Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,329 members, 7,836,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years (25360 Views)

OpenAI Co-Founder, Greg Brockman, Resigns / Charles Kie Resigns As Ecobank Nigeria's CEO / Adeola Fayehun Resigns From Sahara Reporters After 6 Years (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by Shattuck(m): 1:37pm On Jul 11, 2023
RALPHOW:
Truly, many don't know that Nigeria Education is heavily subsidised.
To study Engineering or Medicine in UK , USA and other advanced countries is very expensive.

Though, they allowed you to study on readily available student loans.
if you compare to the purchasing power I don't think govt is subsidizing education much is comparison to the western nations you all always compare to, in Nigeria for a semester a public university study pay an average of 100 thousand i think, for fees and other levies, if you campare that to a minimum wage earner of 30k of which it was 18k for years, you will see that a minimum wage earners will have to spend a complete 3 months or more salary for tuition, most developed nations also subsidies public education too in Canada for citizens or PR holders they pay Less that 5k dollars or even less on tuition fees, with miminum wage in these nations you may not have to even spend your complete 3months wage for tuition, I think the popular notion about cost of education is largely due to the fact Nigerian pay the tuition for international student which is way higher than those the citizens pay for the same program.
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by BOYS2MEN: 1:43pm On Jul 11, 2023
Rubbish......
seunmsg:

This is not a thread for tribal fights. This is a thread to encourage patriotism and the can do spirit of Nigerians. It’s a thread to promote our belief in the country. I have no other country other than Nigeria and I want the best for her irrespective of political affiliations. You need the the same mindset. Let’s leave the APC vs PDP/LP out of here, please.

1 Like

Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by sal1974: 1:44pm On Jul 11, 2023
Boyooosa:

I understand your point and appreciate the fact that you are trying to let Nigerians see the good part of the country.

Meanwhile, I'll like you to help with two clarifications:

1. With your own personal experience, how were you educated in Nigeria 'almost for free'?

2. With the system on ground as at date in Nigeria, do you think Dr Simi will be able to fulfil her utmost and wishful mission?

Thanx for anticipated sincere response

People that attended Govt school paid next to nothing come their counterparts that school abroad
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by seunmsg(m): 1:52pm On Jul 11, 2023
Boyooosa:

I understand your point and appreciate the fact that you are trying to let Nigerians see the good part of the country.

Meanwhile, I'll like you to help with two clarifications:

1. With your own personal experience, how were you educated in Nigeria 'almost for free'?

2. With the system on ground as at date in Nigeria, do you think Dr Simi will be able to fulfil her utmost and wishful mission?

Thanx for anticipated sincere response

1. Yes, I was educated to the university level almost for free. I attended a tuition free public secondary where government even paid for my NECO examination. For my university education, I attended a state university where I paid a total of 38kfor the four years program. The highest I paid per session was 10k. So you see, I’m perfectly in order if I say I was educated for free.

2. Well, there is nothing wrong in trying. A lot of Nigerians have excelled in public offices in the country. If we don’t encourage some of our best brains to serve in public offices, we may not get it right as a country. No matter the challenges we are facing today, we still need to keep trying.

3 Likes

Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by olamike02: 1:53pm On Jul 11, 2023
seunmsg:

https://twitter.com/simisola10/status/1677742036043145216?s=46
Omoluabi. Unlike some riff Raff that has hardly touched down in UK who will curse their home country. Best of lucks to you.
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by Styluss: 1:55pm On Jul 11, 2023
Thank you.
9jatriot:
Sir/ ma. No they cannot easily afford it. That is
why they have to take heavy loans for those who can risk it. The major reason many of those schools are empty is because of the high cost.

How many people can afford it in Nigeria you ask? There are lot more students from poor homes attending Universities in Nigeria than you would find in the US.

Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by Jeezuzpick(m): 2:05pm On Jul 11, 2023
seunmsg:
I opened this thread purposely to pass a message to those who constantly barrage the country with insults and negativity and see no good in her.

A lot of us have similar stories to this lady. We got educated to the highest level almost for free but still have nothing positive to say about the country. Some of them will even boldly say Nigeria has done absolutely nothing for them.

Good enough, people like Dr. Simi are trying to change the narratives. She’s coming back home to serve and give back to a country that made her a medical doctor almost for free. We need more patriots and optimist like her.

Nigeria may not be where we want her to be but being perpetually negative and denying the benefits we’ve received from the country is definitely not the way to go. With positive energy and a deep and patriotic commitment to the country, Nigeria will start flying in just a matter of years.

All the best to Dr. Simi as she returns to serve her Father’s land.

After she stayed for 20 years, right?

Oya naa, let others goan do their own 20 years "in-Britainment" then come and serve their "Father's Land", if PDAPC have not finished it by then.

