Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. (51695 Views)

Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos) / Vandals Damage Lagos-Ibadan Railway Track, Trains Forced To Stop In Bush / Ikeja Under Bridge After Okada And Keke Ban (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. by naptu2: 3:41pm On Jul 10, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8emvJvbK4dQ

LAGOS TASKFORCE AGAIN CLEARS OSHODI RAILWAY TRACK, APONGBON UNDER BRIDGE, OTHER AREAS

….vows to sustain the tempo State wide

The Lagos State Taskforce has matched words with actions to rid the State of indiscriminate display of goods on the Highways, Road side, kerb and railway tracks across various parts of the Metropolis through enforcement exercises carried out by the Agency today.

The simultaneous operations which were tactically supervised by the Chairman of the Agency, CSP Shola Jejeloye was as a result of the directives of the State Government to all Environmental enforcement agencies of Government saddled with the responsibility of restoring sanity on the walkways, highways and rail tracks where some individuals incessantly carry out trading activities which not only debase the environment but also cause pain and discomfort to Lagosians.

Jejeloye disclosed that several notices have been served to traders, especially those at Oshodi rail track where the Agency carried out a sensitization and a subtle on the 23rd of May 2023 to discourage them from returning to the tracks but it fell on deaf ears.

“Our warnings have been sent out to them for as long as two years ago but they don’t listen. We served notices at Fagba where some people built shanties, kiosks from Fagba all the way to Pen Cinema and Isokoko thereby shortchanging motorists and pedestrians who should enjoy free movement along that axis. It is completely unfair to all Lagosians and we will make sure that they are all cleared out with immediate effect”.

The Chairman stated that though both the buyer and seller involved in these activities should be arrested, he tries to strike a balance and avoid double jeopardy by only seizing the goods found on the rail tracks and urged the Market leaders to come down to the Headquarters of the Agency for a round table engagement to foster a permanent solution to end this menace.

In a related development, The Lagos State Taskforce carried out an all night raid up to this morning underneath Apongbon Bridge where traders were asked to vacate the area in order to forestall any environmental mishaps that could re occur and lead to could lead to loss of lives and property the and jeopardize the safety and security of Lagosians.

Jejeloye disclosed that the action was necessary following the reopening of Eko Bridge after it had been shut for 15 months after a fire outbreak had occurred due to the activities of traders haphazardly clustered under the Bridge. He stated that it was necessary for the Agency to take these steps at this location and other strategic locations where the activities of Street traders posed a major threat to the Environment and general well being of Lagosians.

He appealed to all traders to relocate their activities to the complex provided by the State Government and desist from carrying out activities that are counter productive to the State.

“Achieving a Mega City status as enshrined in the THEMES Agenda of the State Government is a collective effort and all hands must be on deck to ensure its sustenance. We will carry out these enforcement exercise on a daily basis to ensure we achieve our aim and anyone found going against the law will be arrested and prosecuted accordingly” He concluded.

Gbadeyan Abdulraheem
Director, Press & Public Affairs
Lagos State Taskforce

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02fqXkQJ898Pu6vkoa7rVWkwWsDJSkHKpAsqdegyrao4AWaxoStrZKkeZeiC9pgr7Pl&id=100026121202525

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. by naptu2: 3:42pm On Jul 10, 2023
More photos

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. by naptu2: 3:42pm On Jul 10, 2023
End.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. by PlayMaker14: 3:47pm On Jul 10, 2023
Lagos dirty sha...

108 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. by TemplarLandry: 3:57pm On Jul 10, 2023
Yes, very good.
These aliens come to our lands to scavenge and live in shacks.
Lagos must metamorphose into an ideal city.

I dedicate “If I Ruled The World” by Nas feat. Lauryn Hill to this Task Force. Great jam!

91 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. by nairavsdollars(f): 4:08pm On Jul 10, 2023
Let the poor breef. Don't suffocate them

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. by ideatoprince18(m): 4:08pm On Jul 10, 2023
May Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. Favor me and my family

121 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. by HeartlessMan: 4:08pm On Jul 10, 2023
Lookat the level of dirtiness in Agbado Nation.

