Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,067 members, 7,814,689 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years (25318 Views)

OpenAI Co-Founder, Greg Brockman, Resigns / Charles Kie Resigns As Ecobank Nigeria's CEO / Adeola Fayehun Resigns From Sahara Reporters After 6 Years (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by Angelfrost(m): 11:49am On Jul 11, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
Yes o. Don't mind them.

Most of them went to school but remain largely uneducated.

How can you attend a Government owned Tertiary Institution and say Nigeria has done nothing for you.

I know some people that paid a Total Tuition of less than N200,000 for a 4-year undergraduate programme.

Do you Guys know the actual cost of such programme if not subsidised by the Government?

Dull people

Is that why every sector of the nation was left to rot, including the healthcare sector??!

Is that excusable for the widespread and unbridled corruption and stealing across sectors??!

Is that why all professionals should continue suffering and dying while Politicians steal the nation into the grave??!

2 Likes

Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by haybhi1(m): 11:49am On Jul 11, 2023
Omoluabi
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by iffybosco(m): 11:49am On Jul 11, 2023
If she/he has not made it abroad. He wouldn't be resigning to return to our dear country to help develop things

You wanted to sound patriotic but going through your profile and previous threads show precisely the tribalistic nature of your personality

Total waste of time engaging you

3 Likes

Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by EcoNews: 11:50am On Jul 11, 2023
Is tribalism isn't making the country good of course it is the tribalism n bigotry from bastard like the Pandora criminal Peter Obi that will make the country good

anungangampu:

As if your tribalism is making the country good. When he comes back here same thing that kept him in Uk will chase him out again.

A typical Nigerian tribe that always paint outside their house to look nice for passerby but inside is full of excrete.
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by Styluss: 11:50am On Jul 11, 2023
And here we go again, 200,000 for a 4 years course, 2 years strike inclusive, low standard education standard inclusive. Are you recommending students to pay in USD or GBP because UK is charging 10K per year? Please, yall need to sit and think before writing comments
NaughtyBrainiac:
Yes o. Don't mind them.

Most of them went to school but remain largely uneducated.

How can you attend a Government owned Tertiary Institution and say Nigeria has done nothing for you.

I know some people that paid a Total Tuition of less than N200,000 for a 4-year undergraduate programme.

Do you Guys know the actual cost of such programme if not subsidised by the Government?

Dull people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by Jman06(m): 11:51am On Jul 11, 2023
I have similar story to tell but I'll rather wait until things mature.

Congrats to Dr Simi.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by arshavineering(m): 11:52am On Jul 11, 2023
seunmsg:

This is not a thread for tribal fights. This is a thread to encourage patriotism and the can do spirit of Nigerians. It’s a thread to promote our belief in the country. I have no other country other than Nigeria and I want the best for her irrespective of political affiliations. You need the the same mindset. Let’s leave the APC vs PDP/LP out of here, please.

You even acknowledge your tribalistic comments on other threads!
Sometimes I read your tribalistic comments and shake my head cos I am broken as to how even the so-called learned folkes also indulge in it.

Seun, the narrative (tribalism) you and this your platform is pushing out is so unfortunate 😞. I hope you don't regret it someday.

Have a nice day ❤️

1 Like

Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by zinaunreal(m): 11:53am On Jul 11, 2023
seunmsg:
I opened this thread purposely to pass a message to those who constantly barrage the country with insults and negativity and see no good in her.

A lot of us have similar stories to this lady. We got educated to the highest level almost for free but still have nothing positive to say about the country. Some of them will even boldly say Nigeria has done absolutely nothing for them.

Good enough, people like Dr. Simi are trying to change the narratives. She’s coming back home to serve and give back to a country that made her a medical doctor almost for free. We need more patriots and optimist like her.

Nigeria may not be where we want her to be but being perpetually negative and denying the benefits we’ve received from the country is definitely not the way to go. With positive energy and a deep and patriotic commitment to the country, Nigeria will start flying in just a matter of years.

All the best to Dr. Simi as she returns to serve her Father’s land.

I went to school in two African countries , Nigeria is good but their entitled mentality is not the best can also be contested . Nothing special about our education

1 Like

Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by wittywriter: 11:54am On Jul 11, 2023
Congrats

Wittyness
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by Styluss: 11:55am On Jul 11, 2023
Is the standard of living thesame? Is the educational standard thesame? How many years strike ? Do they have same prospects? any support system loans or incentives? Before you compare, put all this into consideration! Btw, some Countries still run a totally free Education. If you are a Nigerian in Diaspora, more intellectual submission is expected from you
ednut1:
I went to university for less than 100k naira. Today people who spent 35k to 50k dols for their education are working under me. When people say Nigeria has done nothing for them, they are being disingenuous. I have siblings who went to private schools and schooled abroad too. It wasn’t easy for my parents compared to my own cheesy
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by Blaqputin(m): 11:56am On Jul 11, 2023
9jatriot:
Same thing with fuel subsidy removal. You hear people say Nigeria has done nothing for them, now when subsidy was removed, they now start crying.
If you claim Nigeria has done nothing, is that subsidy not something that has been done for you all these years.