1 Like

Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by seunmsg(m): 2:12pm On Jul 11, 2023
arshavineering:

You even acknowledge your tribalistic comments on other threads!
Sometimes I read your tribalistic comments and shake my head cos I am broken as to how even the so-called learned folkes also indulge in it.

Seun, the narrative (tribalism) you and this your platform is pushing out is so unfortunate 😞. I hope you don't regret it someday.

Have a nice day ❤️

Ethnocentrism is inherent in every human being. Denying it is denying the obvious. We just don’t have to promote it to the point of bigotry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by frog12: 2:41pm On Jul 11, 2023
she dey advertise for minister of health grin grin grin
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by Shokoloko(f): 3:02pm On Jul 11, 2023
seunmsg:
I opened this thread purposely to pass a message to those who constantly barrage the country with insults and negativity and see no good in her.

A lot of us have similar stories to this lady. We got educated to the highest level almost for free but still have nothing positive to say about the country. Some of them will even boldly say Nigeria has done absolutely nothing for them.

Good enough, people like Dr. Simi are trying to change the narratives. She’s coming back home to serve and give back to a country that made her a medical doctor almost for free. We need more patriots and optimist like her.

Nigeria may not be where we want her to be but being perpetually negative and denying the benefits we’ve received from the country is definitely not the way to go. With positive energy and a deep and patriotic commitment to the country, Nigeria will start flying in just a matter of years.

Read again slowly. She never said she was returning.
I am happy she plans to help in whatever capacity. We all plan to help our country at some point in our lives, however returning is not on our table anytime soon.
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by Shokoloko(f): 3:06pm On Jul 11, 2023
iffybosco:
If she/he has not made it abroad. He wouldn't be resigning to return to our dear country to help develop things

You wanted to sound patriotic but going through your profile and previous threads show precisely the tribalistic nature of your personality

Total waste of time engaging you
She didn't even say she was returning. She only said she leaving her permanent role as partner. We don't know if she will begin a causal or on-call role somewhere because she needs money to fund the lifestyle she is used to.
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by Kemadealadire(f): 3:33pm On Jul 11, 2023
MyChoice1:
My mind tells me that this one is advertising herself to be given a portfolio in Nigeria since na Dem dey in power now. Adeosun comes to mind...

Anything wrong in that?? Besides, she seems qualified, nothing wrong with blowing your trumpet where and when necessary.
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by chinchum(m): 3:34pm On Jul 11, 2023
NaughtyBrainiac:
Yes o. Don't mind them.

Most of them went to school but remain largely uneducated.

How can you attend a Government owned Tertiary Institution and say Nigeria has done nothing for you.

I know some people that paid a Total Tuition of less than N200,000 for a 4-year undergraduate programme.

Do you Guys know the actual cost of such programme if not subsidised by the Government?

Dull people
i paid less than 40,000 naira as tuition in total for a 5 year programme in a federal university.
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by seunmsg(m): 3:36pm On Jul 11, 2023
Shokoloko:

Read again slowly. She never said she was returning.
I am happy she plans to help in whatever capacity. We all plan to help our country at some point in our lives, however returning is not on our table anytime soon.

She’s returning.

1 Like

Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by erniok(m): 3:52pm On Jul 11, 2023
seunmsg:

This is not a thread for tribal fights. This is a thread to encourage patriotism and the can do spirit of Nigerians. It’s a thread to promote our belief in the country. I have no other country other than Nigeria and I want the best for her irrespective of political affiliations. You need the the same mindset. Let’s leave the APC vs PDP/LP out of here, please.

If we can only have this type of mentality as citizens, then I'll be bold to say that we are on the pathway to greatness but sadly, Nigerians will continue to look at things no matter how critical through the distorted and darkened lens of tribalism, religion and politics.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by laiperi: 5:17pm On Jul 11, 2023
If your professors and the professors of your professors did not return home, who would have taught you?
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by MMempire(m): 5:58pm On Jul 11, 2023
Praying insecurity will not chase her back.
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by docsholz(m): 7:45pm On Jul 11, 2023
seunmsg:

She’s returning.

If you think a doctor in the UK will come back to Nigeria to earn the peanuts your government pays doctors you must be a smoking cheap weed
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by seunmsg(m): 8:09pm On Jul 11, 2023
docsholz:

If you think a doctor in the UK will come back to Nigeria to earn the peanuts your government pays doctors you must be a smoking cheap weed

Dr. Pate resigned as the CEO of Gavi, a multibillion dollar global vaccine company to serve in Nigeria. Dr. Simi is also resigning to come and serve Nigeria. We have a lot of Nigerians out there who still put patriotism ahead of personal benefit.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by Boyooosa(m): 8:14pm On Jul 11, 2023
seunmsg:

1. Yes, I was educated to the university level almost for free. I attended a tuition free public secondary where government even paid for my NECO examination. For my university education, I attended a state university where I paid a total of 38kfor the four years program. The highest I paid per session was 10k. So you see, I’m perfectly in order if I say I was educated for free.

2. Well, there is nothing wrong in trying. A lot of Nigerians have excelled in public offices in the country. If we don’t encourage some of our best brains to serve in public offices, we may not get it right as a country. No matter the challenges we are facing today, we still need to keep trying.

You are right tho

Just that, on point 1, relatively, N10k (per session) value as at then was not cheap nor 'close to free'.

You paid tuition fee based on the value applicable then, it's relatively equivalent to what students pay now

I pray things get better sha
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by nextstep(m): 9:06pm On Jul 11, 2023
Dr. Simi no come back oh! If it's not police, na kidnappers. Patients won't pay yet want service. Nepa won't provide u with light for your practice, petrol scarcity go dey, and gov't will frustrate you from getting equipment, and the nurses are as callous as can be.

If Naija dey hungry you, visit Abuja for 2 weeks twice a year, then return to obodo oyinbo abeg. Rwanda dey, Ghana dey, no come here to be destroyed.
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by Amopeekun(f): 9:16pm On Jul 11, 2023
I made enemies when I said something similar - subsidizing tertiary institutions will ruin the educational sector. They said I had the money to pay. How? Where? If we can only be sincere to open up ways to ease payments for students, everyone will go to school and the private schooling shakabula will pipe down. We just need to be sincere with everything. Kai, Nigeria!
Angelfrost:

I have said it on past threads that Education can no longer and should no longer be subsidized, especially tertiary education!

It's more than enough to get subsidized primary and secondary education, but demanding almost free university education is unrealistic!
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by Amopeekun(f): 9:27pm On Jul 11, 2023
I also paid close to nothing for my tertiary education. Infact, I didn't pay a dime for my secondary education. Everything was paid for by the government including my uniform, house wear, mattress, bucket, cutlery, name it! wink

Transport to and fro school was taken care of by government. Feeding inclusive. Infact, they paid me local government transport fare when I got back from school. Government tried and is still trying. A lot of us benefitted from her. I will forever be grateful.

Whatever downside, I saw as part of growing up and has helped to shape my personality.

Someday, I will also like to give back. I think we all owe her something, no matter how small. If you feel you don't, pray for her.
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by docsholz(m): 10:46pm On Jul 11, 2023
seunmsg:

Dr. Pate resigned as the CEO of Gavi, a multibillion dollar global vaccine company to serve in Nigeria. Dr. Simi is also resigning to come and serve Nigeria. We have a lot of Nigerians out there who still put patriotism ahead of personal benefit.

Sitting behind a desk in Abuja earning millions isn't service, she should come and work in general hospital ikorodu or a PHC in kano then I'll take her/them seriously
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by Ray02: 11:00pm On Jul 11, 2023
Styluss:
And here we go again, 200,000 for a 4 years course, 2 years strike inclusive, low standard education standard inclusive. Are you recommending students to pay in USD or GBP because UK is charging 10K per year? Please, yall need to sit and think before writing comments
These people amuse me u swear, as if Nigeria currency is Dollar. Do they expect Nigerians to be paying equivalent of what they pay abroad cos our currency has been spoilt by people they want me to be praising? Lmao

1 Like

Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 12, 2023
seunmsg:

Seun stop trying to appease them...is this Seun osewa?
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by seunmsg(m): 8:04am On Jul 12, 2023
FacilitatorLekk:

Seun stop trying to appease them...is this Seun osewa?

No. This is Seunmsg 😎.

1 Like

Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by Styluss: 10:27am On Jul 12, 2023
The sad part is, its always coming from the educated ones in diaspora, and they never come home, they prefer to only come for vacation while they tell you to manage the country they refused to return to

Ray02:

These people amuse me u swear, as if Nigeria currency is Dollar. Do they expect Nigerians to be paying equivalent of what they pay abroad cos our currency has been spoilt by people they want me to be praising? Lmao
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by Asswipemod: 2:00pm On Jul 12, 2023
seunmsg:

No. This is Seunmsg 😎.
Aka Kadoso Mutairu!😎😉😜🤪
Re: Dr Simi Sola Of NHS Resigns After 20 Years by Shokoloko(f): 2:22pm On Jul 12, 2023
seunmsg:

She’s returning.
She called you and told you? Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Between Ibinabo Fiberesima And The State / My Boss Said I Should Never Send Him A Mail Again, Help / Civil Servants Demand N46, 000 Minimum Wage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.