmi rush to grind before bringing the stove out.

For the first time in years I cried like a baby,broken,exposed and down casted.
It felt like life had bn ripped outta me and I felt like dying because that was my sweat ripped off from me,stolen just like that....I was practically crying like a baby that day

Thanks to pocohantas, gazzuzz and folake4u that rallied around and came through for me.

That experience really shook me and since then I nor dey looseguard again.
It hurts when you're bn robbed,it's not a pleasant experience.

mama Delta you never still forget this your cooler, God go provide cold lorry
Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by id4sho(m): 7:39pm On Jul 07, 2023
lastkingsman:

Kwakwakwa grin

Gangster's paradise cheesy
Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by ahnie: 9:10pm On Jul 07, 2023
Brownshoe:
mama Delta you never still forget this your cooler, God go provide cold lorry

Papa Enugu,the compliment is not needed.rest. N have a sweet nyt rest.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by Brownshoe: 10:12pm On Jul 07, 2023
ahnie:

Papa Enugu,the compliment is not needed.rest. N have a sweet nyt rest.
hmm very stubborn! Go join militant or military
Re: Nigerians Recount Their Terrible, Gruesome Experiences With Armed Robbers. by YelloweWest: 10:19pm On Jul 07, 2023
Buddha3:

I was schooling in unical back then. Calaba was the headquarters of cultism in the ss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cult War In Rivers: 16 Killed In Shootout / Man Rescued While Trying To Commit Suicide In Jigawa State (photos) / Calabar Church-Ritual Items Are Drama Costumes; Blood From Goat, Chicken- Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.