Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,586 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Secondary Schools In The East now Abandoning NECO exams (photo) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Secondary Schools In The East now Abandoning NECO exams (photo) (2914 Views)

Ogun State Polytechnic Requires Key Holder For Students To Write Exams (Photo) / EBSU Students Protest After 5 Persons Fainted While Trying To Write Exams (Photo / Covid-19: FG Postpones WAEC, NECO Exams Indefinitely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Secondary Schools In The East now Abandoning NECO exams (photo) by Emperormartin(m): 2:27pm On Jul 09, 2023
It is becoming increasingly clear that most schools in the south East part of Nigeria no longer sit for NECO exams but prioritizing only WAEC.

Why the disdain of NECO?

Any idea

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Secondary Schools In The East now Abandoning NECO exams (photo) by Natbrowny: 2:33pm On Jul 09, 2023
Coz u end up spending to buy forms and wasting time reading to pass only for schools you are seeking admission from to request for WAEC and JAMB..

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Secondary Schools In The East now Abandoning NECO exams (photo) by endsarrrs(f): 2:34pm On Jul 09, 2023
Emperormartin:
It is becoming increasing clear that most schools in the south East part of Nigeria no longer sit for NECO exams but prioritizing only WAEC.

Why the disdain of NECO?

Any idea

Re: Secondary Schools In The East now Abandoning NECO exams (photo) by Emperormartin(m): 2:40pm On Jul 09, 2023
Natbrowny:
Coz u end up spending to buy forms and wasting time reading to pass only for schools you are seeking admission from to request for WAEC and JAMB..
Going by your thesis if tertiary institution only require WAEC and JAMB as yardstick for admission, then NECO need to be scrapped

18 Likes

Re: Secondary Schools In The East now Abandoning NECO exams (photo) by DeTribalisedCit: 3:28pm On Jul 09, 2023
Another information I got is that NECO requirements are quite much unlike WAEC that requests an upfront payment for everything, the payment for NECO paraphernalia (certificates, e.t.c.) are made in tranches. I also heard they jacked up their fees this year.

2 Likes

Re: Secondary Schools In The East now Abandoning NECO exams (photo) by crossfm: 4:24pm On Jul 09, 2023
Hehehe.

No one has been able to answer the question the way the op wanted it to be.

This is one of those thread's which seek to bring about tribal war,but it's not going as planned.

Igbo this, Yoruba that and Hausa this,that's all I see these days.

I haven't seen a thread where people come to discuss about issues that will better the life's of Nigerians.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Secondary Schools In The East now Abandoning NECO exams (photo) by FuckkMOD: 4:25pm On Jul 09, 2023
This is incorrect. Most of my friends gained admission with NECO
Natbrowny:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secondary Schools In The East now Abandoning NECO exams (photo) by Rich4god(m): 4:47pm On Jul 09, 2023
Neco will just give you pass in one important subject rendering the result useless.

1 Like

Re: Secondary Schools In The East now Abandoning NECO exams (photo) by wonder233: 6:25pm On Jul 09, 2023
I didn't do Waec, only Neco. Even with shouts then that Neco was not recognised etc. I knew better even as a young teenager cos I watch the news and I saw Neco passed into law as Nigeria's own exam body. The country merely retained waec out of courtesy.

2 Likes

Re: Secondary Schools In The East now Abandoning NECO exams (photo) by kalufelix(m): 6:25pm On Jul 09, 2023
Who that neco help...skipped two subjects delibrately...na nokia 2630 i use check my neco result till today...no A4 view to talk of a single hard copy..

2 Likes

Re: Secondary Schools In The East now Abandoning NECO exams (photo) by psucc(m): 6:26pm On Jul 09, 2023
Not just in the SE alone. EveΓ± here in Akwa Ibom State, students don't patronize NECO at all. I did a lot of inquisition only to discover that there is a misinformation about NECO certificate.

There's one and most circulated information that NECO certificate is not accepted outside Nigeria even in African countries.
2. That NECO certificate is not acceptable for admission in Nigeria universities for Professional courses.

With such info going round with no sensitization from NECO, poor or no guidance and counseling in schools, it has become an "established" truth

5 Likes

Re: Secondary Schools In The East now Abandoning NECO exams (photo) by Nemesis0147(m): 6:41pm On Jul 09, 2023
Natbrowny:
incorrect!!

1 Like

Re: Secondary Schools In The East now Abandoning NECO exams (photo) by sunnx(f): 7:02pm On Jul 09, 2023
NECO you cannot used it to study in ordinary Ghana here. WAEC is more recognised of the shore of Nigeria including in some European countries. My Original WAEC has first me to reach Austria and Finland in two consecutive time and come back home through DHL and NIPOST when seeking admission in these universities but NECO cannot travel beyond 36 state of Nigeria including the FCT, Abuja.