Health and education are 2 areas that are heavily subsidized in this nation. Go to any public hospital in Nigeria and see the number of people there. Even private hospital will refer patients there when things get out of hand in their own facility.

I appreciate Nigeria a lot o, personally. The problem is that people would rather you join them to complain otherwise they will accuse you of gaining something from the government and start wishing you evil so that they can say I told you so.
You no get sense.
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by RALPHOW(m): 11:57am On Jul 11, 2023
Truly, many don't know that Nigeria Education is heavily subsidised.
To study Engineering or Medicine in UK , USA and other advanced countries is very expensive.

Though, they allowed you to study on readily available student loans.

3 Likes

Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by rajiedreez: 11:58am On Jul 11, 2023
Na person you be
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by Codes151(m): 12:00pm On Jul 11, 2023
na wa.. op just they scan twitter dey post every thing e see...
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by Bfly: 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2023
Afterall is the present state of Nigeria something to be proud of. Shun individualism abeg. Let it extend
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by OboOlora(f): 12:51pm On Jul 11, 2023
She should also renounce her British citizenship so she can’t go back when Ojuyobor shows her shege!
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by lokoventurex1(m): 12:51pm On Jul 11, 2023
Angelfrost:

Is that why every sector of the nation was left to rot, including the healthcare sector??!

Is that excusable for the widespread and unbridled corruption and stealing across sectors??!

Is that why all professionals should continue suffering and dying while Politicians steal the nation into the grave??!
I always respect your views and opinion on most NL topics. However, I think you need to understand the guy's point. I didn't know I've enjoyed this much as a Nigerian until this afternoon reading this post.

I attended a public secondary school and federal higher institution almost for free. If government didn't subsidize it, only God knows how difficult it would have been. Although, it's not an excuse for the corruption going on in almost every government unit and miniseries. It's nothing to write home about we know, but Nigeria as a country has done a lot for us in the area of education let's be frank!

We can always balance it and still expose their wrong doings until we get a Nigeria we all deserve...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by TenQ: 12:52pm On Jul 11, 2023
seunmsg:
I opened this thread purposely to pass a message to those who constantly barrage the country with insults and negativity and see no good in her.

A lot of us have similar stories to this lady. We got educated to the highest level almost for free but still have nothing positive to say about the country. Some of them will even boldly say Nigeria has done absolutely nothing for them.

I wish Dr Simi told us how Nigeria sponsored most of her education : my parents and myself solely were the sponsors of my own Education.
Till today, I and my wife have been the sole sponsor of our children's education.

Over to you!

How?
I want to learn!
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by Kukutenla: 12:54pm On Jul 11, 2023
seunmsg:

Good enough, people like Dr. Simi are trying to change the narratives. She’s coming back home to serve and give back to a country that made her a medical doctor almost for free. We need more patriots and optimist like her.

Nigeria may not be where we want her to be but being perpetually negative and denying the benefits we’ve received from the country is definitely not the way to go. With positive energy and a deep and patriotic commitment to the country, Nigeria will start flying in just a matter of years.

Why did she leave in the first place
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by Otuegbe: 12:56pm On Jul 11, 2023
Why wait for 20 years. She has acquired enough money. She just want to come home and invest.
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by Angelfrost(m): 12:57pm On Jul 11, 2023
lokoventurex1:

I always respect your views and opinion on most NL topics. However, I think you need to understand the guy's point. I didn't know I've enjoyed this much as a Nigerian until this afternoon reading this post.

I attended a public secondary school and federal higher institution almost for free. If government didn't subsidize it, only God knows how difficult it would have been. Although, it's not an excuse for the corruption going on in almost every government unit and miniseries. It's nothing to write home about we know, but Nigeria as a country has done a lot for us in the area of education let's be frank!

We can always balance it and still expose their wrong doings until we get a Nigeria we all deserve...

I completely understand your point and his... I was merely trying to point out that subsidizing these things should never excuse failure to develop the nation beyond this level.
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by Masterito(m): 1:01pm On Jul 11, 2023
Why didn't realise under Buhari?
MS247:
May God bless her

Nigeria is heavily subsidized
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by 9jatriot(m): 1:06pm On Jul 11, 2023
He said he went through a 4 year course with 100k naira. Even using 100 naira as exchange rate, that will still be 1,000 USD. If you use 500 naira as exchange rate that values quickly changes to $200. That is what he paid to attend a university for 4 years. I don't even want to use the 790 naira as exchange rate.

So tell me how the quality of education is expected to be the same, yet he is telling you that inspite of the so called low quality of education, he is able to hold his own with all those who attended the so called standard education to the extent that he is even boss to some of them.
Make una stop to de run down una country at every turn. Everyone can criticize but running down your country is really pathetic in my opinion

Styluss:
Is the standard of living thesame? Is the educational standard thesame? How many years strike ? Do they have same prospects? any support system loans or incentives? Before you compare, put all this into consideration! Btw, some Countries still run a totally free Education. If you are a Nigerian in Diaspora, more intellectual submission is expected from you

3 Likes

Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by lokoventurex1(m): 1:08pm On Jul 11, 2023
Angelfrost:

I completely understand your point and his... I was merely trying to point out that subsidizing these things should never excuse failure to develop the nation beyond this level.
I totally agree too with your rephrased quote.