95 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. by Evilspirit666: 4:08pm On Jul 10, 2023
Oya, operation clean

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. by illuminutty: 4:08pm On Jul 10, 2023
Give them three weeks, max. Same police and taskforce will put their own people there and collect money from them. Na today? Lagos is the most reckless and undisciplined state you can find anywhere in the world.

Just returned from Abuja, I did not see any danfo, keke or yellow molue or ab0ki okada riders constituting nuisance on the road. I did not see any driver, private car or government officials driving against traffic or running traffic light.

As soon as I got off the flight and entered the street of Lagos, the entire madness just displayed everywhere.

111 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. by Segzy19: 4:08pm On Jul 10, 2023
Lovely! Send them back to their various villages...
Too many nuisance in Lagos....

38 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. by nomeer: 4:08pm On Jul 10, 2023
People can sell but let them go rent shops and not sell on railways and roadside. I was standing by the road one day when one woman shouted at me to leave the front of her market. I was like for main road. Chaaai, what a country

180 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. by ednut1(m): 4:09pm On Jul 10, 2023
Give them 1 month they will be back

10 Likes

Re: Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. by MS247: 4:09pm On Jul 10, 2023
Only in Nigeria.... They are begging them not to die

Indian train mishap is enough lesson

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. by Agbadocassava: 4:09pm On Jul 10, 2023
This is witch-hunt they should have given the Igbo traders one month notice before dis…

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. by atobs4real(m): 4:09pm On Jul 10, 2023
We can't allow visitors dirty Lagos henceforth.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. by Zico5(m): 4:09pm On Jul 10, 2023
It's long due, that place is eye sore.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. by Aziishyco(m): 4:09pm On Jul 10, 2023
Enough Hunger is loading in that state

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. by sulaak(m): 4:09pm On Jul 10, 2023
They should use electric fences to protect the bridge and rail tracks.

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. by PotatoSalad(m): 4:10pm On Jul 10, 2023
Give them two days.
I remember the days of NYSC. We did community cleanup one Saturday morning. Cleaned everywhere including gutters.
After marking attendance, i headed to a bus stand with peeps and saw they've littered the whole place again. It was still 9 am. 🥺
Nigerians are dirty by default.
If not for security, dem go replicate same madness at the malls.

30 Likes

Re: Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. by broadman20: 4:10pm On Jul 10, 2023
Hmmmmm!

Trabalistic statements will soon start,

Oya just watch.

Hahaha.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. by VicHots(f): 4:10pm On Jul 10, 2023
I hoped it's sustained!

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. by ATEAMS: 4:10pm On Jul 10, 2023
Indeed
Re: Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. by Lifestone(m): 4:11pm On Jul 10, 2023
nairavsdollars:
Let the poor breef. Don't suffocate them
Haaaa
Re: Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. by Opportuneke(m): 4:11pm On Jul 10, 2023
Good riddance to bad rubbish 🙌🏻

✌️

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. by APCNig: 4:11pm On Jul 10, 2023
Back to Upper Iweka Bridge Head. You can be living and feeding in my house and be planning my downfall

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. by Mohisah: 4:12pm On Jul 10, 2023
MS247:
Only in Nigeria.... They are begging them not to die

Indian train mishap is enough lesson
I wonder o. Imagine sleeping on rail track and train is comin or mishap of a tin🤥
Naija pipu nid throttle cable bfr dey could undstnd warning ⚠️

6 Likes

Re: Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. by Randal: 4:12pm On Jul 10, 2023
Commendable

6 Likes

Re: Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. by Hezzyluv: 4:12pm On Jul 10, 2023
This country still has long..... way to go!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. by computer0810(m): 4:12pm On Jul 10, 2023
Hw I wish dey can maintain dis operation

6 Likes

Re: Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. by Moniya4Real(m): 4:12pm On Jul 10, 2023
I beg, make dem come to ikorodu garage. That spot is an eyesore

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites / African Migrant Caught Hiding In Car's Engine In Attempt To Enter Spain(photo) / Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.