Abegi na who NECO add value to? Instead of NECO I advice potential "0" level students to NABTEC and do Trade test 3&4 and use it to pursue his or her careers in University for pure engineering course.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secondary Schools In The East now Abandoning NECO exams (photo) by nnamdi640: 7:29pm On Jul 09, 2023
Neco just like to give students c, no matter what you write Neco will dash you c in one of your core subjects making the result look less attractive

1 Like

Re: Secondary Schools In The East now Abandoning NECO exams (photo) by Nigerfine3: 7:46pm On Jul 09, 2023
wonder233:
I didn't do Waec, only Netco. Even with shouts then that Netco was not recognised etc. I knew better even as a young teenager cos I watch the news and I saw Netco passed into law as Nigeria's own exam body. The country merely retained waec out of courtesy.
You wrote about the name of such exam three times without knowing you don't even know the name it is called.one time is typo, twice oversights but three times shows all you do not qualify to pass the exam

3 Likes

Re: Secondary Schools In The East now Abandoning NECO exams (photo) by Jjamah(m): 8:45pm On Jul 09, 2023
You are right shocked
crossfm:
Hehehe.

This is one of those thread's which seek to bring about tribal war,but it's not going as planned.

I haven't seen a thread where people come to discuss about issues that will better the life's of Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Secondary Schools In The East now Abandoning NECO exams (photo) by Nairalandhotboy(m): 9:13pm On Jul 09, 2023
I paid for waec in my private school but we got the neco exam free..2005 though. Students pass waec more than neco. Any fact check?

2 Likes

Re: Secondary Schools In The East now Abandoning NECO exams (photo) by elyte89: 10:31pm On Jul 09, 2023
C as ppu Dey lie upandan for here πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Neco is not recognized outside Nigeria πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬

Lol and I use d same neco to secure admission here in d Uk πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ˜
Re: Secondary Schools In The East now Abandoning NECO exams (photo) by emperor4love(m): 10:37pm On Jul 09, 2023
FuckkMOD:
This is incorrect. Most of my friends gained admission with NECO
no mind am 2014 na neco I use enter school
Re: Secondary Schools In The East now Abandoning NECO exams (photo) by DMCY: 3:16am On Jul 10, 2023
Nigerfine3:

You wrote about the name of such exam three times without knowing you don't even know the name it is called.one time is typo, twice oversights but three times shows all you do not qualify to pass the exam

I thought I was the only one that saw itπŸ˜‚, NETCO indeed!🀣

1 Like

Re: Secondary Schools In The East now Abandoning NECO exams (photo) by mytime24(f): 6:27am On Jul 10, 2023
Watching wat this thread wil lead to
Re: Secondary Schools In The East now Abandoning NECO exams (photo) by christejames(m): 7:51am On Jul 10, 2023
The OP's mission shattered πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

Someone will stay in their one room and be generalising on a whole region? undecided
Re: Secondary Schools In The East now Abandoning NECO exams (photo) by adioolayi(m): 7:54am On Jul 10, 2023
The answer is simple...

Lack of money for two exams...

Parents technically resorted to what they can afford..

Also, registering your centre with NECO no be beans, so if students planning to write are not enough to cover such expenses, school owners won't register.

In most cases, State Governments are expected to subsidize these exams...that why states that are serous are still writing...for private schools, it's not an easy thing.

WAEC and NECO are still Nigeria's National exams, accepted by ALL tertiary institutions for admissions in the WORLD

1 Like

Re: Secondary Schools In The East now Abandoning NECO exams (photo) by duro4chang(m): 8:30am On Jul 10, 2023
Natbrowny:
All schools in Nigeria accept NECO
Re: Secondary Schools In The East now Abandoning NECO exams (photo) by Tochj(m): 8:41am On Jul 10, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

It's better we disappoint them
If posts are meant to cause tribalism
We stick to issues.

1 Like

Re: Secondary Schools In The East now Abandoning NECO exams (photo) by crossfm: 8:49am On Jul 10, 2023
Tochj:

It's better we disappoint them
If posts are meant to cause tribalism
We stick to issues.

You are right. Naira land is becoming too toxic and boring. We need to move beyond that.

1 Like

Re: Secondary Schools In The East now Abandoning NECO exams (photo) by Popesuccess(m): 8:53am On Jul 10, 2023
Emperormartin:
It is becoming increasingly clear that most schools in the south East part of Nigeria no longer sit for NECO exams but prioritizing only WAEC.

Why the disdain of NECO?

Any idea
Most family cannot afford to pay for both WAEC & NECO, so they go for the better one.

1 Like

Re: Secondary Schools In The East now Abandoning NECO exams (photo) by Blitzking: 9:20am On Jul 10, 2023
Wassce is such a standard body..I love that organisation. Just that some bad eggs are gradually creeping in at the school level and some internal elements.

(1) (Reply)

Waec 2011 Result / Unilag/dli Form For 2012/2013 Academic Session Is Out / JAMB 2015 Statistics: List Of Most Chosen Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.