After all, almost everyone will jump at the Opportunity Dr. simi got and it's not a crime if she's coming back home to contribute her quota.

Please continue to expose them. I always enjoy you shading them. But on education, maybe we have really enjoyed to a large extent and we didn't know. I intentionally didn't mention health despite how much they subsidized it.
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by Angelfrost(m): 1:11pm On Jul 11, 2023
lokoventurex1:

I totally agree too with your rephrased quote.

After all, almost everyone will jump at the Opportunity Dr. simi got and it's not a crime if she's coming back home to contribute her quota.

Please continue to expose them. I always enjoy you shading them. But on education, maybe we have really enjoyed to a large extent and we didn't know. I intentionally didn't mention health despite how much they subsidized it.

I have said it on past threads that Education can no longer and should no longer be subsidized, especially tertiary education!

It's more than enough to get subsidized primary and secondary education, but demanding almost free university education is unrealistic!

1 Like

Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by Styluss: 1:18pm On Jul 11, 2023
No one is running down the country, I am just saying the comparism does not correlate.
Education is cheap, how many people can comfortably afford it here in Nigeria? most states Uni pays nothing less than 150K per year at the moment, where minimum wage is 30K. For a USA and UK citizen, as expensive as you said it is, they can easily afford it, in fact they dont even go to school, most UK university are empty without african students, Germany still runs free Education. It's expensive because you are an international student. Its not expensive for them, they have access to loans and other incentives.
9jatriot:
He said he went through a 4 year course with 100k naira. Even using 100 naira as exchange rate, that will still be 1k USD.

So tell me how the quality of education is expected to be the same, yet he is telling you that inspite of the so called low quality of education, he is able to hold his own with all those who attended the so called standard education to the extent that he is even boss to some of them.
Make una stop to de run down una country at every turn. Everyone can criticize but running down your country is really pathetic in my opinion

Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by Makamatic: 1:18pm On Jul 11, 2023
Op they Germany they talk nonsense , ednut japa from UK to Canada , 9jatroit they UK but you want us to stay in Nigeria because of subsidy . Apart from ednut because him they help people japa , thunder kill the OP and 9jatroit . Wicked people , omo ase. Them go deport both of una make una come use the subsidy for naija
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by Shattuck(m): 1:21pm On Jul 11, 2023
seunmsg:

This is not a thread for tribal fights. This is a thread to encourage patriotism and the can do spirit of Nigerians. It’s a thread to promote our belief in the country. I have no other country other than Nigeria and I want the best for her irrespective of political affiliations. You need the the same mindset. Let’s leave the APC vs PDP/LP out of here, please.
you can't just wake up one morning and say today is not a bigotry day, and the next day you are playing the ethnic card, back to the topic, Nigeria is a troubled nation, there are those who believe that for Nigeria to progress there is a certain part the nation must follow, that is why you see them fighting so hard for Nigeria to get certain things right to have the right principle, because we believe that once we get our principles right everyother thing will fall into place, on the other hand there are others who believe that no matter what path Nigeria takes, it does not affect the nations future, to them they believe Nigeria can thrive along with these flaws, ok Nigeria is very corrupt so what? our leaders have no principle and moral conscience, how does that stop our greatness? a corrupt electoral system, a corrupt judiciary, doe not affect them, this group of Nigerians believe that Nigeria can satisfy both their greed and that of the corrupt leaders they support and the need of the nation, this is the group you the op belongs to, while I belong to the other part, so when we are troubled that things are not done in the right way and are less hopeful about a bright future for the nation, you are happy and optimistic not because you believe in Nigeria more, but because you believe you greed, bigotry and that of the politicians can be satisfied alongside the needs of the masses.

1 Like

Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by KingPure(m): 1:25pm On Jul 11, 2023
Did I hear incoming honourable Federal Minister of Health or just...
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by 9jatriot(m): 1:28pm On Jul 11, 2023
Sir/ ma. No they cannot easily afford it. That is why they have to take heavy loans for those who can risk it. The major reason many of those schools are empty is because of the high cost.

How many people can afford it in Nigeria you ask? There are lot more students from poor homes attending Universities in Nigeria than you would find in the US.

Styluss:
No one is running down the country, I am just saying the comparism does not correlate.
Education is cheap, how many people can comfortably afford it here in Nigeria? most states Uni pays nothing less than 150K per year at the moment. For a USA and UK citizen, as expensive as you said it is, they can easily afford it, in fact they dont even go to school, most UK university are empty without african students, Germany still runs free Education. It's expensive because you are an international student. Its not expensive for them, they have access to loans and other incentives.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State / How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice / Female Bank Marketers, Unholy Targets And The Sleaze